Excited about The Hobbit???

Sherminator

So, as I understand it, the Hobbit (the movie) is coming out this summer.

So, any of you excited???

I'm not. Loved the Lotr movies, when they arrived. Was a bit of a fanboy, to tell the truth. But Hobbit? No.

I find the book very dull and linear. And so, if they do not get more storylines, like the white council against sauron, then I do not see how the movie could be very exciting. also, I'm not big fan of the Director Del Toro. He has style, I give him that (hellboy II looked fine) But he's a bit funny when it comes to making movies (just listen to his commentary on some movie, and you know what I talk about...)

But that's just me. What about you?

• Like 2

Im more fearful actually. The fact that they are making 2 films out of a book you can read in a couple of hours leads me to think that it will be filled with a load of invented crap worse than the 2 towers.

I wouldnt be surprised if they gave Bilbo a love interest

I'm really looking forward to it.

A staggered two year Boxing Day release brings back fond memories of the LoTR trilogy releases. I loved it.

Very excited about this. I loved the book.

I agree, it brings back so many great memories & specially all 3 movies behind each other in the cinema when the last one premiered.

Love Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit" production video's he is posting on FB.

I hate waiting 2 years for the whole thing, but on the other hand wouldn't want it another way :)

What I fear the most is that the mountain goblins vs dwarves fight will be a repetition of the mines of moria. After all, they will use the old goblin costumes...

No, wait: I fear even more the riddle contest! I mean Del Toro will make it look really weird with strange camera angles and stuff, making it a real nightmare!

Love to see how the bearman will look

I can't wait to see the Hobbit, and loved the book when I read it. However I believe they should have done the Hobbit first.

I feel some people will go into the film on the expectations of it being just like LOTR's and end up being disappointed, where really they should go in as if it's a brand new film never seen similar films like it.

Holywood suits ban reference to the LOTR outside of their own corporate sphere..

Saul Zaents productions order a pub in Southampton called "The Hobit" to remove all refererences to anything which comes under their copyright.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-17366992

http://www.thehobbitpub.co.uk/

Am American corporation thinks it can decide to shut down a pub in the land where LOTR originated. Disgraceful in my opinion. JRR would be turning in his grave to see an English pub treated like this simply due to cornering the market for money from one of his own stories.

It is for reasons of possible disrespect ot the spirit of the story that led JRR to turn down film rights to the Lord of the Rings in the first place. Can you imagine what he would think about an English pub, which celebrates his stories, being told not to do so by a bunch of corporate suits from America? The reason that pubs were so often mentioned in LOTR showed the affection he had for them.

Saul Zaenzts would be about 90 now so I assume he has nothing to do with this. That's a good thing as he became part of our LOTR family after the excellent animated film which was much closer to the original story than that load of bollix Jackson came out with.

I will now be boycotting the Hobbit films.

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely want to see it. I've heard a few people say they were disappointed in the LOTR trilogy but I wasn't. I felt it was extremely well made. I thought Sean Bean rocked as Boromir. Been a fan of his ever since. That is why I want to see Game of Thrones so badly. I haven't had a chance to read those yet, but the information that I've read about the plot sounds promising to me.

• 2 months later...
Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I had seen the trailer before, but on Saturday I saw it again.. at the cinema on 3D and it got me really really excited. I can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

Latest news uptade:

the special extended edition of Hobbit will feature an extra long riddle sequence, lasting over 30 minutes.

-extra hairy hobbity riddles will be provided by Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens!

Nice!

God Help us! More invented crap from those 2, much like the Elrond/Arwen crap in the 2 towers..the drinking contest etc.

I can't wait for it!

I am a fan of LotR movies, and I'm reading a Fellowship right now (but that's going kind of slow). I've read the hobbit a while ago, and I loved it! Dwarves are my favorite race from the saga, and I can't wait to see how did the actors portrait them in the movie :D I think that Hobbit will be better than the triology.

• 1 month later...

YES

It is going to be released in 3 parts:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey ( December 14, 2012)

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (December 13th,2013)

~and~

The Hobbit: There and Back Again (July Th,2014)

Plus, for you JRR Tolkien nerds, The Silmarillion is going to be made into a trilogy of movies....specific details yet unknown.

This is the unfinished project currently in my back yard:

hobbithouseunfinished.jpg

Needless to say, my husband and I loved LOTR, books as well as movies, and we are looking forward to The Hobbit.

It's a shame about the pub though. There was a restaurant in Houston we used to go to called "The Hobbit." I wonder if they're in trouble now too. It was a great place. Very healthy, very good food. They had a sandwich called The Shire that was just completely stuffed with avocado and sprouts on whole wheat. It was enormous. I said they should sell t-shirt that say "I ate the whole shire" but the best one we got there had Smaug on it. Still pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

I really need to re-read The Hobbit again. I wanna have it complete before the movie premieres to refresh it all

recently did that, and hoped I had not. It's not that good a book, compared to, say, Silmarilion.

yeah I know. I read it some years and that's the exact reaction I had. But I wanna refresh it before seeing the movie.