5.22 The Stag Convergence (Apr. 26)

How do you rate this episode?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this episode?

I will watch the episode again this morning and see if I feel better about it. The main things that stand out to me that were good were stuart and howard's speech. Sheldon's toast to howard was strange and not very funny. And, why is sheldon now insecure about Will Wheaton being friends with howard? Is he going to start being insecure like Amy now? I think I have been in denial too. What has happened to sheldon? Anyway, I am going to watch it again and post again. My husband and I were both not overly impressed with this episode.

In reference to Sheldon's speech that what guys do during that situation.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How could you narrow it down to just 101?It must be approaching 1,000,001 by now.

I will watch the episode again this morning and see if I feel better about it. The main things that stand out to me that were good were stuart and howard's speech. Sheldon's toast to howard was strange and not very funny. And, why is sheldon now insecure about Will Wheaton being friends with howard? Is he going to start being insecure like Amy now? I think I have been in denial too. What has happened to sheldon? Anyway, I am going to watch it again and post again. My husband and I were both not overly impressed with this episode.

I understand that, but he the purpose of the whole thing was that his jokes were not funny and everyone was looking at him like he was stupid -- are they turning sheldon into a nerd to make fun of? I don't know, it just felt off to me.

In reference to Sheldon's speech, the show is a comedy. The Sheldon speech wasn't funny. Whether or not this is what usually happens at stag parties is immaterial. I don't believe that I have been to a stag party where one of the speakers gave such a terrible speech. This isn't real life, it's a comedy.

The only scene during the episode that I thought was funny was Bernadette in the car with Raj and Howard. Frankly I thought the episode was a disappointment when compared to the usual BBT episode.

Anyone else feel a little "cheated" here we waite for two weeks hundreds of post,taping reports,spoilers and so on.I felt they really blackened the eye of Sheldon with "alchohol" courage to say things he would just normally say to Howard in the jist of conversation.I can understand wanting to take in the escense of the occasion but......would have like to seen more of a "bachelorette" party for Bernie always funny when the "girls" go out.The "Youtube" video ya kinda saw that one coming feel the best parts of the episode was was watching Howard transforming from old "Howie" to husband "Howie" his facial expressions and uncomfortableness during Raj's toast and his speech at Bernie's door was really a show of character evolvement for me.Just a humble observation from the crowd :icon_biggrin:

I understand that, but he the purpose of the whole thing was that his jokes were not funny and everyone was looking at him like he was stupid -- are they turning sheldon into a nerd to make fun of? I don't know, it just felt off to me.

They've always made fun of asheldon though.

I enjoyed this episode immensely (sic?)

That opening scene was lol funny.

The speeches were a bit me'h but it was nice to see the guys getting together for Howard.

Howard's scenes were great too.

Just wishing Bernadette would let the past go and stop punishing Howard. I know there was the whole Glacinda The Troll thing, but hey, he's a new man now... move on.

Solid ep. Loved it :)

Anyone else feel a little "cheated" here we waite for two weeks hundreds of post,taping reports,spoilers and so on.I felt they really blackened the eye of Sheldon with "alchohol" courage to say things he would just normally say to Howard in the jist of conversation.I can understand wanting to take in the escense of the occasion but......would have like to seen more of a "bachelorette" party for Bernie always funny when the "girls" go out.The "Youtube" video ya kinda saw that one coming feel the best parts of the episode was was watching Howard transforming from old "Howie" to husband "Howie" his facial expressions and uncomfortableness during Raj's toast and his speech at Bernie's door was really a show of character evolvement for me.Just a humble observation from the crowd :icon_biggrin:

The only thing the girls were going to do is stuff gifts in bags, not exactly a wild bachelorette night, Howard's reaction when Bernadette showed him the video she saw on the Internet was priceless.

I enjoyed this episode immensely (sic?)

That opening scene was lol funny.

The speeches were a bit me'h but it was nice to see the guys getting together for Howard.

Howard's scenes were great too.

Just wishing Bernadette would let the past go and stop punishing Howard. I know there was the whole Glacinda The Troll thing, but hey, he's a new man now... move on.

Solid ep. Loved it :)

I'm pretty sure any woman that just found out about a guy's past like Howard's would react the same way.

This episode contained several enjoyable moments and some laugh out loud dialogue. However, for me it also fell very flat at times. While nothing special, the opening was all right. It would have been better if it hadn’t featured another un-Sheldonesque laugh. The conversation that followed was stock for TBBT with the closing line from Leonard being the best part.

I was majorly disappointed in the bachelor party. From Sheldon drinking whisky through Raj’s speech it just fell flat for me. This could have been so much better. Instead of a classic moment, what we got was standard TBBT, mixed with some disappointing dialogue, with another contradiction tossed in for good measure. We got to see Leonard once again turn a speech about someone else into a moment to talk about himself. Raj talking about Howard like they were ex-lovers, and Sheldon (under the influence) thinking he’s a stand-up comic. We have seen all of this before. This should have been a moment for the writers to shine and I felt that they blew it. And, we learned of a threesome involving Howard, Raj and a girl at Comic-con. Really? These are the same guys that couldn’t have a threesome with Elizabeth Plimpton because they would have had to see each other naked. Stuart was great and I really enjoyed his moments. I thought Kripke and Will Wheaton were essentially wasted. I did think Leonard’s comment to Sheldon about it being too early to start dropping J-bombs was funny. LOL funny.

For me, the girls carried the show. The first scene in Penny’s apartment was pretty good and it had some good lines. When it shifted to Bernadette’s place after the bachelor party it was just as good. Neither scene was great, but I thought they were both good. And much better than the bachelor party.

The scene in the car with Bernadette was the best part for me. Her comments to Howard and Raj were great and when she called Raj ‘three-way’ it was another laugh out loud moment. Raj wanting so desperately to get out of the car was also very funny. Her reaction did seem a little extreme. This is Wolowizard she is marrying. The guy in the tight hoochie pants. She might not have known all the details of his past, but she knew he was at least a little twisted.

The moments with Leonard and Penny were pretty good. He tries so hard and she is so patient with him. Good stuff between those two. And I am sure that some of the ladies really liked Leonard without his shirt. It was a funny bit, but Johnny clearly spends a lot more time in the gym than Leonard ever would.

Simon continues to shine as Howard Wolowitz. His delivery of his lines to Penny at Bernadette’s apartment was outstanding. He has managed consistent excellence throughout the series while his character has undergone a major transformation. That he can do it so well leads me to ask…

Sheldon; where have you gone? What has happened to you, and why? From the laugh I commented on above, to the end of the episode, Sheldon was wrong. It’s not just the hair or the fact that he is clearly bigger. His mannerisms are different. His facial expressions are off. By the end of his comedy routine I was cringing and just wishing he would sit down and shut up. For some reason Jim Parsons has significantly changed how he plays Sheldon and it doesn’t work for me. These are not changes in the character; they are changes in the way the character is played. Some may think it’s good but to me it is the difference between Sheldon being quirky and hilarious and him being silly and obnoxious.

A decent episode and most of it was enjoyable. Not classic, but it wasn't Speckerman. Looking forward to next week.

Also, I am not trying to become the resident novelist here. I will try to keep these dissertations to a minimum. I promise…

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I would personally have preferred Amy's suggestion for a bachelorette party than the one they had, it was kinda boring LOL. You can never go wrong with peyote in a native american sweatlodge!!!

now seriously, on the episode itself, agree it wasn't the best of the season. If felt a bit slow. According to my fiancee "they kinda dragged it too long"... maybe it would have been better if the girl's B plot was a bit longer or if there would have been some Shamy (Amy scolding Sheldon for getting drunk would have been funny)

Howard was the highlight. they managed to redeem the Howard character on this one. If someone was wishing Howard & Bernadette to not get married I honestly think this episode would change their minds. It wasn't as hilarious as other episodes but it had a great deal of meaning and evolving for Howard. And is good to have a serious and heartwarming storyline every once in a while, is not all about cheap laughs.

I give it an 8

I don't think we or anyone else were cheated, it's hard to come up with new ideas every week especially after 100 episodes, yes we had to wait a couple weeks for a new one but it's not like they decided to make a episode were most of the fans didn't enjoy it. But that being it said I enjoyed it for the most part and parts they could've done without.

@HeWolf what did you expect from Leonard of course he would make a speech and turn it into about him. I agree about the threesome of course it would've been a foursome with Dr. Plimpton that's what frustrates fans the lack of knowledge or just disregard to detail. As for Johnny let's not act like he's Channing Tatum, and could you really see Leonard at a gym(with the type Penny use to date) that would be funny.

@cbolt: That was my point. We've seen Leonard do that. This was an opportunity for the writers to shine and the best they have is a rehash of an old idea.

Agree completely about Leonard in the gym. It could be funny to see him there. Maybe they can use that to bring back Zack.

@cbolt: That was my point. We've seen Leonard do that. This was an opportunity for the writers to shine and the best they have is a rehash of an old idea.

Agree completely about Leonard in the gym. It could be funny to see him there. Maybe they can use that to bring back Zack.

Yeah Leonard and Zack trying to impress Penny at the gym that would be interesting.....

@Hewolf except that's a part of Leonard as Sheldon's quirks or Raj's mutism or Howard's tighty hoocie pants.

Yeah Leonard and Zack trying to impress Penny at the gym that would be interesting.....

Yeah that would be funny at first, Leonard trying to puff out his chest until he could only lift the bare minimum while Zack could lift a lot maybe they would run into Kurt.

Stuart seemed way too needy in this episode.

he always had a certain quality about him, that kinda gave him more confidence than the other guys, but it all went away in this episode.

After my post last night I did feel the need to say something positive and that is that Simon's acting in last nights episode was excellent. He carried the show for the most part and played the part better than anyone else. He and his character have really matured.

After my post last night I did feel the need to say something positive and that is that Simon's acting in last nights episode was excellent. He carried the show for the most part and played the part better than anyone else. He and his character have really matured.

I agree. I feel simon deserves an award for this season. I hope he gets one.

Stuart seemed way too needy in this episode.

he always had a certain quality about him, that kinda gave him more confidence than the other guys, but it all went away in this episode.

Well he's been like that this season and a little last as well, when he first appeared he was a typical nerd and what not that not only got one but two dates with Penny but that guy appears to be gone but now he is sad and pathetic.

Yes Simon does deserve at least a nomination, this is the first season where he's been featured or his acting skills have been out and front.

I really liked this episode. I liked how Howard's character has matured and developed and his speech to Penny was great. I have not always been a fan of Penny and Leonard being together but in the second round of their relationship there is a chemistry between them that wasn't there before and this episode helped display that.

I think what is going on is that when they first dated Penny was unobtainable and Leonard's self-esteem was so low that he gave all the power to Penny. In their time apart Leonard grew a bit in his self-esteem and realized he can live without her. Now they seem to be on a more equal footing.

@BillF it had something to do with the first go around was all physical while this time at least you seem them talking even if just going up the stairs, I don't see it as he can now live without her, he lived before her.