5.22 The Stag Convergence (Apr. 26)

How do you rate this episode?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

like Prya, Raj may "date you but will never marry you" - he's the most likely to settle with a nice Indian girl chosen for him by his parents. He may rebel now, but he's a big soft conformist by nature.

Yeah except he's in America he can choose to date and marry whoever he wants.

...in theory, Raj is in America and can choose whomever he wants. In practice, many Indians in America still follow the family tradition of arranged marriages. For people from rich families like Raj and Prya's, it's even more common. Dating is one thing, but marriage is for equals, not mixing with the hoi polloi or the "wrong" heritage.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How could you narrow it down to just 101?It must be approaching 1,000,001 by now.

I just see Raj marrying whoever he wants wheter she's a white American or Indian heritage but I don't see him just picking anyone nor getting serious with someone he knows his family won't accept and remember Priya was going to take Leonard to meet her parents in India.

...in theory, Raj is in America and can choose whomever he wants. In practice, many Indians in America still follow the family tradition of arranged marriages. For people from rich families like Raj and Prya's, it's even more common. Dating is one thing, but marriage is for equals, not mixing with the hoi polloi or the "wrong" heritage.

That would be us :icon_lol:

I don't see him just picking anyone nor getting serious with someone he knows his family won't accept

Agreed. As for Prya, actions talk, bull*t walks. She didn't take her relationship with Leonard seriously, and whatever she promised, it's highly doubtful she would ever have introduced him to her parents. She promised, but she didn't, and in the end she wouldn't have.

I was not surprised at all to see Prya cheating on Leonard, that was actually quite in character. If you're ashamed of your partner and only use him/her for sexual gratification, while keeping him/her "secret" and hidden from your family and friends, then the classic way to break up with him/her is to cheat and thus make your partner break up with you. :icon_idea:

Raj already showed that he would defy his parents and choose whomever he wants. Even when they threatened to cut off his monetary support he was going to stay in the relationship with Penny's gold-digging gym associate who's name I cannot recall.

Priya had no such character.

@BigBang that's because they had Priya move back

@HeWolf she wasn't Penny's friend just went to the same gym, he defied them until a expensive car was involved.

@HeWolf she wasn't Penny's friend just went to the same gym, he defied them until a expensive car was involved.

Thanks! Edit made.

Raj defied them until they cut him off. When he told the girl there would be no car she dumped him. She made the choice, not him. He showed commitment that Priya never showed for Leonard.

@Moonbase he sure has he's probably has gotten the most, imagine if he could talk.

@HeWolf maybe they got drunk at ComicCon

Yeah it wasn't that Bernadette was mad at Raj and he's not her bf it's she's learning about the past and kept something like this from her.

@HeWolf it definetly is more than 4.

My count:

1. The girl at Penny's Halloween party.

2. The girl from the bar he went to with Howard and Leonard.

3. Elizabeth Plimpton.

4. The girl from Penny's gym.

5. The girl he picked up with Sheldon (maybe).

He also makes reference to dating a 'deaf' chick. We don't have any reference to indicate if this relationship was sexual.

Who have I missed?

I'm really hoping Howard doesn't get married......

I don't read the taping reports and don't know what happens, but I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.

Raj defied them until they cut him off. When he told the girl there would be no car she dumped him. She made the choice, not him. He showed commitment that Priya never showed for Leonard.

That's a good point, and also the reason why I like Raj much better than Priya.

I think in the end Raj will follow his parents' lead. He may rebel and defy them for now, but after he has a chance to date and have a few relationships, as the time comes to marry... he'll yield to his parents' influence.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Thanks! Edit made.

@Moonbase he sure has he's probably has gotten the most, imagine if he could talk.

@HeWolf maybe they got drunk at ComicCon

Yeah it wasn't that Bernadette was mad at Raj and he's not her bf it's she's learning about the past and kept something like this from her.

@HeWolf it definetly is more than 4.

My count:

1. The girl at Penny's Halloween party.

2. The girl from the bar he went to with Howard and Leonard.

3. Elizabeth Plimpton.

4. The girl from Penny's gym.

5. The girl he picked up with Sheldon (maybe).

He also makes reference to dating a 'deaf' chick. We don't have any reference to indicate if this relationship was sexual.

Who have I missed?

there was also the girl? LOL from Comic Con (what happens in costume at ComicCon stays at ComicCon)

They always suggest on the show that raj would be popular with the ladies if he didn't have the mutism. Sheldon's sister was interested in raj but he couldn't talk to her.

IMO Sheldon's sister wasn't interested in Raj or any of the other guys. She was jerking his chain.

Really? How do you know? She said she was happy to see Raj, while she blew off the others.

IMO Sheldon's sister wasn't interested in Raj or any of the other guys. She was jerking his chain.

Really? How do you know? She said she was happy to see Raj, while she blew off the others.

Ohhhh think she had a little "Indian Fever" going on "Kama Sutra" anyone....

Maybe they haven't removed his mutism for that very reason, they don't know what they might unleash. A stud nerd. Is there such a thing?

Can you be a stud that's nerdy?

Rick you're the only one that thinks that, Missy said something like I'm glad you showed up how is this jerking his chain while she flat out said no to Leonard and Howard.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Yeah, as stud can be nerdy as well (boy, some people really have the "revenge of the nerds stereotype really strong eh?). Matt Smith for example, he's a nerd who even writes fanfiction and yet, a stud. Zackary Levi.. one of the biggest nerds around.. but still a stud, David Tennant, James Franco.. need I say more?

and if Raj would lose his selective mutism he would definitely get a lot of girls.

I believe Raj's selected mutism is like a constant on the show. It reminds me of the old but very successful comedy series The Beverly Hillbillies. Although the show went on for 9 years there was very little development of the characters hillbilly lifestyle in adjusting to city life. It was the spark of the show in how they interacted with city people, although the show did go down hill in the last couple of seasons.

it was great that howard made is

heartfelt speech in front of penny,

they were not the best of friends.

she as warmed up to him, he gave

marriage proposal to her friend.