The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Br33na

your inner nerd

I love nerdlon (^c ^ )

- - -

Leonard: Should we have invited her for lunch?

Sheldon: No, we're gonna start season two of Battlestar Galactica.

Leonard: We already watched the season two DVDs.

Sheldon: Not with commentary.

I love nerdlon (^c ^ )

- - -

Leonard: Should we have invited her for lunch?

Sheldon: No, we're gonna start season two of Battlestar Galactica.

Leonard: We already watched the season two DVDs.

Sheldon: Not with commentary.

The term 're-watcher' was used on the site recently. I relate too well... :)

tonight on TV, the movie The Birdcage was on.

it's a great movie, I've seen it TONS of times.

but it was shown on TV with little facts and quotes at the bottom of the screen, and I love that kind of stuff! (like commentary, only written) :)

Working on my PhD. Star Wars fan but an even bigger Trekkie, own all the Star Trek movies and TV shows, collect sci-fi figures (NOT toys), HUGE Batman nerd since the age of 5, I do math for the fun of it, collect math books, as well as Literature books, encyclopedias, and other various school books (high school level and up). I enjoy Sudoku, cross word puzzles, and Cryptoquips, and am startlingly GOOD at them, as well as collecting various video games, knowing what an emulator is and how to obtain roms and I used to own a PSP that had been hacked to play roms of pretty much any game system, and I speak a few languages, all of them being self taught except English and Spanish (6 years of classes ).

I can't walk by a video arcade without going inside, looking for the old style of game like Pacman, Frogger, or my all time favorites Crazy Climber or one of the Mr. Do's. Which when found (not often anymore) I can still (usually) get the high score. I can't pass by an "old time" pinball machine without putting in a few bucks for old times sake.

I can't walk by a video arcade without going inside, looking for the old style of game like Pacman, Frogger, or my all time favorites Crazy Climber or one of the Mr. Do's. Which when found (not often anymore) I can still (usually) get the high score. I can't pass by an "old time" pinball machine without putting in a few bucks for old times sake.

Me too !

While I'm something of a newcomer to TBBT, and to these boards, I'm kind of nerdy from way back, I guess.

I was a little too young to watch ST:TOS when it first aired, but I watched it in re-runs as a kid and was a fan since junior high/high school. I was really into ST:TNG, too, but never could get completely into DS9, Voyager or Enterprise (especially with that HORRIBLE theme song at the beginning...!!) From there I got into Quantum Leap for a while.

Then came...The X-Files. I'm still totally into this show and I've written a few fanfics for it and have been going to a TXF message board daily for the past 14 years or so.

Academically, I have a Bachelor's and Master's in Music, with English Lit as my grad school cognate field.

Professionally, I play bassoon (of all things!) in an orchestra (though I also have to have a day job if I want to indulge in such hobbies as eating and paying utilities.)

I used to play D&D with my older sister and a group of friends back when we were in college--we used graph paper and pencils to map our way through the dungeon that one friend created. Apparently there were such things as pre-packaged quests or whatever, but we just played kind of free-form, I guess.

I've seen the LOTR movies and even took a Tolkein class in college. I love the original 3 Star Wars movies and hate the 3 that came after.

In 1991 and 1993 I went on a Star Trek fan cruise with my older sister and our 2 girlfriends from college (the ones we played D&D with). Wil Wheaton was on those cruises, as a matter of fact, with his parents and siblings, as I recall. Well, he was on one of the cruises, at least. Also aboard in 1991 were Jimmy Doohan, Nichelle Nichols and I think Walter Koenig. I don't think George Takei was there. They were in the middle of filming STVI: The Undiscovered Country, so they had to leave the cruise early.

My sister and our friends and I performed a funny little song for the talent show, dressed in ST uniforms.

Is that nerdy enough? :)

I proudly say I am a Nerd, Geek, Nerk, Dork. Etc.. :icon_eek: .

I like crossword puzzles, sudoku, stuff like that.

I love Starwars, X-Files, Lord of The Rings. I am not a Star Trek fan, though.

I love comic's! And superhero's! Batman, Flash, Ironman, Troy, Spiderman, etc.

I want to be the Doppler Effect for this Halloween, see how many people think I am a zebra :p .

Love a good sci-fi book - old school variety. (I regard Heinlein as a philosopher as much as an author). Also love technology in general, and aircraft in particular (work as an avionics engineer).

Not into video games and comics though.

As I've said elsewhere YOU are going to fit in here very well!

What are your favorite comics?

:icon_lol: Thanks! I take that, as a compliment.

I like classic comics...

superheros, DC comics. The Three Musketeers, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, Sherlock Holmes, Robin Hood, Garfield (haha). I like different stuff.

It was made to be a compliment.

PS my first name is Mike.

I also answer to Walnut,Cowboy, Nutboy, and WC.

Once upon a time, I hid my name because with all the info. I've given out about me, it's not TOO hard to figure out where I live.

But I've let it out before, and anyway it's part of my sig. now anyway.

Edited by walnutcowboy

I used to be part of many badminton teams at school and was pretty good at it

I hold tutoring sessions for students

I spend majority of my time at school in libraries (because I enjoy it)

I'm an extremely introverted and shy person - people for this reason somehow think that I'm automatically smart

I have no confidence to talk to the opposite sex

I collect vinyls and cds - buying music on itunes doesn't interest me

I'm a book worm

I love discussions about time travelling, black holes, conspiracy theories, ufos, ET life and end of the world speculations.

Where do you get the phonograph needles? I can't find then ANYWHERE. I keep backup phonographs (I find at yard sales) for when they wear out.

PS You had me up to harry potter. That 1 fact may keep me from Supernerddom but I can't stand those movies.

Currently teaching myself String theory, relatively good working physics knowledge, plenty of video games, freakin love superheroes :D

Me too! :]

Ugh, where to start.

1) I'm a gamer:

a)Dice gamer. I've played tons of role play games. Started in Jr High with D&D. Since then, Role Master, Marrow Project, Traveler, Mercs - Spies and Private Eyes, Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, All Flesh Must be Eaten, Twilight 2010, GURPS, and more that I simply can't remember at 2 AM.

b)Video gamer: Used to LAN party with DOOM (the first), Rise of the Triad, World of Warcraft, Total Annihilation, Command and Conquer, and others. Use to hit the Arcade before those (Street Fighter about the only one we played a lot of). Don't forget the old Atari! Loved Adventure with the secret room.

c)Board gamer. Talisman, Titian, Axis and Allies, just to name a couple.

d)MMPGer. Have played: WoW, EQ2, Asheron's Call, Horizons, City of Heroes, and Old Republic.

2) I read a ton of misc "escapism" books. Mostly Fantasy. Some scifi and recently been enjoying the Zombie Apocalypse genre.

3) Watched all (well most) of the usual TV nerd stuff. Star Trek, Next Gen, some of Deep Six but stopped there. Bab5 all the way through. Got the new Doctor Who on DVDs. Watched some of the old Dr Who as a kid. X-Files. Firefly (damn you FOX for canceling that!).

4) Can't dance.

5) Don't drink nor ever started (not AS geeky now but back in High School and the years soon after, oh yhea).

6) Collected comics and Shadowfist cards and MTG cards (started in Alpha and ran to Ice Age-sadly, sold them all off years ago when Moxes where around $50 a pop, I nearly cried the last time I saw what they were going for now lol, still have my comics in boxes around here someplace =/ )

I think that's enough confessional. =P

Edited by BBTfan

oh and I'm an INTENSE Harry Potter fan

HERE HERE!

Hi fellow Potterheads! :D

• Like 1