The photo thread

I’d hate to have to come up with a name for that ship…

Penshelnardowitzapallifowlerette?

Koothrawolostadterkowskiooperpamy?

Shelowitzonardapalliennyowlerkowski?

Good grief…

Incidentally, I think Shelowitz, Wolostadter, and Fowlerette would make great names for characters in some sort of vaudevillian burlesque…

It's like i'm learning to speak German over again. :) I always thought that this mania to condense several names into one for shipping came from Japanese people , seems quite popular in the USA too.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Besties! (this one of the pics on Penny's frigde), credits to Pamela (tbbt-fans on Tumblr)  

Has anybody seen these???? BOY we have a hot cast!  

Posted Images

It's like i'm learning to speak German over again. :) I always thought that this mania to condense several names into one for shipping came from Japanese people , seems quite popular in the USA too.

Do you speak German? I heard many years ago that the longest word in the German language translated to "Matchbox-Car-Collector" and I've always wanted to verify this...

So Japan conflates words as well?

I think partially the reason Germany produced so many great philosophers was on account of their language's ability to conflate words into new meanings. If you don't have a word for a state of mind or philosophical concept, it is difficult to contemplate it.

Personally I loathe the terms Shenny/Shamy/Lenny. It reminds me of preschool. And I went to a Spanish preschool! So that's...quite an odd association...

No sorry I don't speak German. In my school, before joining a specific optional class, you have to attend at least two hours of each possibility, including German Class. I refused this class because I was already learning English and Dutch ( which is as barabarian as German is ) Make me think about this hilarious video xDhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=orG0JFspNnw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DorG0JFspNnw

But I think that what you said Count is true. They have plenty of words to express themselfs that don't exist in other "basic" language like English.

Edited by Redrose

No sorry I don't speak German. In my school, before joining a specific optional class, you have to attend at least two hours of each possibility, including German Class. I refused this class because I was already learning English and Dutch ( which is as barabarian as German is ) Make me think about this hilarious video xDhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=orG0JFspNnw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DorG0JFspNnw

But I think that what you said Count is true. They have plenty of words to express themselfs that don't exist in other "basic" language like English.

I can't watch films at this time because I've overused my internet!

Will come back to this when my usage is topped up. As for "basic" English, I suppose it manages by filching from other languages. It's always stolen to prop up its stocks. I was thinking of the Spanish word Duende. English "has" Panache, as their version of this, but of course Panache isn't English. Duende is a woefully under-represented concept....

Edited by Count Wally de Honk

It is actually my left eye. I didn't want to put a picture of my whole face but still put aq little bit of me in it.

I don't know if this is a compliment or an insult (but how could it be an insult!) but I always thought this was Galecki's eye. Interesting! It is a very good eye, as Wisp said. Sorry for butting in, but it's also been perplexing me...All grand.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Besties! (this one of the pics on Penny's frigde), credits to Pamela (tbbt-fans on Tumblr)

tumblr_mr8pqz5RwX1qdz44io1_500.jpg

• Like 8

Talking of pictures on Penny's fridge

There is one with her and somebody else that's been there since at least season 2 I'm guessing its a family member or friend as I don't recognise them

cb29a004a3cb40d8925cc1064588a333.jpg235487-big-bang-theory.jpg

Some pictures I found today of their performance at the Alzheimer's at Sardis...

Oh Johnny's face in the 2nd pic, so cute

I love this picture.  But it's kind of funny to see amy with mayim's expression?  Is it just me?

I love this picture. And it's also funny to see Amy with Mayim's expression as well.

This may be appealing to the Shennys.

Please don't feed them. Their edited pictures should be sufficient lol Sorry...

But I love the first picture ( can't see the second one), very elegant. And the look on Jim face... mmmh

I find Howard's pants and shoes amusing

It's the whole blinding VIVIDNESS of him I like. Hyper-reality. What did Chuck say, that he was the living embodiment of Pepe le Pew? YES.

Please don't feed them. Their edited pictures should be sufficient lol Sorry...

But I love the first picture ( can't see the second one), very elegant. And the look on Jim face... mmmh

Oi! You two scallywags (particularly Wisp) - No unprovoked attacking of Ships in International Waters. 'Taint fair so it ain't. And it isn't cricket or kosher either.

It's very much a "Jim Face" rather than Sheldonic I think....Not that I mind in the slightest!

• Like 1