Kyzzx

Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

Do you go to the theaters/ cinema?

What was the last movie you saw?

I watched The Descendants earlier (I know I was a little late on that one). Fantastic.

I work at a theater so I see everything, regardless of whether I know it is going to be a crappy movie.

I'll hit the cinemas if there's something that I MUST see on the big screen (or the fiancee makes me lol)

Last movie I saw was Star Wars Ep 1 in 3D... absolute waste.

Other than that, The Descendants and TinTin.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Brilliant movie, before that the new Sherlock Holmes , it was OK. Hugo and Tintin also, which were both excellent.

Most of the time I watched the movie in my house with my family because of my busy schedule. MI4 was my last movie that watch in theater with my friends.

Going to the Cinema is a favourite Hobby of mine, but of course grown up, getting jobs and getting married soon puts this on a back burner, and now I go when I can or want to really see something.

The last film I saw was the Woman in Black, and I think the film before that was the Fast five (can't be too sure tho)

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Back to the Future... and no, I'm not joking. They re-premiered it on theatres here in my country last year and it has been on since then. The kind of move you've seen a 1000 times but you still want to watch again, specially at the cinema

• Like 1

Took the boys (15, 7) to see Star Wars I in 3D. For the youngest, it was his first time seeing Ep I on the big screen. We had a blast...

I'd like to see the terribly inaccurate Tuskeegee Airmen film next, if I can get there before it leaves the theaters.

I watched Project X and The Lorax the other night. The Lorax was really good!

Project X was surprisingly entertaining. Better than half the other crap out right now (A Thousand Words cough cough).

Today I watched Silent House because my friend wanted to see it. It was okay. Definitely wasn't horrible, but I'm not really into those kinds of movies.

Saw 21 Jump Street as well. Pleasantly surprised! It was funny.

I go on a regular base, usually with my sister, as we have similar taste in movies.

Last one we saw was "Hope Springs" with Meryl Streep,Tommy Lee Jones & Steve Carrell.

Great movie & Jones is amazing. But we knew that..Before that we saw "Brave" Cool Pixar mvie

Next on the list is a DO NOT MISS one aka "The Hobbit An unexpected Journey" :icon_mrgreen:

Edited by Jacks

I go to the theater about once or twice a month, depending on my schedule, my finances and what's showing.

I just saw Argo--GREAT film, and it also resonated for me for a couple of reasons--first, I'm old enough to remember the Iran Hostage crisis when it was happening, though I don't remember ever hearing about the incidents depicted in this film (most of the story was classified until just recently), and secondly, one of my good friends now works for the State Department in an emabassy overseas and sometimes I worry about him because of all that's going on in the world.

Anyway, it was great. :)

"21 Jump Street" back in March (I hardly ever go to the movies but I need to start going to the movies more often)

I go to the theater about once or twice a month, depending on my schedule, my finances and what's showing.

I just saw Argo--GREAT film, and it also resonated for me for a couple of reasons--first, I'm old enough to remember the Iran Hostage crisis when it was happening, though I don't remember ever hearing about the incidents depicted in this film (most of the story was classified until just recently), and secondly, one of my good friends now works for the State Department in an emabassy overseas and sometimes I worry about him because of all that's going on in the world.

Anyway, it was great. :)

That's what I've been hearing, and it's selling a lot of tickets at my theater. The trailer didn't really capture me, but I know too many people who want to go see it, so I'll end up watching it and I'll probably like it.

Recently saw:

Looper - 5 stars! Absolutely incredible, but I love Rian Johnson and JGL. Great production all around.

Frankenweenie - great. If you like Tim Burton's stuff, you'll like it. Good story, funny moments, awesome stop-motion.

Hotel Transylvania - cute, but really predictable, boring at times.

The Possession - also boring, most 'horror' movies aren't that great. But I hear Sinister is actually pretty good, so I'll go see that.

I always wanna go but I simply forget it and then I´m surprised that the movie is already out on DVD ^_^

But I already marked the 13th December when The Hobbit comes out.

It was back in -96

and the movie was Mission Impossible I

I went only because I got free ticket.

I do not like movie theatres. I have very good hearing, so the voice level in the theatre is way too loud for me.

-and there are always buch of noisy kids making racket. Or so I have heard.

Funny thing: Sheldon dislikes bus seats, but has no problem about movie theatre seats. Bit of an oversight by the writers, I feel.

Funny thing: Sheldon dislikes bus seats, but has no problem about movie theatre seats. Bit of an oversight by the writers, I feel.

As I work at a theater, I can confirm theater seats are disgusting and need maintenance cleaning very, very regularly and I know not everyone calls in the service to do it.

If there's something I want to see, yes. The last movie I saw in theaters was ParaNorman, and I loved it. It surpassed my expectations. I was expecting another animated movie with no interesting characters and a shallow plot, but it turned out to have great characters, a plot that had you guessing what was going on the whole time, and the humor was great, too. And yes, I'm not ashamed to say it did make me cry, since the reason everything happened was because a young girl was murdered a long time ago. I also loved the part near the end when the guy Courtney had a crush on turned out to have a boyfriend. That was an unexpected twist! xD

But anyway, back on topic. I don't go to the movies often, usually 3 or 4 times a year. So I voted "occasionally".

I prefer at home DVD's but sometimes friends/family "just gatta go".

If I have to go out and see a movie I like the Drive In (yes in So. Cal. we still have several.

The last movie I saw outside the home was The 3 Stooges (went with family). I felt like a stooge for watching it instead of watching the reruns on TV.