The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.18 The Werewolf Transformation (Feb. 23)

How do you rate the episode?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

It's been a while since i watched friends but I don't remember Chandler and Joey continue to make gays jokes to one another or Phoebe coming onto Rachel, I don't see the jokes as one step closer to friends I see it as its not any different (as far as jokes) than any sitcom.

There is an episode where Phoebe comes on to and kisses Rachel, but that's beside the point....I was referring to TBBT slowly transforming from a quirky nerd-based comedy into a full-on relationship based laughtrack riddled train wreck and the morphing of the Howard character from skeezy latently gay Jew stereotype into Mr. Fiance'/Astronaut is just one example.

It's been a while since i watched friends but I don't remember Chandler and Joey continue to make gays jokes to one another or Phoebe coming onto Rachel, I don't see the jokes as one step closer to friends I see it as its not any different (as far as jokes) than any sitcom.

There is an episode where Phoebe comes on to and kisses Rachel, but that's beside the point....I was referring to TBBT slowly transforming from a quirky nerd-based comedy into a full-on relationship based laughtrack riddled train wreck and the morphing of the Howard character from skeezy latently gay Jew stereotype into Mr. Fiance'/Astronaut is just one example.

It seems the innacurate references to the laugh track will never end...

Care to enlighten me good sir?

There are threads devoted to the topic.

Canned laughter (Pages: 1 2 )

Kingman

Sorry, I hoped that would post as a link. It's in The Show threads, page 2.

I found Sheldon revelation regarding his view of the world and the ways he controls the chaos very interesting. Most of which people with sutism use. It was the first time he revealed why he does the things he does.

Actually Sheldon can lie but can't keep a secret.

And he'll use blackmail for his own purposes.

Moral, he ain't.

Amoral he is.

Totally self-centered.

I am not sure that I would say that Sheldon has a high moral character either. He just isn't interested in sex. Penny wouldn't win any awards for high moral standards either.

Sheldon has mentally castrated himself.

Well for one I can't think of an example where Sheldon hasn't displayed high character, he'd do anything for his friends, and I wouldn't say penny has low morals and Rick you really need to get off the penny bashing bandwagon almost all of your posts at one point are displaying this, it just makes you look petty.

When Priya shoved that "roommate agreement" up his ass, he responded with blackmail..

Note: using blackmail is not a sign of a high (moral) character, just a sleaze ball.

Moral, he ain't.

Amoral he is.

Totally self-centered.

I am not sure that I would say that Sheldon has a high moral character either. He just isn't interested in sex. Penny wouldn't win any awards for high moral standards either.

Well for one I can't think of an example where Sheldon hasn't displayed high character, he'd do anything for his friends, and I wouldn't say penny has low morals and Rick you really need to get off the penny bashing bandwagon almost all of your posts at one point are displaying this, it just makes you look petty.

When Priya shoved that "roommate agreement" up his ass, he responded with blackmail..

Note: using blackmail is not a sign of a high (moral) character, just a sleaze ball.

Sheldon's the most moral of all of them and if everyone told you how intelligent you are from the time you found out you are so highlly intelligent you'd be a little self centered or you wouldn't be trying to master the universe like he is.

You don't think that Penny has displayed some low morals? Really? How about you constantly bashing Leonard? Sort of makes you look petty. Just a case of the pot calling the kettle black maybe?

Sheldon almost always puts himself before his friends and everybody else. He expects everybody else to cater to his wishes and desires.

You don't think that Penny has displayed some low morals? Really? How about you constantly bashing Leonard? Sort of makes you look petty. Just a case of the pot calling the kettle black maybe?

Sheldon almost always puts himself before his friends and everybody else. He expects everybody else to cater to his wishes and desires.

I never said Penny hasn't at times displayed lower morals, Leonard has shown time and time again a behavior that suggests he has the least morals. If Sheldon didn't care for anyone he wouldn't have helped out his friends time and time again.

Moral, he ain't.

Amoral he is.

Totally self-centered.

Sheldon's the most moral of all of them and if everyone told you how intelligent you are from the time you found out you are so highlly intelligent you'd be a little self centered or you wouldn't be trying to master the universe like he is.

Sheldon is incapable of doing anything without assistance.

Unappreciated assistance

Demeaned assistance.

Couldn't even figure out the card trick.

In the real world, anyone with all the neurotic twitches he has would be safely confined in a rubber room, with 24/7 surveillance.

I'd have removed myself from anything to do with him a long time ago, were there anything like him in the real world.

He gave penny money and didn't care when she paid him back, he helped penny when she got hurt without a promise of a favor, I have plenty more examples but I believe I need to list them all.

In what universe are astronauts an example of non-nerdiness?

I thought astronauts are seen as mostly military... smart physically fit hero types...not nerds.

There are threads devoted to the topic.

Canned laughter (Pages: 1 2 )

Kingman

Sorry, I hoped that would post as a link. It's in The Show threads, page 2.

Thank you I will give that a read. :icon_cheesygrin:

I never said Penny hasn't at times displayed lower morals, Leonard has shown time and time again a behavior that suggests he has the least morals. If Sheldon didn't care for anyone he wouldn't have helped out his friends time and time again.

You mean that Leonard on several occasions got drunk and slept with who ever was that handiest? Went out looking for women to bite on their buttocks? You mean Leonard stole from the Good-Will box? Do you mean that Leonard lied to his father about who he was dating? Do you mean that Leonard keeps helping himself to the neighbor's Wi-Fi? Do you mean that Leonard has gotten someone to spy on his ex and let him know what was going on between the ex and their new flame? Leonard did all of those things? I for one am shocked.

Outside of loaning Penny money, just when was it that Sheldon helped someone else, I must have missed it? I do seem to remember allot of "I don't care" and "It's not my problem".

You mean that Leonard on several occasions got drunk and slept with who ever was that handiest? Went out looking for women to bite on their buttocks? You mean Leonard stole from the Good-Will box? Do you mean that Leonard lied to his father about who he was dating? Do you mean that Leonard keeps helping himself to the neighbor's Wi-Fi? Do you mean that Leonard has gotten someone to spy on his ex and let him know what was going on between the ex and their new flame? Leonard did all of those things? I for one am shocked.

Outside of loaning Penny money, just when was it that Sheldon helped someone else, I must have missed it? I do seem to remember allot of "I don't care" and "It's not my problem".

The only time that penny has slept with anyone and drunk is Leonard, the guys before Leonard she dated them and didn't sleep with just any of them. Since when did Penny bite anyone on the butt, oh big deal she lied to her dad about still dating Leonard, oh no penny uses the guys wi fi call the FBI, oh no penny has Bernadette to get info about priya and Leonard how scandilous. I'll give the goodwill but the others are not immoral.

Did penny betray her friend at the artic and wouldn't own up to and when did gave a half ass apology? Did she blow up the elevator? Did she sleep with an old lady for money? Has she gone behind her friends back and stolethe friends' date and date the sister? Nope that's Leonard.

As for Sheldon, how about he gave raj a job, didn't rat out Leonard for blowing up the elevator and what does he get for these riddicule it's like you don't even watch the show.

In what universe are astronauts an example of non-nerdiness?

I thought astronauts are seen as mostly military... smart physically fit hero types...not nerds.

Well, they're science/engineering nerds (they have to be). As for being non-nerdy because he's physically fit.. hmm, I think the last episode proved that about Howard. :D

Do you happen to remember the night that Penny, Amy, and Bernadette went out so that Penny could find a guy, have sex with him, then bite him on the heinie (that means buttocks)? Do you remember Penny getting drunk and going to bed with Raj? The only reason that nothing happened is that he "got there" while she was putting the condom on him. Don't you even watch the show?

As for the Arctic, he did own up to it. He just wasn't apologetic about it. Blowing up the elevator was not a matter of morals but of poor judgement and an accident. At no time did he decide to blow up the elevator. He didn't sleep with the old lady for money, he refused. It was only after she told him how good she was did he decide to give it a shot. Didn't you watch that episode? He didn't steal the friend's date because she never belonged to the friend and the date was over because the friend drove the Mars Rover into a ditch. As for dating a friends sister, how is that immoral? Does Raj own his sister and gets to determine who she can go out with?

When Penny tied up all the washing machines at 8:30 on Tuesday evening, Sheldon degraded to his OCD, and then criminal behavior.

Removing Penny's laundry and tossing it on the street is

1) Battery

2) Petty larceny,

3) malicious destruction of property.

These are immoral actions.

Before a judge in Small Claims Court, his "I was getting even" defense wouldn't hold water.

Being so unfamiliar with the instrumentation he was using at the North Pole so that the results could be spoofed and he not aware of it is not a sign of intelligence.

Do you happen to remember the night that Penny, Amy, and Bernadette went out so that Penny could find a guy, have sex with him, then bite him on the heinie (that means buttocks)? Do you remember Penny getting drunk and going to bed with Raj? The only reason that nothing happened is that he "got there" while she was putting the condom on him. Don't you even watch the show?

As for the Arctic, he did own up to it. He just wasn't apologetic about it. Blowing up the elevator was not a matter of morals but of poor judgement and an accident. At no time did he decide to blow up the elevator. He didn't sleep with the old lady for money, he refused. It was only after she told him how good she was did he decide to give it a shot. Didn't you watch that episode? He didn't steal the friend's date because she never belonged to the friend and the date was over because the friend drove the Mars Rover into a ditch. As for dating a friends sister, how is that immoral? Does Raj own his sister and gets to determine who she can go out with?

he did not own up to the artic raj and Howard told him and the only reason he went to Texas or apologize is because it was affecting his chances with penny, So it's still okay to sleep with the old lady then? If Leonard didn't steal the friends date then why did he apologize to Howard? As for why he was immoral is becauses he lied to Howard and raj and went behind their back.

When Penny tied up all the washing machines at 8:30 on Tuesday evening, Sheldon degraded to his OCD, and then criminal behavior.

1) Battery

2) Petty larceny,

Before a judge in Small Claims Court, his "I was getting even" defense wouldn't hold water.

Being so unfamiliar with the instrumentation he was using at the North Pole so that the results could be spoofed and he not aware of it is not a sign of intelligence.

Pranking someone is not immorial and not sure what the instrument at the north pole has anything to do with anything, like Sheldon wouldn't researched it before they left him not knowing wasn't the problem trusting the guys was.

Good grief! None of these characters are perfect. And none of them are in the running to be the next Darth Vader. They all behave in ways that are sometimes disgraceful. And they all sometimes do some selfless acts that help others. No exceptions and no exclusions.

• Like 1

1) Battery

2) Petty larceny,

Pranking someone is not immorial and not sure what the instrument at the north pole has anything to do with anything, like Sheldon wouldn't researched it before they left him not knowing wasn't the problem trusting the guys was.

he did not own up to the artic raj and Howard told him and the only reason he went to Texas or apologize is because it was affecting his chances with penny, So it's still okay to sleep with the old lady then? If Leonard didn't steal the friends date then why did he apologize to Howard? As for why he was immoral is becauses he lied to Howard and raj and went behind their back.

1) Battery

2) Petty larceny,

1) Battery

2) Petty larceny,

No sidestepping allowed.

Answer.

As for Sheldon, how about he gave raj a job, didn't rat out Leonard for blowing up the elevator and what does he get for these riddicule

How about Sheldon saved Leonard's life? LOL.

Hi! I'm new here.

I'm currently watching season 5 and simultaneously catching up with earlier seasons. I'm up to the eposide at the end of season 3 where Sheldon had saved Leonard's life (disregarding his own safety, I might add).

I can't comment yet on what happened in season 4, but unless Sheldon or Penny did something absolutely horrible and morally reprehensible in that season, I'd say in terms of moral superiority and kindness Sheldon and Penny are on top. Both Sheldon and Penny are very selfish and have no qualms about manipulating people - and yet, they both show time and time again that when it really matters, they will help, they will sacrifice, and they will be kind and loyal despite the personal cost. Now, that's backbone! :icon_cheesygrin:

Leonard is currently on the bottom of the morality list - primarily because of the Arctic prank (his subsequent lack of remorse is unforgivable). Personally I'm getting very annoyed by Leonard's jealousy, inability to be glad for someone else's excellence, and lashing out when feeling theatened (even by a waitress who happened to beat him in chess? LOL!). I still like Leonard, I just wish he stopped acting like such a douche. He was kinder and more likable in the first season.

Raj comes out a bit higher on the moral scale than Howard, IMO, although it's hard for me to pinpoint why.

So far I'm enjoying the show immensely. I just hope I won't be disappointed with season 4, since it looks like so many people hated it...

As for The Werewolf Transformation episode - I loved it! Sheldon's meltdown, bongos (!), Penny/Sheldon interaction (so cute and funny!), and Howard's anguish (priceless!!! :icon_lol:) - it was comedy gold.

As for Sheldon, how about he gave raj a job, didn't rat out Leonard for blowing up the elevator and what does he get for these riddicule

How about Sheldon saved Leonard's life? LOL.

Hi! I'm new here.

I'm currently watching season 5 and simultaneously catching up with earlier seasons. I'm up to the eposide at the end of season 3 where Sheldon had saved Leonard's life (disregarding his own safety, I might add).

I can't comment yet on what happened in season 4, but unless Sheldon or Penny did something absolutely horrible and morally reprehensible in that season, I'd say in terms of moral superiority and kindness Sheldon and Penny are on top. Both Sheldon and Penny are very selfish and have no qualms about manipulating people - and yet, they both show time and time again that when it really matters, they will help, they will sacrifice, and they will be kind and loyal despite the personal cost. Now, that's backbone! :icon_cheesygrin:

Leonard is currently on the bottom of the morality list - primarily because of the Arctic prank (his subsequent lack of remorse is unforgivable). Personally I'm getting very annoyed by Leonard's jealousy, inability to be glad for someone else's excellence, and lashing out when feeling theatened (even by a waitress who happened to beat him in chess? LOL!). I still like Leonard, I just wish he stopped acting like such a douche. He was kinder and more likable in the first season.

Raj comes out a bit higher on the moral scale than Howard, IMO, although it's hard for me to pinpoint why.

So far I'm enjoying the show immensely. I just hope I won't be disappointed with season 4, since it looks like so many people hated it...

As for The Werewolf Transformation episode - I loved it! Sheldon's meltdown, bongos (!), Penny/Sheldon interaction (so cute and funny!), and Howard's anguish (priceless!!! :icon_lol:) - it was comedy gold.

I won't give anything away but Sheldon or Penny have done anything in eason 4 or the series that's unforgiveable like Leonard has, and I agree with your assement of Leonard I liked him and his character up until penny went out with Stuart and he went out and gave bad advice to both of them on purpose, but I agree he is do jealous if someone achieves something but if he achieves something he wants the whole world to acknowledge it which goes back to his childhood and his mother and his siblings and not being good enough, but he's either 30 or close to it, at somepoint he has to get over it and grow up, people have overcome worst things than their mommy not loving them, I'm surprised he hasn't been interested in Amy since she would be a subsitute for his mother dresses similiar and studies the same field and his mother would also accept her, but this is probably how leonard's character most likely will be so we might as well accept his pettyness and jealously.