The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

5.22 The Stag Convergence (Apr. 26)

How do you rate this episode?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

Oh, wait a second! Actually, Howard DOES have a history - with a prostitute in Vegas! Hmmm... Actually, that little factoid could turn Bernadette totally against him.

I certainly would drop instantly a guy if I found out he ever used a prostitute. It's the ewww factor, and also the question of the proper moral backbone factor, and also the incomparable differences factor. Howard's dalliance with the Vegas prostitute may be the true bone of contention for Bernadette. Hmmm.

It is also implied that was not the first time he was with a prostitute. In some other episode, I think The Cushion Saturation, where Howard said "Leslie Winkle was the 5th woman he's ever slept with 'for free'." So even if you discount the Vegas prostitute that Raj and Leonard surprised him with, he most definitely had been paying for them himself in the past.

That's a good point. Vegas wasn't even the first time. And of course, such a dirty secret could come out during the stag party.

Sheldon or Raj may be to blame, for example blurting out - "I don't see why you're so upset, Bernadette, with guys hiring a stripper for Howard, it's not like when they/we hired a hooker for him in Vegas".

Blurt schmurt, Raj is mean enough to say it intentionally.

Raj isn't mean what are you watching, The guys wouldn't have told Sheldon that Howard scored with a hooker because Sheldon wouldn't cared as far as I know it wasn't discussed outside of the three.

I agree. Maybe not because he's mean, but because of his crush on Bernadette, Raj may spill the beans intentionally.

I agree. Maybe not because he's mean, but because of his crush on Bernadette, Raj may spill the beans intentionally.

NOT INTENTIONALLY-- BUT WITH HIM DRINKING

AT THE PARTY, WHO KNOWS? HE JUMP AT

THE CHANCE WITH PENNY.:icon_twisted:

WAS HE DEVASTATING WHEN BERNADETTE

ACCEPTS HOWARD PROPOSAL.:icon_confused:

I just don't see raj doing this yes he had a crush on Bernadette but I couldn't see him doing anything to Howard to hurt him and be mean and why wouldn't he jump at the chance to be with penny.

I just don't see raj doing this yes he had a crush on Bernadette but I couldn't see him doing anything to Howard to hurt him and be mean and why wouldn't he jump at the chance to be with penny.

IT IS OK FOR RAJ TO GET PENNY,WHILE

LEONARD WAS WITH HIS SISTER(PRIYA)

He wrote poems about his best friends fiance and his penis. Most people do not consider this acceptable behavior.

He wrote poems about his best friends fiance and his penis. Most people do not consider this acceptable behavior.

RIGHT ON!!!! NOT ACCEPT. I VOTE FOR RAJ ON POLL WHO

TRUST THE LEAST(BUT HE IS HOWARDS BEST FRIEND):icon_confused:

It wasn't OK for Raj to do Penny when she was so drunk she can't even remember what they did. She had told him she still wanted Leonard and he was such a good friend of hers that he took advantage of her anyway. Remember, Raj was sober enough to remember everything. Penny was not. There are some circles that call that date rape. Raj doesn't care about anyone but himself. They turned his character into a mean, selfish backstabber through the whole of season 4. It has nothing do do with Leonard, though I think most people agree, screwing your best friend's ex-girlfriend in his bed might be just a tad slimy.

It wasn't OK for Raj to do Penny when she was so drunk she can't even remember what they did. She had told him she still wanted Leonard and he was such a good friend of hers that he took advantage of her anyway. Remember, Raj was sober enough to remember everything. Penny was not. There are some circles that call that date rape. Raj doesn't care about anyone but himself. They turned his character into a mean, selfish backstabber through the whole of season 4. It has nothing do do with Leonard, though I think most people agree, screwing your best friend's ex-girlfriend in his bed might be just a tad slimy.

Well just because one is a little more drunk doesn't necessaryily make it date rape and we don't know who made the first move, this was just a slight hiccup for raj, considering how he is in season 5, penny wasn't with anyone so if they want to hook up so be it, people dog raj yet Howard and Leonard aren't any better. Raj wasn't a backstabber in season 4 if he was he would've done everything in his power to breake up Howard and Bernadette and if that didn't work then he would set his sights on Penny for revenge on Leonard for dating his sister and neither of these happened and him and penny happened so sudden and couldn't even finish the deal.

Penny was so drunk that she couldn't recall what happened. She told him that she made a mistake in breaking up with Leonard. Just because she wasn't with anyone at that point in time doesn't make her fair game for taking advantage of her when she is blitzed out of her mind. He also wrote a poem about Bernadette and his penis. This is not a slight hiccup, it is the action of a predator waiting on the sidelines to take advantage of a woman. His actions were despicable and disgusting.

Penny was so drunk that she couldn't recall what happened. She told him that she made a mistake in breaking up with Leonard. Just because she wasn't with anyone at that point in time doesn't make her fair game for taking advantage of her when she is blitzed out of her mind. He also wrote a poem about Bernadette and his penis. This is not a slight hiccup, it is the action of a predator waiting on the sidelines to take advantage of a woman. His actions were despicable and disgusting.

He didn't take advantage of penny, we don't even know who maded the move first if he was trying to take advantage he would've slept with her or if he was some predator like you're trying to potray him as he would've let Penny think they slept together, and part of raj's behavior is he's a little lonely.

Its amazing the depth some of these threads get into. :) Anyway, if a male and female are drinking together willingly and they end up together (assuming nothing was forced, involved violence or drugs) how would that constitute date rape? Questionable decision making perhaps, but thats totally different. Raj sleeping with Penny was slimy, backhanded and not something a good friend would normally do especially after her comments about Leonard AND doing it in Leonard's bed. But she was single, as was Raj and based on what we know of the characters there was nothing illegal or (to) immoral that led to them getting busy. Besides this is a fictional TV comedy show and I think somethings are just meant to be taken at face value for comedic value. :)

Penny has never indicated she has any negative feelings towards Raj over what happened. She didn't blame him, she questioned her own behaviour, not his. I think it shows she's maturing and no longer want to seek comfort in the wrong ways.

Its amazing the depth some of these threads get into.

seriously! especially for an episode that hasn't aired yet!

by the time this episode airs, this thread will be on page 27, lol.

He didn't take advantage of penny, we don't even know who maded the move first if he was trying to take advantage he would've slept with her or if he was some predator like you're trying to potray him as he would've let Penny think they slept together, and part of raj's behavior is he's a little lonely.

If he was a predator why would he let her think that they had coitus when it is a fact that in many states it is considered date rape if the woman is too drunk to make a rational decision. You can argue the right or the wrong of the law, but in many states it is the law. To cover his own behind he would be better off with her thinking that nothing happened.

For crying out loud he made a poem about his best friend's fiance and his penis. How is that anything but creepy no matter how "lonely" he is?

Well, it's a situation comedy and not real, so you can put any spin on it you like. In the real world, having sex with someone who is so drunk they don't know they are doing, can get you prosecuted for rape. In the real world, if Raj was still capable of having sex, he was far less drunk than Penny, and he would have known it. That is most certainly taking advantage. He knew she was pining after Leonard, she just told him that. He also knew she didn't want to have sex with him when she was sober. Call it what you like, it's sounds awfully slimy to me. It certainly isn't something a friend does to his close female friend. The writing staff copped out in 5x1 and left it like Penny blamed herself. OK, that's what we are stuck with. Get a female close friend so drunk she no longer knows what she is doing, in real life, and use her like that and see what you get back from her the next day. One thing is fairly certain, you will be out one close friend.

Its amazing the depth some of these threads get into. :) Anyway, if a male and female are drinking together willingly and they end up together (assuming nothing was forced, involved violence or drugs) how would that constitute date rape? Questionable decision making perhaps, but thats totally different. Raj sleeping with Penny was slimy, backhanded and not something a good friend would normally do especially after her comments about Leonard AND doing it in Leonard's bed. But she was single, as was Raj and based on what we know of the characters there was nothing illegal or (to) immoral that led to them getting busy. Besides this is a fictional TV comedy show and I think somethings are just meant to be taken at face value for comedic value. :)

The argument, in court, usually revolves around the fact that a man capable of managing the sex act was not drunk enough to avoid responsibility for his actions. A woman, as in the case of Penny, who cannot remember having sex or much of anything else, was far past being able to consent to anything. Ergo, rape. It happens far more commonly than you might think. It comes down to this, if you can still manage sex after drinking, you best take a good look at your lady partner. Is she really able to be responsible? If the answer is no, then you can be held responsible for what you do with her.

Raj would have been crucified, in court, over this. He knew her well and a prosecutor would have found it easy to get testimony that she would never have slept with him sober and that he knew it.

Raj would have been crucified, in court, over this. He knew her well and a prosecutor would have found it easy to get testimony that she would never have slept with him sober and that he knew it.

You just don't understand situational ethics. :icon_evil: These people will use any flimsy rationalization to excuse immoral behaviour.

Also remember Raj has a "buttload" of money. A smart (expensive) lawyer could easily twist the story:

" So, you "claim" you don't remember what happened. You "claim" you didn't know my client was fabulously wealthy, even though you have known him for 4 years. Is it true you owe your ex-boyfriend several thousand dollars? Did you once try to sell your underwear for money? Your Honor, I have here a list of 28 men ready to testify to one night stands with this woman....."

He said, she said. Absent some Lewinsky evidence, no case.

Whether or not he could have gotten off with the use of an expensive lawyer is besides the point. The point is that what Raj did was wrong and considered rape in many states. Writing poems about your best friend's fiance and your penis is wrong and creepy. Being lonesome is not an excuse. Being unable to speak in front of women is does not somehow make him a nice or sweet guy.

For one why are we still discussing this are we going to be talking about this in

season 7 or 8 and no it's not rape unless raj forced himself or slipped something in her drink is not rape and disgusted I'm not sure where you get 28 one night stands(making things up), we don't know who made the first move and remember she was alert enough to put the condom on.

For one why are we still discussing this are we going to be talking about this in

season 7 or 8 and no it's not rape unless raj forced himself or slipped something in her drink is not rape and disgusted I'm not sure where you get 28 one night stands(making things up), we don't know who made the first move and remember she was alert enough to put the condom on.

Once again, agree with the law or not, in many states it is considered rape. According to those laws, if you have sexual relations with a woman who is incapacitated by drugs or ALCOHOL (which by the way is a drug), then it is considered rape.

As for whoever posted the 28 one night stands figure, I believe that they are using Sheldon's equation, although I think that actual figure he came up with was something like 33 sexual parties, and although Sheldon did indicate that many were one night stands he did not come up with an actual number for them to the best of my memory.

I recently rewatched that scene with Penny, Sheldon, and Amy, and you can argue whether or not Sheldon's numbers were off or not but by what they showed in that scene, specifically Penny first denying it, then obviously IMO counting the number of encounters in her head, and then her dropping her denial, Sheldon's number was either very close or right on the money.

Once again, agree with the law or not, in many states it is considered rape. According to those laws, if you have sexual relations with a woman who is incapacitated by drugs or ALCOHOL (which by the way is a drug), then it is considered rape.

As for whoever posted the 28 one night stands figure, I believe that they are using Sheldon's equation, although I think that actual figure he came up with was something like 33 sexual parties, and although Sheldon did indicate that many were one night stands he did not come up with an actual number for them to the best of my memory.

I recently rewatched that scene with Penny, Sheldon, and Amy, and you can argue whether or not Sheldon's numbers were off or not but by what they showed in that scene, specifically Penny first denying it, then obviously IMO counting the number of encounters in her head, and then her dropping her denial, Sheldon's number was either very close or right on the money.

Well then penny can be charged with rape to since raj had alchol in his system. Sheldon's math is full of crap he just pulled a number out of his head, and just penny didn't want to discuss it and sit there and count it doesn't make him right, I don't know any woman that would sit there and count or discuss it just to prove he's way off base it would make them uncomfortable and would dropit just like Penny did. As for Sheldon's "math" I still have no idea where he got anything so let's start there's 171(that she supposed dated) men and then 193(that she supposed dated) men plus or minus 8(not sure the number is to what) and then 193-21= 172 men he claims she dated divided by something equals 30.1 and rounds up to 31 and like I said for a scientist he has so many holes and flaws in this it's not even funny, if one of his experiments was like this it would get ripped to shreds.

Look at it however you like. From Sheldon's perspective this is the right number.

Sheldon: Your characterization of approximately 171 different men as a few.

Penny: What? Where did you get 171 men?

Sheldon: Simple extrapolation. In the three years that I’ve known you, you were single for two. During that time, I saw 17 different suitors. If we work backwards, correcting for observation bias and postulate an initial dating age of 15…

Penny: Whoa, wait, wait, wait. I did not start dating at 15.

Sheldon: I’m sorry. 16?

Penny: 14.

Sheldon: My mistake. Now, assuming the left side of a bell curve peaking around the present, that would bring the total up to 193 men. Plus or minus eight men.

Amy: Remarkable. Did you have sexual intercourse with all of these men?

Penny: No.

Sheldon: Although that number would be fairly easy to calculate.

Penny: Oh.

Sheldon: Based on the number of awkward encounters I’ve had with strange men leaving her apartment in the morning, plus the number of times she’s returned home wearing the same clothes she wore the night before…

Penny: Okay, Sheldon, I think you’ve made your point.

Sheldon: So we multiply 193, minus 21 men before the loss of virginity, so 172 times 0.18 gives us 30.96 sexual partners. Let’s round that up to 31.

Hewolf that's bull I stand by Sheldon math and himself was full of crap because she started dating at 14 by some made up math she dated close to 200 men that's ridiculous, did he take in count that she dated 2 men for a combined almost 5 years? Of course not.

I don't understand because Sheldon said it that it must be true to some of you.