Ages of the Characters

I am new to the show, having just recently discovered it, although I absolutely love it. I was trying to figure out how old the characters are. Here is what I have been able to determine - and please feel free to correct me, as I said I'm new and still trying to catch up on all episodes:

1. In the Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization, Leonard said he got his PhD at 24. Assuming his job at CalTech was his first after getting it, he would have been 24 when he moved in with Sheldon in the Staircase Implementation. They were apparently living together for 7 years at that point (season 3), which meant he was 31 then and 33 now. Does that make sense?

2. How old is Sheldon? I can't think of when his present age was mentioned, just that he was 16 when he got his PhD. Has he been working at CalTech all that time, or did he work somewhere else first? When Leonard moved in, he'd been living in the apartment for some time apparently with at least one previous roommate.

3. Penny was 22 in the Barbarian Sublimation which was season 2. Considering that she lived with Kurt for 4 years and had spent 1 year in apartment 4B, she must have been 17 when she moved in with him. That should make her 25 now.

4. Howard is apparently 30 right now, since Leonard told him in The Recombination Hypothesis "you're 30 years old and you live with your mother!".

5. Raj? I have no idea.

6. Amy and Bernadette? Any ideas?

I mostly care about Sheldon, Leonard and Penny. Anyone with mre knowledge than me that cares to help me figure it out, have at it!

Thanks!

I do think they all are playing younger characters than the actors portraying them, although I could be wrong.

Oh, I know that is true! Jim will be 39 in March and no way that Sheldon is that old. Johnny is 2 years younger than him, so that's still older.

I'm really interested in the characters' ages.

If you go to the wiki section and /search each character by name, it will detail there ages at different stages of the series.

1985: Penny is born, between November 23 and December 22, on a farm near Omaha, Nebraska.

(she told Sheldon she was 22 years old at the beginning of season 2, which was September 2008; she told the boys she was a Sagittarius in the pilot episode; her birthday must be closer to the end of December than the end of November because she's still 22 years old during the first part of the Christmas episode in 2008)

Leonard: no dob has been established yet, but he is born circa 1980

Raj: October 6th, 1981

Howard: he was 26 in March 2008 (series timeline) no dob established

Sheldon: he was 29 in 2009 (series timeline) no dob established

The wiki is your friend :)

If you go to the wiki section and /search each character by name, it will detail there ages at different stages of the series.

1985: Penny is born, between November 23 and December 22, on a farm near Omaha, Nebraska.

(she told Sheldon she was 22 years old at the beginning of season 2, which was September 2008; she told the boys she was a Sagittarius in the pilot episode; her birthday must be closer to the end of December than the end of November because she's still 22 years old during the first part of the Christmas episode in 2008)

Leonard: no dob has been established yet, but he is born circa 1980

Raj: October 6th, 1981

Howard: he was 26 in March 2008 (series timeline) no dob established

Sheldon: he was 29 in 2009 (series timeline) no dob established

The wiki is your friend :)

Thank you so much! I never thought of checking Wiki! That corresponds with what I was thinking, so hopefully the writers are keeping close to that.

Okay, checked the Wiki - thanks for the advice! I found at least one thing that I question: They said Leonard was born in 1980 (not proved), earned his PhD at 24 (verified) and started living with Sheldon in 2003(agreed) which was when he started working at CalTech. But if he earned his Phd at 24, that would have been 2004. Did he not yet have it when he started at CalTech? I'm more inclined to believe that he was born in 1979, therefore he could earn it in 2003 and immediately start at CalTech. I just can't Sheldon allowing someone without a doctorate to live with him.

What do you guys think?