The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PapSmear081

Episode 1.15 The Shiksa Indeterminacy

I think the show is getting back to its best, this episode along with last weeks means we have had two great episodes in a row. I thought Courtney Henggeler was perfect for the role of Sheldon's twin sister Missy.

• Like 2

Agreed. Pre-strike Sheldon is back, the guys' interactions are much more balanced again, and I think the writers have hit on the most ingenious--and possibly realistic--way ever to handle the romantic tension between Leonard and Penny. With her still seeing someone else, the two of them hooking up is off the table, but Leonard can still harbor back-burner dreams of it without it interfering with any biosocial experiments with a neurochemical overlay that he might want to conduct with currently-available women. This was the second episode that CBS has changed the title of after it was announced. On CBS.com, it is now listed as "The Pork Chop Indeterminacy." Does anyone have insider info on why this has been happening? My personal conjecture in the case of the shiksa/pork chop swap swings between concerns that some people would not know what "shiksa" meant and concerns that some people would know.

did any of you notice how Missy imitates Sheldons gestures and body language?

-it is subtle effect, but it still nicely makes it look like they really are twin siblings. Very well pulled off by the actress behind Missy. Hope to see her again!

I'm with you. She was a wonderful character. And it was a great episode! I loved it when the guys were all standing around in the hall staring at the pretty girl in Sheldon's office. How totally geeky -- and totally like something I would have done in my late teens. Not any more, though. Nope.

More lovely moments:

- Leonard tries to entertain with gherkins and onion dip

- Howard and Leonard's silly laughs when Missy was talking about her childhood ("Not your EYEBROWS!")

- Penny coming in with Leonard's Superman underwear

- Raj's side effects

- fighting over Missy with Wii Boxing

- "Eat this cheese without farting and you can sleep with my sister." Then we hear Missy's voice coming from behind them: "Oh really!"

- the knowing, amused smile on Penny's face as she watches the guys in action

Steve

The Wiki

Oh yes, an episode filled with funny anecdotes!

-We do not entertain much...

-Oh, I thought the curriculum had made you quizzical.

-Stay down, bi**h!

and they way Leonard rushes to pennys door to take Missy for a spin. Just priceless acting from his part there!

Oh, and I too would have run after a pretty lady like her in my tweens. Luckily I now have very thick shields for that sort of situations, and can amusedly watch my younger collegues crowding pretty ladies like drones crowd a queen.

uhhhh, it just took me so long to find this thread about this episode because it's called "The Porkchop Indeterminacy" :icon_eek:

anyway, this was one of my least favorite "ideas" of the show... to have Sheldon have a "hot" twin sister. it's one thing if she were his sister, but TWIN? I didn't buy it.

uhhhh, it just took me so long to find this thread about this episode because it's called "The Porkchop Indeterminacy" :icon_eek:

anyway, this was one of my least favorite "ideas" of the show... to have Sheldon have a "hot" twin sister. it's one thing if she were his sister, but TWIN? I didn't buy it.

I HAVE A TWIN WE FOOL PEOPLE ALL

THE TIME. AGREE I DO NOT BUY IT EITHER.

I DID FELL THE SHOW WAS GOOD, THE

GUY'S CHASING MISSY.

yeah, & they did that later on with Raj's sister too. (having the rule of "you don't date your friend's sister").

but the fact that she was his twin, I didn't buy it.

if he was raised with a twin sister like Missy, then he wouldn't be so socially awkward.

since Sheldon is so intelligent, he shouldn't be a twin... he should be a single child entity!

I know a lot of people won't agree with me, but I wasn't very impressed with the acting of sheldon's sister in this episode. I liked the idea of the episode, but I think it could have been better.

I agree with you, BazingaFan. I rewatched the episode again today and I don't know where the actress is from but her accent seemed forced and unconvincing.

I actually liked the idea too and still enjoyed the episode but the acting of Sheldon's sister was definitely the weakest point.

I'll jump in here. I wasn't impressed with Missy at all. It's a mystery to me why so many others think she was so great.

Missy is a great character. Did anyone notice that when she talks to Sheldon she kind of behaves exactly like their mom, Mary..? Her voice, mainly.

I liked this episode for the most part (especially when Sheldon and Missy are discussing his attempts to pick someone for her--and the results, when he comes out of his bedroom... :p ), but I have to agree that the actress that played Missy wasn't all that interesting.

I think that part of the problem is that Missy wasn't really given much to do--she was basically just a pretty face for the guys to fight over--and her accent didn't seem very natural.

Someone earlier in the thread said that if he had been raised with a twin that he wouldn't have been so socially awkward but I think I would disagree with that. If he had had an identical twin, I would think that two super-smart genius twins probably would have been more isolated (probably the kind that would have their own secret language, as well), but since she was his fraternal twin, and the two of them are not intellectually identical, even if she shares some of his DNA, he wouldn't necessarily have been any more socialized. He had parents and his meemaw and that didn't help him become less socially awkward.

Anyway, I do think it was a funny episode, but I don't think they'll be bringing Missy back, unless they do some kind of big family thing with Sheldon with his mother and his meemaw. But even then, they wouldn't need to bring Missy along.