The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kyzzx

Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

The broken circle breakdown.

It deals with a really sensitive issue and it is quite sad but I would recommend it!!!

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I never read the books and didn't think I'd like the films, but I must admit that I'm enjoying them, much as I did with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Lots of political intrigue and social commentary going on here, making them more than just simple Battle Royale knock-offs (as it's been accused of being). Also, after seeing these films and Silver Linings Playbook, I've got some serious crushing on Jennifer Lawrence going on, even though I'm old enough to be... well, older than her. ;)

Edited by MJPollard

So I did see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Mixed feelings. Significant deviations from the book but I'd have to admit the book moves too slow for movie audiences in 2013. I feel people who have not read the book are not going to like the point at which this movie ends (having to wait another year to see the next and final part).

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: I really enjoyed it and while I was wary of the things I knew they were introducing I was ok with them in the end, I liked the new character that they included, Tauriel, and the inclusion of Legolas. The boatman's character was also good.

I did notice that some people were like "are you kidding me, that's how it ends?" but really, everyone going to see that movie KNOWS or should know there's gonna be a third one! It did end on a nasty cliffhanger though :)

• Like 1

Saw American Hustle with my girlfriend and her family on Christmas Day. It's a semi-fictional account of the FBI's ABSCAM operation in the late 1970s, focusing mostly on two con artists (Christian Bale, nearly unrecognizable with a paunch and a really bad comb-over, and Amy Adams) who are essentially blackmailed into the operation after being busted by an FBI agent (Bradley Cooper, who does a great job of playing a total douchebag). It also stars Jeremy Renner as the mayor of Camden, New Jersey, who is caught up in the sting, and Jennifer Lawrence in a scene-stealing turn as Bale's quirky and unstable wife. Very good movie; it's making a lot of critics' year-end best-of lists, and will probably end up snagging an Oscar nom or two. The guy who directed the film, David O. Russell, also directed Cooper and Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook, so this is kind of a reunion for them (as well as Robert De Niro, who was also in Playbook and appears uncredited as a mobster in Hustle).

Edited by MJPollard

The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug.

Saw American Hustle with my girlfriend and her family on Christmas Day. It's a semi-fictional account of the FBI's ABSCAM operation in the late 1970s, focusing mostly on two con artists (Christian Bale, nearly unrecognizable with a paunch and a really bad comb-over, and Amy Adams) who are essentially blackmailed into the operation after being busted by an FBI agent (Bradley Cooper, who does a great job of playing a total douchebag). It also stars Jeremy Renner as the mayor of Camden, New Jersey, who is caught up in the sting, and Jennifer Lawrence in a scene-stealing turn as Bale's quirky and unstable wife. Very good movie; it's making a lot of critics' year-end best-of lists, and will probably end up snagging an Oscar nom or two. The guy who directed the film, David O. Russell, also directed Cooper and Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook, so this is kind of a reunion for them (as well as Robert De Niro, who was also in Playbook and appears uncredited as a mobster in Hustle).

I've heard it is really good.

August: Osage County

Meryl Streep is a Godess!!! Simple as that!!

And Benedict Cumberbatch..oh my..!!!

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. I never read the books and didn't think I'd like the films, but I must admit that I'm enjoying them, much as I did with the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Lots of political intrigue and social commentary going on here, making them more than just simple Battle Royale knock-offs (as it's been accused of being). Also, after seeing these films and Silver Linings Playbook, I've got some serious crushing on Jennifer Lawrence going on, even though I'm old enough to be... well, older than her. ;)

I got around to seeing Catching Fire just a few days ago. I agree with what Martin said here about the movie. I have not read the books and I would not have gone to see the first movie The Hunger Games except for the urging of my youngest daughter who had read all the books and who was surprisingly impressed. Before watching the first movie the premise of the series did not impress me a bit. The first movie was very moving and so I was eager to see the second and I'd say is is very good also. You defiantly want to see these in order.

American Hustle. It was pretty good with many funny moments and an interesting plot. Good acting and very good direction.

American Hustle. It was pretty good with many funny moments and an interesting plot. Good acting and very good direction.

It looks good, might try to catch that one.

August: Osage County

Meryl Streep is a Godess!!! Simple as that!!

And Benedict Cumberbatch..oh my..!!!

he sings and plays the piano I believe.  

he sings and plays the piano I believe.

Yes.He.Does. *faint* He is so cute trying to speak with an american accent..So as you see I like him a lot.. :p

I really liked Amy Adams and Christian Bale at American Hustle. All the cast was very good though!!! If you watch it let me know if you liked it :)

There is a French Cinema festival going on these days where I live and I just watched ''The symmetry of the butterfly". Sorry I don't know the title in French. It was very good!! I had a great time!!!! :)

Divergent. It was decent, but a bit long. Some of the scenes were slow and could have been cut down. I was impressed by the acting from the lead actress. I'd give it a 7/7.5.

I can't wait for the some of the Marvel movies to be released. Spider-Man 2, X Men, Guardians of the Galaxy :dancer:

I go every weekend. I saw Pompeii. I thought it was funny that no matter what natural disasters were going on around them they still thought it was a perfectly acceptable time to attempt to murder each other. We have a dollar Theater in my city that get movies a few months after the official dvd release date. So I think I probably watched it late. 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

X-Men: Days of Future Past. It was pretty damn epic. My favourite in the series.

I liked how the new timeline pretty much negates the events of X-3. Sequel with the X-1 and 2 characters would be great.

Edited by gsxdoug

I liked how the new timeline pretty much negates the events of X-3. Sequel with the X-1 and 2 characters would be great.

I bet it made a lot of fans happy. I would love for the X1 and X2 characters to be in another film. I hoped for more Rogue in DOFP. I blinked and almost missed her near the end.

• Like 1