The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.18 The Werewolf Transformation (Feb. 23)

How do you rate the episode?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

Love, love, loved this episode!

Howard's Nasa trip was hilarious, well done Simon! Really hope they let him stick with it now :)

Only bummer was finding out Howard's mum was with him...

Sheldon on chaos was sublime, the heartthrob Shelbieb had me on the floor!

The look in his eyes when he realized he could do anything now, was priceless. Cool that they threw in the reference to the lack of adhesive ducks episode ( still 1 of my favs )

The haircutting was great & I am wondering if they keep the hole through the next episodes.

Even Sheldon's hair can't grow that fast...:icon_wink:

Now all I have to do is stop thinking about a Matthew McConaughey & bongo's ( wonder if that's where the idea came from..) & get the tunes Sheldon played out of my head

Pretty good episode.

The funniest moment for me was the first glimpse of Howard after his survival training. Poor battered Howard! but to the guys credit, he's sticking with it.

Also, Amy telling Sheldon to grow his hair and then rushing off to the bathroom. Very saucy, not that he noticed! The poor lass is waiting on him but by the end of the episode she seemed positively depressed. Could he be about to be dumped?

omg! I've never seen the lack of adhesive ducks episode! I just looked it up on youtube and omg! so funny! I saw the part where he accidentally grabbed her "you know" but it looked like she had a towel on the whole time and he closed his eyes when he was dressing her. So when did he see her necked?

Love, love, loved this episode!

Howard's Nasa trip was hilarious, well done Simon! Really hope they let him stick with it now :)

Only bummer was finding out Howard's mum was with him...

The look in his eyes when he realized he could do anything now, was priceless. Cool that they threw in the reference to the lack of adhesive ducks episode ( still 1 of my favs )

The haircutting was great & I am wondering if they keep the hole through the next episodes.

Even Sheldon's hair can't grow that fast...:icon_wink:

Now all I have to do is stop thinking about a Matthew McConaughey & bongo's ( wonder if that's where the idea came from..) & get the tunes Sheldon played out of my head

Well since the next episode will be in about a month so it could grow back.

omg! I've never seen the lack of adhesive ducks episode! I just looked it up on youtube and omg! so funny! I saw the part where he accidentally grabbed her "you know" but it looked like she had a towel on the whole time and he closed his eyes when he was dressing her. So when did he see her necked?

All she had on was the shirt while trying to get the shirt on, they didn't actually show Sheldon peaking at penny naked on the show this isn't HBO but he did peak as he mentioned on the car ride to the hospital.

But in the show there wasn't a mention of a break, so that would break the continuum...and to be honest it would be fun to keep that in for a few episodes :)

@BazingaFan You should watch the whole episode as the most funny bits are the ones in the hospital when Sheldon is doing Penny's chart to be admitted for treatment. The interaction between the 2 is pricesless as are Sheldon's answers to the questions....his interpretations that is...Think I will watch that on DVD today :icon_cheesygrin:

The look in his eyes when he realized he could do anything now, was priceless.

The look in his eyes was so triumphant, when he realized he can wear his Tuesday pyjamas if he wants and nothing terrible would happen!

I have those bongo dialogues permanently imprinted in my mind now. Jim did such a brilliant job of them. I think the one that cracked me up most was 'Penny forgot to use the subjunctive'. :D

Also, Amy telling Sheldon to grow his hair and then rushing off to the bathroom. Very saucy, not that he noticed! The poor lass is waiting on him but by the end of the episode she seemed positively depressed. Could he be about to be dumped?

Hope not! But she does seem to be in need of some loving pretty soon. I'm actually hoping Sheldon steps up somewhat. From a person like him, just a kiss initiated by him would be a big thing and I think Amy would recognize it as such.

But in the show there wasn't a mention of a break, so that would break the continuum...and to be honest it would be fun to keep that in for a few episodes :)

@BazingaFan You should watch the whole episode as the most funny bits are the ones in the hospital when Sheldon is doing Penny's chart to be admitted for treatment. The interaction between the 2 is pricesless as are Sheldon's answers to the questions....his interpretations that is...Think I will watch that on DVD today :icon_cheesygrin:

Thanks guys, I went back and found the scene in the car where he said he "Peeked". OMG, this show is so funny. I don't think I have ever been hooked so much on a show. Maybe it's because it's been so long for me that a decent, funny show has been on.

The look in his eyes when he realized he could do anything now, was priceless.

The look in his eyes was so triumphant, when he realized he can wear his Tuesday pyjamas if he wants and nothing terrible would happen!

I have those bongo dialogues permanently imprinted in my mind now. Jim did such a brilliant job of them. I think the one that cracked me up most was 'Penny forgot to use the subjunctive'. :D

Hope not! But she does seem to be in need of some loving pretty soon. I'm actually hoping Sheldon steps up somewhat. From a person like him, just a kiss initiated by him would be a big thing and I think Amy would recognize it as such.

Imagine Sheldon trying to kiss her! What a scene that will be!

You think I don't already spend 40% of my free time imagining that? ;)

Yes.. but creepy good, yeah ?? lolz :D

Indeed. :D I imagine them going for it with something like the awkwardness of The Cuddle.

I thought that it was a pretty good episode that had 2 scenes that detracted from the overall performance.

1) Although I usually stick up for Leonard but I thought that the way he reacted to Penny beating him in Chess was childish. What he should have done was to be excited and happy for her, and to let her know it.

2) Once again Amy pops up with a unwelcome and inappropriate Lesbian comment to Penny.

It fit right in with leonard's character to react that way, I'm not sure what about his character that makes you think he'd be excited for her.

I said that's what he SHOULD have done.

Except that would be out of character for Leonard to do that.

Pretty good episode.

The funniest moment for me was the first glimpse of Howard after his survival training. Poor battered Howard! but to the guys credit, he's sticking with it.

I can see them breaking up at the end of the season after Amy is tired of waiting on him, I just hope she moves on to some other guy and not ratchet up her attraction to penny after breaking up with Sheldon and newly single but if it does penny needs to put the foot down.

Yeah, creepy good.

I don't understand all the hatred towards the gay jokes...they're a staple of the sitcom world, and the gay jokes between Raj and Howard are hilarious.

I don't understand all the hatred towards the gay jokes...they're a staple of the sitcom world, and the gay jokes between Raj and Howard are hilarious.

Because they're unneccesary, they shouldn't be, and raj and Howard jokes eventually stopped they haven't done one it a while so lets hope this eventually happens with the current ones regarding Amy towards penny.

I also think the problem with the gay jokes is that the advances are unwanted by Penny. I didn't think that advances and crude comments that Howard made towards Penny were funny either. Penny eventually put a stop to them by going off on Howard and then when she tried to comfort him in a non-romantic way because he was feeling so devastated, she ended up having to break his nose to put a final end to it.

I fail to find the humor in anyone who aggressively pursues another person who is obviously not interested. Penny does not appear to be gay. Not only that but she presently in a relationship with Leonard. Amy's inappropriate advances are not funny, they are creepy. In addition, in Amy's case she has a problem in understanding what is socially acceptable behavior. She has already stepped over the line as to what is appropriate behavior on more then one occasion, who knows just how much further she might step without thinking that what she is doing is wrong. What's next, seeing her poisoning Leonard to get him out of the picture because she doesn't think he is good enough? Holding Penny captive somewhere until Penny realizes just how much Amy "loves" her?

I find Amy's behavior not only distracting but annoying. When watching re-runs of the show I fast forward through the Amy scenes where she is making her disturbing comments.

I also think the problem with the gay jokes is that the advances are unwanted by Penny. I didn't think that advances and crude comments that Howard made towards Penny were funny either. Penny eventually put a stop to them by going off on Howard and then when she tried to comfort him in a non-romantic way because he was feeling so devastated, she ended up having to break his nose to put a final end to it.

I fail to find the humor in anyone who aggressively pursues another person who is obviously not interested. Penny does not appear to be gay. Not only that but she presently in a relationship with Leonard. Amy's inappropriate advances are not funny, they are creepy. In addition, in Amy's case she has a problem in understanding what is socially acceptable behavior. She has already stepped over the line as to what is appropriate behavior on more then one occasion, who knows just how much further she might step without thinking that what she is doing is wrong. What's next, seeing her poisoning Leonard to get him out of the picture because she doesn't think he is good enough? Holding Penny captive somewhere until Penny realizes just how much Amy "loves" her?

I find Amy's behavior not only distracting but annoying. When watching re-runs of the show I fast forward through the Amy scenes where she is making her disturbing comments.

^^ This I agree with completely!

I loved how Penny stopped Howard's creepy innuendo's, it also made the writers change Howard's character to be more likable imo

And I find Amy's remarks also very annoying at this point into the season. I would love to see Penny stand up again & telling Amy off. And frankly I don't care how Amy would react as to breaking the girls friendship...I think that says enough about how I feel about the Penny / Amy friendship

Well for one Howard didn't stop after she punched him at the end of the episode he said he is half way to pity sex, what made him stop is him being in a serious relationship with Bernadette and I'm sure the writers felt it is best if he didn't hit on penny anymore, as for her Amy it isn't the comments themselves which do bother me it's the way she acts towards penny and her behavior is borderline creppy and obession, I find it hard to believe as someone as smart as she is wouldn't research about friendship since it appears she hasn't had any before and would know how to act, hopefully penny does tell Amy that it's not okay and making her uncomfortable, plus penny isn't lesbian or shown anything that would make Amy think that plus she's shown nothing but friendship towards Amy, hopefully penny says something to Amy and this season, Amy is a good character and her scenes are funny when she's not making crude comments to penny.

I am not sure just where Amy would go on how to act like a friend but I am sure that there has to something out there somewhere that would give her a hint.

I too think or at least hope that sometime this season Penny or someone else will tell Amy that she is being both creepy and annoying with her comments. The reason that I mention someone else is that I can see Penny being concerned with hurting Amy's feelings where as one of the other characters might not worry that much about it. As a veteran of Penny's ire when she has finally reached the boiling point, perhaps Howard can warn her of the possible consequences if she doesn't stop. Another scenario is that Amy finds out the Penny and Bernadette have been going out together and now asking her to go with them. When she asks them why they tell her that her advances towards Penny are just to creepy and really puts a damper on the evening.

I am not sure just where Amy would go on how to act like a friend but I am sure that there has to something out there somewhere that would give her a hint.

I too think or at least hope that sometime this season Penny or someone else will tell Amy that she is being both creepy and annoying with her comments. The reason that I mention someone else is that I can see Penny being concerned with hurting Amy's feelings where as one of the other characters might not worry that much about it. As a veteran of Penny's ire when she has finally reached the boiling point, perhaps Howard can warn her of the possible consequences if she doesn't stop. Another scenario is that Amy finds out the Penny and Bernadette have been going out together and now asking her to go with them. When she asks them why they tell her that her advances towards Penny are just to creepy and really puts a damper on the evening.

For one there's books and websites that probably tell you how to act and what to say and behavior and what not, and your scenarios have already happened penny and bernadette went dress shopping due to amy's comments and penny being concerned with amy's feeling while trying to tell her she didn't like the panting and telling amy that bernadette would be jealous and it backfired when amy tried to act like she's so much better than bernadette for some reason and took the panting back to penny's apartment and hung it back up.

in my opinion they *the writers) are setiing something huge for this years finale (off topic) leonard/penny amy/penny bernadette/howard amy/sheldon they been dropping hints bombs and foreshadowes all seasons that something big (like series changing) will happen to everyone. and in reply to sheldon being out of charcater. disagree (tuesday pajamas tofay) but who has a feeling that this epsiode we could have seen sheldon getting drunk/partying kissing amy doing crazy things u know?

in my opinion they *the writers) are setiing something huge for this years finale (off topic) leonard/penny amy/penny bernadette/howard amy/sheldon they been dropping hints bombs and foreshadowes all seasons that something big (like series changing) will happen to everyone. and in reply to sheldon being out of charcater. disagree (tuesday pajamas tofay) but who has a feeling that this epsiode we could have seen sheldon getting drunk/partying kissing amy doing crazy things u know?

I hesitate to agree since I believe they don't actually had any kind of plan. But, your point is taken. There are a lot of hints being dropped. I was particularly disturbed when Penny said about she and Leonard that they didn't know what would happen and Sheldon said, "please, everyone knows what will happen." Sounded ominous and I would like to see them successfully a couple.

There are a lot of hints being dropped. I was particularly disturbed when Penny said about she and Leonard that they didn't know what would happen and Sheldon said, "please, everyone knows what will happen." Sounded ominous and I would like to see them successfully a couple.

I loved that line, because it can be interpreted in so many different ways, good and bad. Did Sheldon mean that he thinks they're going to break up anyway? Or end up together anyway? Or maybe (knowing him) they'll just have sex anyway?

And of course, the show nowadays is a positive cornucopia of hints about Sheldon/Amy. His becoming more bubbly and light-hearted than usual, her getting more expressive with her amorousness towards him, the subtle transformation in their physical appearance and clothes, Sheldon asking Amy for advice and taking it without question.. and the music leading him to her home at night. Something's off about them. Or on.

listen in regards to amy. remember what role priya playedd as catalyst for leonrad/penny? amy is goiing to be acatalyst for some of sheldon's change. but once she runs her course something going to happen. i dont see her remainig on the show if they break up or even if penny tells her to back off. about the ominous hint i didnt even think about that.

there hs been 3/4 episodes about bernadette/howard relationship troubles. so either there not going to get maried (a perfect way to kill off that charactre) or they want u to think there not getting married and do anyway like when u werent sure they were going to get married.

about penny/amy there has been 100 hints where do they taked the show in my opinion its a comedy penny going to flip and get pissed at her

basically the season finale is set up to permately seal every relationship or break off bernie and amy it's time to show your hand. choose wisely

Sure, Amy could read a book. Sheldon read one. Something like 'Stu the Cockatoo is New at the Zoo'. Of course Leonard had to get him away from the children's section at the bookstore to keep him from getting arrested. Sheldon also unwittingly propositioned a man for sex while trying to find a man for Penny. Amy is every bit as clueless as Sheldon.

I didn't read anything apocalyptic in what Sheldon said about Leonard and Penny's relationship. He believes it is doomed to failure and makes no secret of that fact. Sheldon makes no secret that he thinks most things Leonard does are doomed to failure.