The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbolt

Penny and Leonard

I think that Sheldon being with any halfway normal girls would be a disaster.

^ this

As a friend Sheldon values Penny's opinon on things he's not familiar with.

I guess whether Penny is too hot for Leonard or not, is pretty much the premise of the show! The nerd and the pretty neighbour, can they make it work? They have little in common but they are the two most socially mature characters .

Actually, that's what makes Penny and Leonard so boring, IMO. They are BOTH most socially mature. So what exactly do they bring to the table for each other? There's no natural conflict to get resolved so that they could complete each other.

Penny had more to gain from their relationship

- by dating Leonard, she got a taste of what it would be like to date a nice and smart guy. She wouldn't want to go back to dating unfeeling jerks or stupid losers... But this also doesn't mean that Leonard is the only one for her from now on. The chemistry was missing from day one, the sex was bad, the emotional support is nonexistant... why would we want Penny to settle? Now that she got exposed to the idea of dating nerds, there're plenty of smart guys for her to choose.

Leonard however only got with Penny because of her hotness - not because of her heart, certainly not because of her smarts, but purely because the nerd wanted to bang the pretty cheerleader. Sorry, but that's not the stuff that lasting relationships are made of.

Remember when a new blond neighbor moved into 5A? How quickly Leonard went panting after her hotness... Penny was instantly forgotten. *sigh*

IMO, the satisfying conclusion to this story would be Leonard realizing he doesn't have to have a hot girlfriend on his arm to feel important and complete. And the irony is, once Leonard gains that self-confidence, it actually will be much easier for him to attract women, including very beautiful women. :icon_twisted:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

- by dating Leonard, she got a taste of what it would be like to date a nice and smart guy. She wouldn't want to go back to dating unfeeling jerks or stupid losers... But this also doesn't mean that Leonard is the only one for her from now on. The chemistry was missing from day one, the sex was bad, the emotional support is nonexistant... why would we want Penny to settle? Now that she got exposed to the idea of dating nerds, there're plenty of smart guys for her to choose.

hmm I'm sorry but.. "lack of chemistry?" are we stating a TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE perception (hokum I say) as "chemistry" as a fact here?. IMO they do have chemistry so, don't see it that way...

"the sex was bad" if anything when they were together evey indication said that they had a very good sex life (Penny's: wow, that was amazing, them breaking a bed, she being so happy on french toast day) so.. no. Emotional support non-existant? Leonard was there for her, ALWAYS. And he still is.

sometimes when I read these posts all I read is blah blah blah "Penny and Sheldon should end up together and I'm trying to justify it by bashing Leonard" blah blah blah

I guess whether Penny is too hot for Leonard or not, is pretty much the premise of the show! The nerd and the pretty neighbour, can they make it work? They have little in common but they are the two most socially mature characters .

Actually, that's what makes Penny and Leonard so boring, IMO. They are BOTH most socially mature. So what exactly do they bring to the table for each other? There's no natural conflict to get resolved so that they could complete each other.

Leonard however only got with Penny because of her hotness - not because of her heart, certainly not because of her smarts, but purely because the nerd wanted to bang the pretty cheerleader. Sorry, but that's not the stuff that lasting relationships are made of.

Remember when a new blond neighbor moved into 5A? How quickly Leonard went panting after her hotness... Penny was instantly forgotten. *sigh*

IMO, the satisfying conclusion to this story would be Leonard realizing he doesn't have to have a hot girlfriend on his arm to feel important and complete. And the irony is, once Leonard gains that self-confidence, it actually will be much easier for him to attract women, including very beautiful women. :icon_twisted:

Preach It

hmm I'm sorry but.. "lack of chemistry?" are we stating a TOTALLY SUBJECTIVE perception (hokum I say) as "chemistry" as a fact here?. IMO they do have chemistry so, don't see it that way...

"the sex was bad" if anything when they were together evey indication said that they had a very good sex life (Penny's: wow, that was amazing, them breaking a bed, she being so happy on french toast day) so.. no. Emotional support non-existant? Leonard was there for her, ALWAYS. And he still is.

sometimes when I read these posts all I read is blah blah blah "Penny and Sheldon should end up together and I'm trying to justify it by bashing Leonard" blah blah blah

Well the chemistry is not hokum just look with your eyes, as for the sex that wasn't even believable she wanted to go back to being friends because he was bad in bad and all of sudden he was amazing that was a little stretch and for the bed breaking that could been due to just her and not them being good together. The reason she I'd happy on French toast is because she was signing and dancing to Shania twain. When has Leonard been there for her in an unselfish reason. And it's not bashing if it's the truth and happened, just because someone isn't gaga over Leonard and penny and can't find a reason they should be together now or in the future doesn't mean anything but they don't see why they're together.

Hmmm, I'm not sure where you got that from my post, LOL! :icon_eek::icon_lol:

Again, I haven't seen yet season 4, so I don't know if there were some amazing scenes between Leonard and Penny... My opinion is based purely on seasons 1-3, and partial 5.

Chemistry is subjective, true. In case of Sheldon and Penny, there's an undeniable comedic goldmine - they are just so so very funny!

They were super funny when they were "enemies", and they are still funny now that they are becoming best friends. So I'm hoping for more scenes between Sheldon and Penny, and I love love love their friendship. However, in terms of their romantic lives, I love what is currently going on between Sheldon and Amy. I don't think they will end up together, but for now, it's perfect. Amy is a godsend.

Coming back to Leonard and Penny - their sex was very bad in the beginning. Then they tried again, now it's all better, whatever. I still don't see the chemistry. Maybe the writers need to give them new lines, maybe the actors intentionally dialed down their natural attraction to each other because they were trying to hide their secret relationship (as revealed by the female actress who plays Penny)...

I don't know. All I can say, in seasons 1-3 I do NOT see the spark between Penny and Leonard, the romantic stuff between them looks boring. I'm very sorry if I offend the fans of this relationship, I don't have a dog in this fight, it's just the way I see it. Again, I'm a very new fan, and just recently started watching. Maybe my opinion will change once I fully catch up with the show.

I don't even like Leonard and Penny together for a lot of reasons, but I blame it on the writing. They got together too soon, almost out of nowhere and the same whent they split up.. the writers didn't bother to build it up from previous episodes, not even from the start of the episode..

that being said, they did look happy while they were together, and miserable apart (mostly Penny season 4 which is ironic, being she the one who dumped Leonard when he told her he loved her... )

I just wish the writers put the effort this time on them so I can like them together.. I think they learnt the lesson and did and still are doing a great job with Amy and Sheldon's relationship, they are delightful onscreen and their storyline is GOLD. I hope they can use that too and use it to fix LP

I just hope the writers don't turn the show into a teen angst drama. There's more to life than who sleeps with whom. Our TBBT heroes need to grow up first, develop whatever skills they're lacking, fix whatever childhood traumas are preventing them from being complete and happy... THEN the love and happiness will naturally follow.

It's not so important who ends up with whom, what's critical is how they get there, and how well adjusted they become in the end.

I agree the writing sucks for them not sure why when you compare it to Sheldon/penny or Sheldon/Amy for example I wish I knew but it's not there, I agree it was forced and too soon one minute they're friends the next she says his name while making out on a date with Stuart(without an explenation or I felt like a scene or episode was missing) and then all of a sudden she doesn't want him to go the artic and then she proceds to jump him like out of a scene of a raunchy movie, how does it go from two bad dates to her feeling like jumping him and suffered because of it. Like I said Lorre said the reason he broke them up is they weren't ready yet the writing for them has not changed so what's different? Now if Leonard could not be so petty and a little more likeable and the writting changed it might be better.

I don't even like Leonard and Penny together for a lot of reasons, but I blame it on the writing. They got together too soon, almost out of nowhere and the same whent they split up.. the writers didn't bother to build it up from previous episodes, not even from the start of the episode..

that being said, they did look happy while they were together, and miserable apart (mostly Penny season 4 which is ironic, being she the one who dumped Leonard when he told her he loved her... )

I just wish the writers put the effort this time on them so I can like them together.. I think they learnt the lesson and did and still are doing a great job with Amy and Sheldon's relationship, they are delightful onscreen and their storyline is GOLD. I hope they can use that too and use it to fix LP

Actually, I see your point on this. Maybe their relationship is lacking the necessary maturity it needs to set it apart from the Sheldon/Amy relationship and keep it as interesting. They keep going for the chemistry angle and chemistry is an immature fleeting emotion. In fact, I keep seeing people use this word, as if this is the truest definition of love.

Maturity is far sexier than chemistry, at least it is in my world. But the writers haven't built on this much. There should to be genuine rapport between these two characters to make us believe they want to be together but we keep seeing conflicts. Relationships based on conflict ultimately fail. Even Howard/Bernadette who have massive differences, still show a genuine affection towards each other. And the same goes for Amy/Sheldon in their own strange way.

I agree the writing sucks for them not sure why when you compare it to Sheldon/penny or Sheldon/Amy for example I wish I knew but it's not there, I agree it was forced and too soon one minute they're friends the next she says his name while making out on a date with Stuart(without an explenation or I felt like a scene or episode was missing) and then all of a sudden she doesn't want him to go the artic and then she proceds to jump him like out of a scene of a raunchy movie, how does it go from two bad dates to her feeling like jumping him and suffered because of it. Like I said Lorre said the reason he broke them up is they weren't ready yet the writing for them has not changed so what's different? Now if Leonard could not be so petty and a little more likeable and the writting changed it might be better.

Of course it's always Leonard's fault. How petty.....Now if Penny could only stay sober and out of the bed of every guy with a warm body.

Of course it's always Leonard's fault. How petty.....Now if Penny could only stay sober and out of the bed of every guy with a warm body.

Shut up Rick, he is don't deny it he is that way he gets jeolous of anyone that has an achievement, she doesn't even act that way for some time and she didn't just sleep with anyone take out raj the guys she would sleep with were boyfriends not so random guy you seem to thank.

Hmmm, I'm not sure where you got that from my post, LOL! :icon_eek::icon_lol:

Again, I haven't seen yet season 4, so I don't know if there were some amazing scenes between Leonard and Penny... My opinion is based purely on seasons 1-3, and partial 5.

Chemistry is subjective, true. In case of Sheldon and Penny, there's an undeniable comedic goldmine - they are just so so very funny!

They were super funny when they were "enemies", and they are still funny now that they are becoming best friends. So I'm hoping for more scenes between Sheldon and Penny, and I love love love their friendship. However, in terms of their romantic lives, I love what is currently going on between Sheldon and Amy. I don't think they will end up together, but for now, it's perfect. Amy is a godsend.

Coming back to Leonard and Penny - their sex was very bad in the beginning. Then they tried again, now it's all better, whatever. I still don't see the chemistry. Maybe the writers need to give them new lines, maybe the actors intentionally dialed down their natural attraction to each other because they were trying to hide their secret relationship (as revealed by the female actress who plays Penny)...

I don't know. All I can say, in seasons 1-3 I do NOT see the spark between Penny and Leonard, the romantic stuff between them looks boring. I'm very sorry if I offend the fans of this relationship, I don't have a dog in this fight, it's just the way I see it. Again, I'm a very new fan, and just recently started watching. Maybe my opinion will change once I fully catch up with the show.

As for the sex it was bad at the beginning but the next episode all of a sudden not only is it better they found their rhythm or something and it's great yet he needs his inhaler at times for his ashtma while penny has incerdible stamina that doesn't add up.

Both Penny AND Leonard are to blame in their failed relationship. Penny is not a saint, and Leonard is not eiither.. and IMO Penny does have an extra 10% of responsability due to the fact that she broke Leonard's heart just as he told her he loved her.

also I don't understand what asthma has to do with anything.. so because the guy has respiratory problems he cannot be with Penny?? WTF is that? I have an ex-boyfriend who was asthmatic and he was still great in the sack..

"Shut up Rick, he is don't deny it he is that way he gets jeolous of anyone that has an achievement, she doesn't even act that way for some time and she didn't just sleep with anyone take out raj the guys she would sleep with were boyfriends not so random guy you seem to thank".

Wow, nice post.

Didn't she go out with the girls to find some guy to have sex with and bite on the butt? Didn't Sheldon make comments on how many sexual partners she had and how many guys only spent one night in her apartment then never to be seen again? Didn't she even exchange spit with Amy when she went for a girl's night out and took Sheldon along? As for Leonard's asthma, what about Penny packing on the pounds? You don't hear Leonard making comments to her about turning into a tubby do you?

Both Penny AND Leonard are to blame in their failed relationship. Penny is not a saint, and Leonard is not eiither.. and IMO Penny does have an extra 10% of responsability due to the fact that she broke Leonard's heart just as he told her he loved her.

also I don't understand what asthma has to do with anything.. so because the guy has respiratory problems he cannot be with Penny?? WTF is that? I have an ex-boyfriend who was asthmatic and he was still great in the sack..

What did you want penny to do tell him I love you back when she wasn't she did the right thing.

As for Leonard it means he can't keep up with penny and I didn't say they shouldn't be together because of it.

The day Leonard is a stallion is the day I see flying elephants

Haven't Sheldon, Howard, and even the lady downstairs made comments on the how loud Penny is when Leonard is servicing her? He must be doing something right. Also wasn't it Penny who said that she made a mistake when she broke up with Leonard? It sounds like she thought she should have stayed with Leonard too.

"Shut up Rick, he is don't deny it he is that way he gets jeolous of anyone that has an achievement, she doesn't even act that way for some time and she didn't just sleep with anyone take out raj the guys she would sleep with were boyfriends not so random guy you seem to thank".

Wow, nice post.

Didn't she go out with the girls to find some guy to have sex with and bite on the butt? Didn't Sheldon make comments on how many sexual partners she had and how many guys only spent one night in her apartment then never to be seen again? Didn't she even exchange spit with Amy when she went for a girl's night out and took Sheldon along? As for Leonard's asthma, what about Penny packing on the pounds? You don't hear Leonard making comments to her about turning into a tubby do you?

do you take everything literal about what penny says she was joking and that's the way girls talk with one another. Sheldon didn't know Pennys number not to mention way off and I'm pretty sure they have never shown guys leaving in the morning and she doesn't sleep with every guy. I believe Amy kissed her first. You crossed a line there you're insulting Kaley not Penny and if that's fat I would hate to see what skinny is to you and she did not pack on the pounds and Leonard is lucky to be with penny wheter she has put on a couple pounds which she hasn't done.

Haven't Sheldon, Howard, and even the lady downstairs made comments on the how loud Penny is when Leonard is servicing her? He must be doing something right. Also wasn't it Penny who said that she made a mistake when she broke up with Leonard? It sounds like she thought she should have stayed with Leonard too.

Howard never made a comment and penny didn't know how she felt and not to mention Leonard got a little serious for her.

I seem to remember that one morning when Howard and Raj were on outs, Penny and Leonard got up to find Howard cooking breakfast. He congratulated Leonard because from what he could hear from Penny, Leonard had done an admirable job keeping Penny happy (that's a paraphrase of the comment). In other words, Penny was loud when Leonard serviced her.

As for Leonard getting too serious for her, she said that she had made a mistake. Evidently after further thought on the matter she believed that she made a mistake breaking up with him because he was "too serious".

I seem to remember that one morning when Howard and Raj were on outs, Penny and Leonard got up to find Howard cooking breakfast. He congratulated Leonard because from what he could hear from Penny, Leonard had done an admirable job keeping Penny happy (that's a paraphrase of the comment). In other words, Penny was loud when Leonard serviced her.

As for Leonard getting too serious for her, she said that she had made a mistake. Evidently after further thought on the matter she believed that she made a mistake breaking up with him because he was "too serious".

penny is loud period it nothing to do with Leonard, they were still in their pjs so yeah it was a natural assumption and no Howard did not hear them.

Yes if you feel your boyfriend too serious for you and you're not ready then yeah maybe he needs to get with someone else that would, I know penny said she made a mistake BUT SHE DID NOT FEEL THAT WAY AT THE TIME AND DID NOT REALIZE WHAT SHE WAS GIVING UP. It didn't help that Leonard kept on and if priya never appears does she feel this way probably not. What do you what her too say I love you to Leonard and lead him on?

penny is loud period it nothing to do with Leonard, they were still in their pjs so yeah it was a natural assumption and no Howard did not hear them.

Yes if you feel your boyfriend too serious for you and you're not ready then yeah maybe he needs to get with someone else that would, I know penny said she made a mistake BUT SHE DID NOT FEEL THAT WAY AT THE TIME AND DID NOT REALIZE WHAT SHE WAS GIVING UP. It didn't help that Leonard kept on and if priya never appears does she feel this way probably not. What do you what her too say I love you to Leonard and lead him on?

Howard heard Penny while she and Leonard was having sex. He congratulated Leonard on a job well done judging from the sounds that Penny was making. It was pretty plain what he was talking about. Good grief. There is no other interpretation.

No he didn't they were in the kitchen when he knocked on the door, maybe you talking about him coming in while they were making out in sheldon's spot.

If he heard they would have had her on the show and why are you arguing about something like this. Oh no penny is sleeping with her boyfriend.

Penny would've made those sounds wheter it is Leonard or anyone else it had nothing to do with Leonard or his abilities.

No he didn't they were in the kitchen when he knocked on the door, maybe you talking about him coming in while they were making out in sheldon's spot.

If he heard they would have had her on the show and why are you arguing about something like this. Oh no penny is sleeping with her boyfriend.

Penny would've made those sounds wheter it is Leonard or anyone else it had nothing to do with Leonard or his abilities.

Really? And you know this how? Spent a lot of nights with Penny?

Sorry.. but rick nailed it.

Howard's comment to Leonard and Penny ("Bravo Leonard") is made to the both of them in the kitchen whilst he is serving them breakfast.

Mrs "whatshername" also comments to Leonard in the corridor "Good morning, Leonard. Or should I say "YeeHaw!""

ok... continue.....

Howard's comment to Leonard and Penny ("Bravo Leonard") is made to the both of them in the kitchen whilst he is serving them breakfast.

Mrs "whatshername" also comments to Leonard in the corridor "Good morning, Leonard. Or should I say "YeeHaw!""

Have you ever used a guy/gal for sex? When you're drunk and lusty, and all that matters is the itch to scratch?

Penny loves sex, she's very experienced, she's very aggressive in the bedroom, she initiates, she's on top, she's vocal. When she's drunk and lusty, she loses any semblance of control. All of that makes for a very pleasurable experience for Penny, but it doesn't make Leonard a sex god, just a warm body to fill the need.

The "YeeHaw!" IMO is much more telling about Penny's attitude towards sex than about Leonard's skills or lack thereof in the bedroom.

Have you ever used a guy/gal for sex? When you're drunk and lusty, and all that matters is the itch to scratch?

Penny loves sex, she's very experienced, she's very aggressive in the bedroom, she initiates, she's on top, she's vocal. When she's drunk and lusty, she loses any semblance of control. All of that makes for a very pleasurable experience for Penny, but it doesn't make Leonard a sex god, just a warm body to fill the need.

The "YeeHaw!" IMO is much more telling about Penny's attitude towards sex than about Leonard's skills or lack thereof in the bedroom.

Thank you someone with reasoning, she said she's a big ol' five which means she's the agressor and probably is quiet with who she's with even if they suck.