The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.18 The Werewolf Transformation (Feb. 23)

How do you rate the episode?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

well clearly the people here in the north east of england take a very different view to social encounters

i havent heard one word in The Big Bang theory that i would even come close to thinking was taboo.

All insults and joking aside

Some of you really need to lighten up.

Well I'm glad I don't live in northeast then if telling someone they can trim any hair on their body is acceptable or offering penny to take a shower together or only penny will be able to get this.

Look closely. That is the northeast of England. I live in the northeast USA and it isn't acceptable to make sexually charged remarks like Amy does.

I'm pretty sure it's sexual harrasment what Amy says, plus Europe have very loose standards concerning to sex.

I live in London and don't find Amy offensive... it's like Sodom and Gomorrah here.

Well then there must not be any morals there.

All in all the episode was ok,i was very disappointed that rajesh only got scene in the whole episode.

Well that's happened alot this season.

Well I'm glad I don't live in northeast then if telling someone they can trim any hair on their body is acceptable or offering penny to take a shower together or only penny will be able to get this.

Look closely. That is the northeast of England. I live in the northeast USA and it isn't acceptable to make sexually charged remarks like Amy does.

I'm pretty sure it's sexual harrasment what Amy says, plus Europe have very loose standards concerning to sex.

I live in London and don't find Amy offensive... it's like Sodom and Gomorrah here.

Well then there must not be any morals there.

All in all the episode was ok,i was very disappointed that rajesh only got scene in the whole episode.

Well that's happened alot this season.

Unbelievable! you insult people from Europe and then think I'm serious.

well clearly the people here in the north east of england take a very different view to social encounters

i havent heard one word in The Big Bang theory that i would even come close to thinking was taboo.

It may be perfectly acceptable in England to make comments like that but I have never been anywhere in the States where it would be considered okay. As a matter of fact I have been places where it could be a fatal mistake to do so. Although there are many similarities between the U.K. and the United States, they are not the same. Obviously to continue to make unwanted sexual advances and innuendos is one of them.

It may be perfectly acceptable in England to make comments like that but I have never been anywhere in the States where it would be considered okay. As a matter of fact I have been places where it could be a fatal mistake to do so. Although there are many similarities between the U.K. and the United States, they are not the same. Obviously to continue to make unwanted sexual advances and innuendos is one of them.

I'm pretty sure it's against the law to talk and act like Amy's behavior towards Penny in America. Not to be insulting but it's something else if this behavior is just like any conversation or what not.

It's not acceptable to make comments like that in Britain. And it's also not acceptable to make insulting remarks about 'Europe' when you don't know jack! You'd be surprised how conservative some British people are. But this is comedy. If you don't find it funny, that's your opinion. But this is sanctimonious.

It's not acceptable to make comments like that in Britain. And it's also not acceptable to make insulting remarks about 'Europe' when you don't know jack! You'd be surprised how conservative some British people are. But this is comedy. If you don't find it funny, that's your opinion. But this is sanctimonious.

Well excuse me but you're the one that just called where you live a Sodom and Gomorrah so by calling it that it's assumed the people are like that but you get offended but then you say there's a lot of conservative people here, well which is it?

Hi,

am I the only one confused about Raj being able to speak in front of Penny (when he read Howards invitation letter)?

Did I miss here something?

Hi,

am I the only one confused about Raj being able to speak in front of Penny (when he read Howards invitation letter)?

Did I miss here something?

Since they were eating raj was having a alcholic beverage with his meal.

Well excuse me but you're the one that just called where you live a Sodom and Gomorrah so by calling it that it's assumed the people are like that but you get offended but then you say there's a lot of conservative people here, well which is it?

It's a line from the last episode! but I'm sure you know this, and you're just not big enough to apologise for your careless remark.

Well put.

... confused about Raj ... speak in front of Penny...

Ah Ok. I was thinking he has to be real drunk. But if a light beer is doing the job... fine with me. Cheeerio Raj.

Ah Ok. I was thinking he has to be real drunk. But if a light beer is doing the job... fine with me. Cheeerio Raj.

Not only light beer, but also Non alcoholic beer makes him talk to woman! If you watch "The Terminator Decoupling" S2E17, he is chatting up Summer Glau on what later turns out to be a non alcoholic beer. When he realizes that, he is suddenly dumbstruck again...proving it's something in his head and has nothing whatsoever to do with having had alcohol!

Not only light beer, but also Non alcoholic beer makes him talk to woman! If you watch "The Terminator Decoupling" S2E17, he is chatting up Summer Glau on what later turns out to be a non alcoholic beer. When realizes that, he is suddenly dumcstruck again...proving it's something in his head and has nothing whatsoever to do with having had aclcohol!

Yeah he thought it was a regular beer until Howard pointed it out and revert back to himself which is why I'd like to see them address it.

If you notice too, all it takes now is one swallow of alcohol and as soon as he swallows it he can talk to women without giving it any time at all to get into his system. Pretty soon he will be able to just smell alcohol and be able to go.

If you notice too, all it takes now is one swallow of alcohol and as soon as he swallows it he can talk to women without giving it any time at all to get into his system. Pretty soon he will be able to just smell alcohol and be able to go.

Well that's happened thecwhole time when we first knew raj could talk to women with the consumtion of alchol when the guys were are penny's apartment while she is mixing drinks he took one sip from the drink she made for him and became mr. chatty with penny so it's not any different now as it was then, he doesn't take a few sips or enough to get into his system which means it's like a psycological thing with his mind or something.

I really hope they write the Raj + alcohol thing out of the next season. It's one of my pet niggles about the show right now.

I really hope they write the Raj + alcohol thing out of the next season. It's one of my pet niggles about the show right now.

I hope you're right and they don't think it's a part of who raj is it's almost 5 seasons of this and I feel it's run it's course with this, at some point wouldn't raj overcome this and would be able to speak to females I mean Penny, Amy and Bernadette are always hanging out together I realize they're female but you would think he'd be so comfortable with them since they're part of the group and able to talk with them like the guys.

Yeah, the contradiction about Raj is, he has a feminine nature. His tastes and the modern culture he references are 'girly'. I can imagine, if he could talk to women, he'd relate very well. Be one of the girls. I'd like to see that, Raj hanging out with the girls for an episode.

Yeah, the contradiction about Raj is, he has a feminine nature. His tastes and the modern culture he references are 'girly'. I can imagine, if he could talk to women, he'd relate very well. Be one of the girls. I'd like to see that, Raj hanging out with the girls for an episode.

Yeah if he got a girl hecwould relate to her and have things in common with his love of chick flicks, as for him hanging out with the girls only if his mutism is progressing or found a cure that didn't involve his aid of alchol.

Raj might probably turn out to be the best boyfriend ever. He likes chick flicks and Twilight, he's emotional in a girlish way, he knows the difference between eating and dining, and best of all, he would be such a good listener. :D

Raj might probably turn out to be the best boyfriend ever. He likes chick flicks and Twilight, he's emotional in a girlish way, he knows the difference between eating and dining, and best of all, he would be such a good listener. :D

...and he's 'vastly wealthy!'

Raj's character is great and his lines very witty. I think we've gotten past the stage now where he HAS to be holding a beer bottle in his hand whilst he's saying his lines.

Anyhoo... I digress.

Raj's character is great and his lines very witty. I think we've gotten past the stage now where he HAS to be holding a beer bottle in his hand whilst he's saying his lines.

Anyhoo... I digress.

He is the only character that hasn't changed and stayed the same since the beginning.

He is the only character that hasn't changed and stayed the same since the beginning.

I can link you to 40+ pages of posts from the Season 4 Finale episode that say otherwise :)

I can link you to 40+ pages of posts from the Season 4 Finale episode that say otherwise :)

I don't care about that crap, his character is the same he still can't talk to women and you wouldn't notice a difference between now and the beginning he's the only one who hasn't experienced character growth.