Game of Thrones, anyone?

So, any here watch Game of Thrones???

I love it! Sean Bean! And all the other actors are great too. And the locales, wery well done!

Also like the sedate pace of the plot.

Wonder how many seasons will it run?

I'll get the blu ray version as soon as bossible. It has a LOT of extras, see...

So, any here watch Game of Thrones???

I love it! Sean Bean! And all the other actors are great too. And the locales, wery well done!

Also like the sedate pace of the plot.

Wonder how many seasons will it run?

I'll get the blu ray version as soon as bossible. It has a LOT of extras, see...

I haven't yet but I heard a review on the radio last week and they said it was fantastic.

I started watching it some weeks ago. I haven't finished the first season yet but wow... I love it. I think the characters are great and I'm also motivated to read all the books now! I saw that there is a nice box available at amazon, I might buy it.

I'm not even sure why I like this tv show because normally I'm not into fantasy stuff...

I've really wanted to check out Game of Thrones. I heard it was awesome. The fact that I am a big fan of Sean Bean helps also. I've also wanted to read the books but money is a bit tight around here at the moment and our used book stores don't have it. The library has a long request list so it looks like I'm in for a bit of a wait. I thought Sean Bean did a wonderful job as Boromir in Lord of the Rings.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't watched any of them. I have read the books and am leery of getting into a show (mini-series) based on a story that isn't finished. If I had known what I was getting into when I started the first book I probably would have passed altogether. Five years between books four and five, and five was a little disappointing. And the story is still not finished....

Since I haven't got access to HBO, I have not been able to watch, but saw clips that looked very interesting. We recently can access HBO on our digital, but am not ready to pay 15 euro's a month for stuff I cannot watch as I don't have a digital hard drive decoder...they try and squeeze out money from everything & I have had digital tv for several years now.

A co worker handed me the first season on disc, so hopefully will be able to give my view on the series :)

Just started watching & after episode 1 wasn't sure that it would be something I was gonna follow like I do other shows...BUT as soon as episode 2 ended I got the urge to watch the next one as soon as possible..

I already have developed a real hate for certain characters on the show!

Edit: Have watched entire S1 in 2,5 days & up to speed with S2, am lovin' it

Also ordered the first 4 books.

And Khal Drogo..... Mhhhh very nice to look at! Lisa Bonet has great taste in her men :)

Having just watched the entire 4 seasons of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica back to back I was on a bit of a come down...

anticipating this, my wife ordered the first season of Game Of Thrones and we intended to watch one episode last night - captivated we ended up watching it until the early hours! The acting, the score, the characters are all just brilliant!

I am a new fan!!!

Matt

Having just watched the entire 4 seasons of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica back to back I was on a bit of a come down...

anticipating this, my wife ordered the first season of Game Of Thrones and we intended to watch one episode last night - captivated we ended up watching it until the early hours! The acting, the score, the characters are all just brilliant!

I am a new fan!!!

Matt

Hahaha That´s the way I was drawn in as well! Ended up watching entire season 1 in 2.5 days... Am loving it & anticipating books plus Original Soundtrack to arrive! Am loving the music, it's beautiful to listen too...

Look what came today!! Soo worth the money I spent :) Now waiting for the Blu ray to get a bit cheaper here as 40 euro is a bit much at the moment

549220_3705554241389_1351522347_3569735_2090405057_n.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&hl=en&v=C4ju9YZ4ONY&gl=US

Happy they are renewed for Season 3 on HBO :)

this series requires a ot of patience, because the first half of the season is about introducing all the players. the plot only kicks in at the end of the season. But patience is rewarded, so keep watching!

I was not impressed either Alien94. During yet another long speech by a male character, I started drifting off! Literally falling asleep. The characterisation seemed poor, particularly that of the women. Putting a lovely pair of breasts in my face every other scene didn't distract from this, as nice as they were. And the overuse of the words 'brothel' and 'whore' ever 5 minutes is an insult to anyone's intelligence. This seemed rather weak.

Saying this, Sherminator may have a point about patience…. I only made it to ep4 before I gave up. I can see why it's popular. It almost has a soap opera like feel about it or something pretty close.

this series requires a ot of patience, because the first half of the season is about introducing all the players. the plot only kicks in at the end of the season. But patience is rewarded, so keep watching!

I have to agree. I liked it from episode 2 on, but it got really interesting to watch & see what was gonna happen after episode 5/6 for me.

Btw LOVED the ending of S1, Khaleesi is my one of my favorite characters & was hoping this would happen, although I disliked the reason she did this...

Here's interesting fact:

-there would not be Game of Thrones TV series without Lotr movies!

I mean lotr movies made high fantasy cool, viable and believeable. Without lotr, all fantasy in movies and tv would still be childish rubbish, like Hercules or Xena...

And without lotr, the bosses of Hbo would have laughed their buttocks off if someone had asked them to make a high budget series out of high fantasy books.

So, thank you Peter Jackson!