The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.19 The Weekend Vortex (March 8)

How do you rate this episode?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

PLEASE get rid of Amy before she completely ruins the Sheldon character!

It's one thing to give him a gf, but amy's turning him soft.

Yeah, but the Lollipop Guild love Amy and the relationship stuff. It's gotten them the highest ratings ever and I don't see anyway they will change.

I'm going to a taping today (March 6th) and they show us the next episode 2 days before everyone else. I'll have to keep my trap shut! :(

Honestly, I'd rather watch it on TV with everyone else. I love my Thursdays.

Plus I can't talk about it with anyone, sooo... yeah. I WANT IT TO BE THURSDAY!

Yeah, but the Lollipop Guild love Amy and the relationship stuff. It's gotten them the highest ratings ever and I don't see anyway they will change.

Well they could do relationships and not change the characters

Honestly, I'd rather watch it on TV with everyone else. I love my Thursdays.

Plus I can't talk about it with anyone, sooo... yeah. I WANT IT TO BE THURSDAY!

Enjoy the taping. So jealous. Wish I didn't live so far away. Would love to go to one.

I do love Amy's character very much, but surely it would be possible to have a spin off show about her (and even some of the others too) and have TBBT back to it's hard core classic self? The re focus back to mainly the 4 chaps and Penny would be great.

Matt

I'm going to a taping today (March 6th) and they show us the next episode 2 days before everyone else. I'll have to keep my trap shut! :(

Cool! Hope you will enjoy it :) will be hard to keep trap shut haha

Oh god no, don't let on. The rest of us poor saps have to wait :icon_cheesygrin:

Yeah...sadly

I love my Friday's as that is when I can watch the Thursday episode online...

I do love Amy's character very much, but surely it would be possible to have a spin off show about her (and even some of the others too) and have TBBT back to it's hard core classic self? The re focus back to mainly the 4 chaps and Penny would be great.

Matt

I'm all for giving Amy a spin off especially since season 5 has turned into the Amy show they should give her one and coukd guest star every now and then and get back to the 4 guys and penny, especially since some of the characters at times have been pushed to the side due to penny's presence.

Does anyone think any of the characters would be great for a spin off, of course depends on how the series would end?

Matt

I'm all for giving Amy a spin off especially since season 5 has turned into the Amy show they should give her one and coukd guest star every now and then and get back to the 4 guys and penny, especially since some of the characters at times have been pushed to the side due to penny's presence.

Does anyone think any of the characters would be great for a spin off, of course depends on how the series would end?

I don't know if there's enough substance to Amy to build a show around. They would have to surround her with a cast to play off, and that wouldn't be all that different than TBBT.

Pre-Bernadette Howard would have been interesting. All of his gimmicks for picking up women would have made for some good humor. But even that would have exhausted itself pretty quickly.

Not sure I see any real spin-off potential in the characters. Maybe if they gave Penny some acting success they could build a show around her that focused on her, her career, her love life, etc...

Matt

I don't know if there's enough substance to Amy to build a show around. They would have to surround her with a cast to play off, and that wouldn't be all that different than TBBT.

Pre-Bernadette Howard would have been interesting. All of his gimmicks for picking up women would have made for some good humor. But even that would have exhausted itself pretty quickly.

Not sure I see any real spin-off potential in the characters. Maybe if they gave Penny some acting success they could build a show around her that focused on her, her career, her love life, etc...

Penny would be ideal especially if her career ever took off since they basically ignore her character developement or know much about her still.

Matt

I think people TBBT regulars like Leonard and Sheldon's mums could be featured; as well as skype calls with Sheldon, Penny etc.

They could have guest stars too...

I have a lot of time for Mayim Bialik and as a kid loved Blossom. When I was 15 on holiday, my parents and I were walking up to the Chinese theatre (if that name is correct?) and we had missed by only a few days the cast of Batman Returns (I was gutted! lol)

Anyway, to my delight was Mayim walking near by with two minders! I bowled over straight over to her and said hi and we got a long like a house on fire. She was so nice and down to earth. The minders allowed her to chat for a good 10/15 minutes. I remember too she said, it was so nice to be able to talk with someone her own age.

She acts Amy so well it is hard to believe she is completely different as 'herself' - but yes a spin off would be good!

I do love her harp playing (especially her version of Wanted Dead or Alive :) )

Matt

it will be fun,, but you will see the spock show.(march 29)

the weekend vortex was taped already.

good luck

I have a lot of time for Mayim Bialik and as a kid loved Blossom. When I was 15 on holiday, my parents and I were walking up to the Chinese theatre (if that name is correct?) and we had missed by only a few days the cast of Batman Returns (I was gutted! lol)

Anyway, to my delight was Mayim walking near by with two minders! I bowled over straight over to her and said hi and we got a long like a house on fire. She was so nice and down to earth. The minders allowed her to chat for a good 10/15 minutes. I remember too she said, it was so nice to be able to talk with someone her own age.

She acts Amy so well it is hard to believe she is completely different as 'herself' - but yes a spin off would be good!

Matt

Please don't take this as a sarcastic remark but, Cool Story Bro! :icon_cheesygrin:

Seriously, thanks for sharing! good to know you had a great experience meeting Mayim. I didn't know her before TBBT, but I had come to like and respect her very much. I love Amy when she plays harp too.

Matt

Please don't take this as a sarcastic remark but, Cool Story Bro! :icon_cheesygrin:

Seriously, thanks for sharing! good to know you had a great experience meeting Mayim. I didn't know her before TBBT, but I had come to like and respect her very much. I love Amy when she plays harp too.

I agree, thanks for posting this :icon_cheesygrin:

Matt

Matt turning to Leonard (with an earnest expression) "sarcasm?"

Leonard "No!"

Matt "YES! I'm on fire!" :)

I saw The Weekend Vortex today and I liked it! It definitely wasn't bad.

However, the March 29th show... you guys are soooo in for a treat. I had no idea it was the Leonard Nimoy/Spock show! I knew the cameo was coming up but honestly had no idea. I sat down and my dad was looking at the program and said, "Woah, Leonard Nimoy?" and I immediately turned to him and I was speechless. My sister could only describe me as looking like this:

nXv13.jpg

So then I looked at the program ( 2ZluP.jpg) and nearly started hyperventilating.

He was totally there, and all the cast were bowing at his feet! Funny, cute, and touching at the same time. He flashed a Vulcan salute to everyone. It was a great episode overall, and he was in the episode for a good amount of time. It wasn't just some 20 second cameo.

That's all I can say about that...

However, the March 29th show... you guys are soooo in for a treat. I had no idea it was the Leonard Nimoy/Spock show! I knew the cameo was coming up but honestly had no idea. I sat down and my dad was looking at the program and said, "Woah, Leonard Nimoy?" and I immediately turned to him and I was speechless. My sister could only describe me as looking like this:

nXv13.jpg

So then I looked at the program ( 2ZluP.jpg) and nearly started hyperventilating.

He was totally there, and all the cast were bowing at his feet! Funny, cute, and touching at the same time. He flashed a Vulcan salute to everyone. It was a great episode overall, and he was in the episode for a good amount of time. It wasn't just some 20 second cameo.

I'm so excited about this one!!! I'm just arrrghhh... $%^^^&& :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_exclaim:

Thank you Kyzzx for the heads up! I bet that was so exciting! For you, and for the cast!! Can't wait to see both episodes!

Question -- do you have to sign something saying you can't reveal anything? I could see things getting leaked really fast otherwise!

@Kyzzx Thanks for the review! Roll on March 29th :icon_biggrin:

Soo happy you had a great time!

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to this week's show, and to the Leonard Nimoy episode.

nXv13.jpg

I'm so excited about this one!!! I'm just arrrghhh... $%^^^&& :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_exclaim:

Don't get too excited it's just his voice.