The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.19 The Weekend Vortex (March 8)

How do you rate this episode?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I bet her name is on this episode when the season 5 DVD comes out, but if she did want to leave they wouldn't just let her leave and even if she did leave they wouldn't leave her name off like that

This whole row over the 'implications' of Kaley's name being left out is reminding me of mobster sauce. :D

To anyone that saw the taping of this ep... was the coin toss into the glass scene computer generated? I'm guessing it was given Amy's accuracy. Just curious as to how it was filmed.

I saw the answer to this today, Mayim wrote on facebook.

"I learned to shoot quarters for this weeks episode...I made 2/3 in each of 3 consecutive takes of that scene! I was so happy!!!"

Pretty impressive :icon_cheesygrin:

SORRY---ABOUT THE POST KALEY NOT IN THE OPENNING

CREDITS. IT WAS FUNNY TO SEE MAJOR STAR NAME

MISSING.4-5 PAGES WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HER LEAVING THE SHOW,

CONTRACTS, HOW MUCH MONEY IT WILL COST C.B.S. TO REPLACE HER. IT WAS A MISTAKE BY SOMEONE, HOPE IT WILL FIXED. KALEY DID

NOT TALKED ABOUT IT. LETS PUT A END TO IT, UNTIL LORRE, PRADY

SAY THEY DONT WANT HER.

THANKS

CONTRACTS, HOW MUCH MONEY IT WILL COST C.B.S. TO REPLACE HER. IT WAS A MISTAKE BY SOMEONE, HOPE IT WILL FIXED. KALEY DID

SAY THEY DONT WANT HER.

THANKS

Oh it's not your fault, debates tend to start very easily here :icon_cheesygrin: Most of us realise it was just a production error. It was very observant of you to spot it.

SAY THEY DONT WANT HER.

THANKS

Oh it's not your fault, debates tend to start very easily here :icon_cheesygrin: Most of us realise it was just a production error. It was very observant of you to spot it.

Seems to be what happens when there's no new episodes to talk about, LOL.

So among other things, Mayim excels at quarter-aiming? Neat. :D

Yeah, I thought that was pretty cool. I'm sure I would be hopeless at it.

Is everybody totally familiar with her contract? Is there any type of clauses in it that if they aren't met they can let her go? As to being one of the most popular actresses on the show, it's not as though there are a allot of them. Does anyone remember the last time one of the lead actor's names was left off the credits?

It's called a typo. You know how fast they put these things together? As has been said in here, billing is also contractual. She could actually sue them if they intentionally took her name out of the credits. Somebody probably got their ass handed to them for the mistake. Even if they were going to get rid of her, they cannot intentionally take her name off an episode she was in. They likely can't move the placement of her name in the credits, or for that matter, change the size of the letters her name is written in. All of that is settled in an actor's contract and they take it very seriously, especially a lead actor. It was a mistake.

Is everybody totally familiar with her contract? Is there any type of clauses in it that if they aren't met they can let her go? As to being one of the most popular actresses on the show, it's not as though there are a allot of them. Does anyone remember the last time one of the lead actor's names was left off the credits?

It's called a typo. You know how fast they put these things together? As has been said in here, billing is also contractual. She could actually sue them if they intentionally took her name out of the credits. Somebody probably got their ass handed to them for the mistake. Even if they were going to get rid of her, they cannot intentionally take her name off an episode she was in. They likely can't even move the placement of her name in the credits. In all likelihood they can't even change the size of the letters her name is written in. All of that is settled in an actor's contract. It was a mistake.

This is what happens when there's no new episode for two weeks due to bball, we still have another week of it

Who knows? Maybe she is trying to get out of her contract for a movie job?

In all honesty I do believe that it being a mistake is most likely. I think if nothing else there may be some legal implications if they did it on purpose. A sure way of telling is if they do it again on the next episode. If I had to bet on it I would bet that her name will be included on the next one.

This is the last post that I made and reflects my belief as to what happened. I think it was just a stupid mistake.

No doubt the SAG has spoken to someone about this. Credits may be something that most of us overlook, but they are serious business to the people in the industry.

No doubt the SAG has spoken to someone about this. Credits may be something that most of us overlook, but they are serious business to the people in the industry.

I'm sure her agent has as well

Back on topic, I'd just like to add my two cents about the hair-holding comment from Penny. To me, it came off as something that Amy would like to do because she probably has the idea that getting drunk together is something that friends do to bond, and holding each other's hair while they puke is something that good friends just do for each other. Therefore, having the opportunity to do something that "popular" people do with Penny could come off as a "bonding moment" for someone as quirky as Amy. That's how I see it, so I don't really see it as a lesbian joke.

Yeah, that's how I took it. Holding each other's hair while they puke is something only best friends would do. I think that's why Amy jumped at it.

Plus, like others mentioned, going w/ Sheldon was no longer going to happen anyways b/c of Raj's outburst.

At this point I think any guy would do for Amy.

not really.. she could have done it with Zack, she decided not to. She went out with Leonard, and said he "didn't get her motor running", she went out with Stuart and still chose Sheldon over him, despite she knowing that she had more chances of having sex with Stuart than Sheldon.

That's why I don't agree with the "any guy would do for her" she has had chances, but she still chooses Sheldon, despite Sheldon being.. well.. Sheldon

Agree 100%.

not really.. she could have done it with Zack, she decided not to. She went out with Leonard, and said he "didn't get her motor running", she went out with Stuart and still chose Sheldon over him, despite she knowing that she had more chances of having sex with Stuart than Sheldon.

That's why I don't agree with the "any guy would do for her" she has had chances, but she still chooses Sheldon, despite Sheldon being.. well.. Sheldon

Agree 100%.

If Amy were a real person one might conclude that she, "chooses Sheldon," because she knows he is safe. She may be afraid to actually enter a sexual relationship. Of course that's a lot to ascribe to a fictional TV character.

Agree 100%.

If Amy were a real person one might conclude that she, "chooses Sheldon," because she knows he is safe. She may be afraid to actually enter a sexual relationship. Of course that's a lot to ascribe to a fictional TV character.

Funnily enough, I wondered if Amy might be all talk in that department myself. :icon_lol:

Agree 100%.

I actually agree with this, to the extent that I feel Amy certainly isn't as 'open to the physical aspect' as she claims or perhaps like to believe she is. All said and done, she's a socially awkward geek too, and this is her first experience of a romantic relationship just as it's Sheldon's. Of late she has discovered new desires and curiosities, but I think she realizes that those will take their time to flower. She needs time and space to discover herself and she needs to not be pushed - and she's not going to get that with any other guy of her age.

Another great episode of this new season, probably not my personal favorite, but overall the fifth season is great.

I especially liked the Leonard/Penny scene, the first time that you could really feel a bit of chemistry between them. I hope that we'll get to see more of this during the season.

And i also hope that the writers keep the two together! The on - off stuff might be interesting for some time, but to do that for a too long time is boring. We've seen that sooo many times, if it was Ross and Rachel on Friends or Elliot and JD on Scrubs ... and in the end when they finally reunited the couples, actually no one really cared for it, because everyone was tired of the couple already, even if they weren't together for most part of the show.

And i'm also with a lot of people in this forum: keeping them together doesn't have to lead to the show running out of ideas. I mean, if they return to this on - off thing, what is left to explore there?

Giving Leonard a new girlfriend making Penny jealous? Getting Penny in a relationship which would make Leonard crazy? We have seen all that the last seasons and i don't need more of it.

If they keep them together there is a lot mor to explore within this relationship (e.g. funny stories like the one Penny told Amy when they were using Bernadette to spy on Leonard/Priya with the beach), the real relationship of L/P was never really shown, the only thing you saw was the two in bed together or eating with the rest of the gang.

And last but not least getting rid of this romance stuff would finally open doors for more nerdy stuff.

I really hope that the next two episodes with Nimoy and Hawking will include more of that again :)

But 'till then it was again a good episode, especially Sheldon with his Cooper Coupons was hilarious! :)

I agree BT-Maniac, I would also like to see them stay together and new story lines with their relationship, together. I liked the episode where L/P went to the movies together and Leonard was being more assertive.

@BazingaFan: You're right, the episode with Penny and Leonard at the movies was great, actually i really liked all storylines around Penny and Leonard this season, so much better than what we saw on earlier seasons.

Just today here in germany older episodes were re-broadcasted of the first time L/P were together, and actually i have to say i can understand how people hate the two together, this early incarnation of the P/L was really enervating (e.g. the episode on which they fight about Penny's friend Justin sleeping at her appartment).

But i feel that we are on a better track in that case this time :)

Can't wait for the new episode to finally be broadcasted tonight! :)

Anyone know what the scene behind Stuart is (when Sheldon is asking him about a gift recommendation in Stuart's store)? It appears to be a city from a sci-fi movie or something.