If Jim Parsons left the show.....

smeghead

...would there be any reason to watch it anymore?

For me , definitely not. He is certainly one of the best TV characters ever created, if not THE best. Homer Simpson comes close. Niles Crane also. Dick Solomon. Cant think of any others right now in the same league.

Without Sheldon I dont think there would be anything to make it stand out from the usual stuff.

(Did I mention I'm Jim's agent?):icon_cheesygrin::icon_cheesygrin:

For me , definitely not. He is certainly one of the best TV characters ever created, if not THE best. Homer Simpson comes close. Niles Crane also. Dick Solomon. Cant think of any others right now in the same league.

Without Sheldon I dont think there would be anything to make it stand out from the usual stuff.

No, I wouldn't be interested in watching if there were no Sheldon. The others can carry a scene well enough and are very funny, but Sheldon makes the show special.

Congratulations on the success of your client. I hope he takes good care of his agent....

Congratulations on the success of your client. I hope he takes good care of his agent....

**PRESSES "THANKS" BUTTON"**

If he left there would be no reason to have it on air or to watch.

If he was recast, no one but Jim can play Sheldon, if they introduced a new chareacter like in two and half men it would feel something is different and if neither it would feel someone is missing.

Exactly my feeling. Not that there aren't other things about the show that are entertaining, but without Sheldon it would just be another run of the mill sitcom.

Sheldon makes the show special.

I like the miles crane comparison it's a very favorable comparison,

BTW I don't believe for a second you're his agent like jim's agent has nothing better to do than start a thread on here.

I think smeghead was just making a joke. Jim's agent is a woman I believe, but I could be wrong.

I don't know if you're old enough but when Don Knotts let the Andy Griffith Show it went down hill in my opinion and I don't watch the episodes after he left.

Kwipke could move in with Leonard. In all seriousness I would think if Jim decided to not re - sign after season 7 the show may go on for another season without him, but that would be all. His character is like the flame and the others are all the moths that fly around Sheldon, he is central to the show.

Kwipke could move in with Leonard. In all seriousness I would think if Jim decided to not re - sign after season 7 the show may go on for another season without him, but that would be all. His character is like the flame and the others are all the moths that fly around Sheldon, he is central to the show.

Ugh that would be a horrible idea kripke as a regular that's what the show needs Elmer rudd wannabe every episode, ugh.

Of course Smeg is joking! No one in the right mind (or legally) would be able to tell the general public that he or she is contracted to a major actor, celebrity or athlete without breaching a contract. No question the show would be off the air the VERY second it ever were to be announced that Jim left the show. BTW it will not happen. *shakes head*

I don't know if you're old enough but when Don Knotts let the Andy Griffith Show it went down hill in my opinion and I don't watch the episodes after he left.

That show was even more popular (higher ranked) without Don AND number 1 when it left the air. Lookin back, hard to believe. It sucked without Don... in fact it pretty much sucked with Don, except for the 1st season.

Put me down as one of only 2 (I think) who would watch the show without Sheldon. Afterall I'm watching now & SEASON 5 SHELDON IS NOT THE SAME SHELDON OF SEASONS 1-4.

Jim parsons is the only one that's irreplaceable who keeps the show going if one of the other cast members left they could be recasted or the show would go on but if Jim left there's no reason to keep it on.