The Big Bang Theory Forums
Kyzzx

Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

Just saw The Imitation Game last night. Never had a movie that grabbed me like that. The actor is escaping me. But brilliant oscar worthy. And Keira was stunning who knew she could act lol.

Finally saw The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1.

I am thinking of seeing The Imitation gane. I like the actors but I have read the material is quite flawed.

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/imitation-game-entertains-expense-accuracy

Some of the stuff left out (there was a more difficult code to break used by the high command and for that the collosus was built, the first electronic computer)...

Edited by djsurrey

Just saw The Imitation Game last night. Never had a movie that grabbed me like that. The actor is escaping me.

Benedict Cumberbatch, aka the BBC's Sherlock Holmes, aka John Harrison/Khan Noonien Singh in Star Trek Into Darkness, aka Stephen Strange in the upcoming Marvel film Doctor Strange.

Benedict Cumberbatch, aka the BBC's Sherlock Holmes, aka John Harrison/Khan Noonien Singh in Star Trek Into Darkness, aka Stephen Strange in the upcoming Marvel film Doctor Strange.

Reminds me of a pic I saw going around on Facebook. A woman is getting a prenatal (antenatal) ultrasound (sonogram), and we see a male adult face on the screen. "Oh, that's just Benedict Cumberbatch," the technician tells the woman reassuringly. "He's in everything." :)

• Like 1

Saw The Theory of Everything over the weekend. Great flick. The leads deserve their Oscar noms. As a bit of trivia, did you know that Stephen Hawking provided the computer voice for the latter scenes in the movie? Apparently, the voice synthesizer that he uses is no longer made; they tried to find something that was as close as possible, but they weren't satisfied with the results. Hawking was so enthusiastic about the film that he gave his blessing to have his actual computer voice used. (Reportedly, a nurse even had to wipe away a tear from his cheek after he saw a screening of the film.)

One scene that cracked me up: when Hawking first got his computer voice and could finally speak again, he basically terrorized everyone in the house with it. At one point, he even had a box with a hole in it over his head as he rolled around and said "EXTERMINATE!" like a Dalek from Doctor Who. :biggrin:

Edited by Martin Pollard

Paddington.

Fun for all the family, although Nicole Kidman may have generated naughty thoughts.

I may have been the oldest there I was there with my daughter (who was second oldest)

Guest StoicPhilosopher

Went & saw the Spongebob Movie with my youngest cousins.

I had to really stop and think about this for a few minutes but I'm almost certain that it was John Carter in 2012. I just can't dish out the money for the theater when if I wait a few months, I can get the movie at Redbox for $1.50. I am looking forward to seeing Selma, The Theory of Everything, and Gone Girl. I may even check out The Wedding Ringer even though it doesn't look like something I would enjoy.

Saw "Jupiter Ascending". It's pretty. Not so deep, but pretty. Mila Kunis is lovely and Channing Tatum takes his shirt off. That's worth something. I think that's why my daughter wanted me to take her.

Saw "Jupiter Ascending". It's pretty. Not so deep, but pretty. Mila Kunis is lovely and Channing Tatum takes his shirt off. That's worth something. I think that's why my daughter wanted me to take her.

But, apparently, it's far from a "comeback success" for the Wachowskis, who haven't had a hit since The Matrix. Sadly, at this point I've pretty much written them off as one-hit wonders.

Saw The Avengers: Age of Ultron tonight with my stepson. If you're into comic book superhero movies, this one's another worthy entry, even though at best it's merely equal to the first Avengers. Ultron may have a few too many characters to juggle, at the expense of some plot, but Joss Whedon put in a solid effort for what is his last Marvel superhero film. It's worth the full ticket price, even though I'm one of those who prefers to pay matinee prices. :biggrin:

Lots of good trailers for upcoming flicks, too: Fantastic Four, Terminator Genisys, Jurassic World, Pixels, Ant Man, and Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (and I think a couple of others I can't recall at the moment). They also happen to be the ones I'm most interested in seeing, so that worked out pretty well. :)

I saw Fast and Furious 7 a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it has come in for some criticism, my friend and I really enjoyed the stunts and the special effects were brilliant. The dialogue was a touch clichéd but the humour was on point and it did everything expected of one of these films. The Furious franchise has been going so long now that the audience know exactly what to expect, and this movie did not disappoint. A stunt in the UAE where a supercar is driven out of the window of a skyscraper and into another skyscraper was a particular highlight for me, whilst my friend commented on how well the emotional tribute to Paul Walker was produced at the end. A great film.

Last movie i've seen in theater was "into the woods" with Meryl Streep two months ago. I've liked it but i love every movies with Meryl. 

Just saw recent mission impossible movie. Really good! Best one since the 1st one. Tom Cruise still got it.