The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.18 The Werewolf Transformation (Feb. 23)

How do you rate the episode?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

And yes, it is convenient, for both parties

What "parties"? There're parties now? :icon_lol:

Gosh, you're taking 'shipping TV couples way too seriously. :icon_cheesygrin:

Lighten up. Maybe next season the writers will introduce new romantic interests for all characters, and all this silly fighting about "my 'ship is better than yours" will become moot. :icon_twisted:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

And yes, it is convenient, for both parties

What "parties"? There're parties now? :icon_lol:

Gosh, you're taking 'shipping TV couples way too seriously. :icon_cheesygrin:

Lighten up. Maybe next season the writers will introduce new romantic interests for all characters, and all this silly fighting about "my 'ship is better than yours" will become moot. :icon_twisted:

I wasn't even talking about ships, (I am sure I didn't mention any couple here),,, I was talking about the two sides of Amy is a lesbian / Amy is not a lesbian, nor I said a couple is better than another one.. (I thought that is what we were discussing here, Amy lesbian comments... not "ships" or couples...)

I was talking about the two sides of Amy is a lesbian / Amy is not a lesbian

What about the third, much bigger side of "we don't know yet, and neither does Amy"? :icon_cheesygrin:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

ok, 3 sides .. sheesh

I didn't say that this was Chuck's first show.. I wrote Fist, this is a Chuck Lorre show. Punctuation is your friend.

I'm not denying facts, I am rebuking interpretations. Amy being a lesbian is not a fact. It is an interpretation.

Bill never said Sheldon was asexual, you are wrong with that... he said that Sheldon's love was "science". He never used the word asexual, just like he never labeled Sheldon as an Aspie. They don't want to use labels, and that's why they don't say it, and I find it absolutelly correct that they don't do it (and I am saying it as an person with Aspergers).

And yes, probably they stopped with the comments due to the people complaining, which is kinda sad cos I did find those jokes funny (even though I would have liked if there was less of them).

Anyhow, Mayim is not going to be in the next two episodes so you guys will have a break from that.

Well I don't know what a fist show is and spelling is your friend.

Yes bill did I recently say a article that said relationships aren't for him so yeah he did.

After the first couple times it was unneccesary and has no purpose of anything it was played out.

Good we need a break

Yes, I think it's pretty clear she's falling for him bit by bit (especially evidenced by her recent comments to Penny regarding how handsome and brilliant he is). And he's not completely untouched either, given his jealousy when she gets male attention and his worrying about her when they couldn't be in touch. I'm just not sure what the 'falling in love' paradigm even entails, for two people as off-the-wall as these two!

Agreed. They are getting close. Even if the romantic relationship doesn't work out between them, they should remain very close friends.

While that's true, I can't imagine they would spend all this time building up a relationship between those two to have them be "just friends" (albeit really close ones) for the rest of the series. I hope they would have to move to the next stage at some point, and even Sheldon saying "I have feelings for her" is enough - they don't even have to get physical (and that's just a personal opinion, I would be fine with it).

I even find their relationship more solid than Leonard and Penny's. Sheldon and Amy both would never find someone like the other again. It's just too unlikely. Yeah, Penny and Leonard can be cute, and Howard and Bernadette are a great couple, but in a way, Sheldon and Amy are the closest you can get to soulmates, in that sense. At least to me.

You have a good point. If Sheldon never comes round to the idea, then so be it. If he does, he'd be awkward and unable to raise the issue. Which could be very sweet.

I mentioned this before, but the writers may avoid this whole issue altogether, by hinting that something may have happened and never confirming it. It would also be more tasteful and funny to see the other characters trying to work it out. Who knows, I'm really looking forward to finding out.

While that's true, I can't imagine they would spend all this time building up a relationship between those two to have them be "just friends" (albeit really close ones) for the rest of the series. I hope they would have to move to the next stage at some point, and even Sheldon saying "I have feelings for her" is enough - they don't even have to get physical (and that's just a personal opinion, I would be fine with it).

I even find their relationship more solid than Leonard and Penny's. Sheldon and Amy both would never find someone like the other again. It's just too unlikely. Yeah, Penny and Leonard can be cute, and Howard and Bernadette are a great couple, but in a way, Sheldon and Amy are the closest you can get to soulmates, in that sense. At least to me.

I agree with this. I think the show-runners know that they have a potentially unique romantic relationship on their hands here (which is already getting plenty of attention and acceptance). I don't think they're going to let it fizzle out to 'just being close friends' again. It's true that this will be a tricky relationship to write and play out, given how odd and how popular both these characters are; but nothing great is ever easy.

Regarding Amy being bisexual - I honestly think her 'Penny crush' is played purely for laughs. While her attachment to Sheldon clearly isn't. So I'm willing to bet that the situation is going to settle into a solid same-sex friendship between Penny and Amy, and a solid intriguing 'something more' between Sheldon and Amy. What or how much that 'something more' will be, we don't know yet.

I agree with everyonthing you wrote here Pomita. I think the writers just think it's funny for Amy to make these remarks, and I don't think they are portraying her as a lesbian at all. I've never gotten that vibe. She just worships Penny and looks up to her, plain and simple, and doesn't realize that Penny isn't comfortable with what she says yet.

I don't get why some think Amy's comments have to indicate she's gay or bi. Did all the homosexual jokes regarding Howard and Raj make anyone really think they were gay? They basically made out with each other via those kissing simulators, but I never thought they were going to suddenly say they were gay. It's just a joke, plain and simple IMO. We aren't supposed to seriously think Amy is in love with Penny. Amy makes TMI comments all the time, not just related to Penny. It's just who she is and Penny hasn't told her she's not comfortable with it yet.

Pffft, of course it's a comedy, and that situation can be comedy gold.

There wouldn't be any prolonged pain and suffering, because the writers managed to find a perfect match even for sleezy Howard - surely they would find a perfect girl for Amy, if she ever realized "hey, I'm into girls after all!". :icon_cheesygrin:

Oh she's not into girls....she just wants to become those girls so that guys like Zack begin to like her :)....undercover vixen :icon_cheesygrin:

Oh she's not into girls....she just wants to become those girls so that guys like Zack begin to like her :)....undercover vixen :icon_cheesygrin:

That is a valid explanation for Amy's behavior. We'll just have to wait and see. :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't get why some think Amy's comments have to indicate she's gay or bi. Did all the homosexual jokes regarding Howard and Raj make anyone really think they were gay? They basically made out with each other via those kissing simulators, but I never thought they were going to suddenly say they were gay. It's just a joke, plain and simple IMO. We aren't supposed to seriously think Amy is in love with Penny. Amy makes TMI comments all the time, not just related to Penny. It's just who she is and Penny hasn't told her she's not comfortable with it yet.

Well at times I wondered if raj and or Howard were gay so yeah I did and I can't wait for the episode of penny or someone telling Amy to stop unless they just phase it out like they did with raj and Howard.

Well at times I wondered if raj and or Howard were gay so yeah I did and I can't wait for the episode of penny or someone telling Amy to stop unless they just phase it out like they did with raj and Howard.

I think the in show description of Raj as sexually ambivalent is accurate. He is heterosexual in his desires but his orientation as a person is to think of himself as feminine. He plays feminine characters, quotes women, says of himself, "you know it just goes to my hips." He really is a psychiatrist's dream.

Now that would be an episode worth watching! :icon_cheesygrin:

My opinion is that they will phase it out. Since there wasn't anything in the last episode, and Amy said those things about Sheldon, I am hoping they are going to shift Amy to focus more on Sheldon now. I have a feeling leading to the finale, something is going to happen between those two.

I agree with everyonthing you wrote here Pomita. I think the writers just think it's funny for Amy to make these remarks, and I don't think they are portraying her as a lesbian at all. I've never gotten that vibe. She just worships Penny and looks up to her, plain and simple, and doesn't realize that Penny isn't comfortable with what she says yet.

That's how I look at it. See, Amy's social awkwardness and naivete is in many ways similar to Sheldon's, and the way she goes all out in her blind adoration of Penny is not very different from Sheldon's enthused craziness for his screen idols, which earns him restraining orders. His screaming 'I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy' does not indicate that he is gay and is attracted to Nimoy; it shows that he is completely fascinated by the character/actor, idolizes him to the point of absurdity, and has no idea how to express it appropriately. In Amy's case it happens to be for a real-life person, but she fares just as badly in expression.

I agree, that is sort of the point of it. :)

My opinion is that they will phase it out. Since there wasn't anything in the last episode, and Amy said those things about Sheldon, I am hoping they are going to shift Amy to focus more on Sheldon now. I have a feeling leading to the finale, something is going to happen between those two.

Your lips to the writers' ears!

That's how I look at it. See, Amy's social awkwardness and naivete is in many ways similar to Sheldon's, and the way she goes all out in her blind adoration of Penny is not very different from Sheldon's enthused craziness for his screen idols, which earns him restraining orders. His screaming 'I possess the DNA of Leonard Nimoy' does not indicate that he is gay and is attracted to Nimoy; it shows that he is completely fascinated by the character/actor, idolizes him to the point of absurdity, and has no idea how to express it appropriately. In Amy's case it happens to be for a real-life person, but she fares just as badly in expression.

I agree, that is sort of the point of it. :)

Your lips to the writers' ears!

I don't see how you can compare sheldon's admiration of Leonard nimoy basically a stranger to him versus amy's to penny.

I don't see how you can compare sheldon's admiration of Leonard nimoy basically a stranger to him versus amy's to penny.

They are similar only in the sense that both these sentiments involve an intense and blind idolization of a particular object of adoration - in Sheldon's case, Spock/Nimoy (for example), because he sees in him the qualities he values greatly (science, logic); and in Amy's case, Penny, because she sees in her the qualities which she considers cool and would like to emulate.

Also, because of their geekiness and awkwardness, these feelings get expressed in inappropriate or over-enthusiastic ways.

The difference, of course, is that since Nimoy and Sheldon's other idols are strangers, they bring restraining orders against him, while Penny hasn't acquired one against Amy (yet) because she knows her. :)

Clearly my favorite episode this season!

Sheldons world collapsing into chaos because of his haircut, Leonard being beaten by Penny in chess, Sheldons bongos .... everything on this episode was hilarious.

And not to mention Simon Helbergs awesome performance .... when he tells the stories of the astronaut training, simply great. Espcially how he delivered the "I ate a butterfly" line!

And i also loved the closing scene where you could really see that Kaley and Jim couldn't stop from laughing, i'm really curious to see the bloopers on the DVD of that scene :)

They are similar only in the sense that both these sentiments involve an intense and blind idolization of a particular object of adoration - in Sheldon's case, Spock/Nimoy (for example), because he sees in him the qualities he values greatly (science, logic); and in Amy's case, Penny, because she sees in her the qualities which she considers cool and would like to emulate.

Also, because of their geekiness and awkwardness, these feelings get expressed in inappropriate or over-enthusiastic ways.

The difference, of course, is that since Nimoy and Sheldon's other idols are strangers, they bring restraining orders against him, while Penny hasn't acquired one against Amy (yet) because she knows her. :)

There is a big difference between Sheldon and Amy. I don't think that anyone could construe that Sheldon's admiration and adoration for his heroes are in anyway sexual in nature. On the other hand Amy's comments are almost always sexual in nature. The painting of the two of them that was originally a nude and could be changed back with soap and water. Her comment about wanting to be in a prison cell with Penny, and the time when she went into Penny's bedroom to participate in a homosexual experience with Penny. It is not simply a case of Amy wanting to be like Penny.

I agree you can't compare Amy and Sheldon with this, Sheldon worships nimoy due to him playing Spock while most of us don't know what to take from amy's regards to penny I don't see it the same way as sheldon feels for Spock I don't think it ever was with Amy towards penny especially with her recent behavior and sexual comments if anything it's a little unhealty and edging towards stalker/obession for Amy.

Just an observation and it may be just me that thinks this, when Penny was cutting Sheldons hair, his face seemed a little strange and not very Sheldonlike, more that Jim wasnt totally in character, maybe im wrong!