The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbolt

Penny and Leonard

Sorry.. but rick nailed it.

Howard's comment to Leonard and Penny ("Bravo Leonard") is made to the both of them in the kitchen whilst he is serving them breakfast.

Mrs "whatshername" also comments to Leonard in the corridor "Good morning, Leonard. Or should I say "YeeHaw!""

Have you ever used a guy/gal for sex? When you're drunk and lusty, and all that matters is the itch to scratch?

Penny loves sex, she's very experienced, she's very aggressive in the bedroom, she initiates, she's on top, she's vocal. When she's drunk and lusty, she loses any semblance of control. All of that makes for a very pleasurable experience for Penny, but it doesn't make Leonard a sex god, just a warm body to fill the need.

The "YeeHaw!" IMO is much more telling about Penny's attitude towards sex than about Leonard's skills or lack thereof in the bedroom.

Thank you someone with reasoning, she said she's a big ol' five which means she's the agressor and probably is quiet with who she's with even if they suck.

So that somehow equates to Leonard being bad in bed? You would think that Penny would never return for a second encounter if he was that bad. Pria either. Yet they both seemed more then satisfied in that department and keep coming back for more. Maybe he is a great post-coitus conversationalist .

People who will get with just anyone to "scratch their itch" are not very highly thought of in this and every other society that I can think of. I believe that Amy made a comment about Penny being a skank when Penny went along with Sheldon and Amy on their first date and Sheldon explained his mathematical formula for determining the number of sexual partners that Penny has had. A while ago Penny would be the type of girl that you partied with but never got serious with. With the number of incurable std's in the modern World, if you were sober and knew of her past history you may not want to party with her either.

So that somehow equates to Leonard being bad in bed?

A while ago Penny would be the type of girl that you partied with but never got serious with. With the number of incurable std's in the modern World, if you were sober and knew of her past history you may not want to party with her either.

True and true.

It doesn't make Leonard bad in bed, and it also cannot be taken as proof of his superior skill. The "YeeHaw" incident was a comment on sex and Penny, not sex and Leonard.

Penny needs to stop hopping into bed when drunk as the solution to her problems. I cringed when I saw Penny in high school (remember that scene when she was so relieved to find out she wasn't pregnant?), she looked like a dumb skank. She's so much better than that.

Sorry.. but rick nailed it.

Howard's comment to Leonard and Penny ("Bravo Leonard") is made to the both of them in the kitchen whilst he is serving them breakfast.

Mrs "whatshername" also comments to Leonard in the corridor "Good morning, Leonard. Or should I say "YeeHaw!""

Have you ever used a guy/gal for sex? When you're drunk and lusty, and all that matters is the itch to scratch?

Penny loves sex, she's very experienced, she's very aggressive in the bedroom, she initiates, she's on top, she's vocal. When she's drunk and lusty, she loses any semblance of control. All of that makes for a very pleasurable experience for Penny, but it doesn't make Leonard a sex god, just a warm body to fill the need.

The "YeeHaw!" IMO is much more telling about Penny's attitude towards sex than about Leonard's skills or lack thereof in the bedroom.

Thank you someone with reasoning, she said she's a big ol' five which means she's the agressor and probably is quiet with who she's with even if they suck.

So that somehow equates to Leonard being bad in bed? You would think that Penny would never return for a second encounter if he was that bad. Pria either. Yet they both seemed more then satisfied in that department and keep coming back for more. Maybe he is a great post-coitus conversationalist .

People who will get with just anyone to "scratch their itch" are not very highly thought of in this and every other society that I can think of. I believe that Amy made a comment about Penny being a skank when Penny went along with Sheldon and Amy on their first date and Sheldon explained his mathematical formula for determining the number of sexual partners that Penny has had. A while ago Penny would be the type of girl that you partied with but never got serious with. With the number of incurable std's in the modern World, if you were sober and knew of her past history you may not want to party with her either.

First of all it does not mean that Leonard is bad nore does it mean he's good either and priya and priya discussed his foreplay and not the act itself and of course penny wouldn't have stayed with if he was bad maybe he's okay in bed or good enough.

First of all Amy didn't even know penny to make that statement and sheldon didn't have the facts either for one he didn't know penny before she met him, she just got out of a four year relationship with Kurt and dated Leonard almost a year and I doubt she just sleeps with every guy that is interested so I'll say sheldon's math is way off.

And yet Penny had a thoughtful look on her face as though she was mentally doing some counting then instead of denying it she tried to change the subject. Sheldon nailed it.

And yet Penny had a thoughtful look on her face as though she was mentally doing some counting then instead of denying it she tried to change the subject. Sheldon nailed it.

That it made her uncomfortable and wanted to talk about something else and it nothing to do with wheter Sheldon was right or not, like she's going to list the guys just to prove a point.

Part of Sheldon's math came from the numbers of men he had encountered leaving Penny's apartment in the mornings. But there can't be any significance to them leaving her apartment in the mornings. That can't mean anything at all.

there can't be any significance to them leaving her apartment in the mornings. That can't mean anything at all.

The proverbal "walk of shame" can't mean anything?

I'm afraid Sheldon nailed it, his math was spot on. I just hope for Penny's sake she'll grow out of it. Such wanton behavior is stupid and destructive.

In a way, Penny's preoccupation with sex is just as unhealthy as Sheldon's denial of sex. It's the opposite side of the coin.

Part of Sheldon's math came from the numbers of men he had encountered leaving Penny's apartment in the mornings. But there can't be any significance to them leaving her apartment in the mornings. That can't mean anything at all.

Like I said for scientist Sheldon didn't have all the facts.

Like I said for scientist Sheldon didn't have all the facts.

Nope. I'm sure he didn't. But you cannot argue that he is completely wrong. Penny's behavior with Dave Underhill more than adequately demonstrated she is far from a paragon of virtue.

I can argue that he is not completely wrong. 1) He has seen the number of men leaving Penny's apartment in the morning and what they looked like, and how many times he had seen them before if ever 2) He has mentioned that he can hear Penny when in her apartment and in Leonard's bedroom.

Sheldon nailed it.

I can argue that he is not completely wrong. 1) He has seen the number of men leaving Penny's apartment in the morning and what they looked like, and how many times he had seen them before if ever 2) He has mentioned that he can hear Penny when in her apartment and in Leonard's bedroom.

Sheldon nailed it.

Well I can still poke holes in sheldon's math but he did some formula of how he got the number.

Of course he can hear penny she's loud with whom ever she's with and the apartments aren't that far apart, the walls and door are not very thick or sound proof.

This is what's so great about this show. It's not just laughs and funnies, it's about character development and growth.

The boys are changing greatly from their interaction with Penny who teaches them social and emotional skills. Penny is also benefiting from her exposure to these sweet smart guys, who teach her to appreciate intellect and to realize the stupidity of some of her choices.

In the episodes discussed for one Howard did hear how he got in the apt. I don't know but creppy and is disgusting I'm surprised he didn't try to film the and or spy on them and was in the kitchen and just a few feet way from them and the walls are thin if they were whispering he would've heard them don't make it sound like Leonard is banging penny's brains out and Howard is the apartments parking lot and could hear them from out there as could the building, plus penny's the aggresor in bed of course she would be a little vocal regardless of who she's with. Let's not act like he's a sex god and doesn't mean he is bad either.

As for the episode of the old lady, penny is mad at Leonard for ruining her for normal guys and took it out on him and since she is wasted she would be a little more vocal if sober.

LIKE THE 2.0 BETA, THEY ARE TAKING SLOW.

THEY JUST RUSH IN TO IT SEASON 3, DID NOT

KNOW EACH OTHER,ON THE SHOW.

DID THEY DATE FOR 2 YEARS ON THE SHOW

KEEPED IT QUITE IN REAL LIFE.

LIKE THE 2.0 BETA, THEY ARE TAKING SLOW.

THEY JUST RUSH IN TO IT SEASON 3, DID NOT

KNOW EACH OTHER,ON THE SHOW.

DID THEY DATE FOR 2 YEARS ON THE SHOW

KEEPED IT QUITE IN REAL LIFE.

What does Kaley and Johnny have anything to do with it?

THEY JUST RUSH IN TO IT SEASON 3, DID NOT. Well did they or didn't they?

Yes the actors that play penny and Leonard dated in real life.

I don't dislike either character. In fact, I really like Penny, and I like Leonard when he's not trying to be something he's not. BUT, speaking just for myself of course, I really don't like them together -- there's just no chemistry.* I will say that I think the 2.0 seems to be a healthier relationship than what they had the first time around, but still .... no sparks that I can see.

*Chemistry = that unquantifiable, unpredictable and almost always unplanned "magic" that happens between 2 actors on screen. It can't be artificially created by the writers - it's either there or it isn't.

Priya is thankfully gone. Zak is too stupid for modern Penny. She can't stand to be around him. If they give up on Leonard and Penny they will have to find her someone new. A not so stupid guy.

Penny -- I'd like to see her on her own for awhile. You know, define herself as an individual before jumping into another relationship, be it with Leonard (not my preference) or someone else. Lots of comedy potential to be had from Penny trying all sorts of new jobs/careers on for size. :D

Sheldon and Leonard's mother would be no different than Sheldon and Amy. Beverly has shown that she also has the same desires that Amy does. It may only surface when she drinks but it is there. Leslie is also gone.

Sheldon -- not to take the thread off topic, but Sheldon doesn't need someone just like him (Amy, Dr. Hofstader), but someone more like his own mother who understands him and fills in his gaps. His "human credential," as it were.*

*I used to work with a brilliant guy who was a lot like Sheldon once; his wife of 40 years was practically his polar opposite -- warm, funny, down to earth, caring, thoughtful. They were devoted to each other. At one dinner party, he mentioned to the group that he owed all of his professional success to his wife, as she was his "human credential." He knew he lacked almost all social skills, but when people saw that someone as great as his wife loved him, then they would know he couldn't be that bad. (And he really was a nice guy once you looked past his habits and quirks.) I see Sheldon as needing someone like that.

I don't dislike either character. In fact, I really like Penny, and I like Leonard when he's not trying to be something he's not. BUT, speaking just for myself of course, I really don't like them together -- there's just no chemistry. I will say that I think the 2.0 seems to be a healthier relationship than what they had the first time around, but still .... no sparks that I can see.

Priya is thankfully gone. Zak is too stupid for modern Penny. She can't stand to be around him. If they give up on Leonard and Penny they will have to find her someone new. A not so stupid guy.

Penny -- I'd like to see her on her own for awhile. You know, define herself as an individual before jumping into another relationship, be it with Leonard (not my preference) or someone else. Lots of comedy potential to be had from Penny trying all sorts of new jobs/careers on for size. :D

Sheldon and Leonard's mother would be no different than Sheldon and Amy. Beverly has shown that she also has the same desires that Amy does. It may only surface when she drinks but it is there. Leslie is also gone.

Sheldon -- not to take the thread off topic, but Sheldon doesn't need someone just like him (Amy, Dr. Hofstader), but someone more like his own mother who understands him and fills in his gaps. His "human credential," as it were.*

*I used to work with a brilliant guy who was a lot like Sheldon once; his wife of 40 years was practically his polar opposite -- warm, funny, down to earth, caring, thoughtful. They were devoted to each other. At one dinner party, he mentioned to the group that he owed all of his professional success to his wife, as she was his "human credential." He knew he lacked almost all social skills, but when people saw that someone as great as his wife loved him, then they would know he couldn't be that bad. (And he really was a nice guy once you looked past his habits and quirks.) I see Sheldon as needing someone like that.

Well o agree with you about Leonard I'd like him to just be himself he tries to hard and needs to realize he's a nerd know matter who he does or doesn't date and a girl won't change that.

But I agree with their new relationship but it doesn't say much because the first time was just a mess and wreck and not realistic, maybe if they tried to 2.0 at first it would work. Yet most people think they're this great couple yet they lack everything a on screen couple needs.

I agree about penny season 5 is almost over and we know very little about her and they need to develop her before she gets in a relationship of any kind. I disliked Penny season 4 most of the time she's saying what a great guy he is but didn't really say why or would moon over him instead if getting on with her life and making him realize what he misses instead of mooning over him and even though she did break up with him.

I agree about Sheldonshe doesn't need someone like Amy who lacks emotion and is too much like him, what he needs is someone that's caring and nuturing someone that is like his mom or someone that has similar qualities that penny has.

How about the simple yet sappy answer of they complete each other? There is a part of Leonard's life that is missing something that Penny seems to fill (not talking about sex), and the same holds true for Penny. Leonard fills a part of her life that is missing. Life can get pretty boring if you always do the smart and safe thing without ever taking any chances which also includes doing things just for the fun of it and not always staying in your comfort zone. On the other hand there does have to be times in your life for contemplation, to be serious, and yet some fantasy.

It seems to me that Leonard is much more willing then the other guys to get out of his comfort zone and try new things, and meet new people mostly because of his association with Penny. It also seems to me that Penny has become a much more mature acting person without losing her enthusiasm for living life and her talent for comforting other people. They have both improved as human beings since knowing each other.

Except they don't complete each other, how did penny take a chance with Leonard if anything he's a safe choice ie settling, any woman that would take over what leonard's mom couldn't do would be enough for Leonard, yes it has made realize she could date a nice guy but outside of these we don't know why they have dated as of right now they're polar opposites that have nothing in common.

Yes Penny has improved as a person since knowing Leonard as well as knowing Sheldon, raj, Howard, Amy and Bernadette as well.

I have always had a problem with the idea that you need someone else to "complete" you. Push you to be more? Yes. But pull you towards some sort of baseline? No.

Both Leonard and Penny have personal issues stemming from their relationship (or lack thereof) with a parent, and as a result they both crave physical warmth and approval. But it is simply not healthy for them to look to each other to fill that role, to depend on some sort of external validation of their own self-worth. If I am to buy the Leonard/Penny relationship, the writers need to develop them individually, on their own, first, which I agree with cbolt that they haven't done yet. Yes, P/L have changed somewhat since their first trainwreck, but not enough for 2.0 to be healthy, IMHO.

And unfortunately, there's nothing the writers can do to address the fact (as I perceive it) that Kaley and Johnny simply don't have that much chemistry on screen together. I am NOT saying that they aren't good actors, just that they don't seem to "click" together. Again, OMMV and obviously does.

I have always had a problem with the idea that you need someone else to "complete" you. Push you to be more? Yes. But pull you towards some sort of baseline? No.

Both Leonard and Penny have personal issues stemming from their relationship (or lack thereof) with a parent, and as a result they both crave physical warmth and approval. But it is simply not healthy for them to look to each other to fill that role, to depend on some sort of external validation of their own self-worth. If I am to buy the Leonard/Penny relationship, the writers need to develop them individually, on their own, first, which I agree with cbolt that they haven't done yet. Yes, P/L have changed somewhat since their first trainwreck, but not enough for 2.0 to be healthy, IMHO.

And unfortunately, there's nothing the writers can do to address the fact (as I perceive it) that Kaley and Johnny simply don't have that much chemistry on screen together. I am NOT saying that they aren't good actors, just that they don't seem to "click" together. Again, OMMV and obviously does.

If you need another person to complete you or make you happy then you're a little damanged and have some issues that need addressed, now at least leonard's problems at times have been mentioned even if briefly, as for penny it was mentioned briefly in the one episode however briefly. But I agree they need to develop both of them and address their issues before trying a relationship before.

I don't know what Kaley and Johnny were like in the audition together and if drafting the show from scrap if the writers initially wanted penny and Leonard to eventual date but I don't know if it's the actors since they dated in real life trying to hard but I would think they could seperate these two but p/l lack everything to be a great or even good couple not sure if it's the actors or something else bu they lack chemistry together.

I've seen shows where the on screen couple either are or at one time were together on and off the screen and on screen they didn't like on screen chemistry.

I'm really enjoying seeing some old skool Leonard and Penny moments lately. Hope it continues into season 6.

I'm not sure how this past episode is old school moment wouldn't it be new school