The Big Bang Theory Forums
Kyzzx

Last movie you saw in theaters?

Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies at the theater/ cinema?

• Yes, all the time/ regularly!
    • Occasionally.
    • Only if I REALLY want to see something.
    • Never.
    • Obligatory "other."

I haven't seen a movie in a while. The last one I saw was Kignsman, and it was hilarious. I really liked it.

There isn't a theatre nearby and I don't drive, although they are now building one which should be open next April  :)   but anyway, the last time I went was years and years and it was to see Walk The Line. 

Fantastic Four!

Went with my kids ( it's a family rule that all superhero movies must be seen with Dad)and their nerdy friends. we went expecting to see a crap movie and were not let down. 

The post movie analysis of the appalling dialogue, plot holes, inordinate waste of story telling time leading up to their creation and limited action,and bland characters was of far greater interest than the movie itself. 

oh and the icecreams! We enjoyed the icecreams!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stardustmelody said:

Saw Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens in 3D last evening.   Here is my review:

Film Review: ‘Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens’ is Delightful and a Must See!

I though your review was mostly on the mark. 

Can't agree with what you said about the 3D.  It looked good in the theatre I was at! After the movie the people I went with commented on liking the 3D. In fact they commented in the great clairity. I thought it added to the film.

This is the first Star Wars film I have seen in 3D but I have seen others including Avatar.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, djsurrey said:

I though your review was mostly on the mark. 

Can't agree with what you said about the 3D.  It looked good in the theatre I was at! After the movie the people I went with commented on liking the 3D. In fact they commented in the great clairity. I thought it added to the film.

This is the first Star Wars film I have seen in 3D but I have seen others including Avatar.

It is the first Star Wars film I had seen in3D as well, but I have seen other 3D films and they had much more fluidity on the Z-axis movement so that you could not see "panes" but instead you felt you were really experiencing being in the midst of things.   This one was all panes and that to me was distracting.   Very little came out toward the audience, other than a full photo pane.   It really reminded me of the old 3D picture viewers.  LOL!  

I do understand that when using models, instead of CGI, you are not as likely to see movement across the Z-axis.   It is much more difficult to film.   They did manage to capture a few moments of footage where the resistance ships crossed the axis but most of the time it remained three panes with space between.  That to me was kind of disconcerting.  

At our theater they showed a preview of Jungle Book in 3D and that had far nicer 3D work to it.  It literally had things crossing the Z-axis all the time.   Just a different feel when you get full 3D pane use instead of 2D-pane in a 3D space.

Edited by stardustmelody

The last thing I watched on the big screen is "mission impossible" from 1996. Worst action scenes ever.

The last movie I liked is "the winning season" with Sam Rockwell.

Saw an early screening of Dawn of Justice tonight, thought it was really good. Not going to post any spoilers, but Affleck was great as an older Bruce Wayne/Batman, same for Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman. Should silence the doubters.

I see movies in the theater once a year--maybe. It is pretty expensive to go often and, if the movies doesn't live up to expectations, it can be disappointing spending the money on a flop. I usually wait until they come out on DVD and then borrow them or buy them if they are good. I only go to the theater for the biggest shows, or ones that I especially want to see. That works out to about once per year. I don't go to the theater regularly just because it is simply a form of entertainment that fits into my schedule once a month.

The last movie I saw in a theater was "Star Wars: The Force Awakens."

I love theaters, and I also like going to watch movies alone. Last one I saw on Tuesday, Miss Peregrine and The girl on the train, which I liked better.

Fantastic Beasts. Very Very Good. A must for all Harry Potter fans. And even muggles heh. It does stay true to the Harry Potter universe. But offers its own thing too. Perfectly casted too. Reymain was great casting. 

Edited by 3ku11

A couple of weeks ago I saw "girl on the train". It's a good movie, and was worth it's money (it has become quiet expensive to go the theaters).

Why Him. Ehhh it was funny. Kaley was Siri. I wouldn't call it The next Hangover or anything lol. Nor would I watch it again. Bryan Cranston carried most of it.

Passengers

It was enjoyable. Visually, it was really stunning at times. I did have some issues with some of the technical stuff, but it wasn't enough to ruin the movie.

Latest movie I have seen and my first in 2017 was Underworld: Blood Wars. Switch your brain off action horror film, thought it was actually WAY better than the previous movie in the franchise.

Edited by Jonny

I think Doctor Strange is the last one I've seen. I liked it. Then again there aren't many Marvel films I dislike.

I have seen earlier "Moonlight" and it is really a high quality film. Such powerful story , a bit hard to see for psychologic violence but worth any second of it for those who love a great screenplay and excelent actors performances.

Edited by spidergirl

I saw Hidden Figures a few days ago. Everyone should definitely see it especially if you have an interest in maths and science and the space race(and Jim Parsons).

I physically laughed when they said Jim Parson's character was an engineer.