The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Moon_Pie

The getting to know us thread

Hi all. My name is Ted. I live in London. I'm in my mid 30s. And I don't much like writing about myself.

@netmouse sorry mate but you will always be a little mouse striding across the screen to me, with an aussie accent.

@Sursonica I play guitar as well.

This is a great site with so many nice people. Please be careful, if you have your date of birth and are adding names and links which could lead to other accounts, where more information can be found about you. Be safe everyone. Just thought I'd mention that, as Tripper gets a lot of spam action. He's had quite a battle with them.

Hi,

My name is Jim. I'm 49 and work as a software developer. I only 'discovered' BBT last fall and immediately fell in love with it. I'm slowly catching up on past episodes. I remember way back before season one when it was first advertised I deliberately avoided watching the show because I assumed they would be mocking geeks and nerds in a condescending way. True, they *are* poking fun at geeks and nerds, but in between they show how we are real people, too!

I work in Pasadena in a building on Los Robles a few blocks south of Colorado Blvd and it's really fun to hear references to areas around here. I often walk down to the Old Town Pasadena area for lunch and always think of Penny when I walk past the Cheesecake Factory.

I hadn't seen this thread before! so here it goes:

I'm 30 years old, born in Argentina, (in the Patagony to be more exact) currently live half the time in Buenos Aires and halft he time un Usuahia. I did live a couple of years in Schaumburg, IL,(right outside of Chicago), also lived in Berlin for a year, and in London for 2 years. All for work.

I have a PhD in Astrophysics but I work in Technical Traning and Development for an american company I got that job to pay for my studies expenses, (even though College here is free, you need money for books, equipment, food, transportation and not going around naked) and I did so well and got promoted a few times so I kept this job even after I finished my studies. the money is good, and I love my job.. so why change?

I live with my fiancee (we don't have a date yet) and my two dogs on my own house. I am a videogame addict. I have an extense collection of DVD's as well as Music, I play bass guitar, I play guitar and I don't play drums but I can assemble and callibrate drums in 3 minutes (that's what you learn for dating too many drummers throughout life).

I can make the Rubik's 3x3 cube in 40 seconds, the 4x4 in 2 minutes and the 5x5 in 1.5 minutes (I do the 5x5 faster tahn the 4x4.. I still don't know why)

And this is me, last weekend :D

FYI, my hair has been black, pink, violet, blue, black, white and green

Ap7a3CQCIAEH0k-.jpg

O____o

Wow,epic!

Hi,

My name is Jim. I'm 49 and work as a software developer. I only 'discovered' BBT last fall and immediately fell in love with it. I'm slowly catching up on past episodes. I remember way back before season one when it was first advertised I deliberately avoided watching the show because I assumed they would be mocking geeks and nerds in a condescending way. True, they *are* poking fun at geeks and nerds, but in between they show how we are real people, too!

I work in Pasadena in a building on Los Robles a few blocks south of Colorado Blvd and it's really fun to hear references to areas around here. I often walk down to the Old Town Pasadena area for lunch and always think of Penny when I walk past the Cheesecake Factory.

Hey Jim.

It must be extra special to know the locations mentioned on TBBT. Another member Kyzzx knows the area as well. Did if freak you out when you first heard them say "Los Robles"? :icon_lol:

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Hey Jim! so cool for you to live near where the show takes place. I know it sounds geeky but I would totally love that!

Hey Jim.

It must be extra special to know the locations mentioned on TBBT. Another member Kyzzx knows the area as well. Did if freak you out when you first heard them say "Los Robles"? :icon_lol:

I've only seen season 1 (on DVD), some occasional re-runs, and the parts of season 5 that have aired since around Thanksgiving so I never noticed they lived on Los Robles until I started reading the BBT wiki the other day. I think when I read it I said WHAAAA! THAT'S COOL! or something like that. :-)

Jim

Hey Jim! so cool for you to live near where the show takes place. I know it sounds geeky but I would totally love that!

It is pretty cool, I have to admit. To clarify, I work in Pasadena. I live in Thousand Oaks, CA about 50 minutes west of Pasadena.

They doing a lot of filming of different movies and TV shows in Pasadena. It's not uncommon to see yellow signs for 'crew parking' pointing here or there. There has even been filming right by the building I work in. They will setup in the building's parking lot forcing everyone who works here to park in the parking ramp. There is a Masonic Temple right across the street and they did some interior filming for Iron Man 2 in there a few years back. I was walking back to work after lunch and saw Robert Downy Jr. coming out the side door and getting into a limo. That was pretty cool! That's the only time I've seen a celebrity here in Pasadena. I'm going to keep an eye out for signs for BBT filming and see if I can take some photos of the setup.

Jim

I feel like I came in a little late. I live in southern California. I like video games, food, and nerdgeek stuffs.

I got my AA in psychology at my local community college, and am now going to a Cal State by home to finish, unsure if I'm sticking with that major, though.

I work at a movie theater 30+ hours a week. I'm a manager. It's really awesome.

No boyfriend/girlfriend or anything. Just my best female friend of 10 years who is pretty much my heterosexual life mate and the love of my life. That's about it.

@netmouse sorry mate but you will always be a little mouse striding across the screen to me' date=' with an aussie accent. [/Quote']

Haaa. My thoughts exactly! LOL.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

@Sursonica: you look like Tira from the Soulcalibur series.

yeah, i've been told that before :D I've also been told I look like Miku Hatsune, it's all in the color of the hair I guess :fi_lone_ranger:

@Kyzzx OMG THAT ALADDIN SANE POSTER sadcdscdfsjbvidfn dsmc vnmvn LOVE IT!

also, cool hats, they must be really soft

@Kyzzx OMG THAT ALADDIN SANE POSTER sadcdscdfsjbvidfn dsmc vnmvn LOVE IT!

also, cool hats, they must be really soft

They are soooft. (:

Thanks! A poster I couldn't pass up! It's not on my wall any more but was for about 7 years. Longest I've ever had one up.

@ Kyzzx Happy Birthday!! Friday the 13th for your 21st :icon_cool: Hope you have a great day.

Cute pics. :icon_cheesygrin:

Thank you kindly! :D

I'm in Vegas, hehe. I'm definitely having a nice time.

Well, I'm back from an unexplained hiatus. And I'm baaaaack to smother you all in silvery hnng. First things first, intro intro INTRO!

First up, the name's Sephiroth Crescent. I look around 20-odd but I'm a little older than that. I'm a First Class SOLDIER at the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company and I kick serious ass. You really do not want to end up impaled on my Masamune. >D

Lately I've been doing a lot of stuff on Twitter. (shameless addict, I know.) Plus, I have Tumblr. http://nymphomaniacsilvergeneral.tumblr.com/

As for what I'm like? Heh... I can be the nicest guy on the Planet... or I can tear your ass to pieces. I can be serious and I can joke around. My personality is variable depending on how I feel.

Got it memorized?

P.S. See what I did there?

P.P.S. I also had a part where that last catchphrase was from.

P.P.P.S. I love you all.

P.P.P.P.S. netmouse, where did you get the image in your signature from?

Hello everyone.

I'm fairly new here, so I thought I'd join this thread. I really love the show and relate to the characters a lot. I'm not gamer anymore, but I loved Resident Evil and Silent Hill on PS2. There's nothing like killing zombies!

I also have a fascination for science and nature. If I'd pursued this, I would have chosen biology. I'm dyslexic so there's no way I could do physics, all those numbers! It took me years to stop getting p,b and d mixed up. LOL! I have a friend who researches dark matter and find it so interesting, even though I understand less than half of it. As it is, I am a graphic designer.

@Seph: heya buddy, wb. google "shinra id card" (in the images section) and you'll get your choice of many many blank id cards that you can then photoshop. enjoy :)

Hello, I'm Kasiret. I am from Kazakhstan and my English is not perfect. I registered here because i'd like to meet TBBT fans form all over the world :)