Penny aaaargh!!!

can anyone else see how incredibly rude and childish penny is? she constantly slams doors on peoples faces and doesn't give a dam about peoples feelings plus if she doesn't get her own way she basically throws a paddy. ive had to turn episodes off because of how annoyingly rude she is.

When I first joined this site one of the 'older' members pointed out that occasionally you will get a post like this. Someone will sign up for the sole purpose of making just one post, usually something disparaging and unsubstantiated. Most of us here know the show inside out, and I can't think of anything to back it up. He suggested they are best ignored, and I wish I remembered which member it was because it was sound advise. Whoever you were Sir, I pass this on.

Sorry, I can think of numerous occasions from the early seasons where Penny slams the door (literally and figuratively) when the nerdiness gets outside her comfort zone. Whether that's rude of her is a matter of opinion. If the O.P. watched a few episodes from this season, and then got the early season videos, he might get that impression.

I love Penny and don't find her rude at all (just human), but I do wish the writers would address her obvious alcohol abuse. I would think Sheldon, of all people, would say something to her. As someone who watched a close relative die last year from liver and kidney failure at age 49, it also really bothered me when she deliberately spiked Sheldon's drink, knowing how he felt about alcohol. It's not a joke. [/high horse]

I love Penny and don't find her rude at all (just human), but I do wish the writers would address her obvious alcohol abuse. I would think Sheldon, of all people, would say something to her. As someone who watched a close relative die last year from liver and kidney failure at age 49, it also really bothered me when she deliberately spiked Sheldon's drink, knowing how he felt about alcohol. It's not a joke. [/high horse]

She's not an alcholic yes she drinks but she doesn't abuse it or does it control her lives.

well season 1 ep2 when sheldon cleans her apartment yes penny slams a door but that wasnt childish or rude that was through anger

Well that episode she just moved into new apartment and her new neighbors broke into her place to clean, the reason she might slam the door on Sheldon or any of the others is she's frustrated with them but those are usually earlier seasons before she got use to them and how they act.

She's not an alcholic yes she drinks but she doesn't abuse it or does it control her lives.

She turns to alcohol whenever she's upset; she thinks she has to drink to have a good time; she often drinks alone; she drinks at all hours of the day, she puts alcohol on her ice cream (!) ... YMMV, but I had a couple of close family members who swore they didn't have a problem until it was too late.

Yes, Penny is a functioning alcoholic and her liver isn't shot (yet), but give it another 20 years.

She turns to alcohol whenever she's upset; she thinks she has to drink to have a good time; she often drinks alone; she drinks at all hours of the day, she puts alcohol on her ice cream (!) ... YMMV, but I had a couple of close family members who swore they didn't have a problem until it was too late.

Yes, Penny is a functioning alcoholic and her liver isn't shot (yet), but give it another 20 years.

She hasn't been seen really drinking for a while now and if you have a problem with a character with alchol it should be raj

I don't like it that the writers insist on having Raj drink in order to speak to women, either, and not just because it unnecessarily limits what could be an interesting character. But I don't see it as being as much of an issue with him, because his drinking has a very specific purpose beyond just getting drunk/feeling better.

I don't like it that the writers insist on having Raj drink in order to speak to women, either, and not just because it unnecessarily limits what could be an interesting character. But I don't see it as being as much of an issue with him, because his drinking has a very specific purpose beyond just getting drunk/feeling better.

what's the difference if Penny has a few drinks compared to raj? It's okay for raj because he needs it to speak to women which by the way isn't healthy and he carries a beer around where ever he is now but penny has a drink and she's a alcholic?

I never said it's "okay" for Raj -- he does drink more than he needs to. But I still see a difference in the frequency and circumstances surrounding his drinking and Penny's. Obviously you don't, which is certainly fine.

Hi

I think Penny is hot and plays her part very well. Raj is the weak link!

There have been some Raj scenes I didn't think were very good but he was great in "3.04 - The Pirate Solution" when he first goes to work for/with Sheldon. One of my favourites from Season 3.

can anyone else see how incredibly rude and childish penny is? she constantly slams doors on peoples faces and doesn't give a dam about peoples feelings plus if she doesn't get her own way she basically throws a paddy. ive had to turn episodes off because of how annoyingly rude she is.

Rude is not the question here, now is it?

Penny/Kaley is a very pretty girl, and in real life, they can get away with ALL KINDS of rude and nobody really is in a position to punish them for it, because they're the popular ones. All the men want to be with her and all the girls want to be like her (after scratching her eyes out from jealousy.) And so they know they can get away with being a bitch.

Whether Penny is rude or not is irrelevant. Her character is realistic. I should know, she reminds me very much of my own sister, both in terms of looks and behavior. And personally, I have known many girls in real life who get away with much more rudeness and manipulativeness (i.e. Alesha from S02E19).

Besides, Penny is the comedic foil, the Abbott to their Costello, the normal person who is supposed to demonstrate by comparison how absurd these four guys are.

Penny is not rude and no she doesn't get by just with her looks maybe you coukd say that about her when the show just started but there's no way you can say this now, her character has developed and showed depth, and I don't see her slaming doors as childish and rude I see it as the guys can get on her nerves at time and she gets frustrated with them and that just happens to be how she goes about it.

They are all rude to each other at times. It's a sit-com, it comes with the territory. They say and do things to each other that you would never say or do in real life. There are no consquences in a sit-com.

I tend to be quite forgiving of Penny's colourful past. Really attractive men and women get a lot of choices in this world. It's pretty easy for them to make poor decisions, when they can just jump from one person to the next. Although she is questioning this now and seems to be growing up in that department.

But I have to admit, part of the reason I like her character is her forthright attitude towards her past . I like the way she's so matter-of-fact about it. It's no big deal to her, she's just refreshingly candid and unashamed. I adore that about Penny. I know some people don't, but it always makes me smile when she admits something about her past, that perhaps she shouldn't. She's a totally passionate person. Hail Penny!