Two and Half Men

I was just watching a scene with Howard and Raj from last season where Raj says that in his dream his backyard would be connected to Howard's frontyard (or something like that). I did not get this joke at first, but of course, now I get it.

I was wondering if maybe they are starting to throw in all of these sex jokes (like with Amy and Penny too) to try to draw in the two and half men audience. I used to like two and half men, but the jokes on there sometimes, i would be like, did they really say that? That show was really focused on sex.

And two and half men really sucks now, I mean, it is so, so bad.

Also, when charlie sheen announced the emmy for jim parsons, it seemed a little to me like he was passing the torch down. Anway, just some thoughts I had.

I'm not sure if it really has as much to do with the fact that Chuck Lorre has Two and a Half Men, but that Howard and Raj have quasi-homosexual humor with their characters. It still makes sense, though.

I also stopped watching Two and a Half Men. It was never my favorite to begin with, and I like Ashton Kutcher and all, but it was totally Charlie's show. It's just not working.

There are numerous episodes of 2and a Half Men where they recycle jokes from TBBT and vice-versa.

I agree, Allan is the Sheldon of the show, the glue that holds it all together and makes it good.

I actually like Two and a Half Men with Ashton. I own all the seasons on DVD and personally thought that the show was running its course. I was sad to see Charlie go but now the show seems fresh once again.

Ashton is brilliant in the new series. I actually watch it more now than I did when Sheen was in it.

Ashton is much more likeable on screen and off. I think seeing him recently in "New Year's Eve" made me appreciate him as an actor a lot more.

• 3 weeks later...

Have never liked this show & probably never will , I hate Charlie Sheen with his bloody stupid comments plus I don't find the stuff that happens in the show funny at all.

Strange thought as TBBT and Mike & Molly are written by the same people and I happen to like those shows..

I was just watching a scene with Howard and Raj from last season where Raj says that in his dream his backyard would be connected to Howard's frontyard (or something like that). I did not get this joke at first, but of course, now I get it.

You should watch the bloopers on that scene....so funny :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still like the show but I think they are really emphasizing Alan as a sponge/loser way too much. Alan used to be a likable character but starting with the season before this, when Charlie was still around, they started making him less likable. Now they have ratcheted that up.

Two and A Half Men is dreadful now...It's not because of Ashton Kutcher, it's because of that Chloe character....It's time for this show to go.

I have given the new era Two and a Half Men several chances, watching six separate shows, but have found it light hearted average tv at best and at worst just embarrassingly awful...:icon_eek:

I have seasons one to eight on DVD and loved it with Charlie in! I was determined to enjoy it once he had gone - I really watched it wanting to really like it! I wasn't a 'jump on the band wagon' viewer with my mind made up and anti post Charlie. What has happened is very sad.

Before it had a very British grasp of sarcasm and irony; now it seems like so many other over the top US sit coms.

What are the reviews like of it in the American press of each show?

I would be really grateful if anyone has any info on that.

Matt

I don't have the info, but I agree it is awful, and I am an American. I only watched a few episodes, and it was the same; I wanted to like it, but it was just embarrassing. I wish they had just ended it. Would have been better for everyone.

Oh well, at least with the memory of such great episodes as the Charlie Waffles one to re watch! One of my favourites :)

Anyway an online toast - here's to the late Charlie Harper, the show isn't the same without him.

Matt

p.s

I do tend to drink more when I am in one of my Two and a Half Men phases LMAO, I think it is the way Charlie has always got a beer in his hand - or the way he just pours himself a scotch while talking :)

they should have canceled the show when Charlie left.

he's the reason the show was so successful.

I enjoy watching the Charlie reruns.

but I don't watch the new ones. (because there's no Charlie, and because Jake is old now too).

• 2 weeks later...

The show was almost unwatchable during the last Charlie season. They'd pushed the envelope so far sexually that it just became boring. How many jokes can you tolerate about Charlie and his whores and Allan masturbating? It just got too crude.

I've never been an Ashton Kutcher fan so I don't watch the show anymore.

Charlie's voice was very gruff the last season and the last two/three episodes it was my wife who said that she thought he looked really shot to pieces.

Anyway not long till Anger Management where Charlie yet again is playing...Charlie!!! :)

Matt

IMHO Alan, Berta and Jake could have carried the show. Alan should have kept the house and had Different Guest stars as his renter for several episodes.

The theme would be Alan trying to make mortgage payments. Of course Alan being a loser would have good fortune just in time for the house to need a new roof etc. I always liked Rose and they had her come back for good reasons. Rose helped put the show on top and would have kept it there

I really don't care how big Walden's junk is. In fact I think it is a cheap trick to have him running around the house totally naked. We wear cloth in our houses out of respect for those living with us.

I was a huge fan of two and a half menbut yeah its gone down hill, i dont blame this on ashton though i think its down the the writing. Allan for me has always been the best in the show, i also think they need to involve jake ALOT more too.