The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.22 The Stag Convergence (Apr. 26)

How do you rate this episode?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I'm worried because Wil is in the episode. He's always up to no good, and who knows if he has anything to do with it, but of course we all remember how he indirectly urged Penny to run out of the bowling alley at the end of season 3. His character is such an ass.

that definitely wasn't done indirectly. it was on purpose, just as Sheldon suspected.

also, the last time he was on, he & Sheldon made amends. so who knows. :icon_mrgreen:

I was thinking that she would have already known about his previous sexual encounters, in general. Not saying it should be discussed in detail but they never talked about what they did/ relationships they had before each other?

yeah, good point! didn't they already address this in the Hot Troll episode-- when Howard was messing around with a troll online?

^^ If I remember correctly, they almost broke up because of that....

It will be interesting to see how this scenario is gonna play out...I would feel sorry for Howard.

Curious to find out what Will's part in this episode is gonna be..still having 2nd thoughts about the sudden turn around of becoming Sheldon's friend ...

This may turn out to not go in the direction everyone is thinking. What if what is bothering Bernadette is Howard's *lack* of a sexual history? Leslie Winkle was the 5th girl he ever slept with, and Bernadette would be #7 (#6 is the vegas hooker). Maybe Bernie's number is way greater than Howard's. Bernadette we know isn't a virgin. She dated Glenn for a year. She knows she can get "huge missiles". She also has a 3 dates = sex rule. You don't have a rule like that if you don't follow it from time to time. And Bernadette wasn't upset that Howard was doing a troll in WoW, it's that he *wasn't* doing her. We might find out Bernie has been with many many more men than Howard has with women, and maybe in her mind she might be scared he might want to "up his score" to be on her level or something.

Curious to find out what Will's part in this episode is gonna be..still having 2nd thoughts about the sudden turn around of becoming Sheldon's friend ...

I think when people finally realize that Sheldon can't help how he is and doesn't actually know any better, they seem to dial down their antagonism towards him. I think Wil generally likes Sheldon now, and feels bad for the things he has done.

This may turn out to not go in the direction everyone is thinking. What if what is bothering Bernadette is Howard's *lack* of a sexual history? Leslie Winkle was the 5th girl he ever slept with, and Bernadette would be #7 (#6 is the vegas hooker). Maybe Bernie's number is way greater than Howard's. Bernadette we know isn't a virgin. She dated Glenn for a year. She knows she can get "huge missiles". She also has a 3 dates = sex rule. You don't have a rule like that if you don't follow it from time to time. And Bernadette wasn't upset that Howard was doing a troll in WoW, it's that he *wasn't* doing her. We might find out Bernie has been with many many more men than Howard has with women, and maybe in her mind she might be scared he might want to "up his score" to be on her level or something.

I think when people finally realize that Sheldon can't help how he is and doesn't actually know any better, they seem to dial down their antagonism towards him. I think Wil generally likes Sheldon now, and feels bad for the things he has done.

I'm surprised Glenn didn't brake Bernadette or at least stretch her where she would feel a thing with Howard, Glenn is 6'7/8 black mam while Bernadette is 5'1"? you do the math on that.

As what you're saying is why Howard would have seconds thoughts, but maybe Bernie doesn't know about the hooker(the guy should never tell a girl that unless asked), Leslie winkle and the blow up doll.

The season finale is about them and their wedding so the must not break up.

How do we know the season finale is about the wedding? I guess I've missed that somewhere?

I read about it his about the wedding and howard's space career not sure what happens with the other characters.

does anyone know yet, why we have to wait another 2 weeks for this next episode?

Well there's only a couple episodes so unless you want the season to end mid April that's why

does anyone know yet, why we have to wait another 2 weeks for this next episode?

Well there's only a couple episodes so unless you want the season to end mid April that's why

but I didn't know if there was an actual reason for 2 week wait. like last time it was basketball. and hey, I rather the season end early (and complete) than to wait 2 weeks for a new episode.

but I didn't know if there was an actual reason for 2 week wait. like last time it was basketball. and hey, I rather the season end early (and complete) than to wait 2 weeks for a new episode.

I wouldn't the season is going to early than normal but if you wish for then that means season 6 would be a longer wait. Outide of the two week break in march unless it's a holiday if there's a rerun during the season it is probably planned.

Could this be the beginning of the end for Bernadette? Maybe Howard is hung like a gnat and she can no longer take and gets back with Glen and leaves Howard? Seriously though, it would seem they do come from very different backgrounds and things like that end relationships all the time.

The breaks between episodes towards the end of the season is a yearly occurrence.

The home page has the latest hiatus listed to allow for production time of the final episodes.

Just one of those things we have to put up with, I guess.

Could this be the beginning of the end for Bernadette? Maybe Howard is hung like a gnat and she can no longer take and gets back with Glen and leaves Howard? Seriously though, it would seem they do come from very different backgrounds and things like that end relationships all the time.

By that reasoning then none of the couples on here should be together. If howard's lack of size was a real issue or any issue she would've broke up with him after seeing what he has or doesn't have.

Does anyone think they'll have a bachelor party for Howard on here.

By that reasoning then none of the couples on here should be together. If howard's lack of size was a real issue or any issue she would've broke up with him after seeing what he has or doesn't have.

Yup, the episode title suggests this one is the bachelor/stag party.

Maybe Howard is hung like a gnat and she can no longer take and gets back with Glen and leaves Howard?

I really meant that comment as joke. :icon_cheesygrin:

Yup, the episode title suggests this one is the bachelor/stag party.

I'm sure The Stag party would work very well in the show, especially since I assume that none of the guys have ever been to that sort of social gathering. I could just imagine Sheldon's reactions to any sexual related content that may be present at the party, as I reminisce the costume party at Penny's apartment.

Yes, and add Stuart, Kripke and Wil Wheaton to that mix. I'm hoping it's going to be a great episode.

Sheldon won't be into the party at all. Unless he unwittingly drinks some alcohol, which he seems to have a bad reaction too.

I have a feeling that whatever happens, the writers will find a way for Howard and Bernadette to work it out. Every time some kind of bump in the road comes up, they figure out how to deal with it one way or another. Things like Bernadette telling Howard she's not going to be his mother (when he tries to get her to do his laundry and buy his groceries), talk about signing a pre-nup, and Bernadette not wanting kids (which was a deal-breaker for Howard) were pretty big issues but they got past them.

Besides that, Bernadette described Howard as the guy with the "looks, fancy patter and tight hoochie pants" whom she expected to make "the move." I'm not too sure what else she would discover that would make her reconsider marriage. Worst case scenario, it could be a reason to postpone the wedding, but I'm fairly certain the wedding will happen. (Unless Melissa Rausch wants to leave the show and this is how she'll be written off, but not likely)

What sexual history? He claims he's a lady man that strikes out

I'm also bewildered. Howard has a history? REALLY? Maybe they mean imaginary history, LOL? :icon_lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, wait a second! Actually, Howard DOES have a history - with a prostitute in Vegas! Hmmm... Actually, that little factoid could turn Bernadette totally against him.

I certainly would drop instantly a guy if I found out he ever used a prostitute. It's the ewww factor, and also the question of the proper moral backbone factor, and also the incomparable differences factor. Howard's dalliance with the Vegas prostitute may be the true bone of contention for Bernadette. Hmmm.

Well I can't see Sheldon going to a bachelor party unless the guys either trick him, drag him or say it's not optional.

Since they've been having guest stars maybe they'll have guess stars as the entertainment.

I'm also bewildered. Howard has a history? REALLY? Maybe they mean imaginary history, LOL? :icon_lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, wait a second! Actually, Howard DOES have a history - with a prostitute in Vegas! Hmmm... Actually, that little factoid could turn Bernadette totally against him.

I certainly would drop instantly a guy if I found out he ever used a prostitute. It's the ewww factor, and also the question of the proper moral backbone factor, and also the incomparable differences factor. Howard's dalliance with the Vegas prostitute may be the true bone of contention for Bernadette. Hmmm.

I don't see how she would find out Howard sure wouldn't tell her wheter intentional or accidently telling her so I'm not sure how she would find out.

It is also implied that was not the first time he was with a prostitute. In some other episode, I think The Cushion Saturation, where Howard said "Leslie Winkle was the 5th woman he's ever slept with 'for free'." So even if you discount the Vegas prostitute that Raj and Leonard surprised him with, he most definitely had been paying for them himself in the past.

It is also implied that was not the first time he was with a prostitute. In some other episode, I think The Cushion Saturation, where Howard said "Leslie Winkle was the 5th woman he's ever slept with 'for free'." So even if you discount the Vegas prostitute that Raj and Leonard surprised him with, he most definitely had been paying for them himself in the past.

That's a good point. Vegas wasn't even the first time. And of course, such a dirty secret could come out during the stag party.

Sheldon or Raj may be to blame, for example blurting out - "I don't see why you're so upset, Bernadette, with guys hiring a stripper for Howard, it's not like when they/we hired a hooker for him in Vegas".