The Big Bang Theory Forums
Kyzzx

Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

2 hours ago, Carlos said:

You definitely should as this one is a continuation of the themes of the first one. When you see the original this will make even more sense.

It is on my "Must see movies list" for next weekends!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, No Regrets said:

Just watched Thor: Ragnarok and it was phenomenal. Best Thor movie so far.

Oh it's good? I'm seeing it tonight. 

3 hours ago, 3ku11 said:

Oh it's good? I'm seeing it tonight. 

It's way more epic than the first two. Also laughed out loud several times.

A Bad Moms Christmas

Liked it less than the first one, but Christine Baranski played Mila Kunis' mom and she was great as always.

Saw Thor. Loved it. Definately the best Thor. Def a smart decision to go in another direction. Waitiki was  a genius move. The Mythology stuff you could argue inaccurate or not, but did not bother me. Chris Hemsworth continues to do great stuff with the character of Thor. Great casting all round too. Goldblum was great per usual. Some kiwi casting too. And I Could tell as taste of kiwi humor was added into the franchise.. Mark and Chris were really funny together. 9/10.

On 11/9/2017 at 12:41 AM, No Regrets said:

A Bad Moms Christmas

Liked it less than the first one, but Christine Baranski played Mila Kunis' mom and she was great as always.

I saw A Bad Moms Christmas last Saturday and loved it! Christine was a real scene-stealer! :D

The Shape of Water 

It is a beautiful, touching and creative fantasy. One of a kind imo. Really enjoyed it!

Calling me by your name: a beautiful story of love and friendship. Loved it!

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: a dark comedy filled of great performances. I would not be surprised if Frances McDormand won the oscar!

Lady Bird: two strong female characters whose interactions between each other and with others are fascinating and in some ways controversal. I would not be surprised if Laurie Metcalf won the oscar, what outstanding performance!

Just came back from Ready Player One. Directed by Spielberg. Loved it! Sci Fi at its best. Pretty much a love note to the 80s. Various pop culture references. Almost a cross between Avatar and Fifth Element. Great young cast. Particularly the two protagonists played by Tye Sheridan and Olivia Cooke. Had strong on screen Chemistry. Plot was basically set in a futuraistic world in 2049. In Columbus Ohio. Where the Virtual World Oasis runs the world basically. The creator creates a paradox. Where its kinda like decyphring a code in a computer. Incorporated by the Designers life and experiences. The protagonist Wade Understood him the most. So ended up saving the world from the Antagonist. Who was planning to monotise the Virtual World. One of the virtual worlds thy go into is The Shining. Which was just a diversion into one of his experiences. Where one time he went on a date with his future partners wife. Regrets not taking more chances. I Thought it was a timely movie full of nostalgia. Where now or 40 years from now. We do escape to a viritual world to get away from our reality. But reality is the only place where things are real.

The Quiet Place. Brilliant. One of the best films seen in decades. I Think Get Out last year really revolutinized the Horror Genre. And This film was really great in the fact it was not reliant on dialogue. It was all done in Silence, and Sign Language. Really Unique. 

On 4/30/2018 at 4:55 AM, 3ku11 said:

The Quiet Place. Brilliant. One of the best films seen in decades. I Think Get Out last year really revolutinized the Horror Genre. And This film was really great in the fact it was not reliant on dialogue. It was all done in Silence, and Sign Language. Really Unique. 

Love it!

Anna Faris and Eugenio Derbez's Overboard. LOVED IT!

Just watched Avengers Infinity War last night. Loved it! They did the impossible. Really Funny too. Could see Thor: Ragnork influence their. Ending vague too. Wonder if they well do another one? Well see. Chris Hemsworth is going to be a huge star.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:03 AM, 3ku11 said:

Just watched Avengers Infinity War last night. Loved it! They did the impossible. Really Funny too. Could see Thor: Ragnork influence their. Ending vague too. Wonder if they well do another one? Well see. Chris Hemsworth is going to be a huge star.

Avengers: Infinity War was only part 1. The next part comes out next year. 😎

I haven't seen a movie in a theater is so many years. Probably was Pure Country with George Strait. That was many, many, many moons ago. I just don't like going to the movies any more. I'll just wait and watch them on DVD.

I saw Solo last night as well really enjoyed it. Thought it was better than Rogue one. Casting was all around solid. Particularly Lando. Actor who played Solo really got Hans manniersims correct. Solid SW Flick. 

I'm interested in watching mamma mia 2