Penny

renpei

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

well.. she was about 21 years old when the show premiered... she'll be 27 this year.. people change in 5 years.

Also, there was a very long hiatus after Grasshopper because of the writer's strike

It seems to me that the Penny character has been maturing. When first shown her main interest seemed to be having a good time. As the seasons passed I think that changed. It doesn't mean that she has become some type of a stick in the mud nor a prude, she just seems to think things out more although she still has the occasional slip ups. Personally I thought it a bit sad that they showed her getting drunk in the last episode. I'm not against them showing her having an occasional drink or two, just overindulging.

Just as I think that they have shown Penny maturing, much of which I believe is from her frequent contact with the guys across the hall, I also think that she has influenced them. They seemed more grounded and in touch with the general outside world since she moved in.

Whenever I watch the first season, I think she has an insanely innocent and cute-factor going on. She's matured over the years, as the rest of the guys, but the guys look the same physically. Her hair is longer, more natural, and it's more apparent with her than with them.