Friends

tukan07

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anomaly, what do you mean by that? I don't get it

You really can't see the recent (season 4 onward) similarities? TBBT used to be about 4 nerdy guys and all of their nerdy exploits. It's now an almost identical clone of Friends, only with (the majority of) the characters being scientists of some sort. It went from geek humor to a been-there, done-that relationship based sit-com. Except for the characters specific personalities, damn near everything in TBBT is now directly interchangeable with Friends. What little geek humor that does still exist is usually accompanied by an explanation of the reference. The show isn't for geeks & those with an inner geek anymore... It's for tween thru mid-twenties, pop-culture oriented girls.

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 1

I dont agree that Big Bang Theory has turned into Friends 2.0.  There are so many contrasts between to two shows.  For one the guys are completely different than Chandler, Joey, and Ross.  Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj are geeks and proud of it.  The girls have become a lil like Rachel, Phoebe and Monica but their history is completely different as they have not been friends for years.  Even if the show did become a lil like Friends so what?  That is not a bad show to be compared to.  

• Like 1

I never understood why this sitcom is so popular. Looks ordinary program to my eyes. Nothing special. By the way, it didn´t finish a long time ago??

It was popular because it was pre-internet/downloads and leisure if you will.  The internet frenzy didnt take off til early 2000s.  It was the hit show to watch.  Yes, it ended in 04.  

It was popular because it was pre-internet/downloads and leisure if you will.  The internet frenzy didnt take off til early 2000s.  It was the hit show to watch.  Yes, it ended in 04.  

Ok, I accept this but, here in my TV (Warner Channel) still is there for lot of hours per day :icon_rolleyes:  and people still talk about it. Still I don´t understand how much they have for talking about that program. Sorry muy opinion.

Ok, I accept this but, here in my TV (Warner Channel) still is there for lot of hours per day :icon_rolleyes:  and people still talk about it. Still I don´t understand how much they have for talking about that program. Sorry muy opinion.

Like BBT their syndication deal is way up there.  They got a renewal on their syndication contracts so they will be on for another (at least) 5 years.  

I dont agree that Big Bang Theory has turned into Friends 2.0.  There are so many contrasts between to two shows.  For one the guys are completely different than Chandler, Joey, and Ross.  Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj are geeks and proud of it.  The girls have become a lil like Rachel, Phoebe and Monica but their history is completely different as they have not been friends for years.  Even if the show did become a lil like Friends so what?  That is not a bad show to be compared to.  

I did say EXCEPT for the characters specific personalities.

While Friends may not be a bad show to be compared to (depending on who you are), TBBT used to be fresh & unique. It didn't start out like anything else. The simple fact that has started to remold itself after something else is sad. What's worse is that it's remolding itself after something that had a very different core audience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I no longer like TBBT... I am saying that with it's current direction, I no longer hold it in the high regards that I used to. I like the new seasons, I just don't love them. It doesn't feel like the same show anymore (in a bad way).

Edited by Anomaly
  • Like 1

You really can't see the recent (season 4 onward) similarities? TBBT used to be about 4 nerdy guys and all of their nerdy exploits. It's now an almost identical clone of Friends, only with (the majority of) the characters being scientists of some sort. It went from geek humor to a been-there, done-that relationship based sit-com. Except for the characters specific personalities, damn near everything in TBBT is now directly interchangeable with Friends. What little geek humor that does still exist is usually accompanied by an explanation of the reference. The show isn't for geeks & those with an inner geek anymore... It's for tween thru mid-twenties, pop-culture oriented girls.

I'd not agree with that 'cause (IMO)  the appeal of the show goes beyond what you say, Anomaly.

This show is for people who have a different frame of mind from the kind of audience that enjoy Dramas or Reality shows.

Well... I was aware that there could be some references to Friends show...nevertheless I would not say "clone" of that show,

the approach and the feel to it,  I gather is different. For instance I did not laugh a lot watching Friends whereas I do :lol:  when

I watch Big Bang.

Edited by wannamaker

Jenny is my idol!  I love her to death.  But I have had the pleasure of working with her so that might be why.  However she was envied because of how perfect her hair, body and fashion was.  It was a BIG thing back in the 90s.  She is also one of the nicest celebrities. :)

i tell you one thing

FRIENDS is the ultimate sitcom

the best one ever

nothing can top it, not even big bang theory

like seriously

big bang theory is nothing compared to friends

haha

not to insult any of you or the show itself, big bang theory

but its a fact ! i mean, seriously...

have you seen all 10 seasons ? xD

I HAVE

more than once

and i still cant get enough

tumblr_mh4odyni3X1qgvo7ho1_500.gif

i tell you one thing

FRIENDS is the ultimate sitcom

the best one ever

nothing can top it, not even big bang theory

like seriously

big bang theory is nothing compared to friends

haha

not to insult any of you or the show itself, big bang theory

but its a fact ! i mean, seriously...

have you seen all 10 seasons ? xD

I HAVE

more than once

and i still cant get enough

tumblr_mh4odyni3X1qgvo7ho1_500.gif

Yes, I have seen all 10 seasons and seen many of the episodes at least three times. I loved the show and it stayed fresh for the whole 10 seasons, in my opinion. It was funny every single episode, no matter what. The Big Bang Theory, in my opinion, was just as funny from Seasons 1-4 but, as others have said in this thread, it has lost some of its uniqueness in the latter two seasons, although I think that Season 6 is a vast improvement over Season 5.

Anything to do with entertainment can never be a fact. However, in my opinion, The Big Bang Theory is a better and more interesting show, and I like the premise better. Having said that, Friends is indeed funnier, and if I need a guaranteed laugh, I'll watch Friends.