5.20 The Transporter Malfunction (Mar. 29)

Tripper

How do you rate this episode?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

You know a rerun of the cosby show came on the other day and it was from the later seasons where they put that new little girl on the show. The show was still good, but it really wasn't that great.

I have to give credit to the creators of big bang. we are in the fifth season, and this show is just now becoming the number one on TV. people are going backwards, and realizing that they love this show, old and current. they have kept it fresh and new, even in the fifth season, and it's hard to think of many shows that have done that.

You know a rerun of the cosby show came on the other day and it was from the later seasons where they put that new little girl on the show. The show was still good, but it really wasn't that great.

I have to give credit to the creators of big bang. we are in the fifth season, and this show is just now becoming the number one on TV. people are going backwards, and realizing that they love this show, old and current. they have kept it fresh and new, even in the fifth season, and it's hard to think of many shows that have done that.

Well the difference is in the Cosby show is the cast changed let's hope it never happens with this show.

I agree. I admire the writers for being able to evolve the show in ways that are generally pleasing, while also (to a great extent) being true to the geeky foundation.

To their credit, the cast is brilliant too.. as Lorre says, they can do pretty much anything they ask for, and do it with flourish. They've also been lucky with the new additions. It's an all-round lightning-in-a-bottle thing.

I agree. I admire the writers for being able to evolve the show in ways that are generally pleasing, while also (to a great extent) being true to the geeky foundation.

To their credit, the cast is brilliant too.. as Lorre says, they can do pretty much anything they ask for, and do it with flourish. They've also been lucky with the new additions. It's an all-round lightning-in-a-bottle thing.

Well they're so fortunate to have actors thatare so flexible and can do some much.

Am I the only one who likes seasons 4 and 5 more that the first ones?

I'm with you. I have all 5 seasons on my laptop, and while I do love 1-3 too, there's just that extra something, for me, in 4-5. So most of my rewatches are of recent episodes.

To those who feel the other shoe dropped somewhere along the line - my condolences. And, honestly, I am not quite sure why you're still hanging on to this, months and years after it all apparently went downhill for you. I wouldn't even hold on for so long to a relationship gone sour, even if it was great relationship once upon a time. One life is all we have. Maybe this makes me sound like an opportunist, but that's my take.

Good point. I left the forums and stopped caring so much about the show mid season but then I got caught up again recently.

So, bye again.

To those who feel the other shoe dropped somewhere along the line - my condolences. And, honestly, I am not quite sure why you're still hanging on to this, months and years after it all apparently went downhill for you. I wouldn't even hold on for so long to a relationship gone sour, even if it was great relationship once upon a time. One life is all we have. Maybe this makes me sound like an opportunist, but that's my take.

Good point. I left the forums and stopped caring so much about the show mid season but then I got caught up again recently.

So, bye again.

My intention wasn't to chase you off, sorry if it sounded like that. The query was genuine. If you left mid-season but have got into it again recently, I suspect there's something you're liking about it again, or you wouldn't keep coming back. It may be a good idea to ask yourself what it is.

You're being a little over dramatic, but if you really feel this way not only why are you still watching but why are you on message boards?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am breathlessly awaiting your next scintillating comment

So, bye again.

Too bad, I always admired your restraint when replying to the nincompoops, It's obvious I can't manage it.:icon_evil:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

You're being a little over dramatic, but if you really feel this way not only why are you still watching but why are you on message boards?

I don't know about anyone else, but I am breathlessly awaiting your next scintillating comment

So, bye again.

Too bad, I always admired your restraint when replying to the nincompoops, It's obvious I can't manage it.:icon_evil:

4ofN is AFK...

Maybe he'll be back dependant on what happens in 6.

So, bye again.

My intention wasn't to chase you off, sorry if it sounded like that. The query was genuine. If you left mid-season but have got into it again recently, I suspect there's something you're liking about it again, or you wouldn't keep coming back. It may be a good idea to ask yourself what it is.

Just a quick one...

Not to worry Pomita, I'm not being chased off so much as remembering how much time I have spent when caught up.

I have indeed asked myself about why I care. It is a real love / hate thing. The answer to that question goes deep.

Anyway, quoting Moonbase quoting Sheldon: 4ofN if AFK.

Always appreciated hearing a like minded person, Disgusted.

Ok, 4ofN.. hope to see you around again some day.

My grandfather used to tell me that no matter how smart you are, if you continue to argue with an idiot pretty soon it's hard to tell who is whom.

Gem of wisdom!

• 3 weeks later...

:icon_eek:It's disappointing we didn't see Leonard Nimoy in person in the last Big Bang Theory..

(mars 29 2012) just is *voice*....the guys 81 (this years)...they should make him appear much often....before the big scotty in the sky (god)... beam him up for the last time !!

This episode has just been screened in the UK this week.

The way I look at it, it was Mr Spock making the cameo (actually Mr Spock the action figure) not Leornard Nimoy, and Mr Spock isn't an octogenarian, but yes it was a shame he isn't actually on screen sharing a scene with Sheldon.

I LOL-ed when Sheldon shrieked, "Nothing!!" when Leonard & Penny walked through the door.

That was laugh out loud funny. Almost like Sheldon anticipating a "What are you doing?" from Leonard and Penny. Similarly Sheldon's "No!" as he bailed out of the barber's chair in The Werewolf Transformation.

That was laugh out loud funny. Almost like Sheldon anticipating a "What are you doing?" from Leonard and Penny. Similarly Sheldon's "No!" as he bailed out of the barber's chair in The Werewolf Transformation.

Also, his agonized squeak when Penny picked up the transporter. :D

And just to add: Penny's line comparing the mint in box toys with her virginity was genius.

It was more fun taking it out and playing with it!

Now, does Sheldon realize that..?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a Dream about this Episode last night where I was telling someone about the last scene of the episode between Raj, Bernadette and Howard where they give him a puppy which is probably my favorite part of the episode:

(Raj Episode)

Raj: This is a treat, what brings you guys by?

Bernadette: Raj, Howie told me what’s going on with you and Lakshmi.

Raj: What, you told her?

Howard: I told everybody.

Bernadette: We believe there’s someone out there who’ll love you for you.

Howard: Well, actually we kind of agreed to disagree on that one, but we both think you shouldn’t marry this woman.

Raj: So, while I’m waiting for this mysterious perfect match, who may or may not exist, I’m supposed to just be alone.

Bernadette: Not necessarily. I think we’ve found someone for you to cuddle with. (Pulls a puppy out of her bag.)

Raj: Oh, my goodness. Aren’t you the cutest little Yorkie ever? You got him for me?

Howard: Her. We thought you two would hit it off.

Raj: I think we already have. Thank you guys so much. Let’s see if you fit in my man purse.

Bernadette: Metrosexual my ass.

I love Bernadette line at the end lol

• 4 months later...

Since all the way back to "The 21 Second Excitation" (4.08) when he told this one to get them to get to the theatre early.  

Sheldon:  Knock Knock

Leonard: Who's there?

Sheldon: Hugh.

Leonard: Hugh, who?

Sheldon: Hugh people better listen to me.