innocent episodes

I've been getting my mom into the show & she'll watch some episodes with me on DVD- she giggles, she likes Sheldon. I want to watch more with her, but I don't want to watch the overly sexual or uncomfortable ones. (like Leonard & Penny in bed... Howard & his robot arm... etc). so what are some of the more innocent episodes?

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

hmm of the top of my head, I would say Zazzy Substitution, Grasshopper Experiment, The Middle Earth Paradigm. Precious Fragmentation,

The Dumpling Paradox, The Bat Jar Conjecture, The Spaghetti Catalyst, The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis, The Cushion Saturation.

I echo Sursonica on The Zazzy Substitution. Everyone likes kitties.

I'm sure you will double check but I think all those are fine.

The Zazzy Substitution is a good one, I thought of that too.

see, I thought The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis would be innocent enough too because it's Penny & Sheldon exchanging gifts... but then there's the other storyline when Penny dates the scientist who ends up being married- "he didn't erase the naked pictures of his wife on his phone before taking naked pictures of his girlfriend!!"

but then there's the other storyline when Penny dates the scientist who ends up being married- "he didn't erase the naked pictures of his wife on his phone before taking naked pictures of his girlfriend!!"

Aw, shoot. See, forgot about that.

I just remember Wii bowling, Sheldon actually shopping for bath items with Howard and Raj (LOL), Leonard yelling at Penny, and obviously the gift exchange.

Toooootally forgot about that other part. Hahahaha.

Breena, too bad you can't show your mom The Adhesive Duck Deficiency... such a good one.

Going through the episode list, here is what I can remember being free of sexual content:

Season 1

The Pilot (aside from "masturbating for money," and Leonard talking about sex with Penny)

The Big Bran Hypothesis (Except for Raj's "turn your pelvis")

The Luminous Fish Effect (Unless you think she'd be uncomfortable with the talk about tampons)

The Grasshopper Experiment

The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization

The Loobenfeld Decay

The Pancake Batter Anomaly

The Jerusalem Duality

The Bat Jar Conjecture (although there is a brief discussion about sex between Leslie and Leonard in that one)

The Nerdvana Annihilation (except for that brief exchange between Penny and the guy at the end of the episode who suggested to help her change clothes, and the thing about pants must be worn at all times in the Time Machine)

The Pork Chop Indeterminancy

The Peanut Reaction (aside from Penny offering to tell Howard which of her friends are easy)

The Tangerine Factor (except for the blog detailing Penny's sex life)

Season 2

The Bad Fish Paradigm

The Barbarian Sublimation (Aside from Sheldon trying to get Penny some sex and Sheldon asking a guy in the cafeteria if he'd like to be in a sexual relationship)

The Griffin Equivalency (Aside from Raj talking about sucking face, and Howard's username WealthyBigPenis on anythingforagreencard.com)

The Euclid Alternative

The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem

The Panty Pinata Polarization (aside from Howard's creepy America's Top Model obsession)

The White Asparagus Triangulation (except for Sheldon's asking Penny about her menstrual cycle and comments on her libido)

The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis (except for Penny's talking about what she and David Underhill did the previous night, along with the naked pictures of his wife)

The Killer Robot Instability (aside from Howard's creepy advances on Penny and Penny's implying he's probably at home with a blow-up doll)

The Friendship Algorithm

The Financial Permeability

The Cushion Saturation

The Terminator Decoupling

The Work Song Nanocluster (except for that Laser Optical Strip Chess comment)

The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition (aside from Aleisha hooking up with the CSI producer at the end)

The Classified Materials Turbulence (unless you're not fond of toilet humor)

The Monopolar Expedition

Season 3

The Pirate Solution (Penny and Leonard make out on Sheldon's spot on the couch and Howard overhears Leonard and Penny's "big finish")

The Cornhusker Vortex (Just a bit of random Howard creepiness)

The Guitarist Amplification (There is a brief scene with Leonard and Penny in bed together at the end, but they're not doing anything)

The Adhesive Duck Deficiency (Unless you think it might be uncomfortable to see the 3 guys get high and Howard talking about losing his virginity to his cousin)

The Maternal Congruence (Leonard's mom talks about having sex with the busboy at the Cheesecake Factory, talk about menopause, penises, etc.)

The Excelsior Acquisition

The Precious Fragmentation (Leonard and Penny briefly sleeping in bed together when Sheldon tries to take the ring, and Penny's luring Leonard with a bag from Victoria's Secret)

The Pants Alternative (except for Sheldon mooning the audience at the end, spoken not shown)

The Spaghetti Catalyst

Season 4

The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification

The Zazzy Substitution

The Desperation Emanation (except for Amy and Sheldon's ruse with Amy's mother that they're like animals in heat, Sheldon making love to Amy's vagina, etc.)

The Apology Insufficiency (except for Penny's comment about dry humping one of her friends' boyfriend in high school)

The 21-Second Excitation (except for Amy's "experimentation with lesbianism and her talk about various women body parts, etc.)

The Boyfriend Complexity (Leonard and Penny kiss quite a bit in front of Penny's dad, but that's about it)

The Justice League Recombination

The Bus Pants Utilization

The Thespian Catalyst (aside from Raj daydreaming about being able to have a guilt-free sexual relationship with Bernadette)

The Toast Derivation

The Zarnecki Incursion (unless you think talk about poop-flinging could be considered "not innocent")

The Herb Garden Germination (unless the "Sheldon and Amy having sex" rumor is too much)

The Engagement Reaction (Leonard has a brief conversation with Raj about doing a striptease and putting on body glitter, and being the king of foreplay)

LOL nobody ever remembers that part of the episode.

the only reason I "remembered" that part was because I started watching it!

to Aevitas: wow. thanks for the suggestions.

a sexual line here or there doesn't matter. I just didn't want to watch those outwardly sexual episodes... (like Leonard & Priya in the shower!) some episodes DO get a little risque, so I just wanted a list of some the more G-rated ones.

It's a pretty innocent show, but there're some sexual and religious jokes which can make very conservative people uncomfortable.

I'm not conservative or prude by any means, but I don't need to watch an episode with Leonard & Priya having "shower sex" with my mother. (it's a respect thing) & I'm sure other people agree. the show definitely has overly sexual parts, but yes its got plenty of innocent episodes as well.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

my mom is quite a pervert LOL (well, not a pervert per se, but pretty liberal regarding sex) so I don't think she'd mind. She actually watches the show, but her favorite is still TAHHM

to Aevitas: wow. thanks for the suggestions.

a sexual line here or there doesn't matter. I just didn't want to watch those outwardly sexual episodes... (like Leonard & Priya in the shower!) some episodes DO get a little risque, so I just wanted a list of some the more G-rated ones.

You're welcome. :) I'll probably be able to add more episodes to that list now that you say an occasional sexual line is okay. I was being a bit strict with my filter just to be on the safe side. But I suppose the list will be useful for other people too, so might as well be thorough.

You're welcome. :) I'll probably be able to add more episodes to that list now that you say an occasional sexual line is okay. I was being a bit strict with my filter just to be on the safe side. But I suppose the list will be useful for other people too, so might as well be thorough.

right on, & job well done! I'm sure others will appreciate the list.

I'll think of some to add to the list as well. :)

Okay, I updated the list, and I put in parentheses whatever sexual/uncomfortable comments in the episode that may or may not be a big deal. :) If there are any others people want to add to it, let me know. My filter is after all subjective, so I probably missed something here and there.

The Engagement Reaction (Leonard has a brief conversation with Raj about doing a striptease and putting on body glitter, and being the king of foreplay)

Penny & Priya also compare notes about Leonard's foreplay.

The 21-Second Excitation (except for Amy's "experimentation with lesbianism and her talk about various women body parts, etc.)

I'd take this one out. this one is a seemingly harmless episode.

it's weird... I can easily think of the ones NOT to watch!

here's my edits:

Season 1

The Pilot (aside from "masturbating for money," and Leonard talking about sex with Penny)

The Big Bran Hypothesis (Except for Raj's "turn your pelvis")

The Grasshopper Experiment

The Cooper-Hofstadter Polarization

The Loobenfeld Decay

The Pancake Batter Anomaly

The Jerusalem Duality

The Bat Jar Conjecture (although there is a brief discussion about sex between Leslie and Leonard in that one)

The Pork Chop Indeterminancy

The Tangerine Factor (except for the blog detailing Penny's sex life)

Season 2

The Bad Fish Paradigm

The Barbarian Sublimation (Aside from Sheldon trying to get Penny some sex and Sheldon asking a guy in the cafeteria if he'd like to be in a sexual relationship)

The Griffin Equivalency (Aside from Raj talking about sucking face, and Howard's username WealthyBigPenis on anythingforagreencard.com)

The Euclid Alternative

The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem

The Panty Pinata Polarization (aside from Howard's creepy America's Top Model obsession)

The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis (except for Penny's talking about what she and David Underhill did the previous night, along with the naked pictures of his wife)

The Killer Robot Instability (aside from Howard's creepy advances on Penny and Penny's implying he's probably at home with a blow-up doll)

The Friendship Algorithm

The Financial Permeability

The Terminator Decoupling

The Work Song Nanocluster

The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition

The Classified Materials Turbulence (unless you're not fond of toilet humor)

The Monopolar Expedition

Season 3

The Pirate Solution (Penny and Leonard make out on Sheldon's spot on the couch and Howard overhears Leonard and Penny's "big finish")

The Cornhusker Vortex

The Guitarist Amplification

The Adhesive Duck Deficiency (Leonard, Howard, Raj get high)

The Maternal Congruence (Leonard's mom talks about having sex with the busboy at the Cheesecake Factory, talk about menopause, penises, etc.)

The Excelsior Acquisition

The Precious Fragmentation (Leonard and Penny briefly sleeping in bed together when Sheldon tries to take the ring, and Penny's luring Leonard with a bag from Victoria's Secret)

The Pants Alternative

The Wheaton Recurrence

The Spaghetti Catalyst

The Staircase Implementation (except for Leonard in bed with Joyce Kim, the North Korean spy)

Season 4

The Cruciferous Vegetable Amplification

The Zazzy Substitution

The Desperation Emanation (except for Amy and Sheldon's ruse with Amy's mother that they're like animals in heat, Sheldon making love to Amy's vagina, etc.)

The Apology Insufficiency

The 21-Second Excitation

The Boyfriend Complexity (Leonard and Penny kiss quite a bit in front of Penny's dad, but that's about it)

The Justice League Recombination

The Bus Pants Utilization

The Thespian Catalyst (aside from Raj daydreaming about being able to have a guilt-free sexual relationship with Bernadette)

The Toast Derivation

The Zarnecki Incursion

The Herb Garden Germination