The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.19 The Weekend Vortex (March 8)

How do you rate this episode?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

@BazingaFan: You're right, the episode with Penny and Leonard at the movies was great, actually i really liked all storylines around Penny and Leonard this season, so much better than what we saw on earlier seasons.

Just today here in germany older episodes were re-broadcasted of the first time L/P were together, and actually i have to say i can understand how people hate the two together, this early incarnation of the P/L was really enervating (e.g. the episode on which they fight about Penny's friend Justin sleeping at her appartment).

But i feel that we are on a better track in that case this time :)

Can't wait for the new episode to finally be broadcasted tonight! :)

Just showed they were very immature in their relationship in the beginning, so this time around, they will do better, I think. :)

Have finally seen this episode and the scene with Raj talking near the end was pretty hilarious, the cooper coupons was good and i would probably of done what Amy did and redeemed the science musuem one, even if i was still mad at Sheldon for not coming with me to a party

I like this episode a lot. First of all, the whip app was cracking me up.  :D  But it's good storytelling too  - the way they show how the guys' lives and relationships with each other are changing because of the girls. Howard having to include his girlfriend because he didn't know how to say no.  Sheldon's perpetual selfishness, and Amy learning how to deal with him - and a glimpse, too, that she isn't just with him because he's her first boyfriend but because he's Sheldon Cooper - she really is enamored with him.  Leonard and Penny actually have the healthiest relationship here.  And Raj being left out made me actually feel bad for him (oftentimes he's too whiny for me to sympathize with him as much as I could).  

Lots of hilarious bits too - the Cooper coupons and Amy snatching one up; Penny's re-do of her reaction. And even though I just watched it I can't think of any quotes, but it was really funny.  

• Like 1

How the hell did Miyam manage to bounce 3 coins in a row, off the table and into the glass?  :icon_surprised:

Multiple takes and post production editing. :p

This episode does contain one of my favorite Leonard/Penny moments:

Leonard: Hey, listen, I kind of made plans with the guys this weekend, but then I wondered, because we’re in this relationship-beta-test, if I should have asked you first. Then I thought if I did check with you first, you’d think that I was taking things to seriously. And then, then I got a nosebleed.

Penny: You don’t have to check with me. Do whatever you want.

Leonard: Oh. I guess I was hoping for a different reaction, but okay.

Penny: Really, what were you hoping for?

Leonard: I don’t know, maybe that you’d be a little upset, and then you’d realize that I’m a stallion that has to run free. And that would turn you on a little.

Penny: Okay, I’m an actress. Ask me again.

Leonard: Do you mind if I spend the weekend playing video games with the guys?

Penny: Whu… the entire weekend? You mean I wouldn’t see you at all? But I ju… No, no, I knew what I was getting into. You can’t put a saddle on Leonard Hofstadter. Oh, my, is it getting hot in here? Ay, papi.

Leonard: Ay papi? What is that?

Penny: An acting choice.

Leonard: Oh. So you chose that when you become turned on, you turn into Speedy Gonzalez?

Penny: Choo got a problem with that, papi?

Leonard: Uh-uh.

One of the big misconceptions about Leonard and Penny's relationship is that she's too high maintenance for him and doesn't relate to him on any level (which always sounds ridiculous).

Which is why I love scenes like this that prove this wrong, where we see that Penny can be just as big a dork as Leonard is.  Moments like this, make this couple even more adorable to me.

As for the rest of the episode, seeing the guys just hanging out is usually a winner almost everytime.

I also owe this episode for the whip app that I use on my friends when appropos. :p

Edited by meka3000
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2012 at 5:13 PM, cbolt said:

At this point I think any guy would do for Amy.

I don't know about that, but I think any guy would do Amy.

I know I would.  :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Stephen Hawking

When Howard and Bernadette met for their first date, Bernadette said she uses computers, but doesn't like them.

Now, suddenly, she's playing computer games?

9 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

When Howard and Bernadette met for their first date, Bernadette said she uses computers, but doesn't like them.

Now, suddenly, she's playing computer games?

Chance to spend more time with Howard I guess, sometimes in couples one of them takes an interest in something their other half likes doing.