The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.19 The Weekend Vortex (March 8)

How do you rate this episode?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I saw The Weekend Vortex today and I liked it! It definitely wasn't bad.

However, the March 29th show... you guys are soooo in for a treat. I had no idea it was the Leonard Nimoy/Spock show! I knew the cameo was coming up but honestly had no idea. I sat down and my dad was looking at the program and said, "Woah, Leonard Nimoy?" and I immediately turned to him and I was speechless. My sister could only describe me as looking like this:

nXv13.jpg

So then I looked at the program ( 2ZluP.jpg) and nearly started hyperventilating.

He was totally there, and all the cast were bowing at his feet! Funny, cute, and touching at the same time. He flashed a Vulcan salute to everyone. It was a great episode overall, and he was in the episode for a good amount of time. It wasn't just some 20 second cameo.

That's all I can say about that...

I'm so excited about this one!!! I'm just arrrghhh... $%^^^&& :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_exclaim:

Don't get too excited it's just his voice.

Good enough :icon_biggrin:

Since there is no March 29th thread yet, I thought it was fun to post this here :)

Tweets re Spock episode:

By @billprady: Met @TheRealNimoy yesterday. Behaved in a (mostly) professional and mature manner. @SteveMolaro disagrees.

By @TheRealNimoy : Had a great time working on The Big Bang Theory.. What a wonderful collection of talent ! Many thanks for the warm welcome. LLAP

@Kyzzx - thanks so much for the first-hand information! It's great to know that Nimoy has a prolonged voice cameo. Bring it on, I say. :)

@Matt - Nice to know you met Mayim when she was younger, good for you! She always comes across as an intelligent, down-to-eath person in her interviews.

Yeah, but the Lollipop Guild love Amy and the relationship stuff. It's gotten them the highest ratings ever and I don't see anyway they will change.

Well they could do relationships and not change the characters

Relationships change people, let's face it. Especially people who were totally inadequate for relationships to begin with.

Going by the fact that the original description of the show was - 'A woman who moves into an apartment next door to two brilliant but socially awkward physicists shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory' - and not - 'Four brilliant but socially awkward physicists play video games and do nerdy things together for 8 - 10 years' - it would seem that this was being written for the Lollipop Guild to begin with. It was always meant to be about how the nerdy guys change as a result of their tryst with the outside universe via Penny. That change, in the real world, includes relationships.

And now I'm actually hyperventilating after reading Nimoy's comment about our TBBT folks.

Going by the fact that the original description of the show was - 'A woman who moves into an apartment next door to two brilliant but socially awkward physicists shows them how little they know about life outside of the laboratory' - and not - 'Four brilliant but socially awkward physicists play video games and do nerdy things together for 8 - 10 years' - it would seem that this was being written for the Lollipop Guild to begin with. It was always meant to be about how the nerdy guys change as a result of their tryst with the outside universe via Penny. That change, in the real world, includes relationships.

And now I'm actually hyperventilating after reading Nimoy's comment about our TBBT folks.

Well put :icon_biggrin:

@BazingaFan;

Nope! Nothing like that. Just line up and watch the show. They don't say anything about it.

I just wouldn't want to ruin it for anybody, unless they specifically asked me to. Lol.

I wouldn't want anyone's mind to go into it "pre-blown," as Sheldon would say.

@Kyzzx - thanks so much for the first-hand information! It's great to know that Nimoy has a prolonged voice cameo. Bring it on, I say. :)

@Matt - Nice to know you met Mayim when she was younger, good for you! She always comes across as an intelligent, down-to-eath person in her interviews.

Yeah, but the Lollipop Guild love Amy and the relationship stuff. It's gotten them the highest ratings ever and I don't see anyway they will change.

Well they could do relationships and not change the characters

Relationships change people, let's face it. Especially people who were totally inadequate for relationships to begin with.

Well they could have them in relationships without changing the charcter too much or like they're doing drastically changing them and maybe ruining them.

Well they could have them in relationships without changing the charcter too much or like they're doing drastically changing them and maybe ruining them.

Well, whether the characters are being ruined or not is a matter of subjective opinion. I'm sure there are many like me who find them even more interesting and complex now. I was just pointing out that their changing and being in relationships per se is quite in keeping with the basic premise of the show.

@Moonbase - thanks. :)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Well, whether the characters are being ruined or not is a matter of subjective opinion. I'm sure there are many like me who find them even more interesting and complex now. I was just pointing out that their changing and being in relationships per se is quite in keeping with the basic premise of the show.

Absolutely agree :) Hi Pomita!

I think the change actually makes the show a little better especially for Sheldon. He's socially awkward and doesn't always know how to handle things in a appropriate manner at times and that's what makes it so enjoyable. I find it entertaining to see how he deals with his relationship with Amy because he's very new to this. It's just refreshing plot line because I don't think there is any character on television that is as unique as him. I like seeing a character like Sheldon be thrown in a situations that he's not comfortable in and when he also lacks the skills. It kind of helps him grow as a person.

It's not Sheldon having a girlfriend or being more socially aware even though he was being more socially aware before Amy came along, it's since he has started to date him they have had him due some ridiculous things and episodes.Past Sheldon would be shaking his head at current Sheldon.

It's not Sheldon having a girlfriend or being more socially aware even though he was being more socially aware before Amy came along, it's since he has started to date him they have had him due some ridiculous things and episodes.Past Sheldon would be shaking his head at current Sheldon.

I didn't think it was ridiculous because he still acts like himself, well sort of in a way. I mean he's kind of done some out of character things because may be part of his character is evolving. So far, what we've seen him do was try to please Amy. Like, when she was upset at him for not being supportive of her and when he was acting really cocky about working with her in the lap, its a still very Sheldon way of handling it.

You mean the Sheldon that fot a looom, the one who escaped in the middle of the night to force his entry to a ballpit, or the Sheldon that escaped to another state because he was robbed? what I am trying to say, Sheldon has always acted this way even before Amy... does he do it more often now? yes he does, but all of those past freakouts involved some sort of emotional turnoil for him.... having Amy makes him more prone to them... as it does to everyone who is in a relationship.

Sorry, I have to repost this.

Like, when she was upset at him for not being supportive of her and when he was acting really cocky about working with her in the lap, but it just ended with him with apologizing and saying the right thing. And I don't really see anything wrong with that. It was still handled in a very Sheldon-like manner.

The ballpit was a believable since he was stuck and I could see after being robbed wanting to move to a place that has low crime rate, but I don't remember him shooing away a bird or the fun with flags. I think hanging around penny changed him where he has accepted Amy into his life.

The ballpit was a believable since he was stuck and I could see after being robbed wanting to move to a place that has low crime rate, but I don't remember him shooing away a bird or the fun with flags. I think hanging around penny changed him where he has accepted Amy into his life.

In that, I agree, Penny did influence him in a way that he was able to accept Amy into his life.. quite quckly if you notice. But since then, Amy has taken over that evolution steering wheel of Sheldon's growth and made it even deeper. Penny started it, and now Amy is deepening that influence in him.

Regarding the bird... he was treed by an agry chicken once.. I think that counts LOL

Question -- do you have to sign something saying you can't reveal anything? I could see things getting leaked really fast otherwise!

Nope, not at all! You line up, get your seat, sit down for 4 hours, and leave.

I think they just trust the 150-ish people won't say that much to that many people.

I definitely don't want to ruin it for anybody. I think a lot of fans, who care enough to be there, will feel the same way (hopefully).

Nope, not at all! You line up, get your seat, sit down for 4 hours, and leave.

I think they just trust the 150-ish people won't say that much to that many people.

I definitely don't want to ruin it for anybody. I think a lot of fans, who care enough to be there, will feel the same way (hopefully).

Re bolded: That's is the way it should be imho :)

Yes, I appreciate you're not telling us anything. I was just curious how it was handled.

Looking forward to the show tonight!

I think the change actually makes the show a little better especially for Sheldon. He's socially awkward and doesn't always know how to handle things in a appropriate manner at times and that's what makes it so enjoyable. I find it entertaining to see how he deals with his relationship with Amy because he's very new to this. It's just refreshing plot line because I don't think there is any character on television that is as unique as him. I like seeing a character like Sheldon be thrown in a situations that he's not comfortable in and when he also lacks the skills. It kind of helps him grow as a person.

Yes, that's exactly how I see Amy's contribution to Sheldon's character development.

Hello, Sursonica, good to see you here. :) New around these parts, I think?

I may attempt to get tickets at some point. Good excuse for a holiday :icon_biggrin:

How does one get tickets? Any tricks or advice? :icon_wink:

I may attempt to get tickets at some point. Good excuse for a holiday :icon_biggrin:

I would like to know as well. The Audiences Unlimited thing sure isn't working out for me. :icon_mad:

I would like to know as well. The Audiences Unlimited thing sure isn't working out for me. :icon_mad:

What's the Audiences Unlimited? :icon_idea:

It would be very cool if those who already managed to snag tickets would share their experience...

I live in New York, but I wouldn't mind a California vacation to catch my favorite show, live! :icon_cheesygrin:

What's the Audiences Unlimited? :icon_idea:

It would be very cool if those who already managed to snag tickets would share their experience...

I live in New York, but I wouldn't mind a California vacation to catch my favorite show, live! :icon_cheesygrin:

Go to the 'Main Site' at the top of the page. Look in the navigation box on the left side. Click on 'Tickets'. It will direct you to the Audiences Unlimited site.