The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moonbase

What else do you watch?

Can anyone recommend any other great Cult TV which they watch regularly, especially new stuff to check out?

TBBT is top of my list, of course but I also quite like Fringe.

:icon_cheesygrin:

i'm big time into animated comedy.

archer, beavis and butthead, family guy, life and times of tim, american dad, futurama, simpsons, south park and ricky gervais show.

Revenge is nice, but I really love The Mentalist....does anyone watch the show?...hmm..let's see...."Lie to me" is great too, Hart of Dixie (kind of girlie but i like it), Pretty little liars, One tree hill.

I don't really watch anything new. I'm a re-watcher (sounds weird, since I know you have to watch new things to be able to re-watch them). I'm really into South Park, Futurama, The Simpsons, things like that.

I don't watch a lot of TV, however, and it's a miracle I ever caught on to TBBT. Seriously just saw an episode in passing and was hooked.

If you're a George Romero/Tom Savini/zombie fan you MUST watch The Walking Dead.

I'm downloading the first episode now, anything with zombies gets a thumbs up from me.

Have you seen 'Doomsday'? it didn't get great reviews but I hear it's worth a look. Got it off amazon for next to nothing.

Revenge is nice, but I really love The Mentalist....does anyone watch the show?...hmm..let's see...."Lie to me" is great too, Hart of Dixie (kind of girlie but i like it), Pretty little liars, One tree hill.

I quite like the Mentalist, seen it a couple of times (when I occasionally watch TV) and I think Simon Baker is great. He's quite smooth, isn't he? :icon_biggrin:

i'm big time into animated comedy.

archer, beavis and butthead, family guy, life and times of tim, american dad, futurama, simpsons, south park and ricky gervais show.

Aaahhh the classics.... :icon_cheesygrin:

I don't really watch anything new. I'm a re-watcher (sounds weird, since I know you have to watch new things to be able to re-watch them). I'm really into South Park, Futurama, The Simpsons, things like that.

I don't watch a lot of TV, however, and it's a miracle I ever caught on to TBBT. Seriously just saw an episode in passing and was hooked.

Me too, I'm a re-watcher. I hardly watch normal TV.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

the only shows I am watching as they air are TBBT and Two Broke girls,.. my other shows are all rewatches:

Doctor Who (classic and new)

Game of Thrones

Futurama

X-Files

Sherlock

recommend: Doctor Who and Sherlock.. seriously.. they're addictive

If you're a George Romero/Tom Savini/zombie fan you MUST watch The Walking Dead.

I'm downloading the first episode now, anything with zombies gets a thumbs up from me.

Have you seen 'Doomsday'? it didn't get great reviews but I hear it's worth a look. Got it off amazon for next to nothing.

I quite like the Mentalist, seen it a couple of times (when I occasionally watch TV) and I think Simon Baker is great. He's quite smooth, isn't he? :icon_biggrin:

Oh he sure is quite smooth...I absolutely love the show :icon_lol:

the only shows I am watching as they air are TBBT and Two Broke girls,.. my other shows are all rewatches:

Game of Thrones

Futurama

X-Files

Sherlock

I admit I have all of the X-files and most of Dr Who.

There's a big break coming up, as you know, when TBBT will be off our screens and I need something to fill the gap. Never seen either Game of Thrones or Sherlock. Ta :icon_biggrin:

How I Met Your Mother

Cougar Town

Ringer (and I'm pissed that it's gonna be cancelled)

Glee

One Tree Hill

Modern Family

Desperate Housewives

Skins (UK)

American Idol

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Game of Thrones

Futurama

X-Files

Sherlock

I admit I have all of the X-files and most of Dr Who.

There's a big break coming up, as you know, when TBBT will be off our screens and I need something to fill the gap. Never seen either Game of Thrones or Sherlock. Ta :icon_biggrin:

Sherlock has only 6 episodes so far, but they are hour and a half episodes though :)

I watch on my phone while I do other things. TBBT is crack. Fringe is my favorite drama. Parks and Rec used to be funnier than it is now. I saw the first episode of Touch and it has a great premise. The rest of my shows are just filler and I don't recommend them necessarily. I also watch a lot documentaries, History channel's "The Universe" was okay, some BBC stuff, some Discovery channel stuff, some National Geographic stuff. I also listen to RadioLab (WNYC) which is awesome, This American Life (WBEZ) and Planet Money (NPR) podcasts (radio tends to be higher quality material than television). Also, TED talks are awesome.

These are my TV shows in order of how much I like them:

Fringe

Touch (when it begins officially)

Parks and Recreation (filmed in Pasadena)

Alcatraz (I generally like J.J. Abrams, but it's not a very plausible premise)

Luck (filmed at Santa Anita, next door to Pasadena...great cast, but boring as hell so far...)

House (location shots filmed at USC...they probably should have pulled the plug at the end of last season)

Ringer (not pissed it's going to be cancelled)

Californication (a really stupid show...)

Oh Touch, I forgot about that! That was an awesome pilot. I love Kiefer. I must not forget when it starts proper. I live in the UK so have to download and watch the day after. Is it this month it starts?

I watch on my phone while I do other things. TBBT is crack. Fringe is my favorite drama. Parks and Rec used to be funnier than it is now. I saw the first episode of Touch and it has a great premise. The rest of my shows are just filler and I don't recommend them necessarily. I also watch a lot documentaries, History channel's "The Universe" was okay, some BBC stuff, some Discovery channel stuff, some National Geographic stuff. I also listen to RadioLab (WNYC) which is awesome, This American Life (WBEZ) and Planet Money (NPR) podcasts (radio tends to be higher quality material than television). Also, TED talks are awesome.

These are my TV shows in order of how much I like them:

Fringe

Touch (when it begins officially)

Parks and Recreation (filmed in Pasadena)

Alcatraz (I generally like J.J. Abrams, but it's not a very plausible premise)

Luck (filmed at Santa Anita, next door to Pasadena...great cast, but boring as hell so far...)

House (location shots filmed at USC...they probably should have pulled the plug at the end of last season)

Ringer (not pissed it's going to be cancelled)

Californication (a really stupid show...)

Another one I don't know 'Touch'. I love Fringe though, I'm such a sucker for a ridiculous but compelling storyline :icon_cheesygrin: the more ridiculous the more it makes me smile.