The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbolt

Penny and Leonard

Penny and Leonard have abundant chemistry... Johnny and Kaley, whatever you want to call it. They are NOT supposed to be your textbook couple you know, past emotional issues or not.

Frankly during the last episode I failed to see any chemistry problem between Penny and Leonard. I thought their scene together was nice.

Penny bashing? You do realize that the only reason that I bash Penny is because you were so insistent on bashing Leonard, and I don't particularly care for the character? Besides, Penny is a very easy character to bash. She is portrayed as someone who drinks entirely too much, does some really stupid things because of it, and uses her looks to take advantage of the knuckleheads next door. They are idiots for putting up with it and she is a parasite for using her looks to take advantage of them. She may be a basically nice person with some flaws, but she does have some major character flaws.

I believe that I will continue to bash Penny because it's fun, it's easy (sort of like Penny, right?), and some people who have the hots for her get so bent out of shape about it.

Way to show your intelligence(or maybe it's lack of), i only bash leonard when its deserved and no penny is not easy, maybe i need to be so short(like leonard) with my comments

I know you believe that Penny dumping Leonard was the luckiest day in his life. But his character wouldn't. Leonard is smitten with her in a big way. She's uneducated, and likes a drink but he can't help himself. He's tried to have other girlfriends but he keeps going back. I understand your reasons for why you believe he could do much better, but people don't always make reasoned choices (unless we are talking Sheldon) they think with their hearts and sometimes their libido's.

Penny is a waitress who can't act to save her life, and has no direction at all. Logically speaking, Leonard shouldn't even bother with her but he believes he's not good enough! This guy is 'off the planet' smart, amazingly tolerant of his crazy roommate, who he should have moved on from years ago, But he doesn't, he sticks around because he loves these people. And this is the single most likeable thing about Leonard! If you took that away he wouldn't be who he is.

you are talking to rick right?

"Way to show your intelligence(or maybe it's lack of), i only bash leonard when its deserved and no penny is not easy, maybe i need to be so short(like leonard) with my comments"

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make in the first half of your sentence. As for bashing Leonard only when deserved, do you mean like in the scene between Leonard and Penny during the last episode when Leonard compared himself to a wild stallion and you went off on him? Something about him being like Howard, over confident, and short? He deserved that?

As for Penny not being easy, yes she is. Sheldon thinks she is. Amy called her a skank, and she got drunk and went to be with Raj. She's easy.

"Way to show your intelligence(or maybe it's lack of), i only bash leonard when its deserved and no penny is not easy, maybe i need to be so short(like leonard) with my comments"

I'm not really sure what point you are trying to make in the first half of your sentence. As for bashing Leonard only when deserved, do you mean like in the scene between Leonard and Penny during the last episode when Leonard compared himself to a wild stallion and you went off on him? Something about him being like Howard, over confident, and short? He deserved that?

As for Penny not being easy, yes she is. Sheldon thinks she is. Amy called her a skank, and she got drunk and went to be with Raj. She's easy.

for one that was the old penny and amy had no right to say anything when the first met, plus sheldon isn't a great example due to his lack of social skills.

first part yes

Frankly during the last episode I failed to see any chemistry problem between Penny and Leonard. I thought their scene together was nice.

because that's the first real scence that made them look like an actual couple for the first time in the series

"for one that was the old penny and amy had no right to say anything when the first met, plus sheldon isn't a great example due to his lack of social skills."

When did Penny change from the "old Penny" to the "New Penny"? I am not sure when exactly that happened. As for Amy not having the right to say what she did and Sheldon's lack of social skills, how does that make anything that they said less true?

"for one that was the old penny and amy had no right to say anything when the first met, plus sheldon isn't a great example due to his lack of social skills."

When did Penny change from the "old Penny" to the "New Penny"? I am not sure when exactly that happened. As for Amy not having the right to say what she did and Sheldon's lack of social skills, how does that make anything that they said less true?

If you weren't such a hyprocrite you'd see and yes amy hadn't no right since she didn't know penny and Sheldon is Sheldon.

How am I a hypocrite (another personal attack isn't it?) and how does that prevent me from knowing when Penny changed from the "Old Penny" to the "New Penny"? Do YOU know? Perhaps this is just something that you made up?

Amy hear the calculations that Sheldon had made and came to a logical conclusion based on those calculations. As for Sheldon being Sheldon, in what was does that invalidate his observations? Perhaps most people wouldn't haven't mentioned it but makes it no less true.

How am I a hypocrite (another personal attack isn't it?) and how does that prevent me from knowing when Penny changed from the "Old Penny" to the "New Penny"? Do YOU know? Perhaps this is just something that you made up?

Amy hear the calculations that Sheldon had made and came to a logical conclusion based on those calculations. As for Sheldon being Sheldon, in what was does that invalidate his observations? Perhaps most people wouldn't haven't mentioned it but makes it no less true.

Well you bash penny but get upset if I do it to your precious hobbit.

Sheldon's calculations were crap and just made up.

Sheldon dose that all the time. It was a little annoying how he handled the relationship agreement recently. Pretty much makes it and the roommate agreement moot from this point forward...

Oh well. He's nuts though, and the other characters care enough about him to not call him out on it I'll bet.

Sheldon dose that all the time. It was a little annoying how he handled the relationship agreement recently. Pretty much makes it and the roommate agreement moot from this point forward...

Oh well. He's nuts though, and the other characters care enough about him to not call him out on it I'll bet.

He's stubborn as heck. Would you like to argue with him? I certainly wouldn't.

Let me ask again how does that make me incapable of knowing when there was an "old Penny" and a "new Penny"? Please clarify. Are we just skipping over that part?

As for Sheldon's calculations being crap...... no they're not.

Let me ask again how does that make me incapable of knowing when there was an "old Penny" and a "new Penny"? Please clarify. Are we just skipping over that part?

Okay, I'm not at all sure about the Penny 1.0 / Penny 1.1 transition. People are organic and subject to change, but it is NOT a digital transition, changes are gradual making a definite point of change difficult to pin point, and is more a matter of an individuals point of perception rather than a defined point in time and space. So you will have to help me out there...

I'm very interested in how you can validate Sheldon's calculations. Where exactly are they defined?

Well for one penny dresses and acts different than the earlier seasons.

Actually sheldon's are and there's someone holes in it.

So the Penny of this season is the "New Penny" and from all the other seasons she is the "Old Penny"?

Just wanted to be sure. I guess that night with Raj was a real life changer.

So let's just forget Sheldon's computations and go with the number of different guys that Sheldon has seen leaving Penny's apartment in the morning. That number itself is not something Penny or anyone else should be proud of.

So the Penny of this season is the "New Penny" and from all the other seasons she is the "Old Penny"?

Just wanted to be sure. I guess that night with Raj was a real life changer.

So let's just forget Sheldon's computations and go with the number of different guys that Sheldon has seen leaving Penny's apartment in the morning. That number itself is not something Penny or anyone else should be proud of.

You can't deny that penny has changed if you don't you just don't like her.

For one I can count on one hand the guys on the show we've seen penny with and since it's Sheldon he probably made up a number and his math and the basis of formula was just far fetched and ridicolus.

Just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean that there hasn't been others. Penny did not strongly deny Sheldon's numbers. She started to, stopped and started counting in her head, then wanted to drop the whole subject. Sheldon wasn't lying when he mentioned how many men he saw leaving her apartment in the morning. He also mentioned at one time how many men only spent one night and were never seen again. Something about her being an expert on breaking up with people.

As for the "old Penny" and the "new Penny", if we buy off on that premise then to be fair we have to also have to say that there is an "old Leonard" and a "new Leonard" and anything he said or did in the previous seasons do not count and cannot he held against him. That's only fair, right?

Just because we haven't seen them doesn't mean that there hasn't been others. Penny did not strongly deny Sheldon's numbers. She started to, stopped and started counting in her head, then wanted to drop the whole subject. Sheldon wasn't lying when he mentioned how many men he saw leaving her apartment in the morning. He also mentioned at one time how many men only spent one night and were never seen again. Something about her being an expert on breaking up with people.

As for the "old Penny" and the "new Penny", if we buy off on that premise then to be fair we have to also have to say that there is an "old Leonard" and a "new Leonard" and anything he said or did in the previous seasons do not count and cannot he held against him. That's only fair, right?

It probably made her uncomfortable and wanted to drop it like she was going to sit there and count, maybe if it's someone else she was with she might have defended herself more but since she was with two people who don't know how to act like human at times.

And since it's Sheldon and doesn't know much about relationships I'm not taking his word on that either.

Well since old Leonard was the better Leonard yeah I guess so.

Actually, the number of guys Penny was with is irrelevant. She's not married, she's free to date whomever she chooses, and if she wants to have sex, that's her choice. That may not be other people's choice, but hey, we're all different, and as long as she's not hurting anyone, why should we care how many boyfriends or one night stands she had?

"Easy" would imply that Penny would sleep with anyone at all, that she has zero standards, that anyone could get her into bed, all they had to do was ask. That's not the case.

Penny was actually very selective in who she went to bed with. The problem was that she used to be attracted to people based on rather shallow criteria. Hopefully, as Penny grows up and matures, that will change. IMO, it's already changing.

After Sheldon insulted Penny, she was free to do some math and figure out the incredible number of friends and colleagues he has insulted or offended and the incredible number of times he has done so due to Sheldon having the social skills of a toenail clipper.

But she didn't, and didn't have one of the guys help her with the math.

Good on ya Penny.

Or... She could have said I've HELPED you (Sheldon) more times than the number of men I've seen times 100... you're WELCOME you social rock you.

Actually, the number of guys Penny was with is irrelevant. She's not married, she's free to date whomever she chooses, and if she wants to have sex, that's her choice. That may not be other people's choice, but hey, we're all different, and as long as she's not hurting anyone, why should we care how many boyfriends or one night stands she had?

"Easy" would imply that Penny would sleep with anyone at all, that she has zero standards, that anyone could get her into bed, all they had to do was ask. That's not the case.

Penny was actually very selective in who she went to bed with. The problem was that she used to be attracted to people based on rather shallow criteria. Hopefully, as Penny grows up and matures, that will change. IMO, it's already changing.

Really? Unless she's had a few drinks you mean. As to the actual number, well society puts those labels on people both male and female. I don't really remember anyone finding it attractive or a reason to get serious with someone else when they find out that they have slept with a butt load of other people.

After Sheldon insulted Penny, she was free to do some math and figure out the incredible number of friends and colleagues he has insulted or offended and the incredible number of times he has done so due to Sheldon having the social skills of a toenail clipper.

But she didn't, and didn't have one of the guys help her with the math.

Good on ya Penny.

Or... She could have said I've HELPED you (Sheldon) more times than the number of men I've seen times 100... you're WELCOME you social rock you.

So what does the number of times Penny has helped Sheldon have to do with whether she is or isn't a skank? I really don't see the connection. I also don't see how Sheldon has treated people in the past somehow invalidates his observation on the number of people that Penny has bedded. Once again, I don't see the connection. That's like saying you can't know what color the sky is because you kicked my dog.

Cat is saying penny is a good friend to Sheldon and right now Sheldon isn't.

Really? Unless she's had a few drinks you mean. As to the actual number, well society puts those labels on people both male and female. I don't really remember anyone finding it attractive or a reason to get serious with someone else when they find out that they have slept with a butt load of other people.

Phooey! Even when drunk, Penny only sleeps with those she likes. She is NOT attracted to "everybody/anybody". No matter how drunk Penny gets, it's very difficult to image her sleeping with Howard, for example. She's not "easy".

As to the labels that "society" puts on people, who gives a rat's ass? Society also puts a label "nerd" and "loser" on such people as Leonard or Sheldon or Amy. Doesn't mean we should automatically denigrate what Leonard or Sheldon or Amy have to offer, just because "society" does not approve their nerdy lifestyle.

Gosh, it amazes me when in this day and age people are still worried and constrained by what "society" (meaning a bunch of other people with nothing better to do than judge and gossip) will think of them. Seriously? :icon_lol: IMHO, "society" better spend more time minding their own matters than judging other people's choices.

I think one of the most profound messages of the show is acceptance and looking behind the cover. On the surface, why would a gorgeous popular street-smart Penny ever befriend ridiculous nerds? Why would brilliant accompished scientists ever befriend a ditzy uneducated waitress? And yet, on a deeper level, we're seeing the human story of connection, frienship and love.

Doesn't matter how different or even opposite were the covers. It's about the HUMAN choice to transcend the circumstances, make that connection and find the best in each other, and to hell with how "society" judges our heroes. :icon_lol:

Who cares what society thinks about something? How about the people that live in that society. Perhaps the reason that society frowns on things like that is because it can be very destructive, you know, like public intoxication, rude or violent behavior, drug addiction.

There are things like the HIV virus and STDS that are destructive to society and more specifically to the individual. In addition, they are STUPID. As to Penny only going to bed with people that she cares for, one of the points that Sheldon made was the number of men who only spent one night and were never seen by him again. Also I seem to remember Penny mentioning something about getting drunk, hooking up with someone, and doing the walk of shame in the morning. Gee, I think that Penny is in fact, easy, or least when she is bombed, which unfortunately for her is often. Another thing that pesky society frowns upon.

Phooey! Even when drunk, Penny only sleeps with those she likes. She is NOT attracted to "everybody/anybody". No matter how drunk Penny gets, it's very difficult to image her sleeping with Howard, for example. She's not "easy".

As to the labels that "society" puts on people, who gives a rat's ass? Society also puts a label "nerd" and "loser" on such people as Leonard or Sheldon or Amy. Doesn't mean we should automatically denigrate what Leonard or Sheldon or Amy have to offer, just because "society" does not approve their nerdy lifestyle.

Gosh, it amazes me when in this day and age people are still worried and constrained by what "society" (meaning a bunch of other people with nothing better to do than judge and gossip) will think of them. Seriously? :icon_lol: IMHO, "society" better spend more time minding their own matters than judging other people's choices.

I think one of the most profound messages of the show is acceptance and looking behind the cover. On the surface, why would a gorgeous popular street-smart Penny ever befriend ridiculous nerds? Why would brilliant accompished scientists ever befriend a ditzy uneducated waitress? And yet, on a deeper level, we're seeing the human story of connection, frienship and love.

Doesn't matter how different or even opposite were the covers. It's about the HUMAN choice to transcend the circumstances, make that connection and find the best in each other, and to hell with how "society" judges our heroes. :icon_lol:

I agree with you I don't believe penny would just sleep with someone, before the episode I bet she thought raj was cute as is Sheldon but that doesn't mean she'd sleep with either just because.