The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.19 The Weekend Vortex (March 8)

How do you rate this episode?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

"Well considering all she did was break her leg all they probably did was reset her leg and maybe put pins in it to heal properly and gave painkillers, I can't see why they would feel the need yo give her 'roids."

You are still thinking of "roids" as though she was some athlete taking them to gain muscle mass and how terrible they are. Like most medications, if done under a doctor's supervision they are beneficial. They speed up the healing process. Your point of view is like saying there are morphine addicts therefore morphine is bad and no one should ever take them, and if they do they are bad people.

Well what's the differene in giving Kaley a steroid which there are other medicines to give her but I seriously doubt they did that, or a pro or college athelte breaking their leg which a doctor wouldn't give them any kind of steroid since it would set off a positive test and that doctor would be banned from all sports, so kaley's doctor probably gave her what he would give a athelte if he gave her anything since she's so young her body probably healed fast.

Have you ever had a serious leg injury? I have to the left knee and right calf, and one of the medications given to me by military doctors was as a steroid. Your analogy that doctors wouldn't give an injured college athlete steroids for injury because the athlete would come up positive on a urine test and the doctor would be banned from all sports is incorrect. If the injury was well documented and the proscribed steroid is the usual type and strength given for that type of injury then there is no problem for a positive steroid test. Even if it was true, why in the world would a regular doctor be restricted in how he treats his patient by rules set up by the NCAA if she is not a college athlete? That doesn't make sense.

If would make sense because the doctor would be supplying the athlete with a steroid.

I know there were no specific lesbian comments but there was a definite allusion in that direction, when it seemed apparent that holding Penny's hair back while she threw up was a good alternative to going to the science centre with Sheldon. That little part spoiled the scene IMO.

As for the rest of the ep, REALLY funny. Loved Penny's suggestion that Sheldon hasn't reached puberty yet. :D I loved Raj's speech too, but found myself thinking afterwards it would have been awesome if he was so upset that he had made that speech WITHOUT being drunk!

I know there were no specific lesbian comments but there was a definite allusion in that direction, when it seemed apparent that holding Penny's hair back while she threw up was a good alternative to going to the science centre with Sheldon.

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing about this scene.

I know there were no specific lesbian comments but there was a definite allusion in that direction, when it seemed apparent that holding Penny's hair back while she threw up was a good alternative to going to the science centre with Sheldon. That little part spoiled the scene IMO.

As for the rest of the ep, REALLY funny. Loved Penny's suggestion that Sheldon hasn't reached puberty yet. :D I loved Raj's speech too, but found myself thinking afterwards it would have been awesome if he was so upset that he had made that speech WITHOUT being drunk!

Sorry but i don't see how anyone can think that penny saying Amy holding her hair back is anything sexual or a lesbian comment, plus after raj's little scene he made her going to Sheldon wasn't an option at the mment.

I'll reserve judgement on that now and wait to see what they trot out in the next episode.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just reading some of the comments about Sheldon's hair and weight gain, and I also think he physically looks a lot better although I hate that hairstyle on him. As for his physique I remembered a music video he was in a while back (can't remember what it was for but he played a bunch of different characters) and he was insanely skinny in the swimming trunks. He definitely looks a lot better now.

I know there were no specific lesbian comments but there was a definite allusion in that direction, when it seemed apparent that holding Penny's hair back while she threw up was a good alternative to going to the science centre with Sheldon.

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing about this scene.

Agreed, I thought the same.

I'm not sure how y'all can imply holding hair back while throwing up is an alternative to lesbian.

If would make sense because the doctor would be supplying the athlete with a steroid.

What doesn't make sense is if a regular doctor would restrict how he treats a patient under rules set down under the NCAA if the patient is not a college athlete. Also the NCAA does allow the use of steroids on an athlete if it is under a doctor's supervision and he uses the appropriate type and dosage of steroid for that particular injury. I don't see what is so hard to understand about that.

I'm not sure how y'all can imply holding hair back while throwing up is an alternative to lesbian.

Because everyone is different and people have different opinions? That's why it's a discussion forum.

One thing that Penny definitely gets from hooking up with Leonard is that her kids will not grow up in a house with wheels, like her father is afraid of.

Well considering that not only does she not live in nebraska anymore why would he think that. Plus that's not really on her mind she came to California to be a famous actress not marry some guy that she marry and would live in a actual house.

So only people who live in Nebraska live in homes with wheels? They don't have any in California? Does her coming to California to be a famous actress mean that she is going to be a famous actress? Is she going to hit the big time in her acting career and her next big commercial is going to deal with bladder control instead of butt cream? As to why would her father think that, I believe that if anyone paid any attention at all to the episode they would pick up on the fact that Penny's father has a very low opinion of the type of guys that she has always dated with the exception of Leonard, and believes that is precisely where she will end up.

So only people who live in Nebraska live in homes with wheels? They don't have any in California? Does her coming to California to be a famous actress mean that she is going to be a famous actress? Is she going to hit the big time in her acting career and her next big commercial is going to deal with bladder control instead of butt cream? As to why would her father think that, I believe that if anyone paid any attention at all to the episode they would pick up on the fact that Penny's father has a very low opinion of the type of guys that she has always dated with the exception of Leonard, and believes that is precisely where she will end up.

No i didn't say that about Nebraska, she came to california for a reason not to marry some guy, yes her dad has a low opinion of her not that he's going to win any awards, and if she ends with him she's settling.

Yeah she's settling because she has accomplished so much and her future looks sooooo bright. Or it will just as soon as she finishes off that last 6 pack.

And yes, you did say that. quote:

"Well considering that not only does she not live in nebraska anymore why would he think that."

maybe it is maybe it isn't but if she got with him she'd be settling, she doesn't drink a 6 pack get off of that.

She doesn't drink a six pack? You mean she is a cheap drunk? Well there's a plus in her favor. "Penny is the type of girl that you can get hammered with only a couple of drinks then have fun with". Wahoo! There's plenty of guys who would want to go out with a girl like that.

Back on topic, I'd just like to add my two cents about the hair-holding comment from Penny. To me, it came off as something that Amy would like to do because she probably has the idea that getting drunk together is something that friends do to bond, and holding each other's hair while they puke is something that good friends just do for each other. Therefore, having the opportunity to do something that "popular" people do with Penny could come off as a "bonding moment" for someone as quirky as Amy. That's how I see it, so I don't really see it as a lesbian joke.

i loved the grand theft auto reference in this ep. especially sheldons reaction.

and pennys line about sheldon not hitting puberty yet was gold.

Now I'm a moron. Is that a personal attack? Did you really want to start down that road? Isn't that sort of like bringing a knife to a gun fight? What was Penny drinking in the last episode? Was it wine? No. Was it whiskey? No. Was it vodka? No. Was is gin? Once again, no. What could it have been? I do believe that it was BEER. What was it you called me again, a moron? Wow.

By the way, I never said that Penny wouldn't be a fun girl to go out with, I am saying she isn't the kind of girl you would want to hang around with very long.

Well i don't see you with a gun maybe there isn't one.

If penny isn't so fun then why does the gang continue to hang out with i'll tell you because they would've done anything to hang out with her in high school plus she's a great person

Let me try to decipher your post.......

"Well i don't see you with a gun maybe you're theisn't one."

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. By the way, was Penny drinking beer or not? You did call me a moron for saying that she does drink beer didn't you?

Now to work on your second paragraph.

"If penny isn't so fun then why does the gang continue to hang out with i'll tell you because they would've done anything to hang out with her in high school plus she's a great person"

I think it should read "If Penny isn't fun, then why does the gang continue to hand out with her." Then I think that it should read "I'll tell you why, because they would have done anything to be able to hang out with her in high school, plus she's a great person".

Is that correct?

Basically your second paragraph is correct in my opinion. They hang out with her because she looks hot. Just how long will that last do you think? This last episode she showed up at their apartment, made a fool out of herself, then had to leave to go home and throw up. I goes not yacking on their rug makes her a great person.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. By the way, was Penny drinking beer or not? You did call me a moron for saying that she does drink beer didn't you?

"If penny isn't so fun then why does the gang continue to hang out with i'll tell you because they would've done anything to hang out with her in high school plus she's a great person"

I think it should read "If Penny isn't fun, then why does the gang continue to hand out with her." Then I think that it should read "I'll tell you why, because they would have done anything to be able to hang out with her in high school, plus she's a great person".

Is that correct?

Basically your second paragraph is correct in my opinion. They hang out with her because she looks hot. Just how long will that last do you think? This last episode she showed up at their apartment, made a fool out of herself, then had to leave to go home and throw up. I goes not yacking on their rug makes her a great person.

Actually know my post doesn't agree with yours and the guys are perfect so i doubt they look at her faults like you seem to be the only one that does.

I think it should read "If Penny isn't fun, then why does the gang continue to hang out with her." Then I think that it should read "I'll tell you why, because they would have done anything to be able to hang out with her in high school, plus she's a great person".

Is that correct?

Actually know my post doesn't agree with yours and the guys are perfect so i doubt they look at her faults like you seem to be the only one that does.

Did you mean "I know" or "no,"?

Should the paragraph read " Actually, I know my post doesn't agree with yours, and (you think?) the guys are perfect but I doubt that they look at her like you (do?). You seem to be the only one that does."

Is that about right?

No, I don't think that that guys are perfect. And no, I am not the only one that looks at her that way. There have been others who agree with me, although I have noticed that not one single person agreed with your tirade against Leonard for comparing himself to a wild stallion. Perhaps it was a bit of a stretch on your part for that one.

I think it should read "If Penny isn't fun, then why does the gang continue to hang out with her." Then I think that it should read "I'll tell you why, because they would have done anything to be able to hang out with her in high school, plus she's a great person".

Is that correct?

Should the paragraph read " Actually, I know my post doesn't agree with yours, and (you think?) the guys are perfect but I doubt that they look at her like you (do?). You seem to be the only one that does."

Is that about right?

No, I don't think that that guys are perfect. And no, I am not the only one that looks at her that way. There have been others who agree with me, although I have noticed that not one single person agreed with your tirade against Leonard for comparing himself to a wild stallion. Perhaps it was a bit of a stretch on your part for that one.

Maybe they need to

Is that correct?

Is that about right?

Maybe they need to

Or perhaps no one believes that you have a valid point.