The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.20 The Transporter Malfunction (Mar. 29)

How do you rate this episode?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

Yeah because the reason the show is popular now is because the smart people aren't watching anymore.(sarcasm).

It's not just that, it's a low and dastardly plot by the stupid audience to make the life of the few select smarty pants absolutely miserable.

The audience could try to improve themselves and become less stupid, but instead they are dragging the show down to their lowly level. :icon_evil:

It's an evil plot, I tell you! The audience is in league with the writers, and their goal is to torture the brilliant intelligence of those few geniuses who used to enjoy the early TBBT for all the right reasons, such as absence of relationships or lack of focus on the human aspect of the story.

:icon_cheesygrin:

I think a discussion about the show changing direction to appeal to a certain demographic is valid. Some may phrase it a little undiplomatically, and that's unfortunate. It's too bad some people seem to take it personally. I certainly I don't take it personally that people pigeonhole me as a "genius".:icon_cheesygrin:

I certainly I don't take it personally that people pigeonhole me as a "genius".:icon_cheesygrin:

That's very sensible of you and shows sufficient depth of self-awareness. :icon_cheesygrin:

...getting envious of TV nerds getting some, while those watching at home have no hope. :icon_lol:

It pains me to see you attacking cbolt in such a low and dastardly manner.:fi_lone_ranger:

Well I'm not sure whoever is attacking me, I'm pretty sure it would be imapotato since it was he that started this current discussion.

I always hated friends, glee, american idol and watching celebrities dance big money winners and I still love the show.

I'm not overweight and I am a nerd and I still love the show. BTW, generalizations are dumb.

All this name calling and bitterness over the show changes is kinda pathetic. If you hate it so much don't watch it, no one forces you. It is actually kinda funny tthat some people think the writers and creators of the show owe them something LOL. It's hilarious! some people need a reality check.

I keep reading all the bitterness with a lot of words but the only thing I seem to get is "I don't have a girlfriend so I don't want the characters on the show to have one" or "i don't like change, i don't like change, i don't like change (rocking on a corner)".

Whateavs, I just find it funny that people spend time getting to the internet to whine and complain because a show is not doing what they want to see.

I always just laugh when people feel the creator/producer(s) of the show or movie owe them something.

Well I'm not sure whoever is attacking me

Sweet!

BigBang Wrote: That's very sensible of you and shows sufficient depth of self-awareness.

Finally, someone whose standards I can meet!

FYI, I am a sexually passive man who likes strong women that initiate sex.:icon_wink:

Yeah because the reason the show is popular now is because the smart people aren't watching anymore.(sarcasm).

It's not just that, it's a low and dastardly plot by the stupid audience to make the life of the few select smarty pants absolutely miserable.

The audience could try to improve themselves and become less stupid, but instead they are dragging the show down to their lowly level. :icon_evil:

It's an evil plot, I tell you! The audience is in league with the writers, and their goal is to torture the brilliant intelligence of those few geniuses who used to enjoy the early TBBT for all the right reasons, such as absence of relationships or lack of focus on the human aspect of the story.

I'm sorry you feel that way yes it's different than season 1 but isn't every sitcom in season 5 different than season 1? I seriously doubt the writers thought to dumb down the show, I don't get the people's battered for the relationships(can't get any maybe?) the first couple of season the guys minus Sheldon chased after girls, went to bars to try to pick up women, did people think they wouldn't eventually either all the guys would be in a relationship at the same time or all would be in one one time or another?

the first couple of season the guys minus Sheldon chased after girls, went to bars to try to pick up women

Exactly. The show hasn't changed. It was always about the super smart and professionally successful but socially clueless guys trying to achieve acceptance and success in their personal lives.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

heck, even Sheldon had a date on Season 1 with Lalita Gupta

heck, even Sheldon had a date on Season 1 with Lalita Gupta

Good point. And there were also all those graduate students chasing Sheldon. :p

Best way I can put it is like this... it stops being funny once Lucy lets Charlie Brown kick the football.

Best way I can put it is like this... it stops being funny once Lucy lets Charlie Brown kick the football.

What on the show is that? At the end I hoped Charlie Brown at least got to kick it once but he never did.

Imapotato, Friends was/is and never is crap if you need a show to make yourself feel better about yourself then I feel sorry for you, let's see what community is without Chevy quiting it probably does okay with being up against the top comedy. I don't see the show making fun of nerds or anything or anyone else for cheap laughs, but if you feel that way and are that offended then don't watch, I'm not sure where you're getting you're demos from and you said the first three seasons but nerds in good light or whatever but then you go and say how most people that watch this now are middle age fat women, how is that not offensive? I'm not a woman, middle age or fat but it seems your remark was for laughs.

Please stop..the cliche of attacking the person and not the point is as old to the internet as evolution.

I will do what I want, say what I want about whatever I want. That is my inalienable right...it is also your right to pay me no mind, or we can have a tete et tete ad naseum.

Friends was a dredge of a show using outdated comedic cliches an dteh 80's standup comedian "Know what's funny about guys/gals?"

The statistics about overweight middle aged women being the main TV demographic is statistical fact by Neilsen

Sarcasm, the fool's attempt at humor and courage rolled into one and succeeds at neither.

Stupid people outweigh smart people overall, that is statistically proven, so even with your attempt at being witty, you actually proved why Big Bang Theory has become immensely popular

Imapotato I'm sure the writers and neilsen's research isn't valid or scientific, i'm really sure the writers looked and saw if fat middle aged women are the prime audience and how do they know what they look like and the same for Nielsen. If friends is so sucky then why do I see from time to time friends comparisons either on here or other sites? I disagree with the comparisons though. So it's okayfor you to attack people but not me for saying your life is sad for show to make yourself feel good and that in your opinion the writerrs are making fun of nerds now and it makes you sad.

I love this. :D

I am starting to have a love/hate relationship with Season 5. What I loved in this episode were Sheldon and Spock, they were just brilliant, watching the scenes with them just made me feel like I am watching the early seasons. And as horrible as it may be, I didn't miss Amy's character at all, it was actually refreshing for me to watch one episode without her.

And what is happening to Raj?! Making him gay all of a sudden is just awkward, too sudden and completely not in line with his character. Overall, this season to me is markedly different than the previous ones, and I find that unsettling. I know that the show is evolving, and that other people like it, and that is ok. I guess nothing can be perfect forever (except early seasons of TBBT, at least to me) :).

Am I the only one who likes seasons 4 and 5 more that the first ones?

Well probably if going by the comments of season 4 and 5, how season 4 and 5 are changing or ruining the show and what not.

The show has more fans than ever... so you're not the only one who prefers the new seasons Moon_pie.

The show has more fans than ever... so you're not the only one who prefers the new seasons Moon_pie.

That doesn't mean they prefer these seasons, just they started watching either last season or this.

There are those who like and prefer the new direction the show has taken and those that don't.

It's a win for those who like the new show, but a loss for those of us who liked the old show.

It is a drag, but I can understand why they (the writers, producers, etc.) made the changes. They went after the money. Being a business owner I understand this from their point of view.

It's just too bad for those of us who lost a show we loved. I know some people think that some of us are cranky, but it is just a feeling of bereavement. Your condolences would be welcome.

but it is just a feeling of bereavement. Your condolences would be welcome.

Good luck with that, I've been called a troll more times than I can count. One, two, three, uhh, eleventeen.

I'm with you. I have all 5 seasons on my laptop, and while I do love 1-3 too, there's just that extra something, for me, in 4-5. So most of my rewatches are of recent episodes.

To those who feel the other shoe dropped somewhere along the line - my condolences. And, honestly, I am not quite sure why you're still hanging on to this, months and years after it all apparently went downhill for you. I wouldn't even hold on for so long to a relationship gone sour, even if it was great relationship once upon a time. One life is all we have. Maybe this makes me sound like an opportunist, but that's my take.

There are those who like and prefer the new direction the show has taken and those that don't.

It's a win for those who like the new show, but a loss for those of us who liked the old show.

It is a drag, but I can understand why they (the writers, producers, etc.) made the changes. They went after the money. Being a business owner I understand this from their point of view.

It's just too bad for those of us who lost a show we loved. I know some people think that some of us are cranky, but it is just a feeling of bereavement. Your condolences would be welcome.

Chuck and Bill know the score. It might not have been all about the money, it could be about the work as well. Riding the wave while they're on top because shows get canned easily when ratings fall. It's such a nightmare business, I wouldn't want to have to make that decision.

You're being a little over dramatic, but if you really feel this way not only why are you still watching but why are you on message boards?

I'm with you. I have all 5 seasons on my laptop, and while I do love 1-3 too, there's just that extra something, for me, in 4-5. So most of my rewatches are of recent episodes.

To those who feel the other shoe dropped somewhere along the line - my condolences. And, honestly, I am not quite sure why you're still hanging on to this, months and years after it all apparently went downhill for you. I wouldn't even hold on for so long to a relationship gone sour, even if it was great relationship once upon a time. One life is all we have. Maybe this makes me sound like an opportunist, but that's my take.

Yeah I agree if people feel this strong for the earlier season over season 4/5 not only why are they still watching but on message boards? Are they hoping the show will return to earlier season form. I don't agree they changed anything due to money more like they did everything they can do to put the top rated show on if it changes a little then that just happens sometimes.