The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.19 The Weekend Vortex (March 8)

How do you rate this episode?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

We need to pace ourselves with the pages it'll be two weeks before the next episode.

Ha ha ha ha ha...you guys are hilarious. Just accept the thing that people are different and can change at one point or another.

Yes, yes!

I say everyone's "fluid" whether they like it or not. :p

Fluid? Yeah..you can put it like that :)

Leonard, Sheldon, Raj, Howard and Bernadette are all playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Yet, the max party size is 4 people, not 5.

Leonard, Sheldon, Raj, Howard and Bernadette are all playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. Yet, the max party size is 4 people, not 5.

They do that at times especially with things like video games it wouldn't take long to look up at how many players there is.

I think we could debate the Penny/Amy attraction vs. friendship forever. No matter the evidence presented (unless the show has an actual confession of attraction or the two jump in bed) we'll never know.

Personally I think people can find subtlties to back up whatever argument they're going to make. If you look to other shows like one of my favorites 'Supernatural' a lot of fans (not me) see several of the main characters as in-love even though they're all heterosexual and they've never had any on-screen kisses or passionate moments. People will see what they see.

A good example would be with Amy talking about how sexy Sheldon would be with long hair. She may prefer to see him more wild and unhinged...perhaps she reads a lot of Romance novels...pictures him like some of the men on the cover of the books. OR other people could just see it as Sheldon with long hair = him looking more like a woman and therefore she's a lesbian.

:) I'm sure anything can be twisted for anyone's arguments. I doubt we'll know the intention of the directing/writing unless there's an actual interview where they directly address this.

That said, I have to admit I think the writers/director seems to be (imho) making it like Amy's got the hots for Penny. Previous lesbian comments and that one peck on the lips (then singing Katy Perry's song in the taxi) that one episode. With the recent episode, I think what made me feel like the whole holding Penny's hair back was a reference to Amy liking the woman, was for exactly the reason someone mentioned a few pages ago. Amy looked almost excited to go do that, more so than hanging out with Sheldon.

Of course, as stated, we don't know the reasons behind it. If it was a mistake by Mayim, or if she was directed to do so, or if it was in the script. I think that eventually the writers/director will have to say one way or the other whether or not Amy's a lesbian, bisexual, or just really...awkward when expressing her affection for her friend. I think people are getting fed up with the references.

I personally don't care if Amy's a lesbian or bisexual, or just straight. I think the comments are just annoying and I don't find them funny at all. I know it can be handled better. I've seen other shows/movies that make references to ones' sexuality, sometimes catching a person off guard but it's really funny. Will & Grace was amazing at this.

So to get to my point (finally) I think the writers need to dial back the comments and if they get thrown in at all, they should actually make them funny and not just random.

I'm going to a taping today (March 6th) and they show us the next episode 2 days before everyone else. I'll have to keep my trap shut! :(

HI-HOW EARLY DID YOU GO ON THE SITE FOR THE TICKETS.

I LOG ON @8:20, COULD NOT GET TO THE ORDER FORM FOR

THE TICKETS TO BE PLACED. BY 9:00 THEY WERE GONE,

EVEN THE STAND-BY WHERE SOLD-OUT.

THANKS

I think we could debate the Penny/Amy attraction vs. friendship forever. No matter the evidence presented (unless the show has an actual confession of attraction or the two jump in bed) we'll never know.

Personally I think people can find subtlties to back up whatever argument they're going to make. If you look to other shows like one of my favorites 'Supernatural' a lot of fans (not me) see several of the main characters as in-love even though they're all heterosexual and they've never had any on-screen kisses or passionate moments. People will see what they see.

A good example would be with Amy talking about how sexy Sheldon would be with long hair. She may prefer to see him more wild and unhinged...perhaps she reads a lot of Romance novels...pictures him like some of the men on the cover of the books. OR other people could just see it as Sheldon with long hair = him looking more like a woman and therefore she's a lesbian.

:) I'm sure anything can be twisted for anyone's arguments. I doubt we'll know the intention of the directing/writing unless there's an actual interview where they directly address this.

That said, I have to admit I think the writers/director seems to be (imho) making it like Amy's got the hots for Penny. Previous lesbian comments and that one peck on the lips (then singing Katy Perry's song in the taxi) that one episode. With the recent episode, I think what made me feel like the whole holding Penny's hair back was a reference to Amy liking the woman, was for exactly the reason someone mentioned a few pages ago. Amy looked almost excited to go do that, more so than hanging out with Sheldon.

Of course, as stated, we don't know the reasons behind it. If it was a mistake by Mayim, or if she was directed to do so, or if it was in the script. I think that eventually the writers/director will have to say one way or the other whether or not Amy's a lesbian, bisexual, or just really...awkward when expressing her affection for her friend. I think people are getting fed up with the references.

I personally don't care if Amy's a lesbian or bisexual, or just straight. I think the comments are just annoying and I don't find them funny at all. I know it can be handled better. I've seen other shows/movies that make references to ones' sexuality, sometimes catching a person off guard but it's really funny. Will & Grace was amazing at this.

So to get to my point (finally) I think the writers need to dial back the comments and if they get thrown in at all, they should actually make them funny and not just random.

Amy has made some rather aggressive comments towards Penny. When she got her that huige picture, she said they were originally painted nude, but that it would be an uncessary challenge to their heterosexuality. Then proceeded to say if Penny changed her mind, just use some soap and warm water and a sponge. When Penny asks "on the painting?" Amy replies with a sarcastic, "yeah, that's what I meant". Amy has kissed Penny at least once, and during the sleepover when they played sleepover games from the Wikipedia, Amy attempted to experiment with lesbianism with Penny. You may not like the comments, but they are not coming from out of nowhere. They've made Amy's sexuality part of her character. Granted, it could all be confusion from being a long term sexless relationship. Amy just wants some affection.

They'll probably do away with it like raj/howard or if they make her lesbian they'd have to give her a gf

Amy has made some rather aggressive comments towards Penny. When she got her that huige picture, she said they were originally painted nude, but that it would be an uncessary challenge to their heterosexuality. Then proceeded to say if Penny changed her mind, just use some soap and warm water and a sponge. When Penny asks "on the painting?" Amy replies with a sarcastic, "yeah, that's what I meant". Amy has kissed Penny at least once, and during the sleepover when they played sleepover games from the Wikipedia, Amy attempted to experiment with lesbianism with Penny. You may not like the comments, but they are not coming from out of nowhere. They've made Amy's sexuality part of her character. Granted, it could all be confusion from being a long term sexless relationship. Amy just wants some affection.

Well the water, soap and sponge Amy wasn't talking about the painting, but I think Amy is confused.

They'll probably do away with it like raj/howard or if they make her lesbian they'd have to give her a gf

Well the water, soap and sponge Amy wasn't talking about the painting, but I think Amy is confused.

What does this mean?

I'm wondering if the big videogame night the boys talk about in the opening scene refers to the 96 hour WoW session that features in the Fuzzyboots ep from season 1?

Also... how amazing is it that they missed Kaley's name in the opening credits. Anyone heard of any fallout on this yet?

Just to say I'm back again, following removal of region lock-out. Thanks to Tripper, and netmouse for informing me. :)

The Kaley credits thing does sound like a shocking gaffe. No-one seems to have talked about it in public, which is good, I think - it's probably someone's stupid mistake, and everyone doesn't need to know about the names or subsequent action involved.

Moon_pie - hey, I think you're sweet looking. FTR I am a straight female and am not trying to do an Amy on you. :p

It seems like it was there, but we just couldn't see it, what I mean is that there a long gap between Jim's name and Simon's.

Yeah, you could definitely see the "gap" where her name should have been inserted.

and yeah, w/b Pomita :)

Maybe some of the higher ups are sending a message. Penny is going back to Nebraska and hello Nancy from North Dakota.

Unless they want to write a HUGE check to Kaley penny's not going anywhere

I think it is a clear sign of a character change. Too bad but life goes on.

I know you hate penny but, $$$$$$$ for Kaley=no their isn't

I'm wondering if the big videogame night the boys talk about in the opening scene refers to the 96 hour WoW session that features in the Fuzzyboots ep from season 1?

Also... how amazing is it that they missed Kaley's name in the opening credits. Anyone heard of any fallout on this yet?

On the first one probably

as for the second I think it was just a mistake(not sure if anyone got in trouble for it) I haven't heard anything from the show or Kaley and she hasn't mentioned it on Twitter not that I thought she would it was probably just a mistake and too make sure it never happpens again.

I'm going to pay more attention to the credits from now on not just to see if kaley's name is included but all of the cast.

You are wrong, I don't hate Penny, I just think that some of the things she has done is incredibly stupid. She does have many good qualities. In addition, people bandy the word "hate" around allot. I have never "hated" a fictional character. They are after all, not real.

Kaley has a contract through the seventh season, including a $50K per episode raise for each year. They would have to pay her off to get rid of Penny. Besides that, she is extremely well liked by the crew and cast. She is much favored by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. If I were you I would reexamine the signs. Penny isn't going anywhere.

Kaley has a contract through the seventh season, including a $50K per episode raise for each year. They would have to pay her off to get rid of Penny. Besides that, she is extremely well liked by the crew and cast. She is much favored by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady. If I were you I would reexamine the signs. Penny isn't going anywhere.

It would be a bad sign if they fired one of the most popular actress on the show they would owe her so much money it wouldn't even be funny, also Rick doesn't like Penny so anytime he can take a shot he does it.

Is everybody totally familiar with her contract? Is there any type of clauses in it that if they aren't met they can let her go? As to being one of the most popular actresses on the show, it's not as though there are a allot of them. Does anyone remember the last time one of the lead actor's names was left off the credits?

Ooh that name left off the credits thing. That would be the creative department. Someone in design or editing. Ouch! Blame it on the freelancer, that's what they normally do.

We won't know what's going on until we know, LOL.

I think it's highly unlikely that Kaley's name would be off the credits officially (not as a mistake) without the corresponding public announcement.

Many lead actors were fired / left their shows. The networks always tried to keep it secret until the last episode with that character. The names were never taken off credits until the actor officialy left.

On the surface, it looks like the situation with Kaley's name off credits is just a mistake. But again, we won't know for sure until they tell us one way of another.

Is everybody totally familiar with her contract? Is there any type of clauses in it that if they aren't met they can let her go? As to being one of the most popular actresses on the show, it's not as though there are a allot of them. Does anyone remember the last time one of the lead actor's names was left off the credits?

It was a mistake it doesn't mean they're unhappy with her, She just got a raise I believe either coming into this season or last and just got sydicated so they can't let her go just because the feel like it plus they are very happy with Kaley, not sure what kind of clauses they'd have, yes there's not a lot of people on the show but she's probably the second or third favorite so she's not going any were

We won't know what's going on until we know, LOL.

I think it's highly unlikely that Kaley's name would be off the credits officially (not as a mistake) without the corresponding public announcement.

Many lead actors were fired / left their shows. The networks always tried to keep it secret until the last episode with that character. The names were never taken off credits until the actor officialy left.

On the surface, it looks like the situation with Kaley's name off credits is just a mistake. But again, we won't know for sure until they tell us one way of another.

Well unless they're stupid why would they replace Kaley

Who knows? Maybe she is trying to get out of her contract for a movie job?

In all honesty I do believe that it being a mistake is most likely. I think if nothing else there may be some legal implications if they did it on purpose. A sure way of telling is if they do it again on the next episode. If I had to bet on it I would bet that her name will be included on the next one.

Not really. They couldn't even get rid of Charlie Sheen on TAAHM without having to pay a hefty sum. With Charlie Sheen they actually had solid reasons for firing him. Actor contracts in the industry are very much negotiated in heavy favor of the performer. As far as we know Kaley's behavior hasn't put the production of the show in jeopardy like Charlie's did on TAAHM. That would be the only way they could release/fire her. Even then, like Sheen they would have to pay her something.

This is all for nothing, the gaff with her name missing in the opening credits is most likely a mistake. It is a mistake that somebody could get in serious trouble and even lose their job over unfortunately. Credit acknowledgement is a big deal in show business. It's something that is actually part of the package per the actors contract. Especially for Kaley given that she's the lead actress in the number one sitcom on television right now. Her name carries value and to have it missing from the credits is something that can put the production company in breach of contract with her.