The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kyzzx

Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

I'd rather go to dentist that see that film. I mean this new bond stuff is just too negative to me. Bond films used to be a lot more FUN in the good old days.

The only Bond movie I really like is Live And Let Die.

The last movie in theaters I saw was "Hansel & Gretel - Witchhunters". Very nice movie and I'm looking forward the release on bluray

Saw "Star Trek Into Darkness" and "The Internship" both within the last few weeks, and "Iron Man 3" about a month ago. I've seen more movies in the theater with my girlfriend in the last year than I did in the 11 years with my ex girlfriend. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Saw "Star Trek Into Darkness" and "The Internship" both within the last few weeks, and "Iron Man 3" about a month ago. I've seen more movies in the theater with my girlfriend in the last year than I did in the 11 years with my ex girlfriend. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Well you must have found your soulmate in the things you like to do together. :my:

the last film I watched in the cinema was Terminator 2 Judgement Day, awesome film but as you can tell, I dong go on a regular basis, mainly cos it's so bloody expensive.

Just saw We're the Millers with Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudekis. (Sudekis is a small-time drug dealer who's roped into driving a boatload of marijuana across the Mexican border in a huge RV. He gets Aniston, a neighbor kid, and a homeless girl to pose as his family. Hilarity ensues.) We're not exactly talking High Art here, but it was a harmless and fairly amusing way to spend a few hours, provided you caught it at a cheaper matinee. :)

Now you see me

I left before the end. It felt a bit drawn out and didn't grip me. It's not a terrible film. It was late and I wasn't bothered about seeing the end.

It's magical in 3D. :)

Yeah, That's the mode I saw it in. I am now trying to persuade my wife to get over her altitude aversion (she doesn't like anything much in space) and I'll catch the 2D version then. What a strong performance. And the technical side. WOW.  Definitely getting the 3D BluRay.

I think the last movie I saw in a theater was The Hobbit. That would have been last December.

My wife and I will see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug this year.

I don't know how may times I read the book but I was a young teen the first time. I view these movies (LOTR also) as Peter Jackson's interpretation and I fully expect the movies to deviate from the books. From my point of view the best aspect of these movies is that they bring the stories to a wider audience and they are reasonable interpretations of the stories. Two or three of our kids will probably see them with us.

I'm looking forward to this...

For movies in general we just watch something on netflix. Before netflix we would rent DVD and before that VHS. The best part of netflix is the price but also nothing has to be returned to anyone. I find it really convenient to be able to watch it at home too.

Edited by djsurrey

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

last movie I watched was Gravity. Cool movie but not a great movie. The effects were nice and was nicely done but meh. Not a movie to watch more than once.

I just saw the sci-fi movie Ender's Game, with Harrison Ford. I really enjoyed it and it was very thought-provoking.

• Like 1

I've seen Thor: The Dark World twice since it was released.

I first went last Monday but the 3D screen was broke so I had to watch it in 2D. I went again last Wednesday and watched it again, this time in 3D.

Edited by cygnus

I just saw the sci-fi movie Ender's Game, with Harrison Ford. I really enjoyed it and it was very thought-provoking.

Just saw ENDER'S GAME too.

Having read the book by ORSON SCOTT CARD several times, I can say that the movie was VERY close to the book.

The movie was pretty well done.

• Like 1

My sister just saw it and she texted me: "Enders Game=Little Sheldon in Space". :p

I recently saw Gravity (3D IMAX) and Captain Philips. I'm not sure if I'm going to see Ender's Game or not.  I've heard good things about it, so I might, if I have time.

My sister just saw it and she texted me: "Enders Game=Little Sheldon in Space". :p

I recently saw Gravity (3D IMAX) and Captain Philips. I'm not sure if I'm going to see Ender's Game or not.  I've heard good things about it, so I might, if I have time.

Yes, I also thought of Sheldon while seeing it.

It was a long time ago, back in July, I saw Globe Theatre's "Twelfth Night".  They taped Twelfth Night and then sent it around the world for people that couldn't get to London to see it go and see it.  it was brilliant and the DVD is on my Christmas List.  If you live in New York it is on now on Broadway most of the original cast.   

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary episode in 3d!! (It was on Saturday, at the global multicast :) they even took a pic of us on the theater for the BBC, with a TARDIS and all)

Edited by Sursonica