The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kyzzx

Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

I prefer at home DVD's but sometimes friends/family "just gatta go".

If I have to go out and see a movie I like the Drive In (yes in So. Cal. we still have several.

The last movie I saw outside the home was The 3 Stooges (went with family). I felt like a stooge for watching it instead of watching the reruns on TV.

Those Drive In places must make you feel nostalgic. I mean they are a relic from the time you were a kid, right?

-any nice memories you want to share with us about you, the Drive In and the sheriffs daughter?

Edited by Sherminator

SHERMINATOR, Have you been peeking?

Sorry, no stories will be told @ this time, perhaps later (SOMEBODY remind me next week, I have a beautiful {LONG} story about my first date with my wife).

I went to see Cloud Atlas last weekend and I LOVED IT!!!

It's a little bit like channel surfing and watching five movies at once, but if you're the kind of person who knows how to pay attention, then the various timelines and settings won't be confusing. I never felt confused and if you pay attention you can see all the parallels of the stories.

I loved the way they used most of the actors over and over in different roles, even crossing genders with some of the actors.

Hugo Weaving...scary!

The "message" was a little mumbo-jumbo-ish and not necessarily some big new revelation, but the story-telling was great. Funny, sad, suspenseful, action packed. You have sailing ships, space travel (implied, at least), car chases, explosions, beautiful landscapes, post-modern dystopias, post-apocalyptic society, love, hate, fear, music, goats...

Lots of stuff in this film!

SHERMINATOR, Have you been peeking?

Sorry, no stories will be told @ this time, perhaps later (SOMEBODY remind me next week, I have a beautiful {LONG} story about my first date with my wife).

You had a date with you wife? You must be a really busy man, having to arrange date so as to see the missus!!! :icon_twisted:

going to go see Skyfall tomorrow, or perhaps Wednesday. Can't wait, it looks really good. Is anybody else planning to see it?

Skyfall is out where you are? :icon_eek:

Edited by Kyzzx

I saw Seven Psychopaths last week. Tell you what, I thought it was amazing and loved it. One of my favorites of the year. Dark, but funny. Great script, GREAT cast (Sam Rockwell, omg) and just... it was a good story. It tugged on my heart in some scenes! That's always unexpected...

Saw Wreck-it Ralph last night. I wish I could say I 'loved it' but I didn't.

I really liked what they did with Scott Pilgrim vs. The Word, so I was thinking WIR would be similar. It has solid reviews for what it is, but I felt underwhelmed with the dialogue and they did have some video game references in there, but once Ralph meets the little girl character, then the references just sort of stop. So it had a strong beginning in the gaming references area that just kind of dropped off.

It was also pretty long, just a little under 2 hours. Not saying I didn't enjoy it, but I definitely did. The 3D was okay (and I just take advantage of it because I don't pay), but I would tell someone to not pay for 3D.

The entire group I was with loved it though, and I really wanted to, but just didn't.

Saw Flight on Saturday. Very intense at the beginning and then very interesting and intense in a different way through the rest of it.

Denzell is so good...

going to go see Skyfall tomorrow, or perhaps Wednesday. Can't wait, it looks really good. Is anybody else planning to see it?

I'd rather go to dentist that see that film. I mean this new bond stuff is just too negative to me. Bond films used to be a lot more FUN in the good old days.

I hardly ever go the theater. I have better seating, a better picture, better sound and much better & cheaper snacks. I also don't have unknown substances sticking to my shoes or the seat of my pants... And any crying babies are instantly ejected. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe the last film I went to see in the theater was Half Blood Prince... At least I think I went to see it in the theater. If I didn't, it was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

• Like 1

Sadly, I went to The Hobbit last Thursday with my best mate. May I ask did the screenplay writer even read The Hobbit? Or did they merely take somebody's cliff notes and say, "Well I shall make this scene up now." *Deep Sigh*

Funny, but after the first (Peter Jackson) Lord of the Rings, I thought the next two films went downhill, taking too many liberties in straying from the book. In the end, I liked the older, animated Lord of the Rings movie much better. I have no intention on ever seeing The Hobbit or it's sequels. Besides, I've grown tired of that entire genre anyway.

Edited by Anomaly

Gangster Squad, it was OK, very very violent and you know when you leave a movie and think, you know that could have been so much better.

Back to the Future... and no, I'm not joking. They re-premiered it on theatres here in my country last year and it has been on since then. The kind of move you've seen a 1000 times but you still want to watch again, specially at the cinema

Watched that the other night at home, I bought my partner the box set for Christmas,

I've been meaning to see it for so long now, 

Last movie I saw in theatre was "The Hobbit" 

Already planning new visit to see the new Denzel Washington movie "Flight" 

Re Skyfall. When we were in the UK in November, we tried to go see it there, sadly all cinema's that actually had a screening, were sold out...so still have not seen it

Django Unchained

Amazing movie, very graphic and lots of strong language but the movie itself was phenomenal in my opinion

• Like 1

Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu .... an Indian movie (Language :Telugu)

Great movie :)

I saw several movies recently--Flight, The Hobbit, Les Miserable, Lincoln, and most recently, THe Impossible.

All really great movies.