The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.18 The Werewolf Transformation (Feb. 23)

How do you rate the episode?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

ANOTHER lesbian comment from ugly Amy?!?!? WTF writers! I'm sticking by my prediction that Amy and Penny end the season naked in bed together.

I don't see how or why they would do that especially after the heat the got for last season's ending. But if this happens and unlike penny/raj they actually have a night of passion, I will say this it will ruin penny's character and the show(jump the shark) and it would ruin the fan base that wants penny and Leonard to get together or any other ship you want her with, I just can't see them doing this if they do why not have her actually sleep with raj this time and how about a go for Howard and maybe even let Sheldon have a turn and top it off let Bernadette have a turn and why stop there have everyone male sleep with each female character and vise versa.

Although I don't see Amy and Penny ending up in bed together I can imagine a episode where something is wrong with pennys apartment so she ends up sleeping over at amys on the coach and Amy staring at her the entire night or something happening at Amy's apartment and she end up staring at penny the entire night.

I think this was a good episode overall I liked the Howard parts also thought that ending with Sheldon's hair was funny for some reason when I saw that I thought of the star trek live long and prosper sign except upside down. Also I'm not a huge fan of Amy's lesbian comments I wish the writers didn't feel the need to put one in pretty much every episode. All in all a pretty good episode.

Howard was hilarious, Simon is certainly an incredibly gifted comedy actor. I laughed a lot during this episode, one of my favourites this season. Especially liked Sheldon's Bongo Solo. Not much Raj or Amy this time. If I was Kunal I would be getting a bit annoyed with the lack of storyline for Raj.

I had problems not to laugh :icon_lol: :icon_lol:  Sheldon was hilarious with the bongos and at the end this new haircut *LOL* :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ! And also was Howard :icon_lol: 

I couldn`t stop laughing it was so much fun :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

better enjoy this because we have a month before the new episode. :(

grrrr... /shakesfist @ filming schedules

Loved this episode.

Simon Helberg played the "guy-who-only-has-5-minutes-to-live" role brilliantly. Excellent, excellent.

Another solid one. Sheldon Bieber was hilarious :D :D :D

Although I don't see Amy and Penny ending up in bed together I can imagine a episode where something is wrong with pennys apartment so she ends up sleeping over at amys on the coach and Amy staring at her the entire night or something happening at Amy's apartment and she end up staring at penny the entire night.

I think this was a good episode overall I liked the Howard parts also thought that ending with Sheldon's hair was funny for some reason when I saw that I thought of the star trek live long and prosper sign except upside down. Also I'm not a huge fan of Amy's lesbian comments I wish the writers didn't feel the need to put one in pretty much every episode. All in all a pretty good episode.

Oh my that would be incredibly creepy if Amy did that but penny would just sleep across the hall on the guys couch if there was something wrong with her apartment.

grrrr... /shakesfist @ filming schedules

Loved this episode.

Simon Helberg played the "guy-who-only-has-5-minutes-to-live" role brilliantly. Excellent, excellent.

Another solid one. Sheldon Bieber was hilarious :D :D :D

Well they have about 5 or 6 episodes this season and it's late feb. so for them to do that they'll have to take time off, not to mention they write about 23/24 episodes a year and not to forget substract the summer weeks and they'll go stretches like this, plus they take a couple weeks off due to the college basketball championship being on.

Lets hope with the time off the writers will write great episodes.

For those of you uncomfortable with the toothbrush reference, it could have been worse. From the taping report, a scene that didn't make the broadcast included Amy in the bathroom continuing her harp solo with, "On a steel horse I ride"

I hate to admit it, but I did find this episode funny. I must have had a mini-stroke. Does anyone else smell almonds?

The Howard at space camp stuff was great. The Sheldon arc was plausible, although I know there is such a thing as haircut records, I've seen mine. Best of all, very little Raj.

They should just get it over with and kill Raj off. He could get clobbered by a space toilet that Howard accidentally dropped from the space station. I know its been done, but its a classic.

Howard is the only one who hasn't seen Penny naked.

Ahh, but you forget the camera he (Howard) hid in one of her stuffed bears.

All in all, this was a pretty good episode. Sheldon's response to having to change barbers was believable, and his reaction was predictable. The bit about 'haircut' records was hilarious, and a revelation into the ingenuity his mother has in managing his 'quirkyness'.

Sheldon going into beatnik mode was great. Seeing that the world didn't end when one of his deadlines passed would be just the thing to send him into a devil may care attitude.

As for his buying a bear for the barber being inconsistent with his earlier objection to a bear as a gift for Penny, maybe it was simply the desparate act of a desparate man. As was going to the hospital at all...

I really enjoyed Amy in this episode. Rocking out on the harp was great. She is so desparate to experience a physical relationship and has no ideas about boundaries and behavior. It's odd to me how some people object to her comments (though they don't have to have one in every episode) towards Penny and argue that she should know better. Why would she? Sheldon does any number of socially unacceptable things and it is just taken for granted that he does so due to his lack of social skills. If someone would explain to Amy that the behavior is out of bounds (as has been done with Sheldon) then maybe she could be expected to change. Nobody has done so.

Howard's astronaut training scenes were really funny. And not too hard to believe. Someone like Howard would have a tough time qualifying as an astronaut. I did have a hard time believing the survival training part. Why would astronauts go through a military style survival course? His mother being at the training with him was the perfect touch for the whole scenario.

Good episode. Not great. It does seem like there is something different in how Jim Parsons is playing Sheldon. Maybe its just the difference in appearance (weight, hair style). I am thinking that the body language seems different. The expressions and reactions to things has changed. Also, his behaviors are out of character. We have seen him doing lab work without gloves. Touching a sweaty basketball. Sticking his head in a hole in the wall. Just some things that it's hard to imagine Sheldon doing.

For those of you uncomfortable with the toothbrush reference, it could have been worse. From the taping report, a scene that didn't make the broadcast included Amy in the bathroom continuing her harp solo with, "On a steel horse I ride"

I hate to admit it, but I did find this episode funny. I must have had a mini-stroke. Does anyone else smell almonds?

The Howard at space camp stuff was great. The Sheldon arc was plausible, although I know there is such a thing as haircut records, I've seen mine. Best of all, very little Raj.

They should just get it over with and kill Raj off. He could get clobbered by a space toilet that Howard accidentally dropped from the space station. I know its been done, but its a classic.

What makes you think he saw her named maybe just underwear and all was mentioned her being mad at him for the bear, I'm not uncomfortable with the tooth brush, now I was when Amy asked penny if she wanted to borrow hers one time, I just wish they don't feel the need to put it any every episode or anyone, but Amy doesn't know any better, why aren't they treating her like the have Sheldon when it comes to social cues, etc.

I actually like raj when he's not drunk if he could cure his mutism, but he's been non existent this season with the addition of Amy and Bernadette full time, as much as they use him he might as well move back to India, if i were kunal I wouldn't be happy with this.

What makes you think he saw her named maybe just underwear and all was mentioned her being mad at him for the bear, I'm not uncomfortable with the tooth brush, now I was when Amy asked penny if she wanted to borrow hers one time, I just wish they don't feel the need to put it any every episode or anyone, but Amy doesn't know any better, why aren't they treating her like the have Sheldon when it comes to social cues, etc.

I actually like raj when he's not drunk if he could cure his mutism, but he's been non existent this season with the addition of Amy and Bernadette full time, as much as they use him he might as well move back to India, if i were kunal I wouldn't be happy with this.

I like Raj when they don't have him act like an ass. Though Howard says he is one pretty much all the time. They did build an episode around him and his i-phone. So he has gotten some air time. There really isn't that much they can do with him.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if they make Kunal a recurring cast member at some point.

Raj used to be my second favorite character, but he serves no purpose on the show right now.

I like Raj when they don't have him act like an ass. Though Howard says he is one pretty much all the time. They did build an episode around him and his i-phone. So he has gotten some air time. There really isn't that much they can do with him.

Yeah but most of the season he's been mostly a couple lines an episode like this past episode he's in the opening scence and never heard from the rest of the episode, I can't remember a show where one of the main cast members was regulated to a couple lines when two new members joined, I actually think they can do something with raj without him carrying a beer around all the time and turning him into a jerk which he didn't use to be, maybe do something with his mutism of course the writers probably feel it would take away from who he is yet he'd still be a nerd that dresses in layers. Of course how's almost a recurring character as well this season.

Some of the changes in Sheldon and Amy have been bothering me this season, but last night I really liked what they did, especially the scene with the two together just hanging out. I wish they would do more scenes with them together so we can see the dynamic between them now more, especially since they are both changing some.

I think they are leading up to something with these two. Sheldon becoming more laid back. Amy becoming sexually frustrated. Something is going to happen.

Maybe that is why they are making Amy come on to Penny so much too, because she is getting no where with Sheldon. I am hoping that is the reason.

Some of the changes in Sheldon and Amy have been bothering me this season, but last night I really liked what they did, especially the scene with the two together just hanging out. I wish they would do more scenes with them together so we can see the dynamic between them now more, especially since they are both changing some.

I think they are leading up to something with these two. Sheldon becoming more laid back. Amy becoming sexually frustrated. Something is going to happen.

Maybe that is why they are making Amy come on to Penny so much too, because she is getting no where with Sheldon. I am hoping that is the reason.

That's why I think they'll break up I just don't see a attraction there from Sheldon or see him liking her like that, as for penny so Amy will dish it out to anyone hoping for something.

I don't know. I think sheldon might be interested later on and that is why they are making him change some now. Why would he say "interesting" after the first kiss?

Here's my idea for a future show --

Leonard is around to hear another unappropriate comment from Amy to Penny. When Leonard and Penny are alone, Leonard asks Penny about it and she opens up to him how Amy is making her uncomfortable but Amy is so fragile that she doesn't want to hurt her feelings. Penny tells Leonard to explain to Sheldon that he needs to step it up in his relationship with Amy! That way, Amy will be happier and leave Penny alone!

Leonard has a talk with Sheldon, and this leads to Sheldon trying to be a better boyfriend to Amy, but he does everything wrong, leading to very funny situations. Eventually they have "coitus," probably by some kind of induced alcohol state, and afterwards, sheldon says, "so my genitals are fully functional!"

My attempt at humor this morning. I guess we will see! :)

Some really good lines in this episode (minus the lesbian comment).

I do not like Jim's hair like that though, much preferred it in the earlier seasons. Jim looked a little thicker this time too, liking that look on him. :)

I have just seen the episode and I think it was brilliant. So funny :icon_cheesygrin: Are they gonna take a break? when will the new ep show?

The Big Bang Theory beats American Idol outright for the first time:

Last night's episode of The Big Bang Theory topped its time slot, beat American Idol outright for the first time and ranked as the night's most-watched and highest-rated program.

"The Werewolf Transformation" was watched by 16.11 million people, up by 460,000 viewers from last week, and scored a 9.7/16 rating in households. The Big Bang Theory scored a 5.2/15 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, a 6.6/7 rating among adults 25-54 and a 3.9/13 among adults 18-34. The show was up by 2% in the adults 18-49 demo from last week. The Big Bang Theory finished first in its time slot and for the night as a whole in total viewers, households, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.

Although The Big Bang Theory has topped American Idol in the ratings for the past five weeks, this was only when compared to American Idol's performance in the same half-hour period as The Big Bang Theory. Yesterday's episode of The Big Bang Theory rated higher than Idol's entire hour-long broadcast. The Big Bang Theory also beat American Idol in the shared half-hour by the largest margins yet.

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/story/1673/Episode-518-Ratings-Big-win-over-American-Idol/

I don't know. I think sheldon might be interested later on and that is why they are making him change some now. Why would he say "interesting" after the first kiss?

Here's my idea for a future show --

Leonard is around to hear another unappropriate comment from Amy to Penny. When Leonard and Penny are alone, Leonard asks Penny about it and she opens up to him how Amy is making her uncomfortable but Amy is so fragile that she doesn't want to hurt her feelings. Penny tells Leonard to explain to Sheldon that he needs to step it up in his relationship with Amy! That way, Amy will be happier and leave Penny alone!

Leonard has a talk with Sheldon, and this leads to Sheldon trying to be a better boyfriend to Amy, but he does everything wrong, leading to very funny situations. Eventually they have "coitus," probably by some kind of induced alcohol state, and afterwards, sheldon says, "so my genitals are fully functional!"

My attempt at humor this morning. I guess we will see! :)

Which kiss are you talking about, the drunken one?

I could see maybe penny and Leonard talking about Amy but it would be along the lines of how to tell Amy to stop, no way would they think the only reason she's coming onto penny is because she needs to get some so Leonard needs to tell Sheldon he needs to hit that so she'll quit hitting on penny

Yes, they're throwing out a boatload of hints between Sheldon/Amy. This has to be leading somewhere.

I thought it was a VERY funny episode, with sweet interactions between so many character sets - Sheldon/Leonard, Sheldon/Amy, Sheldon/Penny (her outlining all she has done for him was so nostalgic, and the hair-cutting was priceless), back-reference to Adhesive Duck, Howard/Bernadette, and the hilarious Sheldon/Amy/Leonard/Penny dynamics in the penultimate scene.

But more than anything else, I can't get the musical bongo dialogues out of my mind. 'Never-play-bongos while walking-down-the-stairs'. :D

A MONTH! :icon_cry: how dare they have time off.

Is this a holiday break? anyone?

well the basketball championship starts in a couple weeks so that cuts into it, but they have about 5 or 6 episodes left and it's late feb. and for them to end in may they have to do that of course they didn't have to come back from the holiday break with seven straight episodes.

well the basketball championship starts in a couple weeks so that cuts into it, but they have about 5 or 6 episodes left and it's late feb. and for them to end in may they have to do that of course they didn't have to come back from the holiday break with seven straight episodes.

I see, thanks cbolt.