Low Down, Double Dealin', No Good Sidewinder...

HeWolf

Who Would You Trust The Least?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Trust The Least?

• Amy
    • Bernadette
    • Howard
    • Leonard
    • Penny
    • Raj
    • Sheldon

I voted for Raj, because of the questionable behavior he's shown regarding both Penny and Bernadette. He doesn't seem to have much of a moral code, in that respect. I think he has a certain innocent charm, but I certainly wouldn't trust him.

Then again, all the points above regarding Leonard, Howard and the others are valid, too, so it's a tough call. None of them are angels!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would you really rather make a deal with?

I would trust Sheldon over Leonard. Purely based on how they were portrayed in the show.

Leonards' actions make me not trust him. He hurt a friend on purpose, out of spite and without remorse. He lies and he breaks his word repeatedly. He's just not a trustworthy person, IMHO.

I could trust someone like Sheldon. He was full of remorse when he accidentally hurt Howard, for example. That shows he has a conscience. He can't lie. He would go to great lengths to protect a secret.

Sheldon is a narcissus. He believes that he is superior to everyone else to the point that he actually believes that he is a more evolved species, and he treats all members of the "inferior" species as such. He black mailed Leonard into signing a new room mate agreement because the brilliant one that originally drafted was worthless, and he didn't follow the rules laid down in it himself. Then he had Amy sign a relationship agreement which once again he failed to follow when is was convenient for him. As he said, the agreement was supposed to only benefit him. Another "agreement" that he wrote up and ignores to his advantage.

Sheldon cannot be trusted because more likely then not he is going to do whatever is most advantageous to himself. He is also a colossal parasite constantly sucking favors from his friends and giving little or nothing in return.

Whatever Sheldon's shortcomings, I would still trust him over Leonard.

Sheldon is a lot like a child, not always behaving in the perfect manner, but with a good heart and instincts.

When Leonard lies or stabs a friend in the back, he knows exactly what he's doing. He deliberately betrayed his friends, for personal gain or out of spite. Given he never shown any remorse, he'll likely betray them again. Ergo, in my eyes Leonard is the least trustworthy.

JMHO

Sheldon is an adult who cares much more about himself then anyone else. He demands that everyone else caters to his whims. They eat what he wants to eat, where he wants to eat, and which day of the week he wants to eat it. He draws up these elaborate agreements that are intended for his benefit only and even then if it doesn't work to his advantage or causes him any type of bother he ignores it. He has black mailed others to get his way even though it would have ruined their relationship. He routinely tells those around him how superior he is and how inferior they are. He believes that the sole purpose of everyone around him, including his mother, is to cater to his whims. He cannot be trusted with any kind of secret.

The attacks on Leonard are ludicrous. What friend did he stab in the back? Sheldon in the arctic? What was the alternate plan by the others? Kill Sheldon. If all of the other people who were there actually made plans on how to kill Sheldon, just perhaps SHELDON was the problem. Leonard didn't show remorse for it? Did Howard or Raj show remorse for making plans on how to kill Sheldon? Did any of them show remorse for what they did do to Sheldon? Maybe it's because Mr. Superior Species got off lightly for the hell that he was putting them through. As for Leonard making a "pinky swear" with Howard not to go after Raj's sister, that anyone finds a "pinky swear" between adult men binding is ludicrous. Priya came after Leonard, he didn't go after her. Does anyone actually believe that if Priya had come on to Howard he would have said "No, stay away from me, I made a pinky swear"? Yeah right. As for Raj, to begin with, who is he to say who his adult sister can or cannot see? In addition, if Leonard had a younger good looking sister who came on to him, he would drink some booze and turn her down because she was Leonard's sister? The little twerp wrote poems about his best friend's fiance and his penis for crying out loud.

Sheldon is a despicable little cockroach of an adult male. I don't call him a man because he isn't.

Just want to point out that this is a great thread. Everyone wants to show how their favourite character is the best by describing how all of the other characters are worse.

And it goes down and down and down.

Brilliant HeWolf. Just brilliant.

Just want to point out that this is a great thread. Everyone wants to show how their favourite character is the best by describing how all of the other characters are worse.

Well, I've been saying all along that there's not much to choose. They each have their dark side!

Well, I've been saying all along that there's not much to choose. They each have their dark side!

Well said Pomita. An acknowledgement that all of the characters have flaws without trying to justify how a favorite character is blameless.

Sheldon is a despicable little cockroach of an adult male. I don't call him a man because he isn't.

Wow, that's a lot of anger towards a fictional (!) TV character. :icon_lol:

Your diatribe says not so much about Sheldon as more about you, don't you think? Your reaction to the critique of Leonard is a bit extreme. :icon_wink: I wonder what would Chuck or Bill say about it? I bet they love ALL their characters.

Lets agree to disagree. You would trust Leonard, while other people wouldn't.

Just because some of us find Leonard the least trustworthy character on the TV show (*ahem* :icon_lol:), doesn't mean you shouldn't keep on loving him. To each his own. :icon_cheesygrin:

I would trust Sheldon over Leonard. Purely based on how they were portrayed in the show.

Leonards' actions make me not trust him. He hurt a friend on purpose, out of spite and without remorse. He lies and he breaks his word repeatedly. He's just not a trustworthy person, IMHO.

I could trust someone like Sheldon. He was full of remorse when he accidentally hurt Howard, for example. That shows he has a conscience. He can't lie. He would go to great lengths to protect a secret.

I wouldn't trust Sheldon. If he didn't get his way, his reaction would be ridiculously over the top. Leonard had a girl in the shower. His reaction? Destroy Leonard's relationship. Penny used up all the washing machines? Throw all of her clothes out into the street. Kripke got to Rothman's office first? Sheldon was going to poison him, and it wasn't just words, he continually pressed to give Kripke a cup of tea when he came over to the apartment. Kripke made Sheldon sound like a chipmunk on the radio? How does Sheldon react? By destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars of someone else's equipment in an attempt to destroy Kripke's career and reputation, and ratted his friends out as well in the process. Sheldon is a sociopath. Sheldon is NOT trustworthy because he never upholds his end of the bargain and does not react to confrontation properly.

BTW, some of these traits are part of why I love the character. It makes him entertaining to watch. I'd just never trust him or count on him for anything.

Sheldon certainly often overreacts with a tantrum, just like a child. :icon_lol:

Still, Sheldon has that childish innocence and a good loving heart inside. There's hope for him yet. :icon_biggrin:

And you can make him do anything for you if you show him how much you love your MeeMaw. :icon_cheesygrin: Just make sure nobody feeds him Valium if you need him to keep your secret. :icon_wink:

And it goes down and down and down.

Brilliant HeWolf. Just brilliant.

Thank you! It gets bit intense at times but it sure is fun to read what people have to say about these characters.

I wouldn't trust Sheldon. If he didn't get his way, his reaction would be ridiculously over the top. Leonard had a girl in the shower. His reaction? Destroy Leonard's relationship. Penny used up all the washing machines? Throw all of her clothes out into the street. Kripke got to Rothman's office first? Sheldon was going to poison him, and it wasn't just words, he continually pressed to give Kripke a cup of tea when he came over to the apartment. Kripke made Sheldon sound like a chipmunk on the radio? How does Sheldon react? By destroying hundreds of thousands of dollars of someone else's equipment in an attempt to destroy Kripke's career and reputation, and ratted his friends out as well in the process. Sheldon is a sociopath. Sheldon is NOT trustworthy because he never upholds his end of the bargain and does not react to confrontation properly.

BTW, some of these traits are part of why I love the character. It makes him entertaining to watch. I'd just never trust him or count on him for anything.

I too like watching the Sheldon character, I just wouldn't trust him as far as he could throw me. If he ever started hanging around my place I would probably end up going on trial for murder but I would also probably get off for justified homicide.

Well said Pomita. An acknowledgement that all of the characters have flaws without trying to justify how a favorite character is blameless.

Have to Agree also on this one no real arguement to be made.Finger pointing aside I think most are going to defend thier "Fave" character good bad or indifferent.But as 4ofN put it "An acknowledgement that all of the characters have flaws without trying to justify how a favorite character is blameless." think says it best

• 3 weeks later...

I vote for Raj here because, even though I love the guy and all, he was happy when he thought Bernadette and Howard would break up. I mean come on, he's your best friend, Raj! And "you are my heart, my universe". The person I would trust the most would probably be Amy. She would never ever betray Penny or Sheldon.