Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

Just saw Blended last night. While in many ways an utterly predictable rom-com, if you've been a single parent (especially of opposite-to-you gendered children), divorced, cheated on, or lived in a blended family--and if you are a parent who prioritizes your kids--you will relate to a ton of the movie and laugh and laugh. My friend and I (both divorced/divorcing cheating narcissistic men who do not prioritize their children) loved it, and later thanked her teenage son for making us go see it. It was also nice to see Adam Sandler play a role more suited to his age, a 40-something father of 3 girls, not a juvenile humour pretending I'm still in my early 20s goof.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just saw Wonder Woman and it was PERFECT.

I just saw "Gravity". Very, very good. Howard was lucky.

You definitely should as this one is a continuation of the themes of the first one. When you see the original this will make even more sense.

X-men last week and Edge of Tomorrow last night. Both good. Emily Blunt is terrific. Also "The Other Women", two weeks ago which entertained me and my wife but went over the head of our teen daughter. Jaime Lannister was a delightful creep who got what he deserved. No aliens or genocide, however, which might of improved it.

Watched Seth Mcfarlens new movie on my birthday In the west is it sorry already forgot the name of the movie haha. Pretty funny went over the head of my parents, uncle, an aunty though. Thought Plot wise it was all over place.

• 1 month later...

The Homesman.Wonderful performances and since it's summer we went to an outdoors theater on a roof. I just thought it was ok but I love outdoors theaters so I had a nice time!!

Sextape - with the extremely fit Cameron Diaz and a svelter Jason Seagal(?). Cringed and laughed in roughly equal parts. A bit of a nostalgia trip if you have kids and remember life before them.

The punchline came after we got home and asked our 15yo daughter what she has seen on her separate trip to a different cinema. Guess. Oh how we laughed. Lol. Don't know how she will process that one. :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2011. Gosh, it's been longer than I thought since I last went to the cinema. Maybe I'm weird, but I much prefer to watch movies at home, where there's nobody but me creating annoying noises, lights and smells. Most things are released so quickly onto DVD now, I'd rather just wait. Plus if it's a terrible movie I can just turn it off instead of sitting there hating the human race because I don't want to disturb an entire row of people. Hah.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2011. Gosh, it's been longer than I thought since I last went to the cinema. Maybe I'm weird, but I much prefer to watch movies at home, where there's nobody but me creating annoying noises, lights and smells. Most things are released so quickly onto DVD now, I'd rather just wait. Plus if it's a terrible movie I can just turn it off instead of sitting there hating the human race because I don't want to disturb an entire row of people. Hah.

You're not weird at all!!! I wasn't going to the cinema at all but then I made these friends who like and I've come to appreciate it but all these points you raised are so sooo true!!!

I watched this movie Locke and it was brilliant!!!! Absolutely brilliant!! It was at a summer cinema and unfortunately someone put music very loud and it was disturbing. But it didn't last long and I have a thing for summer cinemas!!! The movie was great, the actor was great, the direction was great!!! It could be a two hour trip of boredom. Some people will find it boring. But I think it was thrilling.

Guardians of the Galaxy. It was good. I was slightly lost in places, but I think that was down to my inability to pay attention to things for prolonged periods of time. We were in a pretty small room and only 5 other people were there, but one guy kept singing along to the songs.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but I'm currently watching the episode of tbbt with Stan Lee. His cameo in GOTG was funny.

Guardians of the Galaxy. My stepson is a big comic book geek, and it was fun to watch his reaction to what was on the screen. Plus, it was just flat-out entertaining, and you don't have to be a big fan of Marvel comics (or even much of one) to enjoy it, as you really don't need to have any knowledge of the characters before jumping in. (There are a few, such as Thanos, who have an extensive history in the Marvel canon, but again, knowledge of him isn't really needed.) It was also much more light-hearted than the usual Marvel fare (even the Iron Man films), thanks largely to James Pratt as Peter "Star Lord" Quill and Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Raccoon. Zoe Saldana was very good as Gamora, though like Avatar, it's another role where she has odd-colored skin (green this time, not blue; that color's reserved for Nebula).

Of course, as a Doctor Who fan, I enjoyed watching Karen "Amy Pond" Gillan positively own the role of Nebula. She's proven that she has the chops to be the next sci-fi female action hero; as it stands, I'd let her grind her cybernetically-enhanced stiletto heel into my forehead any day of the week. Rrrrroof!!! :biggrin:

Edited by Martin Pollard
  • Like 1

The last movie I saw in the theater was Superbad in 2008.

Yep, not a fan of going to the movies. I am such a fidgety person and I can't sit in one place for too long without getting bored. Also, TMI but i am the queen of going number uno so I miss parts of the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy - the kind of movie I probably would have liked more 30 years ago in the 80's than I do now - as far as comic book movies go, I much prefer The Avengers.

Edited by luke

A little late, but X-Men: Days of Future Past. Much better than the third one (X-Men: The Last Stand). Haven't seen X-Men: First Class yet (it's on the DVR :)), but it doesn't seem to be required viewing to watch DOFP. Love how they got "the old gang" together for the dystopian future scenes, and sending Wolverine's consciousness back in time instead of Kitty Pryde's (who went back in the comic) makes more sense (since, in the movie continuity, Kitty Pryde wasn't alive in the 1970s, plus Wolverine is The Name in the X-Men films). The ending will make you smile if you thought that The Last Stand was an affront to all mankind. :)

• 1 month later...

"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1." There was a special advance preview arranged by my stepson's orthodontist for their patients. We were the very first people in the Metro Detroit area to see it (it comes out this Friday). Good movie, different from the first two, more intrigue and rebel action (no Hunger Games in this book). Gotta wait until next year for part 2! :(

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

"The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1." There was a special advance preview arranged by my stepson's orthodontist for their patients. We were the very first people in the Metro Detroit area to see it (it comes out this Friday). Good movie, different from the first two, more intrigue and rebel action (no Hunger Games in this book). Gotta wait until next year for part 2! :(

I'm an Ann Arborite, so hello neighbor. :)

I saw Interstellar last weekend.  First time I've been to a movie theater since Toy Story 3, lol.  Though I do plan to go back for Mockingjay in a week or two.