The football's place

Galdosiano

I have created this thread for sharing all about world of football or soccer, for americans.

Certainly, I must apoligize for my dreadful English but I am learning it. I don't know if the name of subject is right, however I want to point out the place where everybody can speak about this great sport.

Currently I am following Premier League and Spanish Football's League, indeed I am supporter of Atlético de Madrid.

What do you think about these leagues or others?

A fellow fan here! My wife and I watch football games most days. Aside from the Premiere league and various leagues in Europe I have been enjoying the Africa cup of nations too!

I don't support one team (although I enjoy currently the styles Tottenham, Barcelona and Man City are playing) - I could only support a team if all the players were born and bred in the area they were from, rather than a group of men bought in and out for £££. I am an England supporter, despite all their disappointments I will always back them.

We have tickets to see them play Holland later this month and how the game will be, will be anybodies guess given the managerial crisis!

Matt

It would be nice to see a team fielding a team purely of players from that area or surrounding borough if smaller teams, but Money is the main objective for most players and these teams who have vast amount of money want the best players going.

I support Bolton Wanderers as I am from Bolton and since Owen Coyle has been in charge I can safely say he is trying to get our youngsters into the team, not all are from Bolton but have been in our academy set up for years.

The FA have stated from 2014 (I think don't quote me) that in the starting 11 4 players have to be from the UK and I think 2 are from the teams area.

I too like watching other leagues such like La Liga, Eriedivision and have a soft spot for both Ajax and Deportivo La Coruna, but i mainly like to watch games from the Championship/league 2 as I think some great football is played there too.

The idea romantic has ended. Money has helped up to clubs like Chelsea, Manchester City or P.S.G. on the ultimate times. Nevertheless, I still think that some players have "sense of belonging", for example: Totti or some Barcelona's players.

Of all the teams in England, I like Arsenal because he has similar characteristics to Atlético de Madrid: a historic club of the capital that he has lost prestigious lately.

By the way, this year is worse Champions League that another years; Europe League have more cachet this year: Manchester United and City, Valencia, Lazio, Ajax and Atlético, of course.

My partner is a Burnley Fan, and Man Utd too. Burnley were one of the 12 teams that founded the original English Football League I believe.

That is correct, along with Burnley, Bolton was one of the founding members of the football league.

Notts County is the oldest football team

Champions League is back today with the matchs of FC Barcelona against CSKA Moscow and, tomorrow, AC Milan against Arsenal.

Thursday, Lazio will play with Atlético de Madrid in Europe League. Also, Tévez went back to training of Manchester City today.

well being from scunthorpe i dont follow my local team lol but your all right about money taking over the game i guess by now you will have heard about Glasgow Rangers going into administration with tax debts of 75 million pounds most premier league clubs and championship clubs have massive debts so there but the grace of god go every club and not just in the uk

It does make you think how some teams can managed when they are in so much debt, and it was a shock to hear that Rangers had applied for Administration, as they always have Champions League football year in year out.

I think teams like City and Chelsea will suffer very badly when there rich owners leave..

This awesome to connect with football fans who are also Big Bang fans!!

I have £10 on Tottenham winning the Barclays premiere league - and I would love to see Redknapp become the England manager.

In the Euro I am rooting for Spain and Holland (as I am expecting England to as usual make a quick exit!!)

Matt

I like to follow Juve in Serie A, and it's good to see they are back amongst the top where they belong. When it comes to Internationals, I will always support England but follow Spain and Holland. I have always been attracted to Spain the country but have never been, but love the way they play. As I have previously stated I support Bolton, but do follow other teams (as keep an eye on them) and it order it would be Accrington Stanley, Deportivo La Coruna, and Juve.

Curiously, Juventus isn't the team of city in Turin, on the contrary the team of Turin is Torino, it is known by a plane crash. I think that similar something happens with Manchester City and United.

On the other hand, Atlético de Madrid has eliminated to Lazio in Europa League, and he will play against F.C. Barcelona on Sunday.