The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sherminator

Falling in love with Babylon 5

During christmas season, I watched Babylon 5 for the very first time. And I fell in love with it.

This far I have steered well clear of B5, because I have been told it is crap. But I happened to find season 2 on flea market, so thought to give it a chance. And I am glad I did!

For Babylon 5 is a great show! Better than Star Trek!

-it has great and likeable characters, including the quirky ambassadors.

-the plots are good, as is the main plot that holds the show together.

-the series has aged well, and does not feel outdated.

So, I am in love with Babylon 5. I have now seen seasons 1&2 and I'm looking forwerd to buying the rest, as soon as I have some loose cash to spend!

So, any other B5 fans here???

I have been a B5 fan since the start. It is infact the ONLY reason I still posses a VHS machine. As well as having EVERY EPISODE & SPECIAL & MOVIE on DVD I have them ALL ON VHS as well. I'm such a sad case, because I collected them religiously as they came out, I have never been able to part with them...

It is the only thing that Sheldon has ever said that annoyed me. His only failure LOL

Oh but I would not say "Better than Star Trek", just a very different alternate universe.

I wonder if you can figure out who my favorite character is....

Oh but I would not say "Better than Star Trek", just a very different alternate universe.

I wonder if you can figure out who my favorite character is....

your fave is the blonde spi corp woman..?

My favourite is Londo because he is such tragic figure. Favourite episode is the one where Londo is trying to dumb two out of his three wives!

As for Star Trek, I have never liked the aliens of star trek. The Romulans, for example, are as dangerous looking as fiel mice. And do not get me started on the Vulcans...

The most memorable quote/scene for me was:

1. Waving at the head on the pike

2. someone: "We thought you were dead!"

captain: "I was... I got better"

Kills me every time.

Babylon 5 is brilliant, my favorite show of all time and definitely better then Star Trek. Trekkies cannot handle this show. I have loved it for 16 years. This is the one hug problem I have with Sheldon. If anyone is interested, you should check out, on Facebook, Dr. Sheldon Cooper vs Babylon 5. There is a lot of great stuff there. Good for you Sherminator!

The administrator has specified that all new posts require moderation. You will now be returned to the thread.