The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
@jmclean1982

Howard's Mother

When the show finally comes to a end(but not for a few good seasons yet!)

Would you not like to finally see Howard's mother?

If so what do you think she should look like...?

Well, it depends on what kind of ending they want for the show. I can't say either way.

Though, I went to a taping of the show in January (The Friendship Contraction) and Howard's mom was "in" that episode. At the end when the cast came out to do their curtain-call, they called Howard's mom (Carol Ann Susi) out as well. I'm not going to say it ruined it for me, because I could have easily Googled her (or would have seen it eventually), but now I can't even imagine her as anyone else. At best, when I try to remember what I had imagined her like before, I can't even think of it.

Because Carol Ann Susi definitely isn't extremely overweight, or very hairy... which I remember Howard saying.

Yeah, seeing her could ruin the illusion for me, so I haven't googled her. I like my internal image. Which makes me wonder about the wedding. If Howard and Bernadette do get married she would have to be there. I guess they could keep her off camera somehow.

I haven't looked up the actress' image either. But I'll ask this...

Is the actress a proper age, size, perhaps features, etc. required to be believable as Howard's Mom? Costume and Makeup can work wonders of course, but say she is an Asian American. That might not work for a traditional overbearing Jewish Mother.

I haven't looked up the actress' image either. But I'll ask this...

Is the actress a proper age, size, perhaps features, etc. required to be believable as Howard's Mom? Costume and Makeup can work wonders of course, but say she is an Asian American. That might not work for a traditional overbearing Jewish Mother.

I will say she could most definitely be his mother.

She is not as big and definitely not as hairy as they make her out to be. She's the right age and everything else, though.

Carol Ann Susi, ah yes. She played Michael J Fox's secretary in a movie years back. I never put the character to the name until now.

When you look at the season 5 finalle you can see Howard mother sitting in right bottom corner of the snap shot (19:54).

Picture in attachment.

All you need is photo enhancement like in CSI :icon_cool:

post-2884-134808097698_thumb.png

I would - and here's how I'd write it. It doesn't have to be the end of the series, though.

While Howard is on the Space Station (or some other long-term away time), Mrs. W meets a nice Jewish guy at her favorite Jewish deli. It's a whirlwind romance since she's been alone so long. She rushes into a gastric bypass (lots of opportunity for flatulence jokes here), slims down fast, and gets her flappy parts tucked. She meets Howard and the rest of the crew when he returns, revealing a beautiful Carol Ann Susi - with "that voice". Everyone is astounded and happy until it is revealed that she had to raid the trust from Howard's uncle or something to do it. Howard can't really get mad at his mom, of course, but now he realizes he needs to earn more money to keep up with Bernie and make the kind of life they want to have. He *must* get his doctorate. This scenario affords Ms. Susi the opportunity to either appear more often or less often as she wishes, and for Howard's storyline to evolve even more than it has. Perhaps the nice Jewish guy has a niece for Raj.

What do you think?

Howard can't really get mad at his mom, of course, but now he realizes he needs to earn more money to keep up with Bernie and make the kind of life they want to have. He *must* get his doctorate. This scenario affords Ms. Susi the opportunity to either appear more often or less often as she wishes, and for Howard's storyline to evolve even more than it has.

What do you think?

Like it all until you got to the part about the PhD. Personally, I don't even object to that, but it has been pointed out to me several times that engineers don't get doctorates because it's not expected and there isn't really any professional benefit in doing so. I'm not an engineer so I don't know if that's true, or not. But I do like your thinking on this.

:icon_lol:

Howard can't really get mad at his mom, of course, but now he realizes he needs to earn more money to keep up with Bernie and make the kind of life they want to have. He *must* get his doctorate. This scenario affords Ms. Susi the opportunity to either appear more often or less often as she wishes, and for Howard's storyline to evolve even more than it has.

What do you think?

Like it all until you got to the part about the PhD. Personally, I don't even object to that, but it has been pointed out to me several times that engineers don't get doctorates because it's not expected and there isn't really any professional benefit in doing so. I'm not an engineer so I don't know if that's true, or not. But I do like your thinking on this.

:icon_lol:

I'm hoping the university will grant him an honorary doctorate for going into space.