The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.20 The Transporter Malfunction (Mar. 29)

How do you rate this episode?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

BillF63 didn't you just say that about the werefolf?

I posted this in that thread by mistake. OOPS!

I place this episode as one of my top 5 episodes ever!!!

I dunno about that, but I thought it was pretty solid. Best of season 5 anyway. Hoping the Stephen Hawking episode is as good or better.

Overall I really liked the episode. Leonard's reaction from the label maker to the toy was perfect. I kind of sensed that Sheldon is starting to build up some sexual tension in this episode ("looking at the universe naked" and his facial expression), I wonder if this was intentional? He really is getting in touch with his emotions in this episode, he didn't spout any science stuff at all in this one. I also found it a little hard to believe he would chuck his beloved Spock, no matter how much he felt betrayed, but it's a really trivial thing.

I'm also liking how they're handling Raj now, and the fact that they don't feel it necessary to point out every single time that he has alcohol in his body when there's a girl in the room. He's got a good amount of screen time here, and his subplot was actually pretty interesting. I also really really hope that puppy makes a reappearance. *squees at the cuteness*

I have to watch it tomorrow, some time when it gets uploaded. :(

Same here, it will be in the evening when I have time to watch so am trying not to read what was posted after you...

Again a very good episode!

Especially Leonards reaction to the labelmaker and when he finally got his transporter :)

Did i get the name of the girl Raj dated right? Lakshmi? If i got that right, that would be cool move of the writers. Just recently i saw one of the earlier episodes where Raj parents tried to talk him into dating Lakshmi before.

I love your gif sig Kyzzx ! That was such a cute scene *hihi* :icon_mrgreen:

And the puppy Raj got from Bernadette and Howard that was very sweet! Cute little thing that puppy *aawww*

Loved the conversation between Sheldon and tiny Spock :icon_mrgreen:

This episode is so sh­­­it!

I didn't mind it until about the half way mark.

The gay jokes were really offensive and not funny in the slightest.

The back and forths between Sheldon and the Spock doll were incredibly cheesy and also not funny in the slighest.

I can't believe you guys liked it.

Cool to see the end product. I was really happy with it. (:

Your sig, how gay does Sheldon look in that part. Hahahah.

Jim should try harder to hide the gay-ness, it's off-character for Sheldon IMO.

Yeah and I can`t believe that some people didn`t like it :D

Sheldon was so sweet!

And I loved Leonards scene were he threw away the lablemaker as Penny also gave him this cool toy transporter :D

My goodness 93 replies and 10 pages before the episode airs tap the brakes people.

You have 900+ posts over 5 months, averaging 186 a month. You're kidding right? :icon_biggrin:

Sage, I'm sorry you didn't like it.

I don't feel that sheldon was being "gay" in that scene with the toy. I feel this season we are seeing more of sheldon's child-like qualities, which we have seen before in other seasons, but just not as much (remember the 25 cats?). Sheldon is getting more in touch with his emotions and showing them more. I don't think it has anything to do with being "gay."

And, there has always been a subtle joke through most of the seasons about Raj acting gay, even though he really isn't.

Nope !!!

I could not find anything of real substance in this ep whatsoever.

It was as if everyone got so excited that Leonard Nimoy was guest starring that they forgot to put any further effort into the episode.

Weakest episode in the series so far for me.

I have to watch it tomorrow, some time when it gets uploaded. :(

Same here, it will be in the evening when I have time to watch so am trying not to read what was posted after you...

Hanging around on the board is not a good way of achieving that (speaking of both you and myself). ;)

The CBS link doesn't work in my country.. anyway, will find it somewhere soon, I'm sure. :)

Sometimes i have problems understanding all that disliking of the current season ....

I mean it's clearly a question of personal taste and i also had some episodes i didn't clearly like as much as others, but sometimes i feel like a lot of people are hating the complete current season ...

I have been in the last few weeks i went through consecutively watched every episode of TBBT (because Big Bang hit later here in Germany i had some episodes to catch up on, especially in the so much better original language!!) and i don't see that the show got worse over the time.

It has clearly changed a lot with e.g. Amy and Bernadette joining in, but for me that is just a reason to love the show even more, because you can see each character grow and it makes the show something different to other sitcoms.

And up to now i haven't seen a bad episode of TBBT, some were good, some were really good and some were simply perfect, but each episode was still ahead of every other comedy or sitcom around!

• Like 1

Hey Gang,

Just wanted to give a big "TY" to MoonBase for the spoiler tv link and overall was a good episode.I think all the "HYPE" came from two weeks of waiting Ewwww "BAZINGA" to March Madness.

I place this episode as one of my top 5 episodes ever!!!

I dunno about that, but I thought it was pretty solid. Best of season 5 anyway. Hoping the Stephen Hawking episode is as good or better.

How can you argue that? I said it was in MY top favorites and it is! It doesn't mean it has to be in yours.

Overall I really liked the episode. Leonard's reaction from the label maker to the toy was perfect. I kind of sensed that Sheldon is starting to build up some sexual tension in this episode ("looking at the universe naked" and his facial expression), I wonder if this was intentional? He really is getting in touch with his emotions in this episode, he didn't spout any science stuff at all in this one. I also found it a little hard to believe he would chuck his beloved Spock, no matter how much he felt betrayed, but it's a really trivial thing.

I'm also liking how they're handling Raj now, and the fact that they don't feel it necessary to point out every single time that he has alcohol in his body when there's a girl in the room. He's got a good amount of screen time here, and his subplot was actually pretty interesting. I also really really hope that puppy makes a reappearance. *squees at the cuteness*

With the way he worships Spock I'm not sure Sheldon would've really done that but it was funny either way, Leonard acted like a 3 yr old with the toy but was funny, I really thought for a minute that that was all penny got him.

This episode is so sh­­­it!

I didn't mind it until about the half way mark.

The gay jokes were really offensive and not funny in the slightest.

The back and forths between Sheldon and the Spock doll were incredibly cheesy and also not funny in the slighest.

I can't believe you guys liked it.

Cool to see the end product. I was really happy with it. (:

Your sig, how gay does Sheldon look in that part. Hahahah.

Jim should try harder to hide the gay-ness, it's off-character for Sheldon IMO.

Well if you're offened by the gay jokes how are you still watching the show and Jim is a pro he's not gaying up Sheldon or whatever you think he's doing.

The episode was a little disappointing after all the buildup. I liked the Raj storyline.

Nope !!!

I could not find anything of real substance in this ep whatsoever.

It was as if everyone got so excited that Leonard Nimoy was guest starring that they forgot to put any further effort into the episode.

maybe you didn't like it but there's no way you can say it's the weakest episode in the series.

My goodness 93 replies and 10 pages before the episode airs tap the brakes people.

You have 900+ posts over 5 months, averaging 186 a month. You're kidding right? :icon_biggrin:

Im not posting 10 pages worth before the episode even airs.

I will say that I was secretly hoping that they would surprise us with some kind of sheldon - leonard nimoy encounter at the end of the episode. Oh, well. :(

Love this picture...

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/photos/62583/behind-the-scenes/103344

episode is posted....

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/video/

I don't understand why he couldn't be on the show I saw pictures of him on the set

maybe you didn't like it but there's no way you can say it's the weakest episode in the series.

All that talk about emotions and playing with your toys. Leading up to anything else?

What did you expect the guys don't act like grownups and play with toys so it's not surprising when they do this.

Sometimes i have problems understanding all that disliking of the current season ....

I mean it's clearly a question of personal taste and i also had some episodes i didn't clearly like as much as others, but sometimes i feel like a lot of people are hating the complete current season ...

I have been in the last few weeks i went through consecutively watched every episode of TBBT (because Big Bang hit later here in Germany i had some episodes to catch up on, especially in the so much better original language!!) and i don't see that the show got worse over the time.

It has clearly changed a lot with e.g. Amy and Bernadette joining in, but for me that is just a reason to love the show even more, because you can see each character grow and it makes the show something different to other sitcoms.

And up to now i haven't seen a bad episode of TBBT, some were good, some were really good and some were simply perfect, but each episode was still ahead of every other comedy or sitcom around!

I actually like the season so far if I felt like some of the people that don't like the show or season 5 I would stop watching. Know there's developement for Sheldon and Amy in season 5 but little else and the reason people dislike Amy and/or season 5 is at times Amy is taking away from the main cast and it seems like they're focusing on her too much.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

All that talk about emotions and playing with your toys. Leading up to anything else?

What did you expect the guys don't act like grownups and play with toys so it's not surprising when they do this.

I actually like the season so far if I felt like some of the people that don't like the show or season 5 I would stop watching. Know there's developement for Sheldon and Amy in season 5 but little else and the reason people dislike Amy and/or season 5 is at times Amy is taking away from the main cast and it seems like they're focusing on her too much.

funny that you say that in a thread for an episode where Amy is not even ON.