The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.19 The Weekend Vortex (March 8)

How do you rate this episode?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I saw The Weekend Vortex today and I liked it! It definitely wasn't bad.

However, the March 29th show... you guys are soooo in for a treat. I had no idea it was the Leonard Nimoy/Spock show! I knew the cameo was coming up but honestly had no idea. I sat down and my dad was looking at the program and said, "Woah, Leonard Nimoy?" and I immediately turned to him and I was speechless. My sister could only describe me as looking like this:

nXv13.jpg

So then I looked at the program ( 2ZluP.jpg) and nearly started hyperventilating.

He was totally there, and all the cast were bowing at his feet! Funny, cute, and touching at the same time. He flashed a Vulcan salute to everyone. It was a great episode overall, and he was in the episode for a good amount of time. It wasn't just some 20 second cameo.

That's all I can say about that...

It's funny they mention Mayim on the program, she isn't in this episode I believe.

He may be an adult but I don't know if I'd call him a full grown man

Maybe you should check out this short little scrawny guy called Audie Murphy. He couldn't get into the Marines, the Navy, or the regular Army. They all said that he was too short and too skinny. He got a friend of the family to help him get into the Texas National Guard. Since I am fairly sure that you have never heard of him, google his name. Just a hint, this little guy who by the way was shorter then Leonard and therefore not a "full grown man" made Rambo look like a pansy, only he did it for real.

I know who Audie Murphy was, a highly decorated soldier, who if I remember correctly took prisoner of many german soldiers by himself one day. I know him from movies and I googled him once because I wanted to know about his movie career and I couldn't believe that he was this amazing war hero.

I saw The Weekend Vortex today and I liked it! It definitely wasn't bad.

However, the March 29th show... you guys are soooo in for a treat. I had no idea it was the Leonard Nimoy/Spock show! I knew the cameo was coming up but honestly had no idea. I sat down and my dad was looking at the program and said, "Woah, Leonard Nimoy?" and I immediately turned to him and I was speechless. My sister could only describe me as looking like this:

nXv13.jpg

So then I looked at the program ( 2ZluP.jpg) and nearly started hyperventilating.

He was totally there, and all the cast were bowing at his feet! Funny, cute, and touching at the same time. He flashed a Vulcan salute to everyone. It was a great episode overall, and he was in the episode for a good amount of time. It wasn't just some 20 second cameo.

That's all I can say about that...

It's funny they mention Mayim on the program, she isn't in this episode I believe.

He may be an adult but I don't know if I'd call him a full grown man

Maybe you should check out this short little scrawny guy called Audie Murphy. He couldn't get into the Marines, the Navy, or the regular Army. They all said that he was too short and too skinny. He got a friend of the family to help him get into the Texas National Guard. Since I am fairly sure that you have never heard of him, google his name. Just a hint, this little guy who by the way was shorter then Leonard and therefore not a "full grown man" made Rambo look like a pansy, only he did it for real.

I know who Audie Murphy was, a highly decorated soldier, who if I remember correctly took prisoner of many german soldiers by himself one day. I know him from movies and I googled him once because I wanted to know about his movie career and I couldn't believe that he was this amazing war hero.

You are confusing Alvin York, WW1, with Audie Murphy, WW2. Alvin York captured close to 150 German soldiers. Audie Murphy was the most decorated U.S. military member of WW2. He didn't capture many Germans but he did kill allot of them.

I think Jim Parson is gaining weight too. Maybe for his new role in Harvey?

When I was at a taping in January for 5.15, I noticed that it looked like he was bulking up. No doubt he's definitely filled out (looks healthy) because in seasons 1 and 2 he was skinny.

At the taping on Tuesday, he looked slimmer than he did in January by a lot. He doesn't have the little belly any more.

He was on Ellen recently and they were talking about him turning 39. He said he started working out and he just wants to be healthy and take care of himself. It's probably a mix. :)

Do you think that's the reason for the longer hair, too? Or was it just a coincidence that they did an episode about a haircut?

I noticed that. Compare him now with the first episode-big difference! Those size Medium T-Shirts aren't going to fit much longer! I don't know if the money is going to his head or not, but it certainly is going everywhere else. Or it could be what you guys said.

It's funny they mention Mayim on the program' date=' she isn't in this episode I believe.[/quote']

She's still technically (since the 4th season, I think?) part of the main cast, so all those names are there, whether or not they are in it... Since characters like Stuart and Kripke go under "guest appearances."

I just watched the episode again. I am really beginning to think that they told Jim Parsons to start being different on purpose. Have you noticed, even the way he looks at people when they are talking to him, is different? He used to have an expression like he was trying to figure out what was being said, or that he was somewhat removed, hard to describe, but it was there. But now, he looks like he is actually listening to what is being said, or cares about what is being said (like when Amy throws her "fit"). Hard to put into words, but he is just different, and it's not the weight or the hair to me. It is throwing me off some, and maybe this is part of why his acting is so brilliant, when I can tell that he is different even when he is just sitting there.

Anyone else notice this? I loved this episode, don't get me wrong! Maybe I am analyzing too much?

I liked the Penny and Leonard scene. I thought that the both of them made a nice couple. I also noticed that Penny was looking better. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that because of her injuries from falling from the horse the actress was given steroids to help her heal faster.

For one that is the most ridiculous statement ever that was a year and a half ago and if she was given that she wouldn't look like she does she's just back to her normal exercise routine and was probably given pain medicine for it.

I just watched the episode again. I am really beginning to think that they told Jim Parsons to start being different on purpose. Have you noticed, even the way he looks at people when they are talking to him, is different? He used to have an expression like he was trying to figure out what was being said, or that he was somewhat removed, hard to describe, but it was there. But now, he looks like he is actually listening to what is being said, or cares about what is being said (like when Amy throws her "fit"). Hard to put into words, but he is just different, and it's not the weight or the hair to me. It is throwing me off some, and maybe this is part of why his acting is so brilliant, when I can tell that he is different even when he is just sitting there.

Anyone else notice this? I loved this episode, don't get me wrong! Maybe I am analyzing too much?

I don't know it could be but if it's not broke don't fix or change it.

When I was at a taping in January for 5.15, I noticed that it looked like he was bulking up. No doubt he's definitely filled out (looks healthy) because in seasons 1 and 2 he was skinny.

Do you think that's the reason for the longer hair, too? Or was it just a coincidence that they did an episode about a haircut?

Yeah, I think it's for the show. I just started watching season 4 (ooooh, I'm digging Amy so far, LOL!), and I was taken aback by how THIN and FAMISHED Sheldon looked in the first couple of episodes! But then I remembered - right after season 4 Jim Parson did a Broadway show where he played a dying AIDS patient, so the thinness and unhealthy look actually made sense.

I guess we'll find out if our theory is correct when we watch Harvey. :icon_wink:

I just watched the episode again. I am really beginning to think that they told Jim Parsons to start being different on purpose. Have you noticed, even the way he looks at people when they are talking to him, is different? ...

Hard to put into words, but he is just different, and it's not the weight or the hair to me...

Anyone else notice this?

I agree. Sheldon had changed. It's very subtle, but it's not just the weight or the hair. I wonder if that's due to director's or actor's choice.

This is the first episode where it's a little believable about penny and Leonard and chemistry is okay and it wasn't boring like it usually is, but if they are going to have to have real couple talks of their interests and what not if they have any that explains the reason for their dating and the reason for them wanting to date one another or attraction from both parties, but this episode is a start.

I thought it was just an okay episode. Was expecting much more from the little scoop Tripper posted at first.

Was disappointed in Sheldon for not sticking to the rules of the girl/boy friend agreement. Amy clearly followed all of his rules here.... He normally prides on following those agreements...first time I felt actually sorry for Amy.

Also thought the boys ( Howard & Leonard ) would have tried to make him keep his promise, as they are in the same position & would not like to break a promise made to their girlfriends

It was very refreshing to have a Penny/ Amy conversation without any of the lesbian Amy remarks. Now it felt like really watching a girls friendship that Amy could benefit from!

Also I have noticed Penny is dressing a different way, top parts aren't that showing anymore..weird but something that I noticed & liked.

The whip sound was fun at times & the only time I laughed out loud was when you heard Howard's Mom scream at the end of the episode about the bekakte stairs & stuff...

A bit disappointed in all....

This is the first episode where it's a little believable about penny and Leonard and chemistry is okay and it wasn't boring like it usually is, but if they are going to have to have real couple talks of their interests and what not if they have any that explains the reason for their dating and the reason for them wanting to date one another or attraction from both parties, but this episode is a start.

I agree. I am one who thinks Penny and Leonard have zero chemistry between them and this episode is a start in creating that chemistry. I hope it continues.

I liked the Penny and Leonard scene. I thought that the both of them made a nice couple. I also noticed that Penny was looking better. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that because of her injuries from falling from the horse the actress was given steroids to help her heal faster.

For one that is the most ridiculous statement ever that was a year and a half ago and if she was given that she wouldn't look like she does she's just back to her normal exercise routine and was probably given pain medicine for it.

Let me be clearer. I was talking about earlier last season when she looked like she had put on some weight and also looked a little puffy. One of the things that Doctors sometimes do if you are injured and have tissue damage is prescribe steroids to help heal the injury and help rebuild the tissue. I had that done to me when I got dinged in the leg. The results are sometimes weight gain and a sort of puffy look in your facial area. This is not the same as athletes who abuse illegal steroids to enhance their athletic performance. That is dangerous. There is a big difference. If she did take some it was under doctor's orders and under strict supervision to help her heal and is a common and accepted medical treatment. If you think it is one of the most ridiculous statements that you have ever heard perhaps you need to become better informed. Another point that I was making in that statement is that any weight gain or change to her appearance may not have been because she was over eating while she was unable to exercise but due to part of her healing process.

Yeah, I think it's for the show. I just started watching season 4 (ooooh, I'm digging Amy so far, LOL!), and I was taken aback by how THIN and FAMISHED Sheldon looked in the first couple of episodes! But then I remembered - right after season 4 Jim Parson did a Broadway show where he played a dying AIDS patient, so the thinness and unhealthy look actually made sense.

I guess we'll find out if our theory is correct when we watch Harvey. :icon_wink:

I just watched the episode again. I am really beginning to think that they told Jim Parsons to start being different on purpose. Have you noticed, even the way he looks at people when they are talking to him, is different? ...

Hard to put into words, but he is just different, and it's not the weight or the hair to me...

Anyone else notice this?

I agree. Sheldon had changed. It's very subtle, but it's not just the weight or the hair. I wonder if that's due to director's or actor's choice.

I like the change...he's becoming more human. I don't like the hair though....it doesn't suit him ....it should be short again :) As for the weight...he looks great now...He looked really skinny up until season 4 and imho that wasn't healthy.

ANY REASON DID NOT SEE KALEY IN THE OPENING

CREIDTS OF THE SHOW. SHE IS THE THIRD PERSON

ON THE LIST BEHIDE JOHN, JIM. WAS IT A MISTAKE

BY SOME ONE ON THE SHOW.

Let me be clearer. I was talking about earlier last season when she looked like she had put on some weight and also looked a little puffy. One of the things that Doctors sometimes do if you are injured and have tissue damage is prescribe steroids to help heal the injury and help rebuild the tissue. I had that done to me when I got dinged in the leg. The results are sometimes weight gain and a sort of puffy look in your facial area. This is not the same as athletes who abuse illegal steroids to enhance their athletic performance. That is dangerous. There is a big difference. If she did take some it was under doctor's orders and under strict supervision to help her heal and is a common and accepted medical treatment. If you think it is one of the most ridiculous statements that you have ever heard perhaps you need to become better informed. Another point that I was making in that statement is that any weight gain or change to her appearance may not have been because she was over eating while she was unable to exercise but due to part of her healing process.

Well considering all she did was break her leg all they probably did was reset her leg and maybe put pins in it to heal properly and gave painkillers, I can't see why they would feel the need yo give her 'roids.

I agree. I am one who thinks Penny and Leonard have zero chemistry between them and this episode is a start in creating that chemistry. I hope it continues.

You're not the only one and then there's the ones who think they're the greatest thing ever. But if they are going to be a couple the need to have scenes like this, I'm not sure if you can create chemistry but I think you can write good scenes for them.

BY SOME ONE ON THE SHOW.

I doubt it she's not going to be in every scene.

I wish they had penny playing video games with the guys I miss that plus it's been forever since she played or just hung out with them.

I agree with about sheldon's hair I don't know if it's intentional or not from either the show or Jim but it's way too short, sometimes my barber cuts a little too much, don't know if this is what happened.

BY SOME ONE ON THE SHOW.

Geez, you're right. She was in the episode, but her name was missing from the opening credits. Her agent is probly gonna give them hell for that.

BY SOME ONE ON THE SHOW.

Geez, you're right. She was in the episode, but her name was missing from the opening credits. Her agent is probly gonna give them hell for that.

I just looked at it, too.

Yikes.

BY SOME ONE ON THE SHOW.

Yikes.

Wait kaley's name is missing in the opening credits? I'm going to have to start paying more attention to this, was anyone else, I bet kaley's people immediately called the show when they noticed that, not sure how they did that.

BY SOME ONE ON THE SHOW.

Yikes.

Wait kaley's name is missing in the opening credits? I'm going to have to start paying more attention to this, was anyone else, I bet kaley's people immediately called the show when they noticed that, not sure how they did that.

Yeah, it totally went -> Johnny, Jim, Simon, Kunal, Mayim, Melissa. Whoops.

Well I'm sure kaley's team let the show know as soon as it happened, I'm not even sure how that could happen.

"Well considering all she did was break her leg all they probably did was reset her leg and maybe put pins in it to heal properly and gave painkillers, I can't see why they would feel the need yo give her 'roids."

You are still thinking of "roids" as though she was some athlete taking them to gain muscle mass and how terrible they are. Like most medications, if done under a doctor's supervision they are beneficial. They speed up the healing process. Your point of view is like saying there are morphine addicts therefore morphine is bad and no one should ever take them, and if they do they are bad people.

"Well considering all she did was break her leg all they probably did was reset her leg and maybe put pins in it to heal properly and gave painkillers, I can't see why they would feel the need yo give her 'roids."

You are still thinking of "roids" as though she was some athlete taking them to gain muscle mass and how terrible they are. Like most medications, if done under a doctor's supervision they are beneficial. They speed up the healing process. Your point of view is like saying there are morphine addicts therefore morphine is bad and no one should ever take them, and if they do they are bad people.

Well what's the differene in giving Kaley a steroid which there are other medicines to give her but I seriously doubt they did that, or a pro or college athelte breaking their leg which a doctor wouldn't give them any kind of steroid since it would set off a positive test and that doctor would be banned from all sports, so kaley's doctor probably gave her what he would give a athelte if he gave her anything since she's so young her body probably healed fast.