The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbolt

Penny and Leonard

There are things like the HIV virus and STDS

There are also things like condoms. :icon_twisted:

All I'm saying is, Penny is not easy because she would not sleep with just anyone. She's quite selective in her own way.

The way Penny lives her life may not meet with your or mine approval, but then she's not asking for our approval, is she? :icon_wink:

What is better ultimately - to have slept with maybe 30 guys you liked by your mid twenties, like Penny, or to be a near virgin by your 30s, like Leonard or Sheldon? Neither is good or bad per se. Either one is a valid choice, and society better mind their own affairs than judge another person's bedroom habits.

Are condoms 100% effective. Ever had one break? I have. They are approximately 97% effective. That means 3% of the time they don't work. Bummer if you are with the wrong person when that happens. Ever hear that women who have multiple sexual partners also have an increased chance of cervical cancer? Then there are the little things that keep on giving for the rest of your life like herpes or the other ones like HIV that makes your life not so long.

As for it not being any of society's business, who foots the bill when you catch some of these little gems and you have medical bills up the wazoo? Or how about it you catch one of these critters and you pass it on to one or most of your 30 some partners? Is it just too bad for them? Should they say that you were soooooo goooooood that it was worth dying for? Reality check, it ain't. Was it worth periodically getting blisters in your groin area for the rest of your life and worrying about passing it on to someone else? No. Or maybe you don't worry about it.

Who is worse the person who has slept with 30 people before they reach 30 or someone else who has only slept with a few? The one who slept with a few. I bet the ones who slept with just a few can remember just about everything that happened and who it happened with. The one who slept with 30? Probably has trouble just how many and with who, and what's more most of them don't remember YOU. The 30 is just another night of banging some stranger.

As for society minding their own affairs and not judging someone's bedroom habits, most people could care less as long as you do keep it in the bedroom. But somehow it ends up spilling out of the bedroom and often becomes society's problem. But if you think that being easy is a good thing, go for it.

I think one of the most profound messages of the show is acceptance and looking behind the cover. On the surface' date=' why would a gorgeous popular street-smart Penny ever befriend ridiculous nerds?[/quote']

Because she uses them for free food... and free wi-fi... and uses their TV when she doesn't pay her bills... and borrow money... and ask for a ride to the hospital so she can then throw the guy who helped her under the bus...

Why would brilliant accompished scientists ever befriend a ditzy uneducated waitress?

Because they want to bang her. Also, if Sheldon had his way, they would NOT have become friends with Penny.

if you think that being easy is a good thing, go for it. And like what has most likely happened to Penny, you to might be able to get your name written on the walls of every men's room in a 20 mile radius.

Dude, chill out. :icon_lol:

We're talking about the show, mmmkay? It's silly to get personal over a fictional character with someone you've never met and never will, LOL. You don't know me, maybe I'm a 90 year old eunuch who likes little boys like you, maybe I'm a 15 year old girl in love with Sheldon Cooper, maybe I'm Chuck Lorre. That's not what we're discussing here, is it?

This is a TV show. It's all about exaggeration and hilarious situations, in order to make a point. Penny sleeping with 30 guys is just as real as Leonard sabotaging his best friend's career out of spite.

I'll tell you one thing though. In real life, I would never shake hands with someone like Leonard, if he really did something so rotten to his friend as when he betrayed Sheldon without any remorse. Such things are UNFORGIVABLE. On the other hand, if I met someone like Penny in real life - kind, considerate, trustworthy, even though uneducated and a bit on a trashy side - I wouldn't mind being her friend, and I wouldn't look down on her just because she partied it up. It's no skin off my nose, LOL.

I think one of the most profound messages of the show is acceptance and looking behind the cover. On the surface' date=' why would a gorgeous popular street-smart Penny ever befriend ridiculous nerds?[/quote']

Because she uses them for free food... and free wi-fi... and uses their TV when she doesn't pay her bills... and borrow money... and ask for a ride to the hospital so she can then throw the guy who helped her under the bus...

Why would brilliant accompished scientists ever befriend a ditzy uneducated waitress?

Because they want to bang her. Also, if Sheldon had his way, they would NOT have become friends with Penny.

Well penny didn't throw Sheldon under the bus and especially not after he helped her.

Well if this is real life the day Leonard made the decision to mess with Sheldon's experiment is the day he kissed his days as a scientist and at a major university maybe a high school would've hired him as a science teacher.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

she kinda did, she didn't tell him about the ticket and he had to go to court, and he ended up in jail

she kinda did, she didn't tell him about the ticket and he had to go to court, and he ended up in jail

Oh, come on! :icon_lol: Penny didn't tell Sheldon about the ticket, but she admitted the truth, went with him to the court and was ready to testify on his behalf.

She also felt very bad about it, and she tried her best to make it up to Sheldon, even to the point of agreeing to go on a date with Stuart and stalking Sheldon's idol.

Oh, come on! :icon_lol: Penny didn't tell Sheldon about the ticket, but she admitted the truth, went with him to the court and was ready to testify on his behalf.

She also felt very bad about it, and she tried her best to make it up to Sheldon, even to the point of agreeing to go on a date with Stuart and stalking Sheldon's idol.

She didn't tell him about the ticket as much as he discovered it all on his own. If Leonard had never found that letter, Sheldon would be sitting at home one day when the cops come and arrest him for failure to appear. They had no idea he was driving, until she ratted him out, and was perfectly willing to never mention it again. Oh, and she didn't even pay him back. Also, she abandoned him at Stan Lee's house.

She didn't tell him about the ticket as much as he discovered it all on his own. If Leonard had never found that letter, Sheldon would be sitting at home one day when the cops come and arrest him for failure to appear. They had no idea he was driving, until she ratted him out, and was perfectly willing to never mention it again. Oh, and she didn't even pay him back. Also, she abandoned him at Stan Lee's house.

Bad, bad Penny! :icon_lol:

She was afraid to tell Sheldon about the ticket. There was no danger of an arrest, he got the court notice in the mail. We don't know if Penny ever paid Sheldon back (didn't she offer?). Running from Stan Lee's house was hilarious, and also wise.

Penny went to great lengths to make it up to Sheldon. It was cute! :icon_lol:

But I agree with you. Bad, bad Penny! She should have sprung Sheldon from the jail. :icon_wink:

Yeah, but if she didn't do all of those things, then we wouldn't have had a great funny show with Sheldon going to jail. This stuff is made up for laughs!

She was afraid to tell Sheldon about the ticket. There was no danger of an arrest, he got the court notice in the mail.

If you don't show up for court, you get arrested.

Well penny didn't throw Sheldon under the bus and especially not after he helped her.

Well if this is real life the day Leonard made the decision to mess with Sheldon's experiment is the day he kissed his days as a scientist and at a major university maybe a high school would've hired him as a science teacher.

Leonard is bad. blah blah blah.

Rick every other sentence is how "bad" penny is but if someone writes anything bad about the "great" Leonard you get up and arms and then go on the defensive.

Rick every other sentence is how "bad" penny is but if someone writes anything bad about the "great" Leonard you get up and arms and then go on the defensive.

I agree, Leonard is no saint. What Raj, Howard and Leonard did to Sheldon was horrible, and yes would destroy their credibility in their field. Unless Sheldon never told everyone "they screwed with my experiment". Leonard's experiments never seem to be productive. He uses high powered lasers to melt action figures, with no sheilding behind the figurine, aloof to what would happen if the beam totally melted the figurine and istarted shopoting nto the wall. I find it odd how well Howard is doing... seeing as how he flooded the ISS with crap, crashed the Mars Rover and did eventually get caught over it, and then with the screwing of Sheldon's experiment. And with Raj, how many times can he get drunk and make a fool of himself before he gets fired? When he was trying to get on the Interstellar Research Team, he got drunk and hit on that girl. He asked Hawaii to point their telescope at Scarlett Johansen's house. And then there is Sheldon dropping all that foam on Kripke's lab and the President and the Board of Dirtectors... as well as probably ruining hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

Now that I think of it, none of them should still have their jobs.

They must be really brilliant, I thought Howard said when he didn't get his FBI clearance he said it set him back 2 years.

@cbolt pointing out Penny's mistakes is not bashing her. She DOES make mistakes. Does that mean she's a bad person? NO. But SHE DOES make mistakes. You keep talking like she's some perfect saint goddess and she is NOT, she has as many flaws AS THE REST OF THE CHARACTERS.

You said she never did anything wrong for Sheldon, I quoted an episode where SHE DID. That is not bashing is just objective memory. She said she wasn't driving and said Sheldon was to avoid paying for the ticket. If Leonard wouldn't have found it, Sheldon would have ended up in jail. He missed meeting Stan Lee and eathing gelatto, not to mention, he ended up in jail. She did offer to pay him back but ONLY if he never cashed the check (that equals = not paying him). AND yes, she did afterwards tried to make it up to him. But she did wrong him at first. There's no denying that.

@cbolt pointing out Penny's mistakes is not bashing her. She DOES make mistakes. Does that mean she's a bad person? NO. But SHE DOES make mistakes. You keep talking like she's some perfect saint goddess and she is NOT, she has as many flaws AS THE REST OF THE CHARACTERS.

You said she never did anything wrong for Sheldon, I quoted an episode where SHE DID. That is not bashing is just objective memory. She said she wasn't driving and said Sheldon was to avoid paying for the ticket. If Leonard wouldn't have found it, Sheldon would have ended up in jail. He missed meeting Stan Lee and eathing gelatto, not to mention, he ended up in jail. She did offer to pay him back but ONLY if he never cashed the check (that equals = not paying him). AND yes, she did afterwards tried to make it up to him. But she did wrong him at first. There's no denying that.

It's one thing to mention her mistakes but I see certain people post after post with the same thing list her faults like she's so bad or something but I don't see any posts about Leonard. Penny tried to fix it with the ticket and was sorry and at least she tries to do the right thing unlike some of the characters.

there is no need to post bad things about Leonard, cos you post them all.

And we were talking about Penny & Sheldon in this case, and my reply was about you saying that Penny never did anything wrong on Sheldon... why would I mention Leonard? he has screwed up too, but we were talking about Penny here.

anyhow, that's what I meant.

She felt bad about it? Well then that makes everything alright. After all, she felt bad about it. She didn't admit the truth, Sheldon caught her. Did she come to him and tell him that he was going to get a ticket because she dropped a dime on him? NO. She let him find out on his own and then when he confronted him on it she told him the truth. She screwed him over big time and anything she tried to do to make up for it was weak.

She felt bad about it? Well then that makes everything alright. After all, she felt bad about it. She didn't admit the truth, Sheldon caught her. Did she come to him and tell him that he was going to get a ticket because she dropped a dime on him? NO. She let him find out on his own and then when he confronted him on it she told him the truth. She screwed him over big time and anything she tried to do to make up for it was weak.

Yes she did feel bad about it is alright it means she has a heart and going to the extremes of getting Stan lee's address and taking Sheldon there was not weak I wish some of my friends would do that and I would love to have a friend like that knowing she would do something for me like she does for Sheldon.

Phew! One of you guys is going to lose a finger at this rate. You do realise that you are in agreement, don't you? Neither of you want Penny and Leonard together, you just can't agree why.

How about they just agree that leonard isn't good enough for penny and vise versa

You do realise that you are in agreement, don't you? Neither of you want Penny and Leonard together, you just can't agree why.

The whole thing's hysterical. :icon_lol:

Why watch the show about nerds when you can come on internet and observe the rabid fans pompously taking shots at each other over fictional characters? :icon_cheesygrin:

Oh well, it's all in good fun. Peace! :icon_wink:

You do realise that you are in agreement, don't you? Neither of you want Penny and Leonard together, you just can't agree why.

The whole thing's hysterical. :icon_lol:

Why watch the show about nerds when you can come on internet and observe the rabid fans pompously taking shots at each other over fictional characters? :icon_cheesygrin:

Oh well, it's all in good fun. Peace! :icon_wink:

Not sure everyone on here arguing / debating / discussing these characters is aware that they are fictional.

Why do Leonard and Penny continue to go out with one another? A lot of interesting theories on here, and some contentious arguments made. But the real reason? It's in the SCRIPT!