The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.18 The Werewolf Transformation (Feb. 23)

How do you rate the episode?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate the episode?

I agree with your assement of Leonard I liked him and his character up until penny went out with Stuart and he went out and gave bad advice to both of them on purpose, but I agree he is do jealous if someone achieves something but if he achieves something he wants the whole world to acknowledge it which goes back to his childhood and his mother and his siblings and not being good enough...

I'm surprised he hasn't been interested in Amy...

Yes, I was also very disappointed when Leonard gave bad advice to his friends, it was so petty... At least he felt remorse and tried to correct his subversive tactics, LOL!

I haven't thought about Leonard and Amy... Hmmm. Intellectually and emotionally it may be a very good match - Amy is super loyal and focuses on the person she likes with abandon, while Leonard certainly needs someone like that because of his unresolved mommy issues. At the same time, Leonard is much more evolved socially (Amy is really just a female version of Sheldon), so Leonard would be able to guide Amy and help her grow her social skills.

Yes, they could be a very good match - similar intellect, similar interests outside and inside the bedroom, LOL, plus they would complete each other emotionally...

Unfortunately, I think for Leonard the lack of hottness is a deal breaker. He wants a pretty cheerleader, not a president of the science club. Too bad... But to quote Penny, "the heart wants what the heart wants". :icon_frown:

this is probably how leonard's character most likely will be so we might as well accept his pettyness and jealously.

I would like to see character development for Leonard. Actually, for all of them.

Each character on the show has a fatal flaw - it would be amazing to see them overcome it. Leonard could let go of petty jealousy and feelings of inadequacy/abandoment, Sheldon and Amy could develop their emotial intelligence and get better socially integrated, Penny could learn to close her knees, develop her natural brain and get her kicks above the waistline, Raj could learn to talk to women, etc...

Hopefully, the show will be renewed for enough seasons for us to watch all characters grow and transform into improved 2.0 versions of themselves.

I agree with your assement of Leonard I liked him and his character up until penny went out with Stuart and he went out and gave bad advice to both of them on purpose, but I agree he is do jealous if someone achieves something but if he achieves something he wants the whole world to acknowledge it which goes back to his childhood and his mother and his siblings and not being good enough...

I'm surprised he hasn't been interested in Amy...

Yes, I was also very disappointed when Leonard gave bad advice to his friends, it was so petty... At least he felt remorse and tried to correct his subversive tactics, LOL!

I haven't thought about Leonard and Amy... Hmmm. Intellectually and emotionally it may be a very good match - Amy is super loyal and focuses on the person she likes with abandon, while Leonard certainly needs someone like that because of his unresolved mommy issues. At the same time, Leonard is much more evolved socially (Amy is really just a female version of Sheldon), so Leonard would be able to guide Amy and help her grow her social skills.

Yes, they could be a very good match - similar intellect, similar interests outside and inside the bedroom, LOL, plus they would complete each other emotionally...

Unfortunately, I think for Leonard the lack of hottness is a deal breaker. He wants a pretty cheerleader, not a president of the science club. Too bad... But to quote Penny, "the heart wants what the heart wants". :icon_frown:

this is probably how leonard's character most likely will be so we might as well accept his pettyness and jealously.

I would like to see character development for Leonard. Actually, for all of them.

Each character on the show has a fatal flaw - it would be amazing to see them overcome it. Leonard could let go of petty jealousy and feelings of inadequacy/abandoment, Sheldon and Amy could develop their emotial intelligence and get better socially integrated, Penny could learn to close her knees, develop her natural brain and get her kicks above the waistline, Raj could learn to talk to women, etc...

Hopefully, the show will be renewed for enough seasons for us to watch all characters grow and transform into improved 2.0 versions of themselves.

Yeah but what's Leonard realized how the date went he was happy, Penny has changed the last couple seasons you don't see her going out and dating random guys anymore. Yeah Amy might not be pretty enough but he also wants to feel loved as well, and for Sheldon and Amy they've came along way with their lack of social skills.

Penny has changed the last couple seasons you don't see her going out and dating random guys anymore. Yeah Amy might not be pretty enough but he also wants to feel loved as well, and for Sheldon and Amy they've came along way with their lack of social skills.

I agree, both Sheldon and Penny grew and developed quite a bit, while Leonard devolved... Well, the show is far from over. Hopefully, all of them will have a chance to keep growing.

Leonard is not going to go out with Amy. Leslie is not coming back. Dr. Stephanie is not coming back. Priya is hopefully not coming back. Joyce Kim is not coming back. He blew his chance with Alice.

Like it or not it is Leonard and Penny. This is the central male / female relationship on this show. No amount of hoping, whining, or wishing otherwise will change that. Howard and Bernadette may not last. Sheldon and Amy may not last. Raj and ??? may not last. But Leonard and Penny is going to be a constant. As certain as Sheldon's eidetic memory.

Leonard is not going to go out with Amy. Leslie is not coming back. Dr. Stephanie is not coming back. Priya is hopefully not coming back. Joyce Kim is not coming back. He blew his chance with Alice.

Like it or not it is Leonard and Penny. This is the central male / female relationship on this show. No amount of hoping, whining, or wishing otherwise will change that. Howard and Bernadette may not last. Sheldon and Amy may not last. Raj and ??? may not last. But Leonard and Penny is going to be a constant. As certain as Sheldon's eidetic memory.

I'll answer in order you don't know that.Agree.Agree.Probably not but maybe. Of course not. Yes.

You don't know that, there might always be the possibility of the two but you can't make predictions since you or the writers no what will happen or is going to happen so you and anyone can't sit here and so this character and that charcter will together forever it might happen and it might not.

I didn't say Leonard and Amy will be together or would just a generalization of how alike she is to his mother since he has so many unresolved issues about her.

it is Leonard and Penny. This is the central male / female relationship on this show.

Is it? I didn't notice. Granted, I'm currently only on season 3 (and some season 5), but so far I haven't seen anything that would have me convinced Leonard and Penny are da bomb. For now it's just "a" relationship (one of many on the show), and not the most interesting one. Hmmm. Maybe their dynamic changes in season 4?

I'll have to wait until I catch up with all episodes and watch season 4 before I can say for sure. For now, I do not see an overwhelming reason to believe Leonard and Penny should end up together.

it is Leonard and Penny. This is the central male / female relationship on this show.

Is it? I didn't notice. Granted, I'm currently only on season 3 (and some season 5), but so far I haven't seen anything that would have me convinced Leonard and Penny are da bomb. For now it's just "a" relationship (one of many on the show), and not the most interesting one. Hmmm. Maybe their dynamic changes in season 4?

I'll have to wait until I catch up with all episodes and watch season 4 before I can say for sure. For now, I do not see an overwhelming reason to believe Leonard and Penny should end up together.

I wouldn't spoil it foe you but nothing special happens to change your opinon I agree they're not any special couple, they're not the best couple of all time nore the worst they're a little boring but they are just like any couple on tv, the only reason I feel people want to make them more than what they are is because he's a nerd and she's hot but they aren't the first couple to have that nore will it be the last.

This relationship has existed in some form or another since the opening minutes of episode one. Are they da bomb? Not even close. Is it the most interesting relationship? Most of the time it is not. But it is the central male - female relationship. It is the one that ebbs and flows but keeps coming back. Should they end up together? Probably not. Penny and Leonard should not even be friends. But, the idea that the nerdy physicist and the blonde hottie could somehow connect is a fundamental plotline.

Will they end up together? I don't know. I have no idea. But there is no reason to believe they won't simply becuase some folks on this forum think Penny is too good for Leonard.

Leonard is currently on the bottom of the morality list - primarily because of the Arctic prank (his subsequent lack of remorse is unforgivable).

That was no "prank", guys.

The data was fudged as a life-saving activity.

It was done by the boys so they wouldn't kill Sheldon.

"locked outside to freeze to death"

"pulled apart by sled dog teams"..

It also kept the boys out of jail for murder.

"lack of remorse" for saving 4 lives?

YGBSM!

This relationship has existed in some form or another since the opening minutes of episode one. Are they da bomb? Not even close. Is it the most interesting relationship? Most of the time it is not. But it is the central male - female relationship. It is the one that ebbs and flows but keeps coming back. Should they end up together? Probably not. Penny and Leonard should not even be friends. But, the idea that the nerdy physicist and the blonde hottie could somehow connect is a fundamental plotline.

Will they end up together? I don't know. I have no idea. But there is no reason to believe they won't simply becuase some folks on this forum think Penny is too good for Leonard.

Given the current penny and the current Leonard she is too good for him sepecially the way leonard's character has changed.

Leonard is currently on the bottom of the morality list - primarily because of the Arctic prank (his subsequent lack of remorse is unforgivable).

YGBSM!

So now you're defending Leonard and his behavior what he did was unacceptable, they didn't have to come he didn't make them and instead of calling Sheldon on his behavior they went behind his back and didn't even tell him untill they got home and he already sent out the email and the guys weren't even punished on a professional level.

They couldn't just leave? Were they maybe trapped? Imprisoned? Handcuffed? I mean, if it were so horrible for them, to suffer Sheldon, why not just leave?

Oh, but going to Arctic was a great career advancing opportunity, so of course they didn't want to hurt their own careers by turning tail and running off... Instead they decided to screw with the life and career of their friend. How nice.

I don't know, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and maybe others see this differently. In my eyes, what the boys did was unforgivable. It was a mean and cruel overeaction.

Sabotaging an experiment, destroying a scientist's credibility, especially undermining someone like Sheldon whose life IS science - OMG, I would hate them even if they did this to Kripke! But they did this unspeakable thing to Sheldon - the guy who saved their lives and who offered them this amazing opportunity to go to Arctic because they were his friends. And their thanks was what? Destroy his career and humiliate him in the worst possible manner? Despicable. At least Raj and Howard have shown remorse.

/here endeth the rant. Sorry, but academic integrity is very dear to my heart. If I were Sheldon, I would have destroyed them in response to such treachery. With some untrackable poison, for example. :icon_twisted::icon_lol:

They couldn't just leave? Were they maybe trapped? Imprisoned? Handcuffed? I mean, if it were so horrible for them, to suffer Sheldon, why not just leave?

Oh, but going to Arctic was a great career advancing opportunity, so of course they didn't want to hurt their own careers by turning tail and running off... Instead they decided to screw with the life and career of their friend. How nice.

I don't know, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and maybe others see this differently. In my eyes, what the boys did was unforgivable. It was a mean and cruel overeaction.

Sabotaging an experiment, destroying a scientist's credibility, especially undermining someone like Sheldon whose life IS science - OMG, I would hate them even if they did this to Kripke! But they did this unspeakable thing to Sheldon - the guy who saved their lives and who offered them this amazing opportunity to go to Arctic because they were his friends. And their thanks was what? Destroy his career and humiliate him in the worst possible manner? Despicable. At least Raj and Howard have shown remorse.

/here endeth the rant. Sorry, but academic integrity is very dear to my heart. If I were Sheldon, I would have destroyed them in response to such treachery. With some untrackable poison, for example. :icon_twisted::icon_lol:

What I don't get is there was no reason for it from a plot standpoint after they went and got back Sheldon it was basically swept under and never talked about and I would think like a university like cal tech there would be some punishment for the three, but it seems like there wasn't.

This relationship has existed in some form or another since the opening minutes of episode one. Are they da bomb? Not even close. Is it the most interesting relationship? Most of the time it is not. But it is the central male - female relationship. It is the one that ebbs and flows but keeps coming back.

Well, I can think of several other male-female relationships (not necessarily romantic) that ebb and flow and keep coming back... and that are not any less emotionally significant than Leonard and Penny:

1) Howard and his mother

2) Howard and Bernadette in season 5

3) Leonard and his mother

4) Sheldon and Leonard's mother

5) Sheldon and Penny

6) Sheldon and Amy in season 5

:icon_wink:

I haven't seen yet Leonard and Pria (sp?), so I don't know whether their relationship was significant or interesting. I also would like to see more of Leslie, wouldn't it be a hoot if she fell for Raj? :icon_twisted:

On many levels I agree with you.

Could they leave? Not necessarily. They may or may not have had transport away from the science station.

Was it a cruel overreaction? From what we have learned of Sheldon's personality it can be argued they had no other choice. But, they knew who he was, and what they were getting into.

From Sheldon's point of view I agree this would be unforgiveable. They did serious damage to his credibility as a scientist. But, then again, he was already considered a nut by his peers. Brilliant, but crazy.

And he didn't particularly offer them the opportunity because they were his friends. He asked them because he knew them, found them tolerable, and the thought of interviewing other people made his stomach ache.

Good rant!

after they went and got back Sheldon it was basically swept under and never talked about and I would think like a university like cal tech there would be some punishment for the three, but it seems like there wasn't.

Does Cal Tech even know who was responsible? I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon didn't rat them out, once again saving their ungrateful necks. They would be fired if he did.

I think this plotline feels emotionally unresolved because Leonard never expressed any remorse about it. To forgive is divine, but first the perpetrators need to apologize. It seemed that Sheldon was hurt most of all by Leonard's (his best friend) betrayal specifically, and that was never resolved. The writers really dropped the ball with this one.

YGBSM!

So now you're defending Leonard and his behavior what he did was unacceptable, they didn't have to come he didn't make them and instead of calling Sheldon on his behavior they went behind his back and didn't even tell him untill they got home and he already sent out the email and the guys weren't even punished on a professional level.

You really oughta take off the rose-tinged glasses and see the object of your affection is totally dysfunctional in every manner there is.

He's a bully.

Completely isolated (by choice) from normal human behavior.

Everyone in the sit-com has termed him a "nut case", which he is.

His "classic pranks" are almost lethal.

I expect the writers on the program are appalled by the her0-worship/love.

Could they leave? Not necessarily. They may or may not have had transport away from the science station.

Was it a cruel overreaction? From what we have learned of Sheldon's personality it can be argued they had no other choice. But, they knew who he was, and what they were getting into.

From Sheldon's point of view I agree this would be unforgiveable. They did serious damage to his credibility as a scientist. But, then again, he was already considered a nut by his peers. Brilliant, but crazy.

And he didn't particularly offer them the opportunity because they were his friends. He asked them because he knew them, found them tolerable, and the thought of interviewing other people made his stomach ache.

Good rant!

Howard had been preparing the crossbow to shoot Sheldon with, -before- they left. :)

You really oughta take off the rose-tinged glasses and see the object of your affection is totally dysfunctional in every manner there is.

Aren't they ALL dysfunctional? Isn't that why we love them so much, LOL? :icon_lol:

Why I love Sheldon:

As Penny put it, because he's so full of love, and he's like Wall-e. A robot, clueless (OMG!), childlike, with brilliant mind and zero social awareness. And yet below the childish egotism there's underlying kindness and decency.

(Also, I knew a guy like Sheldon once, who gradulated with two PhDs in mathematics at age 18, he had a brilliant scientific mind and the social naivete of a five year old. His story ended very sad, and I would like a better end for Sheldon. Brilliant people like that can be easily destroyed by the world.)

Why I love Leonard:

Because even though he's completely screwed up by his upbringing and jealousy, he's still trying and striving for that shiny ideal, even when he thinks he has no chance. Give a guy points for being persistent. Also, sometimes he's very kind, when he's not acting like a douchbag. :icon_lol:

Why I love Penny:

Because even though she's an uneducated slutty bubble-head with a drinking problem, she has the biggest heart and is the de facto emotional genius of the group. She's extremely kind and decent, and very patient with our nerds (including poor Amy, LOL). And it turns out Penny actually has raw intelligence, she just never had an opportunity to develop her brain.

Aren't they ALL dysfunctional? Isn't that why we love them so much, LOL? :icon_lol:

Why I love Sheldon:

As Penny put it, because he's so full of love, and he's like Wall-e. A robot, clueless (OMG!), childlike, with brilliant mind and zero social awareness. And yet below the childish egotism there's underlying kindness and decency.

(Also, I knew a guy like Sheldon once, who gradulated with two PhDs in mathematics at age 18, he had a brilliant scientific mind and the social naivete of a five year old. His story ended very sad, and I would like a better end for Sheldon. Brilliant people like that can be easily destroyed by the world.)

Why I love Leonard:

Because even though he's completely screwed up by his upbringing and jealousy, he's still trying and striving for that shiny ideal, even when he thinks he has no chance. Give a guy points for being persistent. Also, sometimes he's very kind, when he's not acting like a douchbag. :icon_lol:

Why I love Penny:

Because even though she's an uneducated slutty bubble-head with a drinking problem, she has the biggest heart and is the de facto emotional genius of the group. She's extremely kind and decent, and very patient with our nerds (including poor Amy, LOL). And it turns out Penny actually has raw intelligence, she just never had an opportunity to develop her brain.

Of course they're -all- dysfunctional! That's the bread and butter of all sitcoms.

What is funny-peculiar about these characters is the fervor with which their individual dysfunctions are glossed over and even admired by their fans.

And the way the partisans for one character will dis the problems of the characters they dislike while failing to admit their paragon is just any goofy character.

Other than Sheldon, most of them are run-of-the-mill abnormal...folks we all know.

Shelly takes dysfunction to new ..... levels.... The writers probably mine the DSM for strange things to have him do each week to see what the fan-boys will say in response here.

As I mentioned, Sheldon is frequently capable of actual criminal acts, such as the petty disruption with Penny's washing, but felony level acts when he "got even" with Kripke.

The generating episode was hilarious, with Shelly dressed to the nines for a -telephone- interview for a -radio show-... and he's all duded up for a formal occasion... LOL!

His reaction went into Assault and Battery with the colloidal slime, damaging university equipment, and possibly doing physical harm to the folks the slime landed on.

This was a criminal act, nothing "moral" or even ethical.

And who noticed? :(

Not the fan-boys here.

That there was no censure or worse as a result is just another quirk of the sit-com environment, despite those wondering why the university didn't can his ass.

It's a sit-com, reality need not intrude.

Good rant!

For one you always have the choice to do the right thing and how the think he would all of a sudden act different in a different environment.

He didn't force them to come yes he asked them because they're his friends but didn't force them to come.

after they went and got back Sheldon it was basically swept under and never talked about and I would think like a university like cal tech there would be some punishment for the three, but it seems like there wasn't.

Does Cal Tech even know who was responsible? I wouldn't be surprised if Sheldon didn't rat them out, once again saving their ungrateful necks. They would be fired if he did.

I think this plotline feels emotionally unresolved because Leonard never expressed any remorse about it. To forgive is divine, but first the perpetrators need to apologize. It seemed that Sheldon was hurt most of all by Leonard's (his best friend) betrayal specifically, and that was never resolved. The writers really dropped the ball with this one.

There really was no reason or explanation of why they did it outside of Sheldon was being difficult like that's a reason to stab your friend in the back.

YGBSM!

He's a bully.

Good rant!

Howard had been preparing the crossbow to shoot Sheldon with, -before- they left. :)

I don't have any type of glasses on.

If he is a bully it's because as Leonard put it knuckle under.

Of course his human behavior is like this grow up with a mind like his a town like he did and then once he started college at 11 not be around people his age for years so of course he shielded himself.

I'm not sure how any of his pranks are lethal no one almost died.

Why I love Sheldon:

Why I love Leonard:

Why I love Penny:

Can I ask what happened with the guy you knew who was like Sheldon and what happened?

YGBSM!

He's a bully.

Good rant!

I bet the writers love the way Sheldon is viewed.

Why I love Sheldon:

Why I love Leonard:

Why I love Penny:

Of course they're -all- dysfunctional! That's the bread and butter of all sitcoms.

What is funny-peculiar about these characters is the fervor with which their individual dysfunctions are glossed over and even admired by their fans.

And the way the partisans for one character will dis the problems of the characters they dislike while failing to admit their paragon is just any goofy character.

Other than Sheldon, most of them are run-of-the-mill abnormal...folks we all know.

Shelly takes dysfunction to new ..... levels.... The writers probably mine the DSM for strange things to have him do each week to see what the fan-boys will say in response here.

As I mentioned, Sheldon is frequently capable of actual criminal acts, such as the petty disruption with Penny's washing, but felony level acts when he "got even" with Kripke.

The generating episode was hilarious, with Shelly dressed to the nines for a -telephone- interview for a -radio show-... and he's all duded up for a formal occasion... LOL!

His reaction went into Assault and Battery with the colloidal slime, damaging university equipment, and possibly doing physical harm to the folks the slime landed on.

This was a criminal act, nothing "moral" or even ethical.

And who noticed? :(

Not the fan-boys here.

That there was no censure or worse as a result is just another quirk of the sit-com environment, despite those wondering why the university didn't can his ass.

It's a sit-com, reality need not intrude.

Well it's not like Sheldon pranked kripke first and if anyone got canned it would've been kripke, Sheldon, Leonard and Raj.

Just a thought if you joke that a guy like Sheldon is one lab accident from a super villian, why would you not only mess with his work but do what they did in the artic and turned him into one?

Why I love Sheldon:

Can I ask what happened with the guy you knew who was like Sheldon and what happened?

It was very sad, what happened.

He was a bona fide genius, a child prodigy. Very kind and innocent, really like a child, too trusting, easily excited and totally unaware of possible dangers of the real world or the possible meanness of people. I used to say to my mom, trying to explain to her the way he was, that his social/emotional mind was not even at the 10 year old level, more like at the five years old... because even the 10 year olds had more sense. Manipulating him was like taking a candy from a baby. He was so clueless and so eager to be friends... *sigh*

He even looked like Sheldon - very tall, lanky, with a dorky haircut - but not at all handsome, just thin and dorky.

Unlike Sheldon, he craved human interaction and he readily fell for girls, *grin*, but he was like a lovable clueless baby puppy, not really dating material. You wouldn't date a child, would you?

Anyway, he won a very prestigious grant and joined a new university for his research, brilliant prospects. He left his home city, his mom, and his friends such as they were, behind. He was without his usual support network of people who cared and completely alone in that new place.

He was so excited! He loved it, and he was so happy about his research and this wonderful new opportunity. And then two months later he was dead. Somehow he decided it was a good idea to go mountain climbing, alone (supposedly). He had no experience. He fell. He died.

To this day I wonder, if someone at that new university was responsible, if someone took him climbing or at least got him excited about trying it out, if maybe they were jealous, if perhaps that accident was not quite so accidental. You woudn't take a small clueless child (who never saw a mountain in his life) mountain climbing, would you? Someone put that idea into his head. I bet they did. "Accident", my ass.

Why I love Sheldon:

It was very sad, what happened.

He was a bona fide genius, a child prodigy. Very kind and innocent, really like a child, too trusting, easily excited and totally unaware of possible dangers of the real world or the possible meanness of people. I used to say to my mom, trying to explain to her the way he was, that his social/emotional mind was not even at the 10 year old level, more like at the five years old... because even the 10 year olds had more sense. Manipulating him was like taking a candy from a baby. He was so clueless and so eager to be friends... *sigh*

He even looked like Sheldon - very tall, lanky, with a dorky haircut - but not at all handsome, just thin and dorky.

Unlike Sheldon, he craved human interaction and he readily fell for girls, *grin*, but he was like a lovable clueless baby puppy, not really dating material. You wouldn't date a child, would you?

Anyway, he won a very prestigious grant and joined a new university for his research, brilliant prospects. He left his home city, his mom, and his friends such as they were, behind. He was without his usual support network of people who cared and completely alone in that new place.

He was so excited! He loved it, and he was so happy about his research and this wonderful new opportunity. And then two months later he was dead. Somehow he decided it was a good idea to go mountain climbing, alone (supposedly). He had no experience. He fell. He died.

To this day I wonder, if someone at that new university was responsible, if someone took him climbing or at least got him excited about trying it out, if maybe they were jealous, if perhaps that accident was not quite so accidental. You woudn't take a small clueless child (who never saw a mountain in his life) mountain climbing, would you? Someone put that idea into his head. I bet they did. "Accident", my ass.

That's so sad, so you don't think he went alone or if he did he wouldn't know the first thing about climbing?

That's so sad, so you don't think he went alone or if he did he wouldn't know the first thing about climbing?

He didn't know anything about climbing.

He was a bookworm scientist who led a very sheltered life, all he knew were books since very early childhood, and he wasn't into sports or any real life activities at all.

Given the person he was, it's highly unlikely he would have come up with that idea - go mountain climbing to take pictures - by himself.

However, if someone told him, "oh, you never saw mountains... we have beautiful mountains, it's great, and you should do it, it's no big deal, try it" - he would have. He wasn't dumb, but he was extremely naive.

Someone put that insanely dangerous idea into his head. :icon_frown:

It's the same as if someone suggested to a child to jump from the Brooklyn bridge with a pair of plastic wings to "try flying". A child would do it. Whoever suggested it would be guilty of causing the fatal accident.

He was a bookworm scientist who led a very sheltered life, all he knew were books since very early childhood, and he wasn't into sports or any real life activities at all.

Given the person he was, it's highly unlikely he would have come up with that idea - go mountain climbing to take pictures - by himself.

However, if someone told him, "oh, you never saw mountains... we have beautiful mountains, it's great, and you should do it, it's no big deal, try it" - he would have. He wasn't dumb, but he was extremely naive.

It's the same as if someone suggested to a child to jump from the Brooklyn bridge with a pair of plastic wings to "try flying". A child would do it. Whoever suggested it would be guilty of causing the fatal accident.

So sad. I am sorry for your loss, BigBang.

Thank you. I appreciate it.

This is why I have a soft spot for Sheldon. Guys like him are clueless about the real world, and can be so easily hurt.

This is why on the show Penny is so protective of her "brilliant mind" friends. Remember how she stood up for them when a new neighbor started to take advantage, or when she protected Raj from his scheming gold-digger girlfriend? Like Penny said, these guys are special, and have no shields. It's true.

... goodness, what a long jobber-do---

Just a thought if you joke that a guy like Sheldon is one lab accident from a super villian, why would you not only mess with his work but do what they did in the artic and turned him into one?

It's villain, and arctic.

Leonard cautioned Penny out of concern for everyone.

And yes, the writers have to be rolling in the dough that the advertisers throw at them because of the number of viewers that worship Sheldon, and those that want to see what absurdity he's going to do to himself this week.

It's not that different from Leonard's experience at the shooting range...

"I play Grand Theft Auto, and know about guns"... followed by the AD.

With Sheldon having that eidetic memory and reading all those books, he'd have to be totally confused with just about everything.

Having no common sense at all, and no social experiences, reading politics, economics, religion... all of which have 1000s of viewpoints all rigorously defended in print, how can an naive person such as he finger out the reality from the wishful thinking?